Donkey Kong Country Music Fusions

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Donkey Kong Country Music Fusions

Postby thetoad11 » August 29th, 2014, 2:19 pm

:kiddywave: Hey guys, I don't really do much around here. I like to check up on things every once and a while to see what's going on, but I don't really contribute anything, so then I remembered that I try and do remixes of video game tunes. Lately my big thing has been taking two songs from the Donkey Kong Country series and trying to fuse them together. I figured that this is the best place to advertise my musical talents in that department, so here's a playlist of what I've done so far. I'm open to criticism and such, and would also love to hear suggestions, not just on what I could improve, but also on future projects of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK8uQHzQ7KWWzXgXshKikxD4wTOxObFEA
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Re: Donkey Kong Country Music Fusions

Postby Qyzbud » August 29th, 2014, 2:53 pm

I'm 20 seconds into the first track on the list (Treetop Heat), and am already sure this will be a treat. :dixiehappy:

Thanks for sharing — I'll offer more feedback soon. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » August 30th, 2014, 3:14 am

Bramble scramble/Aquatic Ambiance fusion is something that should at least belong in DKC4 in my opinion. You should keep this up with tracks like K. Rool's theme from DKC1 and Rattle Battle from DKC2.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby thetoad11 » September 10th, 2014, 1:01 am

That would be an interesting fusion if I could pull it off, I'm just not sure how it would work.

EDIT: I did another fusion, though it's rather short. It's Forest Frenzy and Mining Melancholy.

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby MatiZ » September 10th, 2014, 6:22 am

Wow! This Forest Frenzy and Mining Melancholy mixed together... it's so smart!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 85

Postby Super Luigi! » September 10th, 2014, 6:51 am

If there's one thing I've learned from hearing mixed DKC tracks, it's that Mining Melancholy goes with everything. It's like a DKC Guile's Theme! :bleak: Hey, maybe we should combine the two! Ha! :dixiehappy:

Anyway, great job thetoad11. :banana: I look forward to your future endeavors! :thumbs:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby thetoad11 » December 11th, 2014, 6:24 am

This is probably a bit of a bump, but I managed to pull off another one of those DKC music fusions.

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Super Luigi! » December 17th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Phenomenal, thetoad11. Simply phenomenal. I knew this was going to be good, but when I heard around 1:00 onward, I was sold. Great job.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cyclone » December 18th, 2014, 11:28 am

Great job on these thetoad11!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » December 19th, 2014, 7:04 pm

I've enjoyed them all so far, but I particularly enjoy this latest effort. I'm a sucker for both Life in the Mines and Bayou Boogie, and you've blended them together very nicely.

Simple, faithful, minimalistic. Love it. ♥
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » December 20th, 2014, 6:17 pm

These are great!

I wonder how they'd all sound with the original DKC series soundfonts...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby thetoad11 » December 21st, 2014, 12:49 pm

I actually have the soundfonts for DKC and DKC2, but I'm not sure how to really use them so that they sound good and faithful to the games (If anyone wants to weigh in on that, that'd be cool). I would love to try remaking these with the soundfonts as a sort of side project, and I'd be cool if anyone else wanted to give it a go.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Phyreburnz » January 4th, 2015, 2:01 pm

I was wondering if you would take a special request, thetoad11. I wondered if you could do a fusion of the dkc1 mine cart level music and the dkc2 mine music. I just finished a custom level (which I will post in a couple of days since I'm on my phone right now) that is a dkc2 mine with the dkc1 cart in it and I thought maybe a fusion of the two songs would go well with the level and could be used in the dkc4 project.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby thetoad11 » January 9th, 2015, 11:10 am

I'd love too give it a shot when I can. My computer recently crashed, so I ended up losing a lot of my files, so I'll have to build my soundfonts back up again, and also re-obtain my music program, but rest assured, a mine cart madness/mining melancholy fusion is on my list, now.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Tonberry2000 » January 20th, 2015, 8:12 am

I really like the Winky one so far. I may try to think of a few you could combine. Maybe the Blackout Basement and Black Ice Battle? Is that even possible? Haha
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby thetoad11 » January 20th, 2015, 10:00 am

So a fusion of "In a Snowbound Land" and "Fear Factory"? I can see if I can make that work.

EDIT: On another note, someone commented on one of my fusion mixes asking for Disco Train and Pokey Pipes, so Behold, "Disco Drain."

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Super Luigi! » January 25th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Great job, thetoad11. I don't know what you want me to tell you, but I like this song. Keep living!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby thetoad11 » February 3rd, 2015, 10:56 am

Phyreburnz I finished the minecart madness mining melancholy mix you wanted. I also have an mp3 that loops a couple times in case you want it in addition to the mp3 that just has the one loop.

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby Phyreburnz » February 3rd, 2015, 11:26 am

Nice! :D I really like it. It's super interesting to listen to. I shared it with hiperkalango so hopefully he can put it in the DKC4 game. I don't think that level will appear in the demo; it should be in the final game, though.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby ZillyZango » March 1st, 2015, 6:10 pm

:nicework:
Cool.

How about Boss Bossonova and Krook's March? :diddyrock:
Tourist
Bananas received 5

Postby thetoad11 » March 3rd, 2015, 6:45 am

Well, I can always give it a try. They do have similar styles, so they should lend themselves pretty well to each other.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Postby thetoad11 » March 31st, 2015, 2:51 am

I'm so sorry, I think I might have done something slightly overdone. This is the second time I used Stickerbrush Symphony, and I mixed it with Hot-Head Bop.

Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 50

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks