The SuperCard DSTwo!

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

The SuperCard DSTwo!

Postby Gaz » October 13th, 2012, 2:32 am

Yesterday, I got a Supercard DSTwo. Guess what it is? It is a supercart (or flashcart) that has support for PDF, CBR and TXT reader (and viewing JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP images too), all that with the Moonshell 2 application. I only decided to list the basic stuff first and save the fun stuff for last.

Image;
Image (The image shows that DSTWO included with a 2GB SD Card).

Mine hadn't come with SD Card Adapter, but I had an SD Card reader, so I'm okay).

Their official site is at http://supercard.sc/manual/dstwo if you want more information. How did I get it, you ask? Well... on http://v2watch.com (took a month before arrival...)

So anyways, it's included with a MicroSD card (I got a 16GB one with mine :D). Which stores all of the data on the flashcart itself. Youcan also store ROMs on it (please make sure to do it with physical copies you already own). I also get applications like Lameboy 0.12 (FileTrip version has a a WS.Reputation.1 virus...) for unofficial GB/GBC emulation. Other unofficial emulation includes NES, Sega Genesis/Game Gear, Arcade, Atari stuff, ZX Spectrum, etc. All right on your (3)DS(i)(XL) < thumbs up for that.

Also supports NDS and GBA emulation (official). The DS ROMs also can be included with cheats (Action Replay codes and such if you type it in). To go to tthe menu for the NDS cheats, gaming guides, etc., push L, R and SELECT simultaneously.

To use 3DS on its latest version, download the Firmware 1.18 version and onto the MicroSD which goes into your DSTwo. If you are going anywhere (waiting room, etc.) why not play TV games on your (3)DS(i)(XL) (N64 and onwards cannot be supported).

Betcha saw this one coming...

Spoiler!
IT SUPPORTS SNES EMULATION!!!

It also supports GBA (already mentioned), but I thought people like Qyzbud would be more enthusiastic about the SNES emulation...

Yup. Sure does. I'll show you two DKC images as an example (you can take snapshots of SNES, though only in BMP and 256x192px unfortunately. For GBA, it's BMP format and 240x160px.);
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.0) [!]_1012082526.png
DKC (DSTWO)
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.0) [!]_1012082526.png (18.29 KiB) Viewed 23875 times

Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.0) [!]_1012082924.png
DKC (DSTWO) (AGAIN)
Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.0) [!]_1012082924.png (22.95 KiB) Viewed 23875 times

Video;

If I did anything wrong, please let me know (the rules don't say anything about no flashcart discussions). I would also like you to find about this more yourself so I don't spoil everything. The one with a 16GB card is only $58.30 if anyone is curious.

I;m sorry about the messy typing. I kinda rushed this a little bit... Any questions? Please ask me.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: The SuperCard DSTwo!

Postby Katastrophe Kong » October 16th, 2012, 6:54 pm

ONLY 60 bucks? Well excuse me, Mitt Romney. That sounds like WAAAY too much to be investing in some little card.

Does it at least work for the 3DS?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » October 17th, 2012, 2:39 am

Yes. If you have Firmware 1.18 (for the latest version).
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Cody » November 10th, 2012, 10:16 am

Is the SNES emulator the same one as the R4 one?

In other words, is it SNEmulDS?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 30th, 2013, 6:39 am

How is it legal to make these things, more or less sell them?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gaz » January 30th, 2013, 9:57 am

Try to use it legally and only put ROMs on it you actually own in real life, I guess.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Qyzbud » January 30th, 2013, 1:45 pm

There's also the homebrew/public domain (legally distributable ROMs) side of things... but yeah, I have to agree with Tiptup Jr. that this kind of hardware makes it all too easy to make a mockery of copyright laws, etc.

Not quite sure how these companies manage to fly under the radar.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby OneOf99 » December 15th, 2015, 3:52 pm

High five man! This is exactly how I played the DKC games that I never had! You use CATSFC, right? The great thing about this is having 16 savestates for each game, so it is much easier to perform glitches too. Seriously though, I didn't know others actually used it.

Oh Qyzbud, it's only illegal if you rip the roms yourself and send them to others. That's how "Cool Roms" got shut down, essentially.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 23

Return to Gaming Discussion