What if you created DKC characters?

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

What if you created DKC characters?

Postby Phyreburnz » September 3rd, 2013, 10:08 am

I'm sure that just about everybody has thought about this... a character idea that you thought would be just too cool to have in the DKC games. :kiddycool: What would they look like? What attributes would they exhibit? Are they good or evil? Kong, Kremling, animal buddy, or baddy?

I figured this would be better for fanworks, since some people may have backstories and stuff.

So what characters have you come up with? Here are mine:

Spoiler!
I always wondered... where are the female gorillas? I thought a female gorilla that was in love with DK and jealous of Candy would be interesting. For some reason, I thought of this character as a gorilla version of Rapunzel, with long, braided hair. I thought it would be kind of funny to have her in the background of levels, and to get to special places. DK has to swoon her, so she lets down her hair, and he climbs to some unreachable place.

I always wanted more female characters, since the DK world seems dominated by male characters... and all of the females were girly girls. I thought a badass tomboy would be interesting as Candy's sister (I thought Honey would be a good name). Candy tortures her by doing her hair and makeup, and Honey just wants to go and kick butt.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Re: What if you created DKC characters?

Postby Kimi Kong » September 3rd, 2013, 11:17 am

Sadly, besides my children i made for the Kongs, I've never really thought of a character that could have actually been in the games. Well, not officially. I actually had a roster of kongs created about 10 years ago but i dont remember any of there names or what i had planned for them, except that they were assists in a DKC game i wanted to make.

But you're idea is really good. I like the way you described Honey and she would have made an excellent addition into the Kong family.

And you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned that there were not enough female Kongs in the Kong family. Nintendo really needs to work on that. XD
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Dixie Diddy » December 16th, 2013, 4:22 am

Yea Nintendo really thought that Rare should go one IN the series With Only 4 girls (Dixie Kong,Wrinkly Kong,Tiny Kong, And Candy Kong) Come one Nintendo unless some can explain why there is only three female Kongs I think I should Write a letter to Nintendo :shakehead:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Kimi Kong » December 16th, 2013, 5:36 am

We should. I mean, they origianlly had only 3 female Kongs and then added Tiny but at the same time added two more males. They need a better ratio here. It doesnt make it fair. If anything, it makes it sexist. I love all the males but at the same time there are a very uneven number of them and females.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Dixie Diddy » December 16th, 2013, 9:14 am

I agree Kimi I think they do need a better ratio
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Kimi Kong » December 16th, 2013, 9:35 am

:)

I actually thought about bringing my former idea back and working on it, but the main part of it is trying to remember who all i made. I made a whole bunch of female Kongs but i don't remember any of their names.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Chunky Kong » February 2nd, 2015, 6:17 am

Bumpidy Bump I would add MANLY KONG (cue explosion) He has muscles bigger than his head and has the ability to shoot lasers out of his chest. He's the reason K.Rool didn't appear in Donkey Kong Country Returns or Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. He knows what happened to Kiddy and K.Lumsy. His weakness? Post Microsoft buyout Rare games. In other words, he's pretty much Mary Sue Kong.
Newcomer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kimi Kong » February 2nd, 2015, 8:03 pm

Okay, i know that this was a crack post, but i laughed harder than i needed to at this! :ck1:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 136

Postby Cranky Kong » December 12th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Chubby Kong! (She's gonna get a starring role with Dixie in a fan fiction I'm writing.) She's kinda chubby, as you could imagine her being, and she isn't the most experienced Kong out there. She isn't very fast either, but she is very strong. She has very downward- facing, poofy hair, and she wears a blue cap. She is Dixie Kong's big sister.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby OneOf99 » December 12th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Kimi and Dixie Diddy, I believe that I'll have to disagree. I do not believe that the ratio of males to females (kongs) in DKC is sexist. It was most likely chance, and besides, there are other games that have female protagonists. Take legend of zelda, for example. You got midna, fi, zorlda, ruto (i think that's how you spell it?), and I assume navi. Or you could look at metroid, where the main (and practically only) protagonist is female. And no, other m doesn't count. But anyway, sure there are more male kongs than female kongs, but think about the time nintendo has had to expand on the dkc universe- only 6 games (DKC 1-3, DK64, and DKCR and DKCTF).
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Postby Cinder » April 3rd, 2016, 9:55 pm

I have some ideas about Kremlings and bosses.

Krusader - a powerful Kremling knight, armored version of Kutlass.
Katcher - an enemy who can catch your barrel and throw it back at you.
Kween K. Rooella - King K. Rool's possible wife and a pre-final boss. Why not?
Don K. Roolleone - a Kremling mafia boss.
Khan K. Rool - a Mongolian-style warchief of the Krem Horde.
Kommander K. Rool - the Kremling Kosmos Fleet leader if there was a DK game in space.
Newcomer

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks