Rux Ton DKC remixes here!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Rux Ton DKC remixes here!

Postby Rux Ton » February 19th, 2014, 3:02 am

Hi guys! I will be posting any of my remixes in this thread whenever I create one. I plan to do an entire "album" of remixes someday from each series so.. Let's hope I get to it, right? So to start things off here are two of my remixes I fished off my old pc from like a year ago or 2.

So guys, I'm back. School and work have been taking over my life which really sucks. But I have been steadily working on more remixes. Since soundcloud doesn't like to have embedded players on forums, here is a link to the playlist. The 2 previous tracks I had here before were the Water World theme from DKC3, and Aquatic Ambiance from DKC1.

There are 2 newer ones there that I am EXTREMELY proud of. Once i can finish more (i have a few on standby that aren't finished), I will update this post and let you know.

Happy listening :swanky:

(Updated 1/6/16)

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton/sets/donk ... ry-trilogy
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Re: Rux Ton DKC remixes here!

Postby Qyzbud » February 19th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Hi Rux, great sounds you've got there!

Your Aquatic Ambience mix is very smooth, and captures the vibe of the original masterfully. Some lovely new samples and notes, but nothing that deviates too far from what makes the original track great. Love it. :D

Your Water World mix (that's the correct name, I believe) is dark and intriguing; I can certainly feel the Silent Hill influence! You're quite right that this track doesn't get a lot of attention from remixers, but then again, apart from the phenomenal OC ReMix album Double the Trouble!, DKC3 in general suffers that injustice.

Speaking of DKC3's lack of remix coverage, I'd love to hear what you could do with either Treetop Tumble or Pokey Pipes. Along with Water World, these are two of my favourite DKC3 tracks.

Just a thought; is it a coincidence that the two remixes you've posted so far are from underwater levels? DKC2 doesn't have any music that exclusively belongs to fully-submerged levels, but DKC and DKC3 both do — and you've remixed both! :p

Anyhow, these are some very, very nice sounding remixes — I look forward to hearing more. :)

Oh, and by the way; if you want to embed your tracks, wrap the URL in [soundcloud][/soundcloud] tags.
Edit: There ya go! :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Rux Ton » February 20th, 2014, 9:00 am

Thank you so much I seriously appreciate that! And i know right? I was going to do Lockjaws Locker, or Bayou Boogie. Bayou Boogie being my favorite track from 3 games.

Also thanks for the tip! I will do that for sure next time!

Treetop tumble, ohh man the rage those levels gave me. And Pokey Pipes, I always was on the edge of my seat from those levels. Well I am going to see what I can do. Itll be super fun!

You know whats strange about DKC3? I didnt like the soundtrack at all. I mean it was cool but.. too jazzy and bluesy and I did NOT like it. But after a while over the years it grew on me. I think its an acquired taste. I will say... Nuts and Bolts was a great track, and K Rool's theme were incredible. It deserves some more recognition thats for sure.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Qyzbud » February 20th, 2014, 10:02 am

No worries! I'm always happy to listen to good music.

Bayou Boogie is one of my absolute favourites from the trilogy, too. Enchanted Wood, Lockjaw's Saga and Donkey Kong Rescued are way up there, too.

I agree that DKC3 has the weakest soundtrack of the series, but over the years I've decided that it's okay — just good enough to be a part of the series. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Rux Ton » February 20th, 2014, 10:18 am

I am glad we are on the same page. I really wish there was a better suited DKC 4 that could match the same style. I feel bad for even wishing that. Like... hipster bad. Oh dear.

What makes me laugh is how close Bayou Boogie is drumwise to Phil Colins - In The Air Tonight.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Postby Qyzbud » February 20th, 2014, 12:34 pm

I certainly agree. Have you seen our discussion of Music That Inspired the Soundtracks of the DKC Trilogy? If you are as intrigued as I am about musical similarities and inspirations, you'll probably find something of interest there — and perhaps you'll have some observations of your own to share. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » February 21st, 2014, 2:28 am

Now that I can and have listened to these mixes, I must say I like them. Yes, I must. Why? Simply because I do, and that's the truth. And that's all I have to say about that. So, wonderful job Rux Ton! Your music mixes at least deserve a banana.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Rux Ton » January 7th, 2016, 9:08 am

Hey guys. It's been, quite a while. I updated the top post. there are 2 more remixes than there were before :)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 17

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks