Donkey Kong merchandise/collectables

Discussion of the DKC series as a whole.
Post here if the theme of your discussion isn't directed at one specific game.

Re: Donkey Kong merchandise/collectables

Postby Krow111 » August 30th, 2011, 4:26 pm

I found this site that has quite a few DKC and DK64 related things (mostly DKC):
http://www.videogamemm.com/v/DonkeyKong/
There are some pretty cool things over there.
Here's also another site and some pics (this site has more things):
http://videogamemm.com/main/gallery/game_association
Spoiler!
Donkey Kong Country 3 Baron K_ Roolenstein Unpainted Shooter.jpg
A Baron K. Roolenstein unpainted shooter.
Donkey Kong Country 3 Baron K_ Roolenstein Unpainted Shooter.jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 35019 times

Donkey Kong Country 2 K_ Rool Unpainted.jpg
An unpainted Kaptain K. Rool figure.
Donkey Kong Country 2 K_ Rool Unpainted.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 35019 times

Donkey Kong Country 3 Bleak the Snowman Unpainted Shooter.jpg
A Bleak unpainted shooter.
Donkey Kong Country 3 Bleak the Snowman Unpainted Shooter.jpg (21.97 KiB) Viewed 35019 times

100_4945-1.preview.jpg
A DKC figurine collection.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby krematoa » August 31st, 2011, 3:14 am

I remember having a bunch of DK toys when I was younger: DK 64 puzzles, Diddy kong racing characters+ karts and planes. There was even some objects that the plane could shoot! Tough I'm not sure about that. Maybe it was one of my mario kart toys too. Right now I have the club Nintendo posters and the DK stylus for DS. I had a old diddy kong toy from Burger king too . :lol: Sad that when I was younger I destroyed most of them. Why does kids like breaking their toys, WHY??
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Ribbedebie » September 8th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I never liked breaking my toys! D: I loved them and played with them, and I'd preferred them in one piece over broken to bits! I'd end up sad when I'd find My Little Ponies with their hair cut on a flea market. :c

Speaking of DKC merchandise I'm getting a Captain Skurvy figure soon *dances*
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby krematoa » September 9th, 2011, 11:23 am

Ribbedebie wrote:I never liked breaking my toys! D: I loved them and played with them, and I'd preferred them in one piece over broken to bits! I'd end up sad when I'd find My Little Ponies with their hair cut on a flea market. :c

Destroyed little rainbow ponies must be an horrible sight! In fact NOW i'm sad that I destroyed most of my toys. I'm pretty sure I would liked my diddy kong toys much more now than when I was 6! :(
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby aperson98 » September 10th, 2011, 3:25 am

You would have hated to see me as a kid, I not only smashed up some of my toys I froze them in a freezer, threw them over windows, cut bits of plastic or hair off with a pair of scissors, and even melted them in a mircowave. (poor Linus I melted him with a caramel candy too!) yeah I was like Sid from Toy Story. :twisted:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 3

Postby DKCplayer » September 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

I suppose it was caramel candy with some "Peanuts" mixed in (it could've used a bit of Peppermint Patty).

Around July, I got this DK plush from a cheap shop! :)
Photo2574.jpg
More fun than a barrel of monkeys!
Photo2574.jpg (19.51 KiB) Viewed 34959 times

I think it's the same type that was in the claw machines I mentioned a few years ago here. I also have a bag with DK chilling on the Nintendo logo with Zingers buzzing about. Other than that, I have some Mario plushies, but that's pretty much it.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby krematoa » September 10th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Just remembered: I also have the Nintendo edition of Monopoly. ( Does it count as a DK merchandise?)
(by the way cool plush DKCplayer!)
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Simion32 » September 10th, 2011, 12:48 pm

I don't believe I've mentioned here that some time ago this year, I acquired the Donkey Kong Country: Exposed VHS tape... ;)

It was in a local pawn shop for $1.50, and the owner offered to sell if for $1 thinking it was worth nothing. I silently paid for it and left (with much excitement and nostalgia). Thanks to my mother for actually spotting the videotape on a shelf.

EDIT: If you must see pics of it, just ask.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 13th, 2012, 8:00 am

I just got the Donkey Kong Country 3 soundtrack. :)
Click on spoiler tab for picture!

Spoiler!

Now... do I open it?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby The Banana Bird » January 13th, 2012, 8:21 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Now... do I open it?

Your kidding right? Just kidding, DO NOT open that soundtrack, it is pure gold! Where in the world did you find that!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 13th, 2012, 9:57 am

I know it's pure gold. That's why I did open it, put it on my iPod, and am currently listening to it. :P
It wasn't supposed to come until tomorrow, so you can imagine my surprise when I got the mail today. $39.99 on eBay... not too bad. And I mean, come on, it was just the shrinkwrapping... I'd rather get to the music and experience the fidelity of CD-quality audio then go download some audio rip from a ROM. If only I had some Beats Pro by Dr. Dre, then we'd be talking.

But wow, what a treat. This game was such a huge part of my life, and a big reason for that was the music. You really find yourself back in time playing the game when you're listening to a certain track (Sub-Map Shuffle in K3 on a cold, stormy night... ooh!) Anyway, I've got about ten tracks left to listen to. I'm giving my ears a break, as I've already had tinnitus for about a year. I'd like to start collecting more video game soundtracks. The only other one I have is the Nuts & Bolts soundtrack, but I also have some movie soundtracks and the like. I'm a pretty big CD guy, I've got like 45 or 50 right now.

Gonna go listen to the rest!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » January 13th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Tiptup Jr. That's awesomeness!

I'll have to post some pictures later, but I have the original box for my SNES (with all of the original packaging), which was the DKC edition. I also have a bitch-ass poster that came with it that has a big DK at the top.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 14th, 2012, 6:59 am

My friend used to own a DKC2 soundtrack. It was amazing, it was what we always listened to when I went over. That was when I wasn't a big DKC fan, I just thought the music was great. After I found out it was from DKC, I bought the game. I think he through it out. I might go over soon so I guess I will take a picture if it is there.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 14th, 2012, 11:15 am

See if you can discreetly rip it to a lossless format and put it on a flash drive. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby The Banana Bird » January 14th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Ill see first m'kay (MR. MACKEY RULES!). Yeah, that was a random thought. I will probably go over tommorow, so ill give you all an update after.

EDIT: If I can not find it, don't be dissapointed. It was a long time ago so I might not find it. I think it was his older brothers so it is either gone, with his brother or still there.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby The Banana Bird » January 23rd, 2012, 11:00 am

It has been a long time. Sorry, I forgot about it. It has been thrown out a long time ago :cry: WHY?! Yeaaaaah anyways I just found a giant stuffed DK from Nintendo World in New York, I don't remember going there though XD
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » January 26th, 2012, 12:54 pm

I finally got around to taking a picture of my SNES box!
By the way, the price tag says 147.95 from K-Mart.
snes box.jpg
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 27th, 2012, 5:00 am

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'll never forget receiving the Jungle Green N64 bundle for my sixth birthday... still one of the best presents I've ever gotten! (the box is long gone, though.) I wish they would do a Donkey Kong bundle again. As much as I hate "Returns" it would've been cool if it came out with a banana yellow Wii, or at least a banana yellow case.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » January 29th, 2012, 4:11 am

I also have the badass poster that came with it.

This isn't mine, but I found a picture of the same one.

The back side of the poster tells you how to hook up the Super Nintendo.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 29th, 2012, 6:10 am

Wow! That doesn't look like its telling you how to hook up a SNES, it IS badass.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » January 29th, 2012, 6:12 am

The OTHER side of the poster tells you how to hook up the SNES... not that side! :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 29th, 2012, 6:12 am

Phyreburnz wrote:The OTHER side of the poster tells you how to hook up the SNES... not that side! :P

Damn I so stupid :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Previous

Return to General DKC Discussion