DKCRE v0.0.6.9 - Bug Reports

Report any bugs you find with the newest release of DKCRE here.

DKCRE v0.0.6.9 - Bug Reports

Postby Simion32 » August 30th, 2014, 7:05 am

Post Here to Report Bugs only involving DKCRE v0.0.6.9

Critical Bugs:
The Issue or Problem Proposed Solution
None currently known. - - -

Noncritical Bugs:
The Issue or Problem Proposed Solution

Non-Bugs:
The Issue or Side Effects Explanation
Level exits to Slipslide Ride after F5. It's the only place the savestate fully works.
My hack crashes at place xyz! Certain object combinations will/can crash DKC.

(No feature requests are allowed here. Any such posts will get deleted.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: DKCRE v0.0.6.9 - Bug Reports

Postby Qyzbud » August 31st, 2014, 12:10 am

Just following up on that crashing issue I mentioned in the general discussion topic; I think it's caused by a conflict between DKCRE and the Resource Monitor function of Windows 7's Performance Monitor program (system32\perfmon.exe /res). Apart from identifying the apparent conflict, I don't have any info for you worthy of a bug report, but I took a screenshot of the resulting error message, which also shows another trait of DKCRE's current design that might be best changed:
Spoiler!
DKCRE crash, verbose program name.png
DKCRE crash, verbose program name.png (29.2 KiB) Viewed 30873 times

The verbose "program name" is really more of a description — perhaps Windows 7 (what I have) handles the name/description differently than what you're used to — or is this something that you encounter, too? Either way, it's unfortunately ironic that it is proclaiming to be professionally-designed via a message that appears where it shouldn't be. :P

Honestly, neither of these issues are a big deal to me, but I suppose they'd be good to fix whenever you're able. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » August 31st, 2014, 12:16 am

I think that 7 handles that data differently; in XP it's used as the product description.

I'll consider messing with it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby VideoViking » August 31st, 2014, 4:07 am

The Auto Launch feature is not fully working. When I load the game, it no longer loads the level. Instead, it starts the game as if it were new.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby VideoViking » August 31st, 2014, 11:25 am

Brand new bug: while editing the camera boundaries, right-clicking the camera zone will not change the color right away. You need to click on another zone or something that refreshes the program contents to see the color change. Gets annoying.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Cody » September 3rd, 2014, 1:20 pm

I keep experiencing a REALLY frustrating bug, only in this version, while editing terrain. After copying+pasting terrain, it'll paste the terrain in a random spot but refrain from allowing me to move it around. I'm then able to "select" other random tiles by clicking on them and dragging but it does nothing to the level.

My only escape is clicking the "fill" tool, which causes my terrain to replace precious level pieces I'd already constructed. Unless there's something I'm missing, what could be the issue?
Attachments
DKCRE bug.png
DKCRE bug.png (95.32 KiB) Viewed 30824 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Qyzbud » September 3rd, 2014, 4:20 pm

A minor inaccuracy I've just noticed: In Palette Editor mode, DK and Diddy's names appear to be switched; ie. Diddy's palette is labeled "Donkey Kong" and vice versa. I haven't noticed any other mixups, but I haven't checked through the whole list yet.

Anyhow, this should be a very easy fix. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Simion32 » September 4th, 2014, 4:51 am

Cody wrote:Unless there's something I'm missing, what could be the issue?

I do not experience this issue, though there are a few minor tile refresh bugs while moving them around (when in doubt, you can scroll to refresh everything).

Paste follows your mouse position, and it pastes the block of tiles as close to being centered on your mouse pointer as possible.

After pasting, you must click on the selected tiles to be able to drag them around, and you can hold ctrl to select more tiles. You can also move the selected tiles by using the arrow keys.

**You may want to make sure your Ctrl key isn't stuck.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby OneOf99 » December 31st, 2015, 2:42 am

I think this might be a bug with the editor, sometimes when I move my mouse after placing a tile the tile keeps placing itself on other tiles even though I am not clicking with the mouse. Don't know what causes this, but sure is annoying when you have to go back and fix 12 tiles that you just spent a good bit of time planning and placing...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Simion32 » December 31st, 2015, 10:28 pm

Probably some kind of input bug, or you have a problem with DKCRE not cooperating with the mouse.

Will investigate at some point.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cyclone » April 5th, 2020, 9:01 pm

Hi Simion. How can I confirm I have the right version of the game? The editor crashes when I try to load the rom.
Thanks!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Simion32 » April 6th, 2020, 3:08 am

DKCRE crashes because there's no data in the INI file for the ROM version that you opened.

You can delete the GameConfig INI files that are not for V1.0U and this will make DKCRE spit out an error about a corrupted or missing INI file when you load an incorrect ROM.

There really should be a feature for this, but I won't be updating DKCRE for a long time, so be prepared to wait. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cyclone » April 6th, 2020, 7:04 am

This is the version of the game I'm using.

I can't seem to find the NTSC 1.0 version
Attachments
DKCVersion.jpg
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Cyclone » October 30th, 2022, 1:15 am

How can I change the entrance style and start points? It’s greyed out,
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Return to Bug Reporting