The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Super Luigi! » June 21st, 2014, 9:31 am

Indeed! You sure made and make us proud, especially when you remind the world of Best Buy of DK's true strength! Oh, and I'm back from Disneyland and Six Flags. There wasn't any Donkey Kong, just so you know.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » July 16th, 2014, 11:26 am

I have been so incredibly busy lately. My sister came back home a few days ago and she will be leaving in a few more days. She came home to visit and she brought her family. Things have just been crazy around here! I also had a painting to get done in a week for a critique today. After my sister leaves, I have another abnormal psychology test. Then I can relax for a bit...

I figured I should explain my absence since Super Luigi! was curious.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » July 16th, 2014, 2:47 pm

I was? You must mean the question I asked in another topic. Your home must be in uproar right now.

All my thoughts are random, so I'll just tell you this: This website is certainly like the country. Believe me (and many of you already know), compared to other forums, the DKC Atlas is very laid-back and peaceful, which is a good attribute to have, since more people will pay attention to you when you decide to contribute to the community.

Of course, you still must make sure to please other users by pandering to the media. Otherwise, you'll end up crafting a giant presentation for your almost five-year-old project, and nobody will care. Then, you will lose sleep at night, wondering where you went wrong. "Was my contribution not enjoyable enough? Did I come on too strong? Does Qyzbud actually care, or has he merely forgotten, which is worse?"

Such questions will plague your existence in these great virtual hallways. In time, you may turn bitter or depressed, and slowly but completely remove your presence altogether, never to be part of the DKC Atlas again. Heartbroken and defeated, you will cry yourself to sleep at least thrice a week.

So Phyreburnz, thanks for posting in this topic.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Gaz » July 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm

This expression is priceless! :P
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

I'm moving to Oklahoma... AGAIN!!!

Postby Markster » July 18th, 2014, 9:28 pm

In July 2012 I moved from Kentucky to Oklahoma, and now it's happening again exactly 2 years later (July 2014), I'm moving back to Oklahoma from Kentucky again in the exact same house with the exact same stepfather traveling the exact same road trip. :shock:

I'm not kidding!!!

Talk about Déjà vu. :roll:

--

Anyways, I'm going to be offline for a few days, see you guys.

Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Qyzbud » July 19th, 2014, 12:43 am

Moving can be a pain, so I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Happy travels!

Good song, by the way. :)

Note: I merged this post into this topic, as it's hardly worth having one all to itself...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Markster » July 19th, 2014, 12:52 am

It's surprising really, the exact same major thing is happening to me exactly two years later! :shock:

Remember... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1545&p=29527&hilit=oklahoma#p29527
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby BlueTronic » July 21st, 2014, 5:40 am

Hi Myz Qyz! When are you gonna join us in the atlas chat? :bleak:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

I only listed the consoles because of the DKC remakes

Postby Geno » July 21st, 2014, 7:42 am

Oh yeah, I was at a convention.

I finally got a (real) copy of DKC GBA!

Which means I've truly finished my DK Collection (or DKC for shor- hey!) of DK games that I think are good (or better!) :thumbs:
which includes
Spoiler!
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land (GB)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land III (GB)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Donkey Kong Country (GBC)
Donkey Kong Country (GBA)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

Alternatevely, I could be just referred to as my Donkey Kong Country Collection, considering how it basically consists of the DKC games, and games that could be considered part of the DKC games (I think Diddy Kong Racing is the only one that isn't?)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby ArnyTheMutant » July 21st, 2014, 2:13 pm

I kongratulate you, Geno :thumbs:

So, i have enough money right now to buy a 3ds game, but i don't know witch game should i buy...
Zelda a Link between worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Sonic Lost World
or Kirby triple Deluxe?
Tourist
Bananas received 10

Postby Super Luigi! » July 22nd, 2014, 2:19 pm

"If IIIIIII were youuuuuuuu,
I'd run back home tonight,
Pick A Link Between Worlds, alright.
Yeah, I know what I'd do.
If IIIIII were youuuuuu,
I'd never let it go.
I'd have that game to hold my whole life to,
If IIII werrrre youuuuuu."

Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

BANJO-KAZOOOOOIE!

Postby Geno » August 4th, 2014, 12:04 pm

I went on a day-long trip to Toronto today.
My feet hurt.

BUT I GOT BANJO-KAZOOIE!

Oh yeah, and Mega Man Zero and Earthworm Jim 2

BUT BANJO-KAZOOIE!!!!!1!!111!!!!1!
THE N64 VERSION! None of this xBox crap.

Haven't tried it, but I already know it will be great, if other people's experiences with it are any indication.
Did you know that Banjo-Kazooie was released (in North America) 22 days after I was born?
It's the only game I know that not only was released in the same year I was born, but within the same month as well!

Oh yeah, I also recently beat DK64 100%!
(Yes, I know the maximum is actually 101%. However, I got a glitch Golden Banana in Fungi Forest, then promptly got the Rareware Banana before getting the Last Battle crown. It seems, that if I get the last Battle Crown AFTER getting 202 bananas, it will never say 101%.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Mattrizzle » August 4th, 2014, 12:31 pm

I feel old now... Awesome that you got the game though!

Similarly, the very first Legend of Zelda was released in North America 23 days after my date of birth. Kid Icarus was out some time during the month I was born.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Super Luigi! » August 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm

I went to Six Flags some days ago. It was fun, I'd say. Still, weeks ago, I went there and bought a Dixie Kong figurine.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » August 5th, 2014, 2:41 pm

Is Six Flags a water park, Super Luigi ?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Qyzbud » August 5th, 2014, 5:00 pm

I've been to a Six Flags park — lots of roller coasters, lots of fun!

Spoiler!

This may or may not be an accurate depiction of a Six Flags ride, but the park I went to all those years ago did have a rickety old wooden roller coaster that reminded me of DKC2's wild rides. :funky:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » August 6th, 2014, 6:51 am

I wasn't there at night for long, but yes, Six Flags looked just like that. Speaking of which, my last visit there followed the Kongs' journey through Krazy Kremland exactly. :swanky:

First, I ate some honey. Then, we went on a giant roller coaster, quite a few actually. Later, we passed through much vegetation. Next, we rode even more roller coasters, followed by a hovercraft ride through a marsh. :headache:

Lastly, as the night was ending, wasps of curiosity swarmed us as we tried to escape. Of course, these Zingers were scattered around the entire park, but King Zing decided to accompany me for a good 10 minutes. :kiddycool: We chatted for a while, until he decided to give up trying to drink my beverage. I think that's why the game's King Zing chased Dixie, come to think of it. :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » August 6th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:[...] trying to drink my beverage. I think that's why the game's King Zing chased Dixie, come to think of it. :dixiehappy:

I'd never considered that! Perhaps you're right... :)

That said, he never really sees her in juice box-toting form, does he...? :rambitongue: :angrysquawks:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » August 8th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Not in battle, but I'll bet he was watching her and Diddy as they traversed Krazy Kremland! And in case I wasn't clear, everything I described actually happened. I would never just tell a fascinating story like that if it wasn't true!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Markster » August 8th, 2014, 2:11 pm

I'm moving out really soon, the move to Oklahoma was delayed and now it's finally time to move again, so...

Oklahoma here I come!!! (again...) :kiddycool:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 8th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Hiiiii guys! First off, I just wanna say I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. I hope everyone is doing well. And marketer, please be safe on that road trip!

So much has happened since I've last been here. I think the last time I was actually on the site was that night Qyz found me and Kimi being weird in the Banana Chat. That was like... November. O.o

I apologize for my absence sincerely.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 9th, 2014, 10:47 am

That's quite all right, my lady. The DKC Atlas is still standing, and most of us are doing well. Kimi Kong is away collecting money, while Qyzbud is still in Australia, and I'm still strange.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » August 9th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Welcome back Chibisai Kong!
Glad to have you back!

On another subject, I'm currently RIGHT NOW listening to an .SPC rip of Krematoa Koncert from DKC3
... Has anybody else noticed how one instrument near the end gets out of sync after one loop?
Odd. :scratch: :huh:
(Reminds me of the version of Flying Battery Zone Act 1's music that's unused in Sonic 3. That also has a sound channel that gets left behind by the rest of them)

I've been listening to it for 12 minutes, and it's SO out of sync right now! :gnawty-lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Geno » August 11th, 2014, 9:51 am

So, I went to this museum called "The Museum".

It was a place.
But, there was something familiar with the music they were playing when I came in...
Reminded me of a.... Windy Well.
Or, a Shaft owned by this fellow "Squawks". Squawks Shaft, I guess...

Yes. This museum was playing DKC2 music on the speakers situated throughout the place! :dixiehappy: :swanky: :funky: :thumbs:
Along with other video game music.
The DK tracks were
Mining Melancholy, Token Tango, and the arrangement of DK Island Swing from DKCR.
Additionally, there were the Axem Rangers Chase and Moleville Mountain Railroad themes from Mario RPG, Aqua Man Stage from Mega Man 8, Dr. Wily Stages 1-2 from Mega Man 2 (*sigh), and of course, the Overworld and Underwater themes from Super Mario Bros. :mario:
There were others, but I didn't recognize them.

I basically melted with disbelief and joy when I entered, only for my ears to be greeted by Mining Melancholy.
best museum, 10/10, would want to live in
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » August 12th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Everyone, as you all may very well know by now, the King of Hyrule is dead. His daughter, Princess Zelda, is very likely in a state of severe grief, but she's strong, so she shall prevail.

Long live King Robin Williams Hyrule, and may he now be welcomed by the King of Kings!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Rux Ton » August 12th, 2014, 3:44 pm

I am literally so sad. Like...
Im like :shakehead: :dixiecry: :cry:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Geno » August 13th, 2014, 12:51 pm

The other day, I visited an aquarium!

It had all sorts of creatures, like Bitesizes, Chomps, Chomps JR., Croctopi, Squidges, Clambos, Floatsams, Lockjaws, Shuri, even a few Bazzas, Kocos, and Bounty Bass!
Enguarde was nowhere to be seen, though. :enguardehit:

I even got to touch one of the Chomps!
And I didn't hurt my eye, or fall down and start scratching my head!

(However, unlike that museum, they did not play things like Aquatic Ambiance, or Water World, though that didn't stop me from humming those musics!)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 13th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Ah, Siper Luigi... Always bringing the funny where we need it. Robin Williams' passing truly is a shocking grief. Our Bert's and prayers for his family.

And oh no, Rux, are you all right?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 14th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Chibisai Kong wrote:Ah, Siper Luigi... Always bringing the funny where we need it.

...It's Super Luigi, ma'am. Anyhow, that's my job, Chibisai Kong! Everyone should be relieved of stress and weariness! :dixiehappy:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » August 15th, 2014, 8:20 am

I just took and passed the Praxis 2 test for art! Yay! That means I'm one step closer to being an art teacher and I believe no more state required tests for me! Yay! I should be on my way to student teaching for this coming spring! I'm excited! :swanky:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » August 16th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Congratulations Phyreburnz! :thumbs: May you continue to succeed in accomplishing your goals! :dixiehappy: Here's a banana for strength! :banana:

As for myself, I've finished my first week of school, and that's about it. Really, I don't have too exciting news. I mean, I had ice cream today in two different forms!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » August 23rd, 2014, 7:30 am

Sorry but since this topics for random thoughts i had to get it off my chest.

HELLO LADIES

DON'T FORGET TO LAUGH AT TYRANNOSAURUS ALAN'S TINY ARMS
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Geno » August 29th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Hey, remember those DKC music mixes I did ages ago?
OF course you don't.

