Your DKC collection

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Your DKC collection

Postby nintendobarn » June 1st, 2013, 3:43 am

I have been lurking this forum for a while without making any real post. So I thought I could start a topic for the collectors. For some reason I started collecting the dkc-games. Thought I would be happy once a got the complete trilogy on super famicom but this just triggered a feeling that I wanted all of them, every version all regions.

On this picture you can view my current collection. Hope to see some of your collections!
bild (11).JPG
my dkc collection
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Re: Your DKC collection

Postby Qyzbud » June 1st, 2013, 8:48 am

Fantastic collection — I'm thoroughly impressed. B/

My collection is pretty meagre in comparison; I basically just have the PAL version of most DKC-related games, and half of them have been lent to friends (and might never be seen again...). A few of mine are second hand, too... and those ones mostly came without the original box.

So, you can see why I'm so impressed with your collection. ;)

I've gotta ask; do you play these cartridges, or are they kept in mint condition — safe from the ravages of their intended purpose? :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nintendobarn » June 1st, 2013, 7:05 pm

I keep the cartridges in a bag so I can play them whenever I feel like it. So i´m not that concerned about keeping them in mint condition. Right now most of them are lent to friends of mine, need them to realise how good these games are so they dont roll their eyes that much when I speak about a new object ebay that im intrested in.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Tompa » June 2nd, 2013, 7:22 am

Very nice collection indeed! But where is the Competition Cartridge? ;)

My "collection" is hardly worth mentioning. But I had plans on getting all version (1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 for all regions) of the SNES games. Though I don't think I'll ever bother...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby nintendobarn » June 5th, 2013, 4:47 am

Tompa wrote:Very nice collection indeed! But where is the Competition Cartridge? ;)

Have been trying to get my hands on a copy but the prices are a bit silly. Have been willing to pay 1000$ but lately sellers think they will get 3000$ for a copy with the box. :headache:
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Cody » June 8th, 2013, 11:20 am

Nice collection!!! (and welcome to the forums!)

I just have:

- the 3 SNES titles
- the 3 Donkey Kong Lands (though DKL3 has the box)
- Donkey Kong Country GBC
- the DKC GBAs (DKC3 has the box)
- DKCR 3D (naturally I own the case :P )
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Ribbedebie » June 12th, 2013, 3:06 am

Holy crap, I am incredibly envious! What an amazing collection. I never even knew there were so many versions of the games!

I have my own collection of games, but my collection focus is mostly merchandise, haha. I actively hoard anything that has anything to do with Donkey Kong in general. It isn't the cheapest kind of hobby, but I'm rather proud of what I have collected myself.
This is it so far! ...Don't mind the Pikmin dudes in the middle, they still need a new place to reside, haha. Not pictured; a shopping bag with DK on it from the Nintendo World Store, two plush Diddys and two plush DKs. Also a promotional poster from Donkey Kong Jungle Climber, and two T-shirts with the big ape on 'em.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby the_kong_br » June 23rd, 2014, 8:55 am

nintendobarn wrote:I have been lurking this forum for a while without making any real post. So I thought I could start a topic for the collectors. For some reason I started collecting the dkc-games. Thought I would be happy once a got the complete trilogy on super famicom but this just triggered a feeling that I wanted all of them, every version all regions.

On this picture you can view my current collection. Hope to see some of your collections!
bild (11).JPG

I felt a little jealous!

Congratulations on collection, is perfect! One day I get to the same level as yours! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby the_kong_br » June 23rd, 2014, 8:57 am

I'll take some pictures here of my humble collection will soon post!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby spaceman2028 » September 3rd, 2014, 7:26 am

nintendobarn wrote:
bild (11).JPG

If you notice in the first post of this topic, there is a DK plush hiding one of the boxes...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » September 3rd, 2014, 1:49 pm

It's difficult to see, but I'd bet my banana hoard that the hidden box is Donkey Kong Country Returns. B/
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby spaceman2028 » September 5th, 2014, 6:08 am

Most certainly. It looks just like a game case for a WII game, hence why DK would block it-to protect classic Rareware fans.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby nintendobarn » September 6th, 2014, 7:09 am

It is DKC Returns hiding behind the plush. I moved to a new place and need another shelf to store the new additions to the collection. I will post a new picture as soon as its up on the wall again.
Tourist
Bananas received 11

Postby Stone » February 27th, 2016, 9:42 am

Just added those player guides to my little collection!
3 of them I've never owned before, so this weekend is dedicated to read 'em all :funky:
Attachments
ebayDKC.jpg
Finally I have the DKC2 players guide again!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Return to General DKC Discussion