STOP the “Stop Online Piracy Act”

Where dead topics hang out.

STOP the “Stop Online Piracy Act”

Postby Simion32 » December 10th, 2011, 4:48 pm

http://avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet/?fp
For the love of god guys, go sign this!

"As concerned global citizens, we call on you to stand for a free and open Internet and vote against both the Protect IP Act and the Stop Online Piracy Act. The Internet is a crucial tool for people around the world to exchange ideas and work collectively to build the world we all want. We urge you to show true global leadership and do all you can to protect this basic pillar of our democracies worldwide."

http://www.androidauthority.com/help-st ... -us-37486/
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Re: STOP the “Stop Online Piracy Act”

Postby Markster » December 10th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Holy crap, this is not good, we all need to stop this internet censor-ship before it's too late.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby HavocReaper48 » December 11th, 2011, 1:25 pm

It's official, the terrorists won. :?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » December 11th, 2011, 3:04 pm

I don't think they won... did this seriously pass in congress? The senate will probably veto this, and I doubt the president would let this happen.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Markster » December 20th, 2011, 1:33 am

What is the US government and congress trying to force upon us Americans and the rest of the world, this is stupid, come on, suing a family for just putting a baby video with music playing in the background? It is just retarded, even AVGN hates this, copyright laws should of NEVER EVER EXISTED.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Markster » January 18th, 2012, 9:07 am

Tomorrow, we will all find out if this bill will be passed, hopefully it won't, I am okay with the piracy laws right now, but SOPA takes it overboard.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Simion32 » January 18th, 2012, 10:45 am

I have messaged Qyzbud on this matter, if he's going to do the blackouts. Will Twitter-message him to expedite the reading of said PM.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Markster » January 18th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Well, see you all on 1/19/12 or whenever the blackouts are over, I am going to play Speedy Eggbert 2 while I'm waiting.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 18th, 2012, 3:22 pm

Tomorrow I have fencing! :)

But when I get home? :? Even Google's getting a blackout! R.I.P. research projects due 1/19
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » January 19th, 2012, 8:28 am

You can still use google, but not wikipedia (well, I'm sure there's some way around it). Google is acting normal, there is just a "black sheet" over the word "google."
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Cody » January 19th, 2012, 10:38 am

With Wikipedia, it's easy: just press "esc" after the page loads 8-)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Mattrizzle » January 19th, 2012, 11:17 am

There's a better way, as mentioned in Wikipedia's SOPA and PIPA - Learn More page:
Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

Yes. ... You can ... view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby Markster » January 20th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I was at work with dad, and I heard something on the radio about people giving cash prices for people who catch other people with piracy, it just pissed me off, in a "free country", you should have the right to do a lot of things, like if you want to go get stoned, it makes me mad how corrupt this "free country" is.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Markster » January 22nd, 2012, 4:08 am

Guess what, the FBI is up to its old tricks again, who ever downloaded from MegaUpload or uploaded will be fined 150,000$ per pirated file, everyone is f***ed, now I really hate the USA! :x
----------
If they want to fine people, they can at least fine them with how much the original file cost, like a song would equal 1$, not 150,000$.
----------
Ron Paul for president 2012!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Ninni973 » January 22nd, 2012, 8:46 am

I heard everything about SOPA. They suck. And PIPA? Both of them should be stopped!! If SOPA passes, my Wind Waker Z will officially be screwed. I don't hate the USA, but SOPA and PIPA is freaking retarded!! It could affect the entire world, and we should tell congress: f--- you and your stupid bill!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby vivianL » January 23rd, 2012, 6:16 pm

Wikipedia, the sixth most visited site on the Worldwide Web, said that it will go dark on Wednesday to protest regulation being offered in Congress and in the Senate. That legislation, says Wikipedia and other Internet giants, would stop free expression and unfairly kill sites. Source for this article: Wikipedia and others go dark to protest SOPA. Pirated software are all over the world. The fact that it is totally free, many people will do piracy. But in exchange of being free, downloading files illegally have a risk of viruses. Pirated software can carry viruses or may not function at all, hacked software can put your files into a great risk.
Newcomer

Postby Cody » January 23rd, 2012, 8:04 pm

The article you linked to was published on January 17th, a Tuesday... and the whole "Wikipedia blackout" happened the next day, which was last Wednesday.

We appreciate your concern though :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby The Banana Bird » January 25th, 2012, 4:09 am

On Youtube, click the telephone in the logo and you can directly tell Obama to stop SOPA if you really want to. I did, click it and leave a message saying so.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Return to Post Mortuary