The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Kiddy14 » December 10th, 2010, 11:52 am

Video.
Cannot unhear.
Also, not really worth it for the YT thread.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Chibisai Kong » December 11th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Gay people have feelings too... :'(

I wonder what would happen if a gay guy played 'The Game of Life'?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » December 12th, 2010, 4:21 am

Ok, I work at a library... no one is here... well, there's one person using the computer... I'm still here for another two hours... AND I'M SOOOO BORED!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » December 12th, 2010, 5:26 am

Heh, so I started an "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer" forum topic like the one on here on the NIWA forums in late November:

http://www.niwanetwork.org/forums/index.php?topic=589.0

...and it has TWELVE pages worth of replies as of now.

Edit: 13.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Blaziken257 » December 15th, 2010, 2:01 am

So, I discovered this randomly from some other forum... when DKCR was released in Australia, someone from Nintendo set up a real life banana hoard! Here's a picture of it:

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2010/12/02/d ... nana-pile/

That's kinda funny to see... if I were to see a real banana hoard like that, complete with a sign, I'd totally freak out. In a good way.

I didn't know where to post this, so I decided to mention this here O_o
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Phyreburnz » December 16th, 2010, 9:35 am

So... I don't know why I didn't look before... but I just liked DKC Atlas on facebook. So if anyone wants to friend me, they can.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby DKCplayer » December 17th, 2010, 10:07 am

I just went to buy an advertised Wii bundle that came with several games, including Donkey Kong Country Returns. They had everything there except DKCR! Apparently, the store wasn't given copies of the game. They asked my if I'd like a Michael Jackson game instead, which I kindly rejected (not that I have anything against the pop star).

At a shop in a nearby city, they are out of copies, but will save me a copy with the bundle for when I go over on Sunday. I hope it's there. I really want to play that game! :x
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby CaptainEddie » December 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am

There are plenty of copies all over where I live.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Phyreburnz » December 23rd, 2010, 11:27 am

I'm going on vacation tomorrow! I'm sooooo excited! However, I won't be able to go on the forum for a week :'(
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 10th, 2011, 3:11 am

Ok, so, I beat DKCR a few days ago and...
Spoiler!
The final boss is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easy. Super Easy. He's on par with Very Gnawty, just so predictable, I mean, what a bummer.... a true DKC final boss takes >15 sacrifices to the balloon gods on the first try as opposed to like 5.

Also, Phyreburnz, how was your vacation?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » January 10th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Maybe it's because I was playing in co-op but I actually found the last boss somewhat difficult. The attack in the first phase where he claps his hands together I found to be almost unavoidable.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Phyreburnz » January 11th, 2011, 9:48 am

Havocreaper: My vacation was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had soooooo much fun! I went to Seattle! Such an awesome city!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 11th, 2011, 11:04 am

Gnawzooka wrote:Maybe it's because I was playing in co-op but I actually found the last boss somewhat difficult. The attack in the first phase where he claps his hands together I found to be almost unavoidable.

Just run to the far edge when he puts his hands on either side, and jump on top of the hand. On a side note you can avoid it with a very well timed team-up jump.

Phyreburnz wrote:Havocreaper: My vacation was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had soooooo much fun! I went to Seattle! Such an awesome city!

Cool. I myself usually take camping trips with my family as opposed to vacations :P
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Kiddy14 » January 13th, 2011, 4:27 am

I'm freezing, it's been 2 degrees Celsius here since morning D=
To think yesterday night we were at 25 °C.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Phyreburnz » January 13th, 2011, 6:51 am

HavocReaper48 wrote:Cool. I myself usually take camping trips with my family as opposed to vacations :P

I love going on camping trips! I live more out in the country, so it's neat going to the city sometimes. This kind of vacation was a first for me, though. I went alone. It was kinda scary flying by myself, but it was neat at the same time. My sister lives in Washington, so I went to go see her.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 24th, 2011, 1:23 am

Well I just deactivated my Facebook. effing sick of that crap. The only thing I regret is that there were some pretty cool like pages I was a fan of, but I could still look at them without having an actual Facebook account. Also there were a billion Open ID sites that I used Facebook to log into, soo. Whatever.

EDIT: Kay on second thought I reactivated it, but I'm not updating my status/commenting on anything.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » January 24th, 2011, 7:49 am

My gecko is dead.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby HavocReaper48 » January 24th, 2011, 7:59 am

I have a renewed interest in Pokemon, thanks to this $5 used game "Pokemon Colosseum" I got.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 25th, 2011, 2:38 am

Jomingo wrote:My gecko is dead.

D:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Phyreburnz » January 25th, 2011, 7:57 am

Awe! I'm sorry, Jomingo. :'(
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby jam36es » January 31st, 2011, 1:25 pm

I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler!
LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Newcomer

Postby Blaziken257 » February 4th, 2011, 12:54 pm

Wow I've been so busy that I haven't been on this site in like 3 weeks... and of course I've been stressed partly because of that (although I've been feeling better lately). So... what did I miss? Anything?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 4th, 2011, 1:19 pm

Blaziken257 wrote:Wow I've been so busy that I haven't been on this site in like 3 weeks... and of course I've been stressed partly because of that (although I've been feeling better lately). So... what did I miss? Anything?

Oh boy, did you miss it. The greatest thing to ever happen to this site ever. How did you not notice it?! It isn't like the first thing you notice? I mean, really... I'll just give some time to guess, exactly what you missed, since it's practically given away, take a glance around.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 5th, 2011, 10:38 am

Well, this is the Random Thoughts Topic . . . anyone wanna follow me on iTunes Ping? I'll follow back!

http://c.itunes.apple.com/us/profile/id404578203
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 11th, 2011, 11:50 pm

God dammit guys I've had tinnitus since last night and it's not going away. DON'T sit there and listen to 35 minutes of loud music!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 13th, 2011, 8:12 am

*Silence.*

I've gotcha beat dude! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 13th, 2011, 3:06 pm

FINALLY beat Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max's World Tour mode! Try facing two final bosses at once with unlimited super combo gauges for them... and they LOVE to use the attack which engulfs the screen and takes out half your health, at the same time or four times consecutively after each other, just crazy. And they spam teleports and fireballs... Good thing there's the option to set the "select" button to a special attack.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Chibisai Kong » February 14th, 2011, 9:41 am

I almost got thrown off the tailgate of a truck earlier! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Phyreburnz » February 15th, 2011, 12:44 pm

I'm absolutely irate right now. I've just ended a friendship of about... 7 years. Perhaps I'll write something in the letters part of the forum... :evil:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 15th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Today at school the weirdest thing happened. Wait, let me rephrase that: above average weirdness. I saw my own semi-doppelganger!

A group of seniors were passing by my table at lunch today and my friend points out one of them to me as they pass by. From the side, this kid looked almost EXACTLY like me! From the side it seemed I found my doppelganger. Although