Happy New Year! How has the festive season been for you?

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Happy New Year! How has the festive season been for you?

Postby Qyzbud » December 25th, 2012, 1:11 am

I've just decorated the home page (update: see it again!), and thought I'd ask what everyone has planned for the holiday season. :)

I'm having lunch with MrsQyzbud's family tomorrow, but don't have much planned other than that...

How about you guys? :dixiehappy:

Edit: Now that Christmas and New Years have come and gone, feel free to share what you've been up to!
Last edited by Qyzbud on June 24th, 2013, 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Renamed topic from "Christmas is here! Have you been Gnawty, or nice?" and "What are you up to this festive season?", linked to festive design
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Christmas is here! Have you been Gnawty, or nice?

Postby BlueTronic » December 25th, 2012, 2:26 am

Hahaha!

I guess I've been nice, cause I'ma be getting an awesome new music keyboard today to jam to DKC tunes on! :funky:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Soniccuz » December 25th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Dad, his gf, and me opening presents, and cooking a delicious meal that will last all day, is the usual order of things.
Now if only I'd go to sleep at a decent hour...

Hope you all have a merry Christmas, and happy holiday. ^.^
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Geno » December 26th, 2012, 10:23 am

I must have been good, I got both an NES AND a Wii U!

And some other stuff.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » December 26th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I may be late, but I'll say it anyway. Merry Christmas Eve Eve, Christmas Eve, and Christmas everybody! Qyzbud, I love that you went to the trouble of redecorating the home page and cued "Jangle Bells" to play! I only wish I could give you, as well as the rest of the Atlas, a present that would be just as great.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Geno » December 27th, 2012, 5:42 am

Oh! I also got Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Advance 4, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge!

They're all pretty excellent games, but MMDWR is a bit on the hard side.

And I got a Knex DK on a bike! (My sister got a Diddy Kong one)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Qyzbud » December 28th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Qyzbud, I love that you went to the trouble of redecorating the home page and cued "Jangle Bells" to play!

Well, I'm glad at least someone noticed! :lol:

It was fun to do... and I've been meaning to do something like that for Christmas and other special events, but I always seem to get sidetracked and run out of time. This year I decided it was an effort worth making. ;)

Kong-Fu wrote:I'ma be getting an awesome new music keyboard today

Very nice. :thumbs:

geno wrote:I must have been good, I got both an NES AND a Wii U!
[...]
Oh! I also got Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Advance 4, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, and Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge!
[...]
And I got a Knex DK on a bike! (My sister got a Diddy Kong one)

"Kids these days... when I was a lad, we'd be lucky to get a line of code — let alone a game!"
"Five games, two consoles and a toy of my worthless grandson*? Bah!" :rant:

*Yeah, I'm still not 100% convinced either way on this matter (discussed here, here, here and over here, here, etc...), but eh. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 29th, 2012, 4:36 am

Mom's husband lost his job day after Christmas (I live with them, so it's been tough.) Didn't get many presents, just some money. This holiday is really showing me what a dreadful, terrible place the world is. I just want a bunch of aliens to come blow us up, I'm done.

*DK Jr. is dead and Cranky raised DK III, enabling him to be both his son and grandson. Most modern games with DK Jr. also have Baby Mario, so there. Apparently the Donkey Kong in the 1994 Game Boy version is supposed to be Cranky, which contradicts Mario Superstar Baseball's assertion that DK's "ancestor" the original Donkey Kong, wore no necktie. Yoshi's Island DS only works if Baby DK (who also appears in Super Sluggers) is Cranky, although the whole business with Baby DK being a Star Child seems to complicate this. Brawl attempts to put the matter to rest with the codec, while Cranky and DK's trophies both list their first appearance as Donkey Kong Country (which is technically not incorrect.) And yes, I know there are translation errors in Brawl's trophies, but the Donkey Kong-lineage stuff seems to be deliberate.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Cody » December 29th, 2012, 2:54 pm

I got me some nice (but inexpensive) headphones, new belts, a new sweater & a backpack--all very needed and welcome.

Today I went ahead and bought me Pokemon Black 2 & Pokemon SoulSilver, which completes my GBA/DS Pokemon RPG collection (minus White 2 which I'll get eventually). Pretty content right about now :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Re: What are you up to this festive season?

Postby Qyzbud » January 1st, 2013, 2:32 pm

Happy New Year, everyone!

I've redecorated the home page once again! It's not as elaborate as the Christmas decor was, but DKCR fans ought to appreciate it. :)

Tiptup Jr. wrote:This holiday is really showing me what a dreadful, terrible place the world is. I just want a bunch of aliens to come blow us up, I'm done.

Grim outlook, my friend... just remember that there's beauty and wonder amidst the dread and terror. :dixiehappy:

Cody wrote:I got me some nice (but inexpensive) headphones, new belts, a new sweater & a backpack--all very needed and welcome.

Sounds like a great bunch of practical gear — good haul!

Well, I hope 2013 treats you all well. Make it amazing, guys! :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Happy New Year! How has the festive season been for you?

Postby Super Luigi! » January 5th, 2013, 3:50 pm

To answer the question, New Year's Eve was a fun night for me. Everyone at my house stayed up, watched many movies, and saw the New Year's Ball dip down. You know, that makes me wonder how Christmas and New Year's Eve was celebrated on Donkey Kong Island.
*looks at DKC3 and DK64 Christmas render*
Oh, so that's how.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Return to Anything Goes