I hate the way men are being portrayed by the media!

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

I hate the way men are being portrayed by the media!

Postby Aaendi » November 11th, 2011, 8:28 am

Men are portrayed as lazy, dumb, violent, perverted and misogynist. I know how women are portrayed as "sexy" by the media, but there are hundreds of educational documentaries about how women are portrayed by the media, but very few if any for how men are portrayed. In fact, I find the educational documentaries about how women are portrayed in the media, to be one of the worst offenders for the male stereotypical character.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Re: I hate the way men are being portrayed by the media!

Postby Markster » November 11th, 2011, 8:44 am

I hate sexism, many women get brainwashed into this crap too.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Simion32 » November 11th, 2011, 11:33 am

I think both sides are absolutely ridiculous.

All this accomplishes is making people afraid that humans of the other sex are freaks or something they are not. Seriously, this is a bunch of crap.

You never know a person until you've actually been around them. It's impossible to place a general stereotype on everyone of a certain gender/etc and be correct. It just does not happen.

Forced advertisement viewing is also an abuse of people's free will, but that is another topic entirely. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Scraps69 » November 23rd, 2011, 7:54 pm

I think you might be focusing too much on the negative advertisements of men heh. I've never seen an ad placing men as dumb except maybe stumbling when they see a beautiful woman.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Aaendi » December 14th, 2011, 10:30 am

Scraps69 wrote:I think you might be focusing too much on the negative advertisements of men heh. I've never seen an ad placing men as dumb except maybe stumbling when they see a beautiful woman.

Where have you been for the last 20 years?

Millions of innocent men get arrested for being VICTIMS of sexual violence everyday.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Return to Anything Goes