The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 20th, 2011, 4:05 pm

God, Freewebs is so faulty and unreliable. I hope through some miracle they become better. :3
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » March 25th, 2011, 6:30 am

I just found out they pump gas for you in Oregon.
Why don't they do it elsewhere? Here in Mexico they pump gas for you everywhere =B I always found it troublesome having to go pay it at the store.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » March 30th, 2011, 5:37 pm

My Uncommon Drive Layout:
DVD-RW Drive (A:) *not a floppy disk*
System Backups (B:) [64GB Partition, Main HDD] *not a floppy disk*
Windows XP (C:) [20GB Partition, Main HDD]
Program Files (P:) [64GB Partition, Main HDD]
User Desktops (U:) [64GB Partition, Main HDD]
Delta Project (K:) [External HDD]
----------------------------------------------

For forcing a drive to use A: or B: run regedit and check out HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices. There you can edit the key name to force the drive letter to change where normally A: and B: are reserved only for floppy disks.
----------------------------------------------

For moving any folder to a different partition without windows complaining, such as Program Files, download Sysinternals Junction.

If you are moving a system folder like Program Files, boot your computer in Safe Mode, and copy the folder to the new location using the built-in Administrator account. If the copy does not work or a file is locked, do not proceed further. After they are copied you can delete the old folder but DON'T REBOOT YET.

To create the link to the new location of Program Files, use Junction. It goes something like this:
junction "C:\Program Files" "P:"

After you've created the symbolic link you may reboot.

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way responsible for anything arising due to this post. Hack XP at your own risk.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 1st, 2011, 7:57 am

Hmm. That's pretty interesting, Simion, although it seems a bit unconventional... I just have a regular hard drive, I guess, so if my computer ever crashed and deleted my iTunes library I'd be pretty screwed.

And um, yeah. At my school they have all the bus-riders sit in the lunchroom at the end of the day to wait for the bus. So here I am, sitting all by my lonesome, and this girl sitting a few seats away tells me to come sit by her. So I did. We hit it off pretty well but I'm just a really awkward person around people I don't know, so it was kinda weird... And I also realized, as I was walking toward the buses, that I didn't even get her NAME. wtf. She was pretty attractive I guess, in that subjective kinda way, I *think* she was in ninth grade, and I'm in eleventh... So that could work.

Also Japan and whatnot.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 7th, 2011, 11:48 am

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude explaining things to my grandpa is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO confusing!!!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » April 7th, 2011, 1:32 pm

I'm having a very crazy, abnormal week.

Monday, strangely I can hardly remember at all -- I'm assuming it was normal but I forgot most of it likely because of Tuesday. Weird.

On Tuesday I awoke in the coziest, warmest position in bed and thought it was a Saturday morning and I woke up early. However I got a nice slap in the face and realized it was Tuesday and that I was running late. Also I figured I would start using my lighter Spring jacket today ... only for it to be pouring when I step out of my house. Great. Then at school, I did the wrong page for math homework, did not bring in my science homework entirely, wrote most of global history, an aid told me to put my Ipod away at lunch (ignoring the other people with cell phones out), insane gym period due to a sub (which is actually normal), and had a long period of band. After school I figured I would ride my bike for a bit to get my mind off the day, only for it to STILL BE RAINING. Meh, oh well, that's why God gave us XBox 360.

But today, Wednesday? I got a 64 on a test, I watched my friend get bullied right in front of me, then later on in the day there was a fire alarm because a part of the auditorium roof caved in! The fire department and police department were called in!

Oh geez there's still two days left of the week :shock:
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Katzii » April 8th, 2011, 1:53 am

I swear it's been one of those weeks; I went to ask one of my work colleagues on Tuesday what their plans for the weekend were (thinking it was Friday) - very unusual since my brain is normally a day behind! Mind you, I am off of work for a few weeks now so that may have thrown me off a bit.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Phyreburnz » April 9th, 2011, 11:34 am

Okay, so I finished my ten-page paper for English and am working on finishing up my six-page paper for Sociology.... I have a quiz on monday, a test, a sketchbook, and a final drawing due on tuesday, and a test on thursday.... FML END OF THE SEMEMSTER CRAP!!! ARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! >:| Oh... but on a good note, I get my first car on monday! Woot.... I guess... 2500 dollars down the drain...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Jomingo » April 10th, 2011, 3:52 am

If it makes you feel any better, I'm on spring break.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » April 10th, 2011, 4:49 am

Sorry, Jomingo... that kinda makes me even more irate... my college thought that it would be a good idea to give everybody spring break several days before finals... Yeah... don't know who thought that one was a good idea.... So for my spring break, I get to study for a shiteload of tests! Yay!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 10th, 2011, 5:12 am

Just do what I do and guess.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » April 10th, 2011, 1:08 pm

I just love when teachers are all assigning stupid projects that could be completed in a weekend and give the guidelines for them several weeks before they're due. Seriously I have like three weeks to do one thing :? And they're all "Start early! Consider doing ___!", etc.

@Phyre: :o Cheat sheet time! ;)
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2011, 3:24 am

Yeah, lawl. Anyway, here's a list of famous people that I've met in the past (and yes, this is real).

*Big and Rich, the country singers.
*Ronald McDonald
*Robin
*Lola Bunny

Those last two were clearly not at Six Flags, awww yeah.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 11th, 2011, 12:26 pm

OMGBIG'N'RICHILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVETHEIRMUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 11th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Yeah, they were doing a signing at this Walmart so we drove alll the way to see them. It was years ago! Good times.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 13th, 2011, 3:47 am

Ride a cowboyyy. What what.

lawl jk
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 13th, 2011, 8:54 am

LOL my mom told me that she sang that one time at a bar and instead of saying 'all the girls are drinking long necks down' (long necks being some type of drink(if they SAID long necks... sounds like a weird name...) she said 'all the girls are drinking Maverick down' (Maverick's the stagename of one of her friends) and I laughed my head off when she told me this.

"I walk into the room passing out hundred dollar bills" LOL
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » April 14th, 2011, 12:17 am

Well, I think that I did well on my Philosophy test... and no, I did NOT cheat!XD
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Blaziken257 » April 14th, 2011, 12:37 pm

So, as anybody who plays Pokémon Black or White knows, the Pokémon Dream World has finally opened after a long delay. I would love that, but it doesn't even work properly. Just look:

http://i53.tinypic.com/14brki.png

5 minutes =/= 24+ hours.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Simion32 » April 16th, 2011, 2:45 am

Let me say this, if I haven't already... Nintendo is great at making games, but they SUCK at bounds/invalid-value checking and code testing. When it comes to PC their code is ALMOST ALWAYS buggy.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Blaziken257 » April 17th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Yeah, I'm not surprised really... although that implies that you've seen Nintendo screw up PC code in the past. Where you have seen that? I'm curious...

But in any case, it works for me now. It worked for some people but not for others, and there were thousands (I'm not exaggerating) of complaints from the people that had trouble, so it's since been fixed.

In any case, I can see where things like bounds checking is easy to miss, especially in certain programming languages, like C++ where you have to check those kinds of things yourself.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Simion32 » April 18th, 2011, 1:39 am

Blaziken257 wrote:Yeah, I'm not surprised really... although that implies that you've seen Nintendo screw up PC code in the past. Where you have seen that? I'm curious...
(1) The problem you just dealt with
(2) Some Animal Crosing Wii calendar application. General overall clunky-ness, and sometimes crashed for no reason.
(3) Some very old DKC online games, I think they were from the DKC3 site. Bad programming/hit-detection.
(4) Broken Wifi website that does nothing when you click on 80% of the links (back when the Wii had just come out).
(5) Can't remember any more atm...

Blaziken257 wrote:In any case, I can see where things like bounds checking is easy to miss, especially in certain programming languages, like C++ where you have to check those kinds of things yourself.
Unfortunately that statement also applies, more heavily, to their console games. Take Animal Crossing for example. In ALL versions of the game, there isn't one bit of code in there to check and make sure you don't have an invalid item (via cheats or otherwise) in your town. In the DS version this resulted in hackers being able to abuse the online access to brick people's AC:WW games to the point that either it becomes unplayable or the entire cartridge corrupts and is useless. All because Nintendo didn't check for invalid object values. I assume the Wii version has this same weakness.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 22nd, 2011, 12:15 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT TAKS ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 23rd, 2011, 4:58 am

What that is? lawl

IN OTHER NEWS I AM SO FRICKING SICK TODAY. I was gonna stay home next Friday to watch the Royal Wedding (I know, I know) but now it looks like that isn't gonna happen. Darn you, fever.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 24th, 2011, 2:57 am

Facebook is effing up.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby HavocReaper48 » April 24th, 2011, 3:47 am

I have been addicted to "Almost Easy" by Avenged Sevenfold. I must've listened to it twenty times already.

In other news, I gave myself the UGLIEST profile pic on Facebook ever.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 24th, 2011, 5:42 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:What that is? lawl

The TAKS? It's the Texas Assesment of Knowledge and Skills.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » April 24th, 2011, 6:44 am

I got something really random to say, RockNinjaToska from Youtube is a retard, he made a hate video about me just because i didn't like his videos, he called me stupid, and he called me gay, on a youtube video, the youtube video got like 9 likes, im surprised, what kind of so called "dumb person" knows how to ROM hack, program, develop, etc., well there is none, and i am only 13, thats pretty amazing eh, anyways i flagged it for child abuse, and it got removed by Youtube :D, im not the only one who got hated on, there was like a hand full of people who got hated on, i flagged those videos too, and now all his videos are gone because he got 3 strikes on youtube, :twisted: DEATH TO THE MEGA-TROLLS VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 24th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Chibisai Kong wrote:
Tiptup Jr. wrote:What that is? lawl

The TAKS? It's the Texas Assesment of Knowledge and Skills.

Kay. I hate how all the different states have their own retarded education assessments.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » April 25th, 2011, 11:48 am

LOL yeah I keep forgetting every time my uncle, aunt, and their kids come down here from Missouri.

EDIT 4/26/11: tornado warning craaaaaaaaap...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 30th, 2011, 1:53 am

Yeah, holy f---. Alabama really got effed up the other day. Through some miracle of God my county was relatively untouched by damage (although we certainly experienced some storms.)

And did you guys see the hat Princess Beatrice was wearing this morning? Hot damn that thing turned me on.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Markster » April 30th, 2011, 3:21 am

Southern places are getting a lot of tornado's recently, like missisipi, south/north carolina (whatever), texas, etc., i live in kentucky and so far there has been no tornado's in the county i live in yet :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Markster » April 30th, 2011, 3:28 am

by the way, i went back to my old icon.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Tiptup Jr. » April 30th, 2011, 6:57 am

Markster wrote:Southern places are getting a lot of tornado's recently, like missisipi, south/north carolina (whatever), texas, etc., i live in kentucky and so far there has been no tornado's in the county i live in yet :)

The storm was Wednesday night... I live right in the middle of Alabama (literally; the direct center of the state is two miles from where I live.) Like I said, MY immediate area wasn't really struck, but other places close to us weren't so lucky. I have never seen so much devastation. President Obama even landed in Tuscaloosa earlier.

Also, for more info: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110429/ap_on_re_us/us_severe_weather
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » April 30th, 2011, 8:12 am

Yeah, I live in West Michigan, and if you guys aren't aware, we don't really get Tornadoes. As in, I've never even heard of a tornado happening around here in my whole life. However, on Tuesday my Track Meet was cancelled because of a legitimate tornado and the town sirens went off and everything. I don't know the status of the damage, but I don't think it did much.

Just the fact that it existed at all was surprising. Doesn't happen often.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » April 30th, 2011, 11:06 am

Quantum Nonlocality: If you think it doesn't exist... it already exists, and is all other things, simultaneously.

Yeah the weather around here sucked for the last two weeks. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 1st, 2011, 12:23 pm

Wish me luck. One of my internet friends is in a jam. I'ma help her.

EDIT: *sigh*I failed her...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » May 2nd, 2011, 9:38 am

These southern tornadoes are starting to p*** me off, when is it going to stop, if it don't stop soon, i will be angry, and mother nature wont like me when im angry...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 2nd, 2011, 10:56 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:The storm was Wednesday night... I live right in the middle of Alabama (literally; the direct center of the state is two miles from where I live.)

My mom was at work the other night and met someone who went to Alabama state---they had a deadly tornado go across the campus and a lot of people got killed so they canceled classes for the rest of the sememster! I hope you're OK up there in Alabama, Tiptup! :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » May 2nd, 2011, 11:11 am

Alabama got it the worst, poor state, but anyways i live in Kentucky, the mountainy places, so there is a less chance of tornadoes doing that much damage if it tried to hit in Kentucky, i think it has hit in Kentucky, but not in the places i live in, just keep your finders crossed and maybe it will eventually go away, god have mercy on the south, and the rest of the USA.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 2nd, 2011, 11:58 am

Yeah man, can't believe it. I thought tornados would be more common in Kansas but that's probably a stereotype. But tornados and mobile homes and no stereotype, no-siree!

Lucky you, Markster. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » May 2nd, 2011, 12:28 pm

I wish you all good luck on the tornadoes, because most states don't have mountains.

Thats all im going to post about the tornadoes for now, bye...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 2nd, 2011, 1:21 pm

Haha, thanks Markster. :)

I think I figured out what they really meant by 'random thoughts':

They mean---"Hey, say something weird and we'll expand the topic! :D"
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » May 3rd, 2011, 7:28 am

This is my 150th post that still exist, i have deleted a few post before.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Phyreburnz » May 3rd, 2011, 7:56 am

I have an art show this thursday! Yay!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 3rd, 2011, 12:40 pm

Hey, I've got a Twilight Trivia Quiz and a project due! :D We have something in common! :3 Congrats!

EDIT: I wonder if Tiptup's OK...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 3rd, 2011, 3:28 pm

Yeah I'm fine, everyone. Thank you though. :3
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby HavocReaper48 » May 4th, 2011, 6:13 am

So it's finally nice out consistently for once at my state....

Aaaaand, my allergies want me dead. Coughing, red eyes, stuffy nose and everything. I feel like crap :|
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » May 4th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Yeah I'm fine, everyone. Thank you though. :3

Yay! :D The reason I worry is because my mom said she met someone in a bar who went to Alabama state and they had a deadly tornado across the campus. It killed a lot of people so they canceled classes for the rest of the semester. I heard that and got worried because you said that you live in Alabama...

And don't worry HavocReaper48. The same thing happens to my algebra teacher every now and then.

I'm happy we finally had a day without tornados or tornado warnings (yesterday) and a day without bad weather(today)!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes