What can you spot in the DKC trilogy's scenery?

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: What can you spot in the DKC trilogy's scenery?

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2012, 6:04 am

I never did upload the picture I was talking about, so I am now. I know it's probably just a coincidence, but maybe not? Look at the x in the treasure chest, then look at the patch from DKC3 right beside it. They look similar to me.
dkc x copy.png
dkc x copy.png (82.42 KiB) Viewed 148455 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » January 7th, 2012, 12:12 pm

I think it's pure coincidence, Phyreburnz... I mean, that 'x' is an animated 'sparkle' in the treasure (just like the graphic that appears by a member's avatar here when they're online), so it only looks like that in one frame of the animation. Sparkles are typically depicted in such a way, and patches often look like two bandaids crossing over... so yeah, I doubt there's anything to this. The shape is similar, though. :lol:

As for your observations, Mayo:

Mayo wrote:
Spoiler!
At the very bottom, is that the sail belonging to the Gangplank Galleon? It looks like it belongs to a ship of some sort, but the ship normally is positioned in the far background in the finsihed version in the SNES, unless this is a beta picture.

I've long wondered about this strange shape myself! Your suggestion is a good one, but I'm pretty sure it's not K. Rool's ship. As you finish each world, the Gangplank Galleon can be seen getting closer and closer to DK Island, in the top left corner... but the mystery shape stays in place. And no, this isn't a beta picture; it's all as it appears in the final game.

I'd love to hear any other theories as to what this sail-like shape might be.

Mayo wrote:
Spoiler!
Looking at those flasks, they have some purple and light blue contents in them. Maybe the same stuff K. Rool uses? Did he learn to make potions at the Kong Kollege? Sounds reasonable after all, the Kaptain is a student of Wrinkly's.

Great theory! Or perhaps Wrinkly collected samples of the Kaptain's chemicals to study their properties? Perhaps in an attempt to develop immunities to their effects for Diddy and Dixie? Either way, it's a fascinating concept. :)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I mean, that 'x' is an animated 'sparkle' in the treasure

I'm not talking about the sparkles. I'm talking about the big yellow x in to the immediate left of the patch I've photoshopped in.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » January 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Ohhhh, my mistake. But yes, as you already suggested; I'd say it's just two bananas. ;)

Edit: also, sorry - your observations and attention to detail are generally spot-on; I should have triple checked before I assumed you meant the sparkle - which any DKC2 fan would recognise as an animated element, and an obvious coincidence. My bad!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2012, 12:21 pm

I don't think it's two bananas. Look at the sizes of the other ones. They're much smaller, and it doesn't look like a perspective thing, either. They look about the same distance to the viewer.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » January 7th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Hmm, good point... and the object(s) in question are a different shade of yellow - more of an actual yellow rather than gold - than the rest of the treasure... so that's interesting. There's a higher quality version of this image around somewhere, yes? We should take a look at that. I'm on a very limited connection at the moment, and my DKC media collection isn't on this computer, but I'll see if I can find it.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Howabout this one?
tumblr_lfc2qlZ9tV1qfozlmo1_500.gif
tumblr_lfc2qlZ9tV1qfozlmo1_500.gif (417.48 KiB) Viewed 148446 times

Look down below the treasure chest. There are closer bananas, and they are still smaller than the x.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Qyzbud » January 7th, 2012, 12:42 pm

I was thinking more of a scan of the original render - that's just a resampled, animated 'rip' of the in-game graphic/effects. Still good, but no better than looking at the game's title screen. Your points regarding banana size, etc. stand true, but I'd love to check out the original, non 16-bit render...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Phyreburnz » January 7th, 2012, 12:47 pm

I hope you can find the original. I'd also love to see it if you can find one. I don't know how to go about doing that, though.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 7th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Is that Screech to the left of Kannon in the picture? And one of the islands in the back look like DKs head, DK island? The Zinger above the title is pretty unoticable too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » January 8th, 2012, 5:01 pm

I kinda hate me for thinking this, and I'm sure I'm wrong... but the object is in an x shape... Mr. X reference, maybe?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 11th, 2012, 7:37 am

All I see is the X you are talking about, a krem coin, bananas, Rares logo and a Hero Coin in the treasure chest.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Crammalamma » January 27th, 2012, 9:21 am

The steel container in the Kong Kollege looks like a bucket in the game's graphics, too.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby Master clyde super » January 27th, 2012, 1:57 pm

LOL, random Zinger at the top. Doesn't look natural, does it?
Also, some person from another country posted earlier, why is it that no one replied?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Tailikku » February 3rd, 2012, 12:18 am

I can see something that looks like Junior the Klap-Trap from the TV series. He's right next to what appears to be a sword from behind Kruncha. Likewise, i can also spot Klomp
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Mattrizzle » February 3rd, 2012, 2:39 am

That's Kutlass. The Japanese version's title logo doesn't obscure his hat, so it's easier to tell:
sdk2_title.png
sdk2_title.png (44.6 KiB) Viewed 148307 times
Also, the Gangplank Galleon can be seen in the background.

That reminds me: Qyzbud found a higher resolution, earlier version of the image a while back. From this image, it can be seen that the yellow X that Phyreburnz mentioned really is just a pair of bananas (look below the E in "QUEST").
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Tailikku » February 9th, 2012, 12:11 am

Davias just ripped the Game Over Screen from the game, and I can see a Neek right next to Diddy's foot.

Likewise, Tonberry2K3 also ripped the background for Funky's Flights and if you look closely, one can find his surfboard and his plane from the original game.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby DKCplayer » April 15th, 2012, 6:42 pm

While this isn't actually in the game's scenery, the DKC2 game art of Wrinkly has some humorous decipherable text on her book.
I put it in a spoiler due to size.
Spoiler!

Click this spoiler to see the deciphered text and guesswork of unseen words.
Spoiler!
Page 1
Diddy's Kong Quest.
This is the best game
in the world.

Look out for more
games from
RARE

Page 2
??mmy's Worm Pie
1. Take one ugly worm
2. Squash it underfoot
3. Half bake in oven
4. Add groovy gravy

(Don't expect to sell
many, as worms are
very unpopular.)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Tailikku » April 25th, 2012, 11:03 am

Looking at Gang-Plank Galleon in the first game, not only does one notice the final Giant Banana but a few peels, some shovels, three cannons, and a bucket.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Gaz » June 8th, 2012, 10:52 am

Something impressive;

Spoiler!
DKC3 GBA's credits take place in DK's treehouse :O.

Screenshot for proof (background included);
Donkey Kong Country 3 (USA, Australia).png
Screenshot of the credits in DKC3
Donkey Kong Country 3 (USA, Australia).png (14 KiB) Viewed 147912 times

Donkey Kong Country 3 (USA, Australia)_01.png
DKC3 GBA Credits background
Donkey Kong Country 3 (USA, Australia)_01.png (13.63 KiB) Viewed 147912 times

Wow! DK's Treehouse is a lot neater than it was in DKC (GBA). Also, a tyre swing can be seen in the house, the shelves are included and the bed style has changed. Impressive...
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 31st, 2012, 3:32 pm

This is just a repost of what I posted earlier in this topic, but now I bring pictures!
In-game in Monkey Museum, we see that Winky is in the glass exhibit.
But inside the Manual, in the section introducing all the Helpers, we can see that Engaurde is in the glass exhibit just behind Cranky.
Perhaps during the earliest builds of the game, neither Winky NOR Engaurde were supposed to be in the sequel. Perhaps they had some other Animal Buddy in mind for the water levels. Maybe Glimmer was supposed to play a larger role than just ONE level.

EDIT: I just noticed something else. In the Japanese release of Donkey KongCountry 2, the window of the door on the left hand side of the 'Flying Crock's cockpit in the "K. Rool Duel' battle is broken. However, in the North American release, the window is untouched.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Steel kegs in DKC2, you thought wrong

Postby Axis » August 10th, 2012, 7:08 am

Steel kegs in DKC2, you thought wrong
So hard to the naked eye.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest_00002.jpg
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest_00002.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 147795 times

Dixie says they are just too heavy.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » August 10th, 2012, 9:31 am

Ha ha ha...

I've merged this cheeky topic into one where it actually belongs. :P

Also, just thought I'd make mention that the comparison of the regional changes in K. Rool's airship (broken door/controller button colours) was posted waaaaay back near the start of this topic. Just sayin'. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Markster » August 10th, 2012, 10:17 am

Lol, maybe in the beta version of DKC2, there where going to be Steel Kegs.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Axis » August 10th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Thanks Qyz, I actually read this topic a few days ago and forgot about it.

Look KK, you forgot something more epic in your last picture showing the Flying Krock interior. Look and you will be surprised!

ugliz.png
ugliz.png (105.24 KiB) Viewed 147771 times

K. ROOL TOOK THE KEGS!!
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Postby Crammalamma » November 26th, 2012, 9:51 am

I don't think you last three guys get the joke...
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby Qyzbud » November 26th, 2012, 3:55 pm

Well that was a bit of a pointless bump. :lol:

Which joke is this? If you mean Axis' post about the steel kegs, well, I know that I got the joke... I just figured the joke belonged within this topic. If you're talking about another joke, then never mind. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Geno » February 11th, 2013, 1:13 pm

BUMP!
I just noticed, Funky Kong's Surfboard says "Surf Nintendo" on it :funky:
Spoiler!

Well even though this isn't scenery, this is really the only place this post belongs
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 25th, 2013, 4:42 pm

I noticed another menial difference!

Okay, in the Donkey Kong Country 2 instruction manual you see the render for Kong Kollege:
You can see that written on the chalkboard is:
SUMS
2x4=8
5x1=6
3x3=9
Only one of which is wrong.

However, in-game, there is something different written on the chalkboard:
EXAM
9÷3=6
8x1=9
4+2=5
All of which are wrong.

This was probably done to make the Kremlings seem more stupid.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » December 26th, 2013, 4:13 am

Great find! You didn't list Donkey Kong Land 2 or Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA's chalkboards, though. I'll go ahead and list them (I might just examine through their regional versions, because I'm deep into examining games). :P

Donkey Kong Land 2
Spoiler!
Capture.PNG
From DKL2 manual
Capture.PNG (452.34 KiB) Viewed 146667 times

Donkey Kong Land 2's manual has the same render from DKC2 SNES's manual, albeit monochrome. It probably is a lazy copypaste from DKC2 SNES's manual. More information is on this topic: http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=857.

As for the game itself, the American and Japanese versions both have the same math questions on the chalkboard (which is to be expected). Pictures:
Donkey Kong Land 2 (UE) [S][!]_01.png
Donkey Kong Land 2 (UE) [S][!]_01.png (2 KiB) Viewed 146667 times
Donkey Kong GB 2 (Japan)_02.png
Donkey Kong GB 2 (Japan)_02.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 146667 times

The questions on the chalkboard are quite hard to see, and they have not been answered yet, unlike DKC2 SNES and the Kong Kollege render. The first question seems to say "2 + 4", while the second one seems to ask "5 + 4", and the third and final one doesn't seem to be a question but just random scribbles on the board... Did a Kremling get frustrated trying to answer a question? :scratch:

Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA
Note: I could not find a picture or render of Kong Kollege in the game's American and European manuals. The math questions are the same in each world and regional version.

Donkey Kong Country 2 (USA, Australia)_02.png
Kong Kollege in the GBA version.
Donkey Kong Country 2 (USA, Australia)_02.png (15.14 KiB) Viewed 146667 times

Wow... these questions seem to be loosely based on the questions from the Kong Kollege render. Except, like the Super Nintendo version, all the questions are still incorrect:

The first question states "2 x 8 = 4". If the eight and four swapped places, the answer would have been correct. The render equivalent is "2 x 4 = 8", which is correct (you all probably knew that). The second question states "5 - 1 = 6", which would have been correct if it was an addition problem, rather than a subtraction one. The render states "5 x 1 = 6", which, as Katastrophe Kong mentioned, is the only incorrectly answered math question within the official render. The third and final one states "3 + 5 = 9", which would have been correct if another number wasn't added. Simply, nine should be eight. The render says "3 x 3 = 9", which, obviously, is correct. When comparing, DKC2 GBA has changed the question to an addition one and the second three to a five.

Conclusion
To wrap this up, I shall list my final observation: DKC2 SNES's chalkboard headline says "EXAM", while Donkey Kong Land 2, the area's official render, and Donkey Kong Country 2 (Game Boy Advance) all have the headline "SUMS". I enjoyed further pushing KK's observation, and thanks for reading, everyone. :)
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 26th, 2013, 4:20 am

Dang. They really put some thought into that chalkboard.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » December 26th, 2013, 6:14 am

Katastrophe Kong wrote:Dang. They really put some thought into that chalkboard.

What do you mean? All it takes is writing a few incorrect math problems. :P Do you mean I did? I'm just trying to fully grasp the concept here.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 26th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Gaz wrote:What do you mean?...

I meant they changed it sooo many times between ports and builds when it's just a background element. They could've been devoting their time to something more important like drinking tea or practicing imperialism or whatever it is that British people do in their spare time.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Gaz » December 27th, 2013, 1:22 pm

Wait, Katastrophe Kong. Do you see that doodle of a stick figure jumping over a car? That drawing is not in Donkey Kong Land 2.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Katastrophe Kong » December 27th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Gaz wrote:Do you see that doodle of a stick figure jumping over a car? That drawing is not in Donkey Kong Land 2.

Nothing is in Donkey Kong Land 2.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby the_kong_br » June 18th, 2014, 8:53 am

I translated some of you posts, adapted for the Portuguese, to post on a Brazilliam Retro Game Forum, which I belong.

PS: forgive me for the bad english
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby Geno » July 18th, 2014, 3:01 am

I'm gonna resurrect this topic because I just found something.

I was looking through my Project 64 screenshots folder, when I came across this silly image I made of Chunky in Cranky's Lab.

Spoiler!

There seems to be a book in the corner. I'm pretty sure you can't actually see it in-game normally.
Spoiler!

I just went to take a closer look at it, and it reads "Monkey Book of Science By M. Nuts"
okay then :nicework:
Spoiler!

There's also this weird glowy red and purple thing above where Cranky stands.
Spoiler!

And a bunch of books above that electrical device thing. Which, by the way, is attached to a giant brain! I'm pretty sure that's not visible normally either!

I'll go look at Funky's Armoury and Candy's Music Shop later.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Gaz » July 18th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Wait, how did you freely move around Cranky's Lab to find that hidden book? And that Chunky picture is just silly! :lol: I personally think that book was a developer's joke.
Gaz
Taster of Pork
Bananas received 47

Postby Geno » July 19th, 2014, 2:28 am

Sorry, I forgot to post the code I used!

It's a level warp modifier
817444E6 ????

You can replace the ???? with any of the following to go anywhere
(Yes, it's huge. I had to look at each of the values myself too!)
Spoiler!
0000 Test Area
0001 Funky's Armoury
0002 DK Arcade
0003 Lanky's Hideout Helm Maze
0004 Jungle Japes Mine
0005 Cranky's Potion Shop
0006 Minecart (Jungle Japes)
0007 Jungle Japes
0008 Army Dillo
0009 Jetpac
000A Kremling Kosh 1
000B Stealthy Snoop 1
000C Inside Shell (Jungle Japes)
000D DK Isle picture room (Jungle Japes)
000E Beetle Race (Angry Aztec)
000F Snide's HQ
0010 Temple where Tiny Kong is (Angry Aztec)
0011 Hideout Helm
0012 Teetering Turtle Trouble 1
0013 5 Door Temple (DK) (Angry Aztec)
0014 Llama Temple (Angry Aztec)
0015 5 Door Temple (Diddy) (Angry Aztec)
0016 5 Door Temple (Tiny) (Angry Aztec)
0017 5 Door Temple (Lanky) (Angry Aztec)
0018 5 Door Temple (Chunky) (Angry Atec)
0019 Candy's Music Store
001A Frantic Factory
001B Car Racing (Frantic Factory)
001C Game Over (?)
001D Switch Room (Frantic Factory)
001E Gloomy Galleon
001F Inside Ship (Gloomy Galleon)
0020 Batty Barrel Bandits
0021 Underground Skull Area (Jungle Japes)
0022 DK Isle
0023 Hideout Helm Barrel Game
0024 Danger Room (Frantic Factory)
0025 Barrel Blast (Jungle Japes)
0026 Angry Atec)
0027 Seal Race (Gloomy Galleon)
0028 Opening (Kiosk Demo)
0029 Barrel Blast (Angry Aztec)
002A Troff 'N' Scoff
002B Ship Wreakage (Diddy) (Gloomy Galleon)
002C Giant Treasure Chest (Gloomy Galleon)
002D Mermaid Area (Gloomy Galleon)
002E Ship Wreakage (DK) (Gloomy Galleon)
002F Ship Wreakage (Tiny) (Gloomy Galleon)
0030 Fungi Forest
0031 Lighthouse (Gloomy Galleon)
0032 Bouncy Mushroom Game (Hideout Helm)
0033 Mechanical Fish (Gloomy Galleon)
0034 Purple Klaptrap Cave (Fungi Forest)
0035 Beaver Brawl (Arena)
0036 Barrel Blast (Gloomy Galleon)
0037 Minecart (Fungi Forest)
0038 Inside Barn (Fungi Forest)
0039 Inside Barn Top Area 1 (Fungi Forest)
003A Inside Barn Top Area 2 (Fungi Forest)
003B Inside House (Fungi Forest)
003C Spider Miniboss (Fungi Forest)
003D Conveyor Belt Area (Fungi Forest)
003E Inside Barn 2 (Fungi Forest)
003F Mushroom Stomp (Fungi Forest)
0040 Giant Mushroom (Fungi Forest)
0041 Stealthy Snoop 2
0042 Mad Maze Maul 1
0043 Stash Snatch 1
0044 Mad Maze Maul 2
0045 Mad Maze Maul 3
0046 Top of Mushroom (Lanky) (Fungi Forest)
0047 Chunky Room (Fungi Forest)
0048 Crystal Caves
0049 Kritter Karnage (Arena)
004A Stash Snatch 2
004B Stash Snatch 3
004C DK Rap
004D Minecart Madness 1
004E Busy Barrel Barrage 1
004F Busy Barrel Barrage 2
0050 Select Screen
0051 CRASH
0052 Beetle Race (Crystal Caves)
0053 Dogadon II
0054 Target Room (Crystal Caves)
0055 Igloo Lanky's Room(Crystal Caves)
0056 Igloo Maze (Crystal Caves)
0057 Creepy Castle
0058 Ballroom (Creepy Castle)
0059 Cabin Flipping Room (Crystal Caves)
005A Cabin Krosshair Room (Crystal Caves)
005B Cabin Trapdoor Room (Crystal Caves)
005C Cabin Bash the Baddies Room (Crystal Caves)
005D Cabin Klaptrap Room (Crystal Caves)
005E Cabin OrangSprint Room (Crystal Caves)
005F Igloo Rabbit Room (Crystal Caves)
0060 Splish-Splash Salvage 1
0061 K.Lumsy's Island
0062 Tomato Castle (Crystal Caves)
0063 Speedie Swing Sortie 1
0064 Barrel Blast (Crystal Caves)
0065 Krazy Kong Klamour 1
0066 Bug Bash 1
0067 Searchlight Sneek 1
0068 Beaver Bother 1
0069 Tower (Creepy Castle)
006A Minecart (Creepy Castle)
006B CRASH
006C Dungeon 1 (Creepy Castle)
006D CRASH
006E Barrel Blast (Frantic Factory)
006F Puftoss
0070 Basement (Creepy Castle)
0071 Museum (Creepy Castle)
0072 Indoors 1 (Creepy Castle)
0073 Kremling Kosh 2
0074 Kremling Kosh 3
0075 Kremling Kosh 4
0076 Teetering Turtle Trouble 2
0080 Stealthy Snoop 3
0081 Minecart Madness 2
0082 Minecart Madness 3
0083 Hideout Helm Shooting Game
0084 Splish-Splash Salvage 2
0085 Splish-Splash Salvage 3
0086 Speedie Swing Sortie 2
0087 Speedie Swing Sortie 3
0088 Beaver Bother 2
0089 Beaver Bother 3
0090 Peril Path Panic 1
0091 Peril Path Panic 2
0092 Peril Path Panic 3
0093 Peril Path Panic 4
0094 Bug Bash 2
0095 Bug Bash 3
0096 Bug Bash 4
0097 CRASH
0098 K.Rool Crashes
0099 Story Intro
009A Mad Jack
009B Arena 3
009C Arena 4
009D Arena 5
009E Arena 6
009F Arena 7
00A0 Arena 8
00A1 Arena 9
00A2 Arena 10
00A3 Indoors 2 (Creepy Castle)
00A4 Tree (Creepy Castle)
00A5 Hideout Helm Kremling Bash Game
00A6 Cabin (Creepy Castle)
00A7 Garbage Can (Creepy Castle)
00A8 Greenhouse Maze (Creepy Castle)
00A9 Jungle Japes Lobby
00AA Hideout Helm Lobby
00AB DK Treehouse
00AC Story Intro (K.Rool)
00AD Angry Aztec Lobby
00AE Gloomy Galleon Lobby
00AF Frantic Factory Lobby
00B0 DK Isle Jungle
00B1 Training (Swimming)
00B2 Fungi Forest Lobby
00B3 Ship Wreakage 3 (Gloomy Galleon)
00B4 Training (Oranges)
00B5 Training (Barrels)
00B6 Training (Swinging)
00B7 Dungeon Entrance (Creepy Castle)
00B8 Enguarde Bonus Area
00B9 Car Race (Creepy Castle)
00BA Barrel Blast (Crystal Caves)
00BB Barrel Blast (Creepy Castle)
00BC Barrel Blast (Fungi Forest)
00BD Banana Fairy Island
00BE Multiplayer Area 2
00BF Rambi Bonus Area
00C0 Multiplayer Area 3
00C1 Creepy Castle Lobby
00C2 Crystal Caves Lobby
00C3 K.Rool Island Snide Room
00C4 Army Dillo II
00C5 Dogadon
00C6 End Game Banana Fairy Cutscene
00C7 King Kut Out
00C8 Cabin Kosha Room (Crystal Caves)
00C9 Hideout Helm Jetbarrel Game
00CA Hideout Helm Zinger Game
00CB K.Rool (Beginning)
00CC K.Rool (DK)
00CD K.Rool (Lanky)
00CE K.Rool (Diddy)
00CF K.Rool (Chunky)
00D0 101% Ending 2
00D1 Hideout Helm Hidden Kritter Game
00D2 Hideout Helm Ponytail Twirl Game
00D3 Hideout Helm Sniper Game
00D4 Hideout Helm Rambi Game
00D5 101% Ending 1
00D6 K.Rool (Tiny)
00D7 K.Rool (Lose)

When using this to enter Cranky's Lab, Funky's Armoury, Candy's Music Shop, or Snidie's HQ, it starts off normally, but once you try to exit, it just pauses for a bit.
After a while, the camera gets stuck in the position it's in when it asks you to buy something, and you can freely roam around the area.
It's worth noting that almost nothing is solid in these areas (exceptions being a few seemingly random parts of Funky's place, and the desk at Cranky's)
Additionally, using this code to access boss fights with the wrong Kong works! Although most of the cutscenes (like the ones before Mad Jack and Dogadon II) do not change.
(Additionally, Dogadon II is impossible with anyone but Chunky, along with basically every K. Rool fight except Tiny's (if you start inside the boot))

Additionally, here's some Disco Chunky codes.
Turn Chunky into Disco Chunky
8075C45B 000E

Turn DK into Disco Chunky
8075C41B 000E

Turn Diddy into Disco Chunky
8075C42B 000E

Turn Lanky into Disco Chunky
8075C43B 000E

Turn Tiny into Disco Chunky
8075C44B 000E

Turn Krusha into Disco Chunky
8075C46B 000E
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Cody » September 21st, 2015, 9:39 am

Crazy Coral Characters:

Reptile Trial:

^ just some of the (many) things I've spotted over the years. It's pretty surreal how the human brain is essentially conditioned to notice faces out of inanimate objects.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby the_kong_br » March 1st, 2017, 4:54 pm

Cody wrote:Crazy Coral Characters:

Reptile Trial:

^ just some of the (many) things I've spotted over the years. It's pretty surreal how the human brain is essentially conditioned to notice faces out of inanimate objects.

I believe there is an exaggeration in that. It would only be pareidolia.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby spaceman2028 » July 12th, 2017, 7:15 am

*BA-DUM-TSH* Major Bump! Hopefully I won't get a Strike on my account because of it... :headache:

So apparently I'm starting to suffer from that one effect that someone mentioned earlier in this thread. The poster on the wall above Winky's aquarium, it appears to be of an orange looking Krusha. But for a while as I stared at the image and didn't know what it was, I could have sworn it looked a bit like Sweet Tooth.

In his Twisted Metal: Black incarnation, even.

Which makes absolutely no sense, since the first Twisted Metal probably wasn't even in production at the time DKC2 was released.

But no, upon looking at more closely(after writing most of a rather long post about the issue, even :facepalm: ) it is probably, in fact, a random Kremling. But MAN does he look like Sweet Tooth, even sporting his general TM:B attire that would eventually be incorporated into his current design!

I think I might need some time to recover my sanity or something, who knows... :shakehead:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Qyzbud » July 14th, 2017, 12:34 am

I can see what you mean about the likeness to Sweet Tooth, but I'm pretty sure that's Chief Thunder from Killer Instinct.

Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby CountryFan » July 14th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Yes, that would be Chief Thunder. Note the KI arcade cabinet.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby spaceman2028 » July 23rd, 2017, 8:37 am

Huh, interesting. Never really played Killer Instinct myself(well, I MIGHT have a really long time ago on a borrowed Wii's homebrew collection, but I no longer have it), so It was hard to tell who that was really. Maybe Sweet Tooth's Twisted Metal Black design was based off of it? Who knows really. It just sorta looked like an Orange Krusha to me as well given how little of the wallpaper's details could be seen through the 16-bit graphics. :?

Another interesting thing I've noticed: the GBA DKC1 hidden Level Warps appear to have DKC2's ice cavern level floor design. You'd think that they'd put it into the actual ice cave level, but no, that has it's own floor design. It looks a lot like the DKC2 ice cavern design to me as well. Perhaps the whole thing as a subtle added-in nod to DKC2 warp barrels? Those DID exist.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby WesternTanager794 » May 25th, 2023, 8:09 pm

I was curious what the background for this map was,(the left half) and after editing it, I'm little nearer to deciphering it. But perhaps it looks nicer. What's the background? Got the map from the atlas.
Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 03-30-44 Krazy Kremland world map.png

:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » May 26th, 2023, 1:28 pm

Based on the main map, the background is the rocky cliffside of Crocodile Isle, as well as dead trees that flank Kremland's entrance. To the right of the entrance, there appears to be a shorter cliff with a bit of moss or grass and jagged rocks on it. There is also some fog in front of it. Not sure what the red/brown portions are supposed to be.

Kremland is bit bizarre, as it's built into this cliffside (either as a natural or an artificial cavern), yet the rollercoaster and bramble levels have a visible sky...

How would brambles grow inside a cave anyway?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

PreviousNext

Return to General DKC Discussion