DKC GBC Instruction Book shenanigans

Talk about the Donkey Kong Country ports for GBC and GBA.

DKC GBC Instruction Book shenanigans

Postby Geno » August 16th, 2012, 6:38 am

Since I got DKC GBC, I've been waiting to post this.
Some odd facts about the DKC GBC instruction book.
1. On page 4, there's an image of a beta title screen!
IMAGE!
Spoiler!

2. On page 5, there's an image of the first half of Kongo Jungle. But the player is not in the Jet Barrel, and the "Go Back to World Map" arrow is still there!
3. On page 19, the book tells you about Crosshair Cranky. And on page 21, it tells you about Crosshair Cranky AGAIN!

(I'll take images of the 2nd and 3rd oddities if enough people want to see them.)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Re: DKC GBC Instruction Book shenanigans

Postby Gaz » August 18th, 2012, 12:43 pm

WHOA! The beta title screen is a reminiscent of the original DKC! I recall something similar in the NA/EU/AUS Back box of DKC3 SNES... Also, does you has pictures for DKC GBC? (P.S. I LUV U 4 ZIS). Also, the European and Japanese (need the NA, as I have the European DKC GBC) doesn't have that beta screen oddity :|.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Re: DKC GBC Instruction Book shenanigans

Postby Gaz » October 19th, 2012, 7:55 am

Semi-bump. Whoever wants a higher quality version of the manual scan (not just page four) can find it here;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0juw8oeu0 ... l_(600_dpi).zip (WARNING: It's 165 MB!)

By the way, the error you mentioned on page 5, it's not an error. It's a beta screen. In that version, it appears DK/Diddy could've left the world map at anytime. Compare the arrows;
Beta Hijinxs.png
A beta shot of DKC for the Game Boy Color.
Donkey Kong Country (US).png
Retail.
Donkey Kong Country (US).png (6.08 KiB) Viewed 9037 times

And here's a higher quality version of the SNES beta screen reminiscent. Blaziken257 might be interested in this...
NintendoGameboyColorDonkeyKongCountry-004.png
DKC Beta Screen (Designed to look like the SNES version).

Qyzbud

geno
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Return to DKC Ports (GBC, GBA)