Well, I am posting DKC+DKL mixes on my Tumblr blog you probably don't know about either
it is here
http://geno2925.tumblr.com/
(There's also other junk, so you can check that crap out too)

Currently I only have DKC's "Theme", DKC2's "Disco Train", and DKC3's "Nuts and Bolts" uploaded at the moment, but I'll eventually hopefully have all the tracks mixed and up for listening in a while!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Cody » August 30th, 2014, 7:43 am

I've felt very weird lately, almost as if life is a lie, I'm fake and it's all just an incredibly eerie nonsensical dream. Kind of disheartening in a way and it's borderline driven me mad (I've been struggling with personal panic attacks, irregular mood swings, nightmares)... The worst part of all is I feel like I can't tell anyone because I fear they'd take me to be some crackpot.

At least I'm getting this off my chest. I've never felt this way before. I don't think I'm depressed and I'd like to think I don't have anything super wrong with me mentally, but I have no clue anymore
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Qyzbud » August 30th, 2014, 4:38 pm

That a real bummer to hear... sounds a whole lot like the concept behind The Matrix, to me. B/

If anyone ought to feel like their life is a lie, or fake, it's me; I've turned down a lot of good opportunities in life in order to work on a website dedicated to the digital adventures of fictional apes... :?

*Regrets nothing*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » September 1st, 2014, 1:58 pm

That's depressing, Qyzbud. But, as long as you're happy and well, then that's all that matters! And Cody, I once felt like that, but then again, I was on medical drugs.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » September 1st, 2014, 2:12 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:That's depressing, Qyzbud. But, as long as you're happy [...]

Is it really depressing even if I'm happy? :p

Super Luigi! wrote:And Cody, I once felt like that, but then again, I was on medical drugs.

Blue pill... or red pill? B/
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » September 1st, 2014, 2:15 pm

It's depressing to me. Also, I took BOTH PILLS! Well, actually, no pills were involved.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 2nd, 2014, 4:20 am

2 much alcohol, Weegee?
Here's a few bananas for you all. :swanky: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » September 2nd, 2014, 9:35 am

Never. I would not ever sink that low. How dare you suggest such evil events and activities.

Meanwhile, lotion. Use it. It heals dry skin.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 2nd, 2014, 11:43 am

Indeed, my paper plumber friend. But regarding the beer-if you are a plumber, how exactly do you live your life without something to comfort yourself?
Besides, with the exeption of saving the princess all the time, you DO have a job, you DO have a bro AND you DO in fact cause chaos among Donkey Kong Country.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Super Luigi! » September 4th, 2014, 1:05 pm

True. I do in fact have a life outside of the DKC Atlas. However, I don't drink or do drugs. I'm also not made of paper, although my portrait is flat.

As for comforting myself, I do my best. Over the past five years, I've recreated events in my life into video games. Have you ever heard of Super Luigi Brothers!, or at least seen it in the Non-DKC Fanworks/Projects forum? Yep, that's it.

Also, I make sure to preserve the peace in the Country. Even if there's a Tropical Freeze that ruins all the fruits of our labor, I remain calm. Essentially, I'm at peace.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » September 6th, 2014, 9:08 am

Well, I turned in all the crap I needed for student teaching... which is good... but then I found out that I have another freaking test to take... woo hoo... another hundred bucks out the window of stupidity...

So... I already took the Papa test (used to be Praxis I) which is basic reading, writing, and math... so next, I knew I needed Praxis II for art and content knowledge. Passed both without a problem... now I need to take ANOTHER basic test for English, math, history, and science... another Praxis II test... this is super sucky and I hate it. :|
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 13th, 2014, 9:45 am

So I've been meaning to post these for a while.

Here is mah kitteh:

Spoiler!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby spaceman2028 » September 13th, 2014, 1:03 pm

I do believe that belongs in the "Post a pic of u" thread but sure. Looking pretty, kitty!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » September 13th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Actually, I'd say this topic is the best spot for pet photos — unless your pet is also your Favorite Animal?

Very cute kitten, Chibisai! ^_^
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 19th, 2014, 6:07 pm

Thanks!

He really likes the dryer for some reason @_@
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Qyzbud » September 19th, 2014, 6:10 pm

It's his cosy little kitty-cave! :3