DKC Box Art Title in 3D

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

DKC Box Art Title in 3D

Postby Cyclone » June 29th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Been working on this off and on for awhile and it's finally completed. There are a few differences in the 'Country' text because of the conversion to 3D, but I think I got it pretty close. The first pic with the white background has an alpha channel with transparent background. Feel free to use these renders for your own projects; all I ask is you give credit to Cyclone or Chris S.

Higher resolution versions:
Version 1 (white background)
Version 2 (transparent background) Note: IE displays the background as white but Firefox displays it black
Version 3 (black background)

Animation Showing it in 3D

Full-HD Download
Last edited by Qyzbud on January 19th, 2013, 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Image trimmed, resized, compressed and embedded (fixed for IE); links/formatting adjusted; YouTube video embedded
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Re: DKC Box Art Title in 3D

Postby leo_core » July 1st, 2012, 5:04 am

Congratulations, it looks great!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 72

Postby Qyzbud » July 1st, 2012, 4:24 pm

It's very cool to see this typographical masterpiece finally completed... I believe you have achieved perfection - well done old chap! :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm

So... we didn't have a high-quality version of the DKC logo beforehand? Hm. Anyway, cool!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » January 14th, 2013, 5:13 pm

That's right, Tiptup Jr; as far as I know, this is easily the best quality DKC title text/logo available anywhere.

A few decent fan-made versions exist here and there, but Cyclone's lettering is cleaner and more accurate. All of them are worlds better than the best of the official versions out there — resolution-wise, anyway. Of course, Cyclone's work also has the distinct advantage of existing in three dimensions, which makes it more versatile than all of the 2D ones. It can be scaled, rotated, relit, textured, animated... basically manipulated umpteen different ways.

So that's kind of awesome. B/

To make Cyclone's efforts a bit more accessible, I've trimmed and resized the transparent version, and have run it through PNGGauntlet for the best lossless compression possible. This has been added to the original post, and I'll leave it here, too:

Spoiler!

*fixed for IE*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » January 15th, 2013, 8:04 am

thanks qyz. image in the post is broken though
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » January 15th, 2013, 8:13 am

It is? Seems to be showing up just fine for me on multiple computers/browsers... does it show up in the spoiler in the original post?
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » January 15th, 2013, 8:18 am

yes it shows up in the spoiler.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » January 15th, 2013, 11:52 am

So it shows for you in the spoiler, but not in the main body of your original post, or in my post from yesterday? ...and it's showing for me just fine everywhere I've tested... hmm... what browser are you using? I'll sort this out when I get home — or you can do so now, if you like. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » January 18th, 2013, 11:59 am

It shows up fine on my computer using firefox but not on my xbox using IE. My be an IE issue?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » January 19th, 2013, 8:55 am

You're right — it does seem to be an IE issue. :roll:

If I had a nickel for every time I faced an IE issue... I'd have a whole lot of foreign currency. :lol:

*greases squeaky wheel*
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks