The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 5th, 2012, 3:41 am

Well, Simion, within reason, parents do have a certain degree of control over their children if they haven't come of age, and even if they have (like me) I still live with my dad and I do owe something to him cuz it's like I'm living here for free now. It's ironic because I kinda hate my father and he makes really bad decisions but I'm still stuck here for now.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 5th, 2012, 3:44 am

I'll be 18 on October 12 of next year.

And its none of my business but why do you hate your dad?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Ninni973 » July 7th, 2012, 4:58 am

Episode 6 of Wind Waker Z is done.

Video
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Phyreburnz » July 8th, 2012, 2:40 am

Bleh! It's sooooo hot here! I don't know when I'm going to get a chance to do what I have to get done. I'm going to be painting a mural on the side of my dad's buddy's restaurant, but it's sooooooo hot... I need to get started soon, because I'm going to be far away when college starts...

By the way, the mural will be a scene of Venice and it will be on a 40 foot long wall that's 8 feet tall. Lots of work will be required to complete this massive project.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » July 8th, 2012, 9:51 am

Sounds like a tough job, its hot in Long Island too. We have a heat wave or something.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 8th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Good luck on your mural, Phyre! And don't worry, it's pretty hot here too. Hope it cools down there.

So, I figure I should say this before it's too late. Tomorrow I leave for camp.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » July 11th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Chibisai Kong in the jungle. Prepare, ladies and gentlemen, for an upcoming.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 12th, 2012, 9:21 am

Chibisai Kong wrote:And its none of my business but why do you hate your dad?

I assume you're talking to me, so, basically he's just a terrible person. There's no way I can really explain it. He got married to this completely random woman a couple months ago and it's been hell at that house ever since... but as of last Friday I no longer live there. I'm alternating between staying at my mom's and grandparents' houses, which kind of sucks but I should be getting a job at Walmart soon. Hopefully. Not that I'm too excited about it.

The only reason I worry about not living there anymore is because I still have four little brothers there... and most of my stuff, ha. Oh well.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » July 15th, 2012, 4:01 am

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on much! I promise I'll be on more when I get this wall done! I got my good buddy from high school, Ashley, to help me out all day yesterday and the night before that. She's going to be on vacation, so I'm probably on my own for the rest of the wall... like I was the first two days. Sucks being alone all day, but I want to get it done! Just hope the heat/humidity hold off long enough to get it finished!

I'll be on after work to post some pictures for you guys to see! I'll post them here, since more people frequent this thread, rather than the non-DKC related artwork. For some reason, on this computer, Facebook isn't working on Firefox, but it is on Internet Explorer. I can't right click and view image to copy the link in Explorer because it sucks, so I'll have to wait to get home, I think.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 15th, 2012, 5:27 am

Hey everyone! Been a while. Nice to see you guys still around O_o

Anyway, recently I got into the game Team Fortress 2. It's a free game and a lot of fun, if anyone else plays we should add each other!

Good luck with that wall, Phyre!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » July 15th, 2012, 7:49 am

I'M BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » July 15th, 2012, 9:52 am

As promised! Sorry it took so long! I came home from work and went to take a nap.

Now I have to wait for the weather... again! It's going to be very hot and humid for a while.

*EDITED* Images are now in the Non-DKC related artwork thread!

And thanks, Qyzbud! Everybody has loved it so far! :mrgreen:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » July 15th, 2012, 12:58 pm

Previous note:
Spoiler!
Wow, those archways are incredible! Beautifully painted, and a great idea, too. :D

You know, having artwork of this quality posted in the Non-DKC related artwork topic every so often would probably encourage more people to look at that topic. Might I suggest posting this again in that topic, then editing your post here so that it links to the new post (perhaps use a thumbnail or text link in your above post, rather than having the full photos on show in this 'random thoughts' topic) that will encourage more viewers AND keep things more organised! :D

EDIT: Thanks, that's great. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » July 19th, 2012, 3:27 pm

My DKL2 is in extremely poor condition yet still holds my save file from 2004. Strange.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Gaz » July 20th, 2012, 1:41 am

I liek food (random topic, random thought).
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Ninni973 » July 21st, 2012, 4:06 am

Episode 7 of Wind Waker Z is done.

Video
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby HavocReaper48 » July 25th, 2012, 12:47 pm

So, did anyone else grab the new Linkin Park album, Living Things? I thought it was alright, not as good as Minutes to Midnight or Meteora but definately an improvement over whatever you want to say A Thousand Suns was supposed to be.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Ninni973 » August 3rd, 2012, 11:08 pm

Episode 8 of Wind Waker Z is done.

Video
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Markster » August 9th, 2012, 2:28 am

The past week has been cool, like Funky Kong, :funky: I've been having a great week.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Axis » August 9th, 2012, 2:59 am

Not so off topic to the main theme but I'm about to start tweaking 1-4 in my new DKC2 hack Kongtraband. I call the level: Glimmer was here.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Ninni973 » August 11th, 2012, 12:51 am

Tomorrow, I'm going on vacation for a week. So while I'm away, here's Episode 9 of Wind Waker Z.
Video
-----------------------
Sorry for the bad video quality.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Phyreburnz » August 12th, 2012, 1:49 am

I'm in the front page of my local paper for my painting! :D I haven't picked up the newspaper, yet, but when I do, I'll take a picture and post it! :thumbs:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby BlueTronic » August 12th, 2012, 2:06 am

Ermagerd!! Donkey Kong smilies!! :thumbs:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » August 12th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Kong-Fu, where the heck have you been all this time? :rant:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Cody » August 15th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Kong-Fu, I actually just clicked on your profile (and your YouTube) the other day wondering where you'd ran off to. Good to see you back.

:nicework:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Phyreburnz » August 15th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Somebody dropped off four kitties by my house. I put them in my car and took them home because I didn't want somebody to hit them. They're young, but not kittens. I thought they were raccoons at first. Hopefully somebody wants to take them. I'd rather not have to drop them off at Action for Animals.

Spoiler!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 15th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Awwww, kitties! That's ironic because my older sister just dropped off her cat Ninka because she and her boyfriend are moving in togeter and they have to put down a pet deposit first.

Anyway here are some pics of my little Dinky-doo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » August 18th, 2012, 1:19 pm

I'm feeling pretty relieved right now! I finished painting the wall at my dad's buddy's restaurant and I made cake toppers for my brother's wedding. I was making lady finger cookies today (usually a 2 day process, the dough has to chill over night), and the first bit of dough turned out perfectly; the cookies turned out wonderfully. Then... the next bit of dough (you have to work the dough in several pieces, because it's a lot and I did a double batch) was all bubbly and the cookies turned out all lumpy :( The third bit of dough was better than the second, but still not as good as the first. Last time I made these cookies, I effed up the icing and ended up throwing away two batches of icing over a dumb mistake... well, more a mistake from the recipe, not me... So, I'm going to bake more tomorrow...

Sorry for the stupid cookie rant... It's just so frustrating.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Gaz » August 18th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Those kitties are so cute. I wuv kittens :swanky: .
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 23rd, 2012, 12:27 am

Remember how I said my sister dropped her cat off here? Well apparently until she leaves I'm Ninka's replacement Katherine. My sis explained that since we're siblings we have the same base scent so she prefers me if I'm available. I still don't get it but at least Ninka loves to cuddle(she'll freaking dominate my lap!). I think Dink is getting a little jelly though the pure thought of the cat making the troll face and asking, "U mad bro?" is enough to send me into laughing hysterics.

Alos, I'm cold so I stole my brother's letterman jacket.

On a much sadder note, a little boy from Smith County went missing yesterday and was found some time after midnight this morning. I feel really sorry for his family and my heart goes out to them.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 23rd, 2012, 11:02 am

Jomingo wrote:I sometimes wish I were a turtle.

I hate Hillary Clinton with a passion.

Green is my favorite color.

I love this smilie: :evil:

I love this! :nicework:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 25th, 2012, 6:23 am

The damn cat ran out again!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » August 25th, 2012, 10:02 am

I'm all moved in at college... This is my first time living away from home... I'm not sure how it will go. If everything goes as I think it will, I'll have two years living on campus... I'm really worried, though, about my boyfriend and being away from him for so long... He works so much and he's always stressed out...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 26th, 2012, 6:57 am

It's hard to believe Neil Armstrong died today. :dixiecry: Godspeed and rest in peace, Neil.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 27th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Now that's a darn shame. You know, I feel like Rip Van Winkle. I'm gone for a month and 11 days, and suddenly: the forums look futuristic, leo_core is working on Tiny's Adventure, :swanky: we have DKC Smilies (and Frownies), and I almost feel lost. :scratch: Plus, all of you are still here and have thrived without my playing the Simian Fool. In fact, nobody even mentioned me since I was last here (And now I know how Cranky feels)! :rant: Simion32, you should be proud of your fellow (DK)Country men and women! Their loyalty to you (and Qyzbud) is unmatched! Bravo, Simion32, bravo! :thumbs:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 27th, 2012, 2:28 pm

ERMAGERD SUPER WEERGEER! YOU IZ BACK!

I was actually about to put in this post, "You know who I miss? My bud Super Luigi! ♥"

You were in my thoughts this entire time, babe. :) I missed you.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Super Luigi! » August 29th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Well, I suppose that is rather touching. And no, I didn't expect the forums to, pardon the expression, go bananas without me here to provide comic relief. Although, Phyreburnz seems to have reverted back to her old look... but that's neither here nor there.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » August 31st, 2012, 1:46 pm

Yeah, I missed having Fang as my avatar! So, I brought him back. By the way, I'm also glad to see you back, Super Luigi!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ninni973 » September 1st, 2012, 2:05 am

Episode 10 of Wind Waker Z is done.

-----------------------------
Season 1 complete! :thumbs: Stay tuned for Season 2!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Geno » September 1st, 2012, 6:13 am

Guess what?
I got a GBA SP today!
And guess what game the guy at the store used to test it?
DKC2! B/

I also saw the DK64 Kiosk Demo in the store. for $300! :kiddysad:

OK, bye, I gotta get back to playing DKLIII!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » September 1st, 2012, 7:51 am

Wait, which store did you see the DK64 Kiosk?
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Geno » September 2nd, 2012, 9:40 pm

err, 1UP Games, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Wait, telling you the store, you might go and get it...
Nononono! I want it!
BUUUT, I don't have $300. :kiddysad:

It's funny, though, they had a normal DK64 game for $20.

Funny how the fact that it's a demo made a month or two before the game came out, makes it $280 more expensive.

(But I'm the store's best customer (according to the guy who owns it), and I sometimes get special discounts...)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Cody » September 6th, 2012, 7:18 am

Phyreburnz, if it's not too personal, how's your brother doing since it's been about 7 months since the whole shenanigans happened?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Phyreburnz » September 7th, 2012, 9:09 am

Thanks for your concern, Cody. My brother is off of house arrest, now. I'm really hoping he'll be alright. He's seemed much more, I guess, normal, now, than he's been in a very long time. It's a lot easier to talk to him, now.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » September 10th, 2012, 2:52 pm

So what you're saying is, and I mean no offense when I do this, your brother was like this: :angry: But after this: :headache: :rant: , he's now this: :thumbs:

Am I receiving and interpreting this information correctly? Because right now, I'm look like this and that, and I don't want you to do this: :dixiecry: , because you think I'm some inconsiderate jerk who doesn't care about you or your family, "'cause that just ain't cool, man!"
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Cody » September 12th, 2012, 2:43 am

Hmm. I have a feeling everything'll be fine regarding your brother.

My brother Brandon's been in this Rehab program for 7 months.

It's not "Rehab" in the traditional sense: he's in a program called Teen Challenge (not necessarily for Teens...there are lots of people approaching even 30 in the program) up in Oakland. It doesn't cost any money--the people going through it basically work off their debts by doing jobs and sticking by strict guidelines: as one example, you have to be up, clean-shaven, bed made, etc. at 5:30 every morning. I know off-hand he's been at baseball games as the people who do the tickets (can't recall the actual name) as well as moving things, painting, in general being active.

Compared to how he was in February, there's been an absolute 180° turn. Now he's doing absolutely fabulous. He's given up all the drugs and cigarettes (gaining around 30 pounds of muscle in the process) and in general he's happier, healthier and more optimistic about his future. I'm someone who basically stood true to "I'll believe it when I see it, and even then I probably won't believe it". Now though? There's no doubt in my mind that he's the same Brandon I grew up with: that is, a good-spirited genius with absolutely incredible talents.

I'm not the only one who sees it that way either. Our other brother Zach held this firm opinion of him. "He isn't my brother after all the crap he did. I don't think rehab's going to work, he's hopeless." But back in June when Brandon was on his 24 hour pass (we got to take him home for a day), Zach's opinion of him changed. As Brandon had to leave, Zach actually gave him a hug and said "I love you Brandon." First time I've ever heard Zach say anything remotely similar. It almost brought a tear to my eye honestly.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Chibisai Kong » September 12th, 2012, 10:42 am

OH MY GOSH THEY ARE MAKING A NEW TMNT SERIES I REALIZE I SHOULD ONLY DO THIS CAPS LOCK THINGS IF IT PERTAINED TO DONKEY KONG BUT OMG I LOVED TMNT AND I PROBABLY STILL HAVE THE TOYS TO PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Gaz » September 12th, 2012, 11:18 am

geno wrote:err, 1UP Games, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Wait, telling you the store, you might go and get it...
Nononono! I want it!
BUUUT, I don't have $300. :kiddysad:

It's funny, though, they had a normal DK64 game for $20.

Funny how the fact that it's a demo made a month or two before the game came out, makes it $280 more expensive.

(But I'm the store's best customer (according to the guy who owns it), and I sometimes get special discounts...)

You can reserve it if possible.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Super Luigi! » September 13th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Cody, when I paired your epic speech with American music, it was truly inspiring. Even without the music, I was in awe. So, from what I've seen and heard from you, is that your brother Brandon, after the rehab, went home to become a family man. Am I correct?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes