The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Cody » September 13th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Well, he's still in the program (he gets out next February), but that's about right. :nicework:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby The Banana Bird » September 14th, 2012, 7:05 am

I tried to get back into it, but I jsut can't. I cannot get back into DKC, it's like I just got out of it! Im not coming on here again I think unless I get back into it. :dixiecry: Best of luck to everyone here! You guys are all doing an amazing job! I like the smileys that were made. Well, you guys are a really awesome bunch of guys I just want to get out there. Peace!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 14th, 2012, 10:33 am

The Banana Bird wrote:I tried to get back into it, but I jsut can't. I cannot get back into DKC, it's like I just got out of it!

In fact, I forced myself out of a "Left 4 Dead" phase so I could finally finish my Donkey Kong projects. And now? I've played Left 4 Dead 2 about 2 times since I switched interest phases.

Who knows? Maybe you still like DK or maybe you don't, no hard feelings. We respect your opinion. (unless of course you're a commie). What''ve you been focusing on nowadays?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Simion32 » September 16th, 2012, 5:11 am

>>> Stop the Corporate Death Star <<<
:angry: :evil: :angry: :angry: :rant:

You cannot put a monetary value on my life or anyone else's.
You cannot cut me off from
the information flow on the internet;
the clean water I need to sustain my life;
the clean air I need to breathe to sustain my life;
the wholesome food I need.

You cannot cut we THE PEOPLE off!

It is clear this "trade" agreement is skewed to put corporate profit above people's needs

You cannot create a new world order based on greed and corporate profit!

As a citizen of this planet, I do not give my permission!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cody » September 19th, 2012, 11:49 am

I found a wallet today at school just chillin' in the bathroom on top of the urinal. I looked inside to find a license, a military ID, a few credit cards and a lot of cash (I didn't count but there were plenty of 20s and 50s). I also stumbled upon a phone number that I promptly called. The guy answered, I let him know I found his wallet and we arranged a place to meet up at.

He was so thankful I returned it to him in one piece. I feel really good :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 19th, 2012, 12:38 pm

Good for you. :)

Yeah, you do NOT want to steal a serviceman's wallet.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Super Luigi! » September 19th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Once again, Cody has proved himself to be a true family man. Only this time, he was assisting another family man... who serves AMERICA!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » September 25th, 2012, 12:26 pm

What the hell is with the Backstreet Boys being popular again? I remember listening to them in the car with my mum and sister when I was little.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » September 25th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Our society has reverted back to the 80's, Phyreburnz, even though we both know that the Boys were 90's material. Anyhow, just look around you. The fashion sense, the cars, the 8-Bit games...

Katastrophe Kong hasn't posted his section of the story today... Something must be terribly wrong! Hold on buddy, I'm coming!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 25th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Don't worry, I'm fine :)

They promised to let me go if I told them where I hid the bo...ttles of soda.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Ninni973 » September 26th, 2012, 10:28 am

I opened up a website yesterday.

www.ninni973.webs.com
--------------------------------------
It has Wind Waker Z episodes, sprites, and even a forum!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Super Luigi! » September 26th, 2012, 3:28 pm

"Bottles of soda! Yes, bottles of soda. They're in the freezer."

Sometimes, I think Katastrophe Kong is either Stalin's grandson or a Communist because of his old avatar, and somehow, I've always imagined Mr. X looking like his current one.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » September 27th, 2012, 2:35 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:Yeah, you do NOT want to steal a serviceman's wallet.

I don't want to steal anyone's wallet personally. My first reaction wasn't "I can get away with this..."; it was "I need to find this person so they can get their wallet back." I can only imagine how devastating it would be to lose my wallet, why would I want anyone else to suffer?

What really made me happy was his reaction when I handed it to him in one piece. He basically said a variant of "Losing this would've cost me everything. I can't thank you enough. You're awesome bro, the world needs more people like you."

:thumbs: :nicework:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Geno » September 27th, 2012, 8:52 pm

In one day, my laptop broke, I got a new one, and I transferred all my stuff to the new one.

But it didn't transfer bookmarks, so I'm hopping around the internet to get them back.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Katastrophe Kong » September 28th, 2012, 8:44 am

Cody wrote:I don't want to steal anyone's wallet personally. My first reaction wasn't "I can get away with this..."; it was "I need to find this person so they can get their wallet back." I can only imagine how devastating it would be to lose my wallet, why would I want anyone else to suffer?

It was a joke, my bad. :|
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Markster » September 28th, 2012, 10:22 am

Bad news, my Windows is being a stupid, my perfectly legit Windows had an activation error, and my activation sticker has been ripped off (Never again will I use a used computer), so I am using Ubuntu 12.04 right now. (The only option to repair Windows is recovery but I got tons of important files.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 29th, 2012, 8:42 am

I got a comp for my birthday (which... actually isn't until the twelfth of next month) and all I'm missing at the moment is the internet card.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » September 29th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Does anybody know what happened to our signatures? I know I still have one written, but I haven't seen it or any other signatures in others' posts. By the way, congratulations Chibisai Kong on your new computer that you'll get and your future birthday! I'll be sure wish you a happy birthday!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Simion32 » September 29th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Signatures do not appear in posts (according to the DKC Atlas rules/regulations). They only appear in the user profiles.

Qyzbud could have been messing with settings which might have temporarily enabled them by accident, or it could have been a forum glitch. :scratch:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » September 30th, 2012, 2:55 am

Simion32 wrote:Qyzbud could have been messing with settings which might have temporarily enabled them by accident, or it could have been a forum glitch. :scratch:

No, I don't think so... signatures have never been visible on topics/posts as far as I know - not even momentarily. I do mess with settings now and then, and there are some bugs that I've yet to squash, but none of that is to do with signatures. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » September 30th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Alright then, thanks for clearing that up for me. I just had another random thought. Are we (the rest of the Atlas) supposed to think of you two (Simion32 and Qyzbud) as our gods, or at least something along those lines? For example, if Qyzbud were to make a post, whether in one of my topics or not, should I act like the colonists did with George Washington and stand up and clap for him? In this case, should I make a post praising Qyzbud's glory whenever he appears?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » September 30th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Yes, quite.

Simion is a Goderator (Global Moderator), and I'm the forum/site Godministrator.

:lol:

As the 'creator' of DKC Atlas, I suppose I could be seen in such a light, but for the most part I'd rather be considered 'a man of the people'.

That said, applause and posts of praise are always welcome. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » October 1st, 2012, 10:40 am

All hail Qyzbud, the greatest family man that ever lived! Thank you for founding this great nation in which we all reside and lavish you with our praise! And three cheers for Simion32, for he keeps the sacred order of the Atlas and sheds light on its magnificent existence with his powerful charisma and wonderful DKC RE/LB inventions! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! You two are such exceptionally intelligent individuals with so many brilliant attributes!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 1st, 2012, 1:11 pm

I second Super Luigi's motion(also, thanks SL).

Well, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. I feel like I have betrayed the DK fandom due to my recent TMNT-binge(the new show is AWESOME, I can't wait for next week's episode). But to show I am still a fan, I've done a few drawings recently of the guys.

In other news, my sister's cat is gone and I miss her now.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Cody » October 1st, 2012, 2:33 pm

Katastrophe Kong wrote:It was a joke, my bad. :|

I know :funky:

I just wanted to respond because it made my day. It really, really made me happy.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby lucoshi » October 2nd, 2012, 12:54 am

:headache: i need to learn how to hack the dkc trilogy.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 3rd, 2012, 12:23 pm

I should post this in the artwork topic but here is something I made for Qyzbud.

http://dklover101295.deviantart.com/art ... -330416272
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Qyzbud » October 4th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Really you should post it in the Birthday Topic! :lol:

Thanks, by the way. :D
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 5th, 2012, 8:55 am

You are very welcome, Qyzbud. :swanky:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Geno » October 7th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGgbFb3b ... ature=plcp

2 peices of CUSTOM DKC MUSIC!!! :dixiehappy:

No download links though :kiddysad: .
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Phyreburnz » October 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm

*EDIT*

I just sent a message to the youtuber that made the custom DKC music, inviting him to the forum. I really hope they share the music here!

He also has another DKC one.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » October 7th, 2012, 2:45 pm

You know, I feel as if I haven't shown Qyzbud enough birthday support. Hmmm, what to do... :scratch: I can't exactly bake him a cake or serve him some ice cream. My only gift to Qyzbud is that I sign on everyday and try to bring activity and happiness to his Atlas. Of course, with great activity comes great responsibility in checking posts, so maybe I'm not doing him a favor after all... Qyzbud, if you're reading this, what must I do to give your (belated) birthday the glory and honor that it deserves? Please tell me, so that I may do my duty as one of your disciples.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Qyzbud » October 7th, 2012, 9:17 pm

You do plenty, you goof. :P
If you continue to greet our new members, that is more than enough! :thumbs:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 8th, 2012, 3:08 am

Awwww. :D That was a sweet moment between you two.

Anyone else getting cold (or warm) where they live?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » October 8th, 2012, 1:23 pm

I might as well live on DK Island, Chibisai Kong. The weather here can change with surprising celerity and, even though it's October, it's still warm.

