The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 24th, 2013, 2:12 pm

DW=Doctor Who

Tumblr is quite fun if you follow the right people.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » June 25th, 2013, 8:47 am

Just like this forum!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 25th, 2013, 10:04 am

Yes, quite like the forum! :swanky:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » June 26th, 2013, 2:18 pm

OK, so random thought here. I'll bet that, based on her attitude, personality, and behavior, Chibisai Kong secretly scampers through the night on a mission to bring joy to children everywhere and to keep the metaphorical fire of her legend alive. Now, I don't mean to start judging anyone by his or her cover, but I had that random thought, so it was my duty to document it. So it is written.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 27th, 2013, 10:07 am

Well, I wouldn't say I scamper through the night and do it. Usually only when I feel someone is in need of happiness. The rest of the time I don't realize it.

Still, thanks for that. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » June 28th, 2013, 4:02 am

You're welcome, and it doesn't matter when it happens, just as long as you do it. Oh, and here's a banana for my banana. And now, it's time, for Another Random Thought!

So I remember reading (and seeing, somewhat) that Dixie and Tiny don't act like sisters, but Diddy acts like Tiny is his sister. Could it be that the reason Tiny doesn't appear in games anymore is because Dixie became enraged and attacked her sister? Or perhaps Tiny's sudden growth spurt is merely a disguise?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 29th, 2013, 1:08 am

Thank you! And you're welcome.

That IS an interesting though, really?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ribbedebie » June 29th, 2013, 7:39 am

Here's a random thought for y'all; I've been playing The Sims 3 recently and it's a lot of fun. Just wanted to say that. :P

I made most of the Kong family as humans, as well as some other characters from other media I like, and it's hilarious. Funky Kong is the only one with a job while Dixie and Diddy only want to play outside, and Kiddy Kong always skips school. There's DK and Candy too who just sit around arguing. ...I have no idea. xD
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » June 29th, 2013, 3:09 pm

All of that could happen. Usually when people portray the Kongs as humans, they choose Diddy and Dixie and trap them somewhere secluded. It can be weird.

So for my random thought, I shall say this: The Banana Fairy and Mermaid from DK64 aren't actually bigger than the other Kongs, like Tiny, as evidenced in the top-secret ending. You know, where Tiny, Candy, and the Mermaid pose like divas while two Kremlings gaze at all of their beauty. (One Kremling is either shocked about them or the fact that K. Rool and DK are playing an elementary school clapping game.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » June 30th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Headcanon accepted, Luigi.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Geno » July 1st, 2013, 12:07 pm

I only just realized.

It's been over a year since I joined this site, and I haven't actually read the rules yet! :facepalm:
(Mind you, that's the same deal as the other forums I'm on.)

Let's see how many more years I can survive without reading them!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » July 1st, 2013, 3:32 pm

I shall not comment on that statement for the sake of legal issues. Random Thought: When did geno become a girl? The doll always looked and sounded male to me. (As far as text boxes go, anyway.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Simion32 » July 2nd, 2013, 4:56 am

Super Mario Wiki wrote:Geno (whose real but "hard to pronounce" name is ♡♪!?) is a warrior from Star Road.

I suppose it's possible. Who knows. :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 2nd, 2013, 3:48 pm

How... how do you pronounce that?! O.O

Spoiler!
So, I was wondering if any of you could help me. I recently started an RP blog where the Kongs had been turned human because of one Cranky's experiments went wrong and now they have adventures while he tries to find a way to reverse it. At first I was only going to use drawings but I had the urge to use gifs and I have this inability of making frames looking almost the same so I can't make my own.

My question is---can anyone help me with faceclaims? ((I think I've already got Cranky's (beardy!Derek Jacobi)) and Funky's (Richie Sambora).))
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Geno » July 3rd, 2013, 12:38 am

Super Luigi! wrote: Random Thought: When did geno become a girl? The doll always looked and sounded male to me. (As far as text boxes go, anyway.)

what

what what what what

Actually, it's just an edit of Roll's Mega Man & Bass mugshot, because several people on Cutstuff, another forum (message board?) I go on, seem to have the habit of editing Roll to look like someone else.

I assure you, no change this extreme has happened to my physical body.

Anyway, I was listening to Frost Man's Stage music from the Sega Saturn version of Mega Man 8, when all of a sudden, at approximately 0:38, an instrument sample popped up that sounded JUST LIKE ONE THAT WAS USED IN THE DKC GAMES!

What a weird coincidence.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » July 3rd, 2013, 9:29 am

♡♪!? is pronounced Heartmusicnoteexclamationquestion. That's my random thought.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » July 3rd, 2013, 10:32 am

geno wrote:what

what what what what

I think I broke him/her. Anyway, I wasn't talking about you, geno, I was talking about ♡♪!? , or Geno from SMRPG. That would be utterly inappropriate, regardless of the fact that Anything Goes when Everything's Gone.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 3rd, 2013, 10:57 am

Was that a reference? O.O
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » July 4th, 2013, 1:03 am

Yes. Yes it was. I'd say this is the theme song of this forum. (But not the Atlas.)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Soniccuz » July 13th, 2013, 7:03 am

Any fighting game fans, or gamers in general, here watching Evo?

Catching the Melee pools myself.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 22nd, 2013, 2:06 am

Well, I was spending the night at my grandparents' appartment complex last night and somebody got murdered in the building down from us. No, really. I guess some girl had two boyfriends and one of them broke in and killed the other one.

This is why we can't have nice things.

EDIT: Not only that, we just found out it was in the appartment I used to live in! Good gosh.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » July 23rd, 2013, 4:54 am

That's insane, Tiptup.... scary as hell!

That actually reminds me, there was a standoff in a town near me that wet on for 18 hours. The guy stole drugs from a pharmacy and was in his house. The SWAT team was there and they had a whole section of town blocked off. My mum and I were actually driving around it when the gunfire went off. We didn't hear it at all, but we found out later when we looked at the news.

Also... crap has hit the fan again with my brother... he relapsed about a week ago and is in rehab.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » July 24th, 2013, 1:22 pm

I feel an obligation to address both parties involved. Tiptup Jr., I'm sure you and your grandparents could of mopped the floor with that boyfriend, if he had broken into your apartment. Phyreburnz, I'm sure your brother will rise up above the influence once again, so don't worry about him stealing liquor from a Liquor Locker and entering into an 18-hour standoff with police. Unless, of course, that's exactly what he did last time.

Lately, I've achieved mastery with all of the secondary weapons in Black Ops II and earned a neat calling card for it. I couldn't help but think of Cranky. Knowing him, he say something like, :rant: "Black Ops II? Pah! I'd rather play Donkey Kong Country 2! Young 'uns these days, only thinking about mindlessly shooting the whole town up! Why, back in my day, there wasn't any online multiplayer! If you wanted to play a real game with someone, you had to go out and find them! And the two of you always had to be on your toes while playing! There certainly wasn't any rubbish such as having diamond-plated barrels for killing 1000 baddies with every kind of barrel! Kids today, I feel sorry for them, having to survive on such utter trash, never knowing what it was like back when games were games! This Entitlement Generation should be entitled to a good whoopin'! Then they'd learn to respect their elders!"

So naturally, I come to an agreement by playing Snakey Shanty every time I fight on Hijacked, the ship level. Besides fitting perfectly, it makes me want to play DKC2.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 24th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Don't ever look up Donkey Kong-themed creepypastas.

Don't ask why, just don't do it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Geno » July 25th, 2013, 11:38 pm

what

I didn't even know such a thing existed.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 26th, 2013, 11:09 am

Neither did I so I got curious.

Just... just don't look them up.

Seriously, you'll regret it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » July 26th, 2013, 1:59 pm

I'm way ahead of you, Chibisai Kong. I've already read three of them, and my favorite right now is that one where Tiny gets revenge. I only wish more people would write them, maybe even post them in our Fan Fiction topic.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 26th, 2013, 3:46 pm

The one with Tiny's revenge is EXACTLY the reason why I said not to go looking it up.

My personal favorite creepypasta is BEN Drowned.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Gaz » July 29th, 2013, 9:20 am

I extracted it from a DKC flash video from 2000 (made by a guy named Randy) using a program called SWF Picture Extractor (by SWFTools). Just wanted to share with everyone :). Thoughts?

Qyzbud
geno
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » August 1st, 2013, 1:54 pm

As my American Government teacher would say, "So you invite everyone over to this massive party, and there's just kegs and kegs and kegs... of Pepsi."

My random thought? Hmmm, how about... Dixie Kong took all the bananas, which angered Cranky, and concerned Tiny. Oh, and I'll make a DKC Fan fiction once sonosublime is done.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 4th, 2013, 2:20 pm

My random thought:

Spoiler!
Kimi Kong: Where's Cranky?
Me: In his cabin. Bring bitches.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 7th, 2013, 8:50 am

While it is true that your thought is indeed very random, it is still not as random as jumping from a cliff into Jell-O, then swimming into and through a waffle, before sleeping in the Banana Fairy Queen's throne room for a few hours.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Simion32 » August 8th, 2013, 12:26 pm

I think he needs a dose of Piktamin U.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Super Luigi! » August 8th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Now you're just insulting me. This topic called for random thoughts, and that's exactly what I've provided. To answer your question, Chibisai Kong, I'm perfectly fine. Finally, I don't want to be held prisoner inside your basement again, Simion32, so please leave me be, and keep your drugs (legal or not) away from me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby CatLoverMolly » August 8th, 2013, 11:52 pm

I think every one needs to take a Chill Vitameatavegamin :thumbs:

Alternative is being slapped so many times so quickly, it sounds like applause.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 100

Postby Simion32 » August 9th, 2013, 5:41 am

The "Piktamin U" thing was just a joke. I didn't intend to insult you :(

The term is used in the Game Pikmin 3 for the Wii U. Get it now?

From what I can tell "Piktamin U" is most likely referring Vitamin C (in the game). Maybe, I'm not sure. :scratch:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 331

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 9th, 2013, 8:04 am

His reaction to Simion tho.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 10th, 2013, 1:49 pm

It was most random, was it not? And now, for my next random thought, I'm going to need a volunteer from the audience.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » August 11th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Very good, ladies first. And may the odds be ever in your favor. OK, so inside jokes aside, come up to the stage please. Now, my Atlas audience, watch as I hypnotize this young woman into thinking she really is a Kong. Abra, Kadabra, and Alakazam too, make cute, little Chibisai Kong be one with you! ZEBBETHETH! ZABBATHATH! ZOO-ZOO-ZOOOOOOOOOOOO! BECOME...KONGLIKE! You are now a Kong, Chibisai, and I release you.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Super Luigi! » August 11th, 2013, 1:35 pm

The Hidden Message of the Smilies

When you're Very Happy, you Smile and Wink at someone. This causes them to be Sad, which Surprises you and makes you Shocked. The other person will look Confused, but then turn Cool, and the both of you will be Laughing. Then you'll be Mad at that person's Razz, which will make them feel Embarrassed, and he or she will either be Crying or Very Sad. Your Evil or Very Mad attitude will suddenly take a Twisted Evil turn, and when your buddy starts doing his or her Rolling Eyes trick, you'll shout an Exclamation and ask a Question. This will give him or her an Idea and point to an Arrow on your wall. While you stay Neutral, your friend will find a Mr. Green piece of gum, and the both of you will be known as Geek and Uber Geek, respectively. After too much Thinking... you'll get Angry! Your buddy will say, "Huh?", give you a Banana, and then tell you, "For you!" While you Rant about how much that makes you Happy, your friend will proceed into a Crying state. Then, you will activate your Facepalm mode, as you remember that the four K, O, N, and G letters are vital to the puzzle. After your buddy stops being Sad, he or she will "Yahoo!" like Mario and get Swanky with the cheese. While you stay Cool and Bada**, your friend will suddenly get a Kiddy Cool Headache. After recovering, he or she will give you a Thumbs Up as the two of you come across a Target. "Nice work!" you two exclaim to each other. Next, you'll go into Shake Head mode as your friend tells you that Diddy Rocks. Finally, after so much hard work, both of you will find that, in the end, Kiddy Wins. You both then turn around, and see that Kiddy Waves at you. And that, my "fellow Atlasites", is the Hidden Message of the Smilies, as decoded by yours truly, Super Luigi!.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » August 17th, 2013, 5:55 pm

I just realised there's a British singer/songwriter/musician who goes by the name 'King Krule'... [Wikipedia article]

Koincidence? ...or konspiracy?! :shock:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gaz » August 18th, 2013, 8:42 am

Qyzbud wrote:konspiracy

I do find what you said rather strange, even more since Rare's a British video game company. I think this is a kongspiracy (just prefer it over konspiracy is all). His years of activity include 2010 to the present, so King K. Rool isn't named after him.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Gaz » August 22nd, 2013, 7:49 am

http://web.archive.org/web/20050619233753/http://www.nintendo.com.au/gba/games/video/dkong_lrg.php - The Australian commercial for Donkey Kong Country (GBA).

It's basically identical to the American version, except a different guy voices in the commercial and the "Only for Game Boy Advance" screen is different. Too minor for its own topic, so I put it here.

EDIT: I did the wrong link (forgot the Web Archive).
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Qyzbud » August 23rd, 2013, 12:38 am

Edit: Now that you've fixed the link, the following 'spoiler' is not applicable. :)
Spoiler!

You're right that a single game commercial isn't worth its own topic, but it would be great to have one dedicated to all DKC-related adverts over the past ~20 years. Feel free to start one, if you're keen. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gaz » August 23rd, 2013, 1:49 am

Oh, crud! I meant to add the Web Archive link to it! I am so sorry! :facepalm:

Edit: I found an Australian commercial with a rare Donkey Kong Land Game Boy bundle!:

Qyzbud
Blaziken257
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 29th, 2013, 12:31 pm

I started school on Monday

:dixiecry:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21