Missed Characters- Mario Kart Wii

Missed Characters- Mario Kart Wii

Postby Jomingo » April 11th, 2008, 10:05 am

Okay, so a lot of people are a little upset than the less than awesome roster for Mario Kart Wii. Here it is:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi,
Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy,
Toad, Toadette, Koopa, Bowser, Dry Bowser, Bowser JR.
Dry Bones, King Boo,Yoshi, Birdo, DK, Diddy, Funky, and Rosalina.

That is in no particular order, by the way. I just typed the characters by memory in whatever order popped into my head.

Anyway, so I'm sure alot of you are dissapointed by characters that you wanted in, or characters that shouldn't be in(FUNKY KONG!). Discuss.

I think that Petey Pirahna, Dixie Kong, and Magikoopa should have been in. And no Funky Kong.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Missed Characters- Mario Kart Wii

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Petey- Yes.
Dixie- Yes.
R.O.B.- Uh... Yes.

And as long as these peeps make the cut, why couldn't Funky stay? Funky Kong gets more street cred from Mario Kart Wii than, say, Barrel Blast. Come on.

Oh, and Baby Petey. Not only would he have the world teetering on suicide, but it would also show us what he looked like before his... er, "mutation".
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » April 12th, 2008, 1:33 am

Well, if Dixie was in, than Funky wouldn't be. They wouldn't give the DK series 4 characters.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby holysnap » April 17th, 2008, 6:33 pm

I actually like the roster, though Dry Bowser was a bit stupid. I guess Dixie would of been cool though....
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 18th, 2008, 1:55 am

I've been thinking about this game, and it would have been cool to have Pauline in rather than Rosalina. I mean, you know... I thought they were going to bring her back after Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2, but I guess not.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » August 20th, 2008, 2:24 am

DonkeyKong, please don't bump 4 month old topics if what you have to say has almost nothing to do with the topic.

To answer your question, Rosalina is the princess from Super Mario Galaxy. She is playable in Mario Kart Wii. If you haven't played Mario Kart Wii, then you really have no business posting in this topic.

Also, that question could have easily been answered by a Google Search, or by searching Wikipedia. You didn't need to bump a topic to ask it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Rodent » August 31st, 2008, 8:23 pm

It was actually Tip Tup who posted. :P

I would've liked K Rool instead of Dry Bowser, and replacements for all the babies. Having 2 of one character just seems weird to me.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » September 1st, 2008, 6:58 am

No, it was Donkey Kong who bumped it. Tiptup posted back in April.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Rodent » September 2nd, 2008, 7:44 pm

I knew that. >.>
Question about posting in old topics - since DKC Atlas isn't a big community yet, and there's a thread at the bottom of the page 4 months old but I needa ask something related to that topic, do I post in it?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » September 3rd, 2008, 9:26 am

This is not the place to post that question in, but a question needs to be answered so....

If you have something relevant to say, something new that has not been discussed that relates closely to the topic then yes, go ahead and post it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby holysnap » October 6th, 2008, 5:05 pm

E-Gadd would of been cool. I'm surprised they haven't put him in any of the spin-offs yet.
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 25th, 2010, 11:27 am

[Two years later] Speaking of missed characters, look who we have here!

This is a sheet of character icons from Girrrtacos at Spriter's Resource. You uh, might be able to see why I'm emotional about this. SCREW THE WII for not having downloadable content... grr. I bet they swapped Hammer Bro. and the Petester for Funky and Dry Bowser, and maybe had Paratroopa in Baby Daisy's place (his icon is different from the other ones). Or maybe they just had 'em all in there, I dunno.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » October 25th, 2010, 12:32 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:SCREW THE WII for not having downloadable content... grr.
The reason is likely that due to the Wii's software architecture, each individual game would have to handle its own downloadable content, and have dedicated servers, etc.

When a game is compiled for Wii--- everything that game will ever do, EVEN THE HOME BUTTON MENU and the internet protocol stack (for the few online games such as MKWii and Brawl), is compiled straight into the game disc. Once your Wii game is running, it is the ONLY thing running on the Wii. This is not like Windows, where you piggyback off of system drivers and an Operating System. Oh no, on the Wii you've gotta do EVERYTHING manually, by talking directly with the hardware.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Jomingo » October 25th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Exactly. Guitar Hero V built their entire downloading system directly into the game from the ground up. Any developer has the ability to do this, but that's just so tedious and time consuming that it can't be expected of anyone. I guess it would be possible to download separate content if they threw it up on Wii Ware, but I don't know if they can even make it so that that content meshes with the game disk. Probably not.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Mario Sports