My 3D DK Characters

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Re: My 3D DK Characters

Postby leo_core » October 30th, 2012, 11:09 am

I'm really impressed! You want to share this (and their other models)? I would love to be able to use in my 3d project. I'm redesigning the engine to be able to use the 4 kongs.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 72

Postby Cosmicman » November 6th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Thanks again guys! All my models will be shared as soon as I'm happy with the final result, I keep finding ways to update my models and it keeps delaying the time to release them.

I haven't done much except his socks, almost there. The shiny blue color is just the material, not the final color.
" the small white background image is the one I'm using as reference."

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Phyreburnz » November 6th, 2012, 2:09 pm

I'm probably the most excited for your Kiddy model to come to life. I don't know, though... Mr. X is still pretty badass! It'll be nice to have a wider range of things that Kiddy can do, since he had the fewest sprites of all the Kongs.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cosmicman » November 6th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Mr.X is basically done, I just need to extend his arms to animate him and add a few badges. Painting him should be quick. I haven't updated much because I have been trying a bunch of different things with the Kiddy model and I'm learning so much, once I started animating him and adding hair some things didn't look that good so I had to resize a bunch of parts, specially his head and eyes. I'm trying to concentrate on him for now since he has legs, even though he doesn't use them much its a great model for trial and error when animating.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Qyzbud » November 6th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Those feet are looking great — with the right texturing and 'floppy fabric' animation, they'll be perfect. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Tonberry2000 » November 6th, 2012, 6:26 pm

Wow! This is fantastic!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby Cosmicman » November 7th, 2012, 1:23 pm

I don't know if you guys notice but I changed lots of things here, his stance, head scale, eyes, his belly shape, a few other things plus added the string on his neck. I'm a lot happier with the changes, I feel he is pretty close to the Rare renders I have been looking at, I want to work a bit more on his fingers and his ears, I think thats about it, unless you guys see anything else that might need work.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Cosmicman » November 7th, 2012, 2:26 pm

I had to take a small break from the more complex Kiddy and work on other characters I like, here is a simple one. Still needs work but really cool to see the progress. Who knows, maybe one day I will complete all the characters from the trilogy in 3d.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Cyclone » November 10th, 2012, 11:50 am

Looking good. Kiddy looks pretty sweet. Keep it up.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Ribbedebie » November 12th, 2012, 7:23 am

I'm blown away by your 3D modelling skills, dude! That Kiddy is just so perfect. And that you're able to give him fur and animate him is just amazing. Nice work! (I also might need to look into that programme you're using for animation!)

That Squawks is cute too, seeing him being build up like that reminds me of those little FIMO clay how-to booklets I had when I was a kid. I feel like sculpting a Squawks figure now. :P
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Cosmicman » November 14th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Thanks Cyclone, I have a big surprise related to Kiddy, I can't wait to show it here.

Ribbededie I'm using Sculptris and Cinema 4d, I seriously doubt there is anything more user friendly than this out there so give it a shot when you feel like sculpting.

Edit: Happy Kiddy new head.

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Tonberry2000 » November 18th, 2012, 7:49 am

Hahaha, he's so happy! Here's a weird question: Have you considered doing DK? There are a lot of later sprites that DK doesn't have because he wasn't in the games that use them. A DK model would make it much easier.

I love your work so much!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby Qyzbud » November 18th, 2012, 9:03 am

Tonberry2000 wrote:Here's a weird question: Have you considered doing DK?

That is a weird question, considering the content of the first post of this topic, and this one, a few posts down... :lol:

Great job on Kiddy's happy face, Cosmic! That's the cute and cheery baby ape I remember. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cosmicman » November 18th, 2012, 12:42 pm

Tonberry2000, how did you miss DK, he is the first model I did :lol:

Well, I feel confident that the Kiddy model is about done so I'm trying a more serious paint job.

I recently started messing with the rendering, he is bald right now but I will add hair soon, somehow I also lost all the bumps in the model, like the clothing bumps for example and I'm trying to find out how to add them for the renders but here is a quick render.

I love this picture, it reminds me of a movie poster or something :mrgreen:

I still managed to mess up the neck string in this model, is going through his skin so I have to fix that too, other than that I just have to add hair, bones and I will be able to make some cool wallpapers.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Tonberry2000 » November 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm

Oh. Duh. I knew that. >.>

Kiddy is looking amazing. Can't wait for the fur. :D
Trailblazer
Bananas received 30

Postby Cosmicman » November 19th, 2012, 9:20 am

Fur will be added today, I noticed the renders look really bad when I zoom in on them, I think the jpeg is losing a lot of quality because I'm taking a screen capture of the render instead of exporting a real render so that will be fixed from now on.

Edit: Kiddy is getting a haircut

Not done yet, I have been messing with the settings, length, textures, number of hairs, but I'm getting there. :mrgreen:

Edit: I always wanted to do some kind of background so here is my take on the DKC2 map screen, it looks like a wedding cake right now :lol:

Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Qyzbud » November 24th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Hey, very nice developments!

I only just noticed the edit/update... remember, it's okay to 'double post' if you have something significant to add — especially when it's your own project topic! ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cyclone » December 7th, 2012, 7:28 am

Hey Cosmicman, how are your 3d projects progressing? Love seeing your work!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Qyzbud » December 7th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I'm with Cyclone — keep 'em coming, man!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cosmicman » December 11th, 2012, 2:12 pm

I haven't posted much because I upgraded my computer to windows 8 so im in the process of installing everything again, will get back to Kiddy and the rest of the projects as soon as possible.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby Geno » December 12th, 2012, 9:11 pm

Cosmicman wrote:I upgraded my computer to windows 8

what.
IS it really as bad as everyone says it is?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Simion32 » December 14th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Well, I'm, staying away from 8, and I'm not going to support it. As a programmer I deem Windows 8 crap. Keep that mobile junk OFF of the desktop operating systems. This machine I have here isn't a touch screen, and is meant for productivity, not "looking good". 8's utter garbage. :rant:

Tough luck for those DELTA fans who think the "latest and greatest" is the best thing evar111!1two! :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cyclone » January 8th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Bump... Must be working on some super secret project or something. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Cosmicman » March 29th, 2013, 10:44 pm

:D No super secret project :oops: Just had no computer for a few months, and between work and other small projects I finally saved up for a new one, I had the old one since 2003, but I have been checking out the site but my phone though. No computer means no 3d work done, but I'm back and I have all the files saved up, so I can continue working on them.

The biggest news I have is that I sent Kiddy to a printing company, I should receive a closed mouth/closed fist small print soon, If it works out I will make a 1/4 scale print, I have not decided what size that is but I think somewhere around 18 inches tall with a DK logo base. I have him rigged for movement so I want to try different poses too, if everything works out and im pleased with the statue I plan on making several copies for some family members that love DK as well, if I figure out a cheap way to make those copies maybe I will donate a few for some of you :funky: . I also plan to spray paint him with an paint gun and add real fur to his arms and head. At 18 inches or more he will be HUGE, I can't wait to get to that point. :kiddywin:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby leo_core » April 26th, 2013, 10:40 am

Hi Cosmic! I sent a message to you a few days ago, check your PM Inbox please. (Sorry bump topic guys)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 72

Postby Qyzbud » April 26th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Only just saw the previous post of yours, CosmicmanAWESOME! :D

Any news on the 3D printing, or modelling? :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cosmicman » August 9th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Hello forum, sorry I disappeared again but I have a lot going on, enough to keep me busy for a few months maybe until the end of the year, the 3d print never got through and I decided to wait and buy a personal 3d printer in the future. I will post in a few with better news for some I guess.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby VideoViking » August 10th, 2013, 3:46 am

Cosmic, I sent you a quick PM.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » August 10th, 2013, 4:03 am

Well it's good to see you are still around Cosmicman! I was worried about you for a while! Hey while you are around check out Cyclone's 3D modeling and animation topic and my Donkey Kong Country: Kremling Chaos (fan game) topic. We have both been doing some amazing things since you have been away! Hope to see more from you soon! Take care!
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby Cyclone » August 10th, 2013, 9:27 am

I agree hope to see more from you to. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Cosmicman » February 22nd, 2016, 11:05 am

Hello everyone. I'm back !

I was finally able to buy a new computer but sadly in the process I lost access to my HD where I store my 3D files, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to gain access with a master password but meanwhile I wanted to redo Kiddy to share the 3d files with the forum as I promised years ago.

I sculpted him from scratch today and I did a quick coloring to test the running rig, he is missing hair and a few details but he should be 100% done soon.

I can't wait to see all the amazing projects everyone has been working on since my last visit :thumbs:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby VideoViking » February 22nd, 2016, 12:58 pm

Welcome back, Cosmicman. I'm guessing the Hunter 3D project was affected by the lost access to your hard disk as well. Hope you can find a way to get those files back.

(You can update me on the Hunter project status either here or at PM.)

Anyway, great to see you back in the Atlas. Lots of stuff has happened here. Keep an eye out for a playable DKC4 demo by Leo and Hiperkalango coming soon.

Nice running animation demo of Kiddy, Cosmic.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Cyclone » February 23rd, 2016, 1:36 am

Looking awesome Cosmicman!

Welcome back!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 559

Postby Mad » February 23rd, 2016, 10:15 am

Looking great! Nice works you have shame about losing them. I don't know the circumstances but if you're being denied access to your files/ folders, like I was once with a new OS isntall, then you can claim ownership of said folder with a simple registry hack .exe which allows you to right click 'take ownership' rather than doing it the manual way through cmd.
Mad
Newcomer
Bananas received 7

Postby Jeffrey_Bones » February 23rd, 2016, 9:26 pm

Ha! I can do that too COSMICMAN
I"M JUST KIDDING MY STUFF SUCKS! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU HAVE RETURNED!!!!!! WELCOME BACK MAN I MISSED YOU! Now we have Cyclone and Cosmicman! I'm so happy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Trailblazer
Bananas received 104

Postby Phyreburnz » February 24th, 2016, 12:34 am

Welcome back, Cosmicman!!! :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cosmicman » February 24th, 2016, 4:05 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone ! :)

Video Viking , I remember working on some of your models but sadly those are in the locked hard drive, I will work on new ones soon but I have an ambitious DKC project I want to tackle first and you might be able to help, I will PM several board members in the upcoming days to see who is on board. :D

Thanks Cyclone ! :thumbs:

Mad, I lost my password to the portable hard drive, I'm not sure if its a corrupted password or if I input the wrong password since I haven't used it in so long.

Jeffrey_Bones What are you talking about, that looks awesome ! I'm really happy to be back too.

Thanks Phyreburnz, glad to see you and everyone else I remember are still on the forums, I can't wait to meet the new members too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby VideoViking » February 24th, 2016, 5:14 am

Cosmicman, in regards to your lost password, I've done some reading, and found that if you've lost your password, there is no way to get your files back. Theoretically, the only thing you can do is reclaim access to your hard drive using various particular backdoor programs, but there is a catch: these programs force re-format your hard drive from head to toe, meaning all files will be deleted. I'd strongly advised against taking this path for two reasons:

1) These programs void your warranty
2) Such programs don't always work

My recommendation, Cosmicman, would be to continue trying to find that backdoor password or remember the used one. If there were any capitals in it, or if you used any symbols, make sure to use the Shift key. I just hope you can reclaim access to your files.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 41

Postby Cosmicman » February 25th, 2016, 9:33 pm

VideoViking, I've tried everything I can, I'm using an Usb Western Digital Passport, when you connect it to the computer a program called Smartware pops up and the hard drive is invisible until you unlock it first using the password, so no data recovery programs work because they can't see the drive. I've done so much research and there are ways to get a master key but I don't have the knowledge to do so, seems like only super computer experts on that field have been able to crack it and they don't share specifics.

I wanted to post an update of Kiddy Kong 2.0, here is a 360 view, doesn't look like much at first sight but I have worked on a lot of details. This is a link to Photobucket, I didn't post the gifs like I did in my previous post because its a larger image file and I'm not sure if its against the rules or if it slows down the page.

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/hotchuck/media/preview1.gif.html

Closer look:

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/hotchuck/media/preview2.gif.html
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Previous

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks