Favorite boss from non DKC related game

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Favorite boss from non DKC related game

Postby The Banana Bird » February 6th, 2012, 2:19 am

Who is your favorite boss from a non DKC related game? This boss may have been killed you one point in your life. He is probably the greatest challenge for a boss I have ever played against. This game overall had challenging gameplay. Can you guess? Here ya go
Spoiler!
Marx Soul.gif
Marx Soul.gif (8.24 KiB) Viewed 27358 times
THIS BOSS TOOK ME SO LONG TO BEAT! Marx Soul from Kirby Superstar Ultra is the best challenge I faced. Sometimes, you don't even know where he is going to hit sometimes. I love a great challenge, and he was worth killing after so many trys.

Tyed with him would have to be this big ghost you may recognize.
Spoiler!
King Boo.jpg
King Boo.jpg (3.88 KiB) Viewed 27355 times
King Boo from Luigis Mansion was a huge part of my childhood, and a nice challenge.
Who is yours?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Favorite boss from non DKC related game

Postby Phyreburnz » February 6th, 2012, 6:37 am

Wow... this is another tough question, Banana Bird!

I think I'd have to go with Bowser. I don't really have many favorite bosses, because... most of the time, I play DKC. I know that some of the hardest ones I've ever played are from Sunset Riders. My older brother and I just recently beat the game (maybe a year or so ago). We had Sunset Riders for a long time and we never beat it, so when we did, my brother and I started freaking out. The last boss does a fake death. So when we realized we still had to fight, I know my heart was pounding! We FINALLY killed him! We turned to each other; I said something like, "Oh my god... we beat it! We actually beat it!" That was shortly followed by the worst ending ever. The four cowboys were riding off in the sunset, and the text on the screen said, "Are ya yellow? Try it on hard" We were PISSED!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » February 6th, 2012, 7:00 am

After all the work, worst ending EVER! You ever play against Marxs Soul in Kirby Superstar Ultra? Just curious
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » February 6th, 2012, 7:25 am

I haven't played Kirby Superstar Ultra, actually. I have a DS... but I don't have many games for it. For some reason, I never even really think to play my handhelds.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Super Luigi! » February 6th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Well, you were playing on Easy, Phyreburnz. But I don't blame you.

The hardest boss for me would have to be...
Spoiler!
untitled.png
untitled.png (22.03 KiB) Viewed 27335 times

The Goddess, Cordelia, from Panel de Pon.

She is the toughest boss you will ever fight in a puzzle game, and maybe ever. You either know exactly what you're doing, or you fail everytime. I cannot stress her power enough.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby Phyreburnz » February 6th, 2012, 3:41 pm

It wasn't on easy, though! It was on normal!

I even tried to play it on hard using an emulator... it was still super hard, even with the ability to save. Also, the game itself (like the cartridge) doesn't have any saves.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby DKCFan188 » February 7th, 2012, 3:30 am

my favourite boss from a non-donkey kong game will have to be Bowser, he's one of the most original bosses.:)
Trainee Trekker

Postby Super Luigi! » February 7th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Phyrebunz, if it was on easy, it would have told you something like, "Great job, podner!" and show a sunset. Also, what do you define as original, DKCFan188?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby DKCFan188 » February 7th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Phyrebunz, if it was on easy, it would have told you something like, "Great job, podner!" and show a sunset. Also, what do you define as original, DKCFan188?

Well Bowser is original, he mostly appears as the last boss in many Super Mario games.:)
Trainee Trekker

Postby Glimmer » April 20th, 2012, 9:31 am

Andross from Lylat Wars. ''If I go down, I'm taking you with me!''. Frightening and intimidating, just like a real boss should be :twisted:
Tourist

Postby MadcapTech » May 8th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Hard one to be honest, but The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day might just be it.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby CountryFan » January 18th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Well, you were playing on Easy, Phyreburnz. But I don't blame you.

The hardest boss for me would have to be...
Spoiler!
untitled.png

The Goddess, Cordelia, from Panel de Pon.

She is the toughest boss you will ever fight in a puzzle game, and maybe ever. You either know exactly what you're doing, or you fail everytime. I cannot stress her power enough.

Sorry, but Cordelia has absolutely nothing on Mindari, Hindari, and Mingari.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 23

Postby Super Luigi! » January 21st, 2014, 9:47 am

Are those Touhou characters? Even if they're not, the Terrible Trio sounds quite frightening.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby spaceman2028 » September 21st, 2014, 3:11 pm

Going on a wildcard here and using one of my all-time favorite games Fur Fighters as a base for this topic. If you don't know what you are doing, Saving Esmeralda is just a bramble in the brains. Same with Saving Winnie and Mai-that fight took forever as well just to figure out what was going on.

Although masked dedede, galacta knight, and marx soul still gave me a lot of trouble alongside daroach from squeak squad, without tornado/wheel. And to make things worse, his second battle is a nightmare without that star rod cane or an ability with forever-lasting invincibility frames.

Also SMW bowser and his creepy design.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Return to Gaming Discussion