Master Qyzbud, I have received your instructions and shall continue to do my duty as an DKC Atlas member, for it is a duty filled with HONAH (honor)!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 8th, 2012, 2:29 pm

Chibisai Kong wrote:Awwww. :D That was a sweet moment between you two.

Anyone else getting cold (or warm) where they live?

It's getting warm where Qyzzy and I live :)

Time for ice cream! :shock:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 9th, 2012, 3:17 am

Cody wrote:I found a wallet today at school just chillin' in the bathroom on top of the urinal. I looked inside to find a license, a military ID, a few credit cards and a lot of cash (I didn't count but there were plenty of 20s and 50s). I also stumbled upon a phone number that I promptly called. The guy answered, I let him know I found his wallet and we arranged a place to meet up at.

He was so thankful I returned it to him in one piece. I feel really good :D

Well, that was good of you. If it was me I mighta took a twenty or something and then gave it back (turtle's gotta eat!) I did work in a school library last year and found a $20 bill in a copy of The Hunger Games someone returned. It was a really hot girl who returned it too. She left before I noticed so I kept the bill and a few days later she had a fine to pay and was digging around in her pocket for change, she must have noticed she had lost the money. I never told her though.

But on second thought, there IS the possibility that it wasn't hers to begin with. Anyway, I'm a bad person.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » October 9th, 2012, 7:51 am

I guess the smooth move there would have been to bail her out for the fine; that way you're still in the money (the fee was what - a couple of bucks, maybe?), AND you look and feel like quite the gentleturtle. ;)

geno wrote:Hey, what do you guys think of my custom Minecraft skin?

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/bleak-from-donkey-kong-country-3/

I've never played Minecraft, but that's pretty cool! :dixiehappy:
Looks like he's lost a bit of weight; maybe Bleak's been on an all-snow diet since DKC3. :lol:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Super Luigi! » October 9th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Two words geno, BOSS FIGHT! Well, considering you can throw snowballs in that game, you and two friends might actually be able to recreate the battle.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 9th, 2012, 3:02 pm

My older brother loves Minecraft. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Geno » October 10th, 2012, 11:28 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Two words geno, BOSS FIGHT! Well, considering you can throw snowballs in that game, you and two friends might actually be able to recreate the battle.

hee hee...

Oh, and Qyzbud, I made Bleak as fat as I could, as the Minecraft player model doesn't allow for really 'fat' characters.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Super Luigi! » October 11th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Anyone think that I talk to Mrs. Qyzbud too much? She's just so conversational, because she contains valuable information and poses such interesting questions.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » October 11th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Okay, I'm willing to bet that nobody on here has used a film camera in a long time... but just in case any of you take a photography class and you don't have enough money for an expensive digital camera and you end up, like me, using a vintage 70s/80s camera that was your parent's... DO NOT take crap from the person/business or whatever where you get the film developed. I've been jerked around so much from CVS pharmacy because almost nobody knew what they were doing, I'm pretty sure I was lied to a few times, I was blatantly ignored, and I've had technical difficulties that were no fault of my own or the workers at CVS.

Here are some pointers of how to not get jerked around:

1. Don't waste your money on cds. Get an SD card, flash drive, or portable hard drive. They can scan the film into a computer and then put the images onto either a cd, flash drive, portable hard drive, or sd card, depending on what the machine is capable of. This is soooooooooo much cheaper. And if it looks like they have the ability to do that, but they tell you they can't, call customer service. DO NOT take their word for it. Call customer service, and they'll do their best to help you out.

2. And, it will probably be a college class, so every time you get film developed, always ask about a student discount, if they offer it. I've had to ask a few times about the student discount, even though I've been getting a bunch of film developed and they KNEW I was taking a photography class.

3. If there are technical difficulties, see if you can get discounts or free film (if a roll gets eaten by a machine). Make sure you ask if they don't say anything about discounts, refunds, or free film.

I know... there's probably nobody on here that wants to take a photography class, but just in case... I've had to take so much crap from people and it's ridiculous.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » October 11th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Thank you for such valuable information, Phyreburnz. The next time I need to develop pictures, I will remember your words of wisdom and return to this topic. Indubitably so.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 11th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Anyone think that I talk to Mrs. Qyzbud too much? She's just so conversational, because she contains valuable information and poses such interesting questions.

Haha why did you bring me back into this??
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby MrsQyzbud » October 12th, 2012, 11:42 am

Qyzbud!! They're making fun of me!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 20

Postby Chibisai Kong » October 12th, 2012, 12:18 pm

No, we're not making fun of you. *hugs* It's our way of showing we are a family. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » October 12th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Yes, Chibisai Kong speaks the truth. "Now, let's go play together. Together, under the clearest of blue skies!"
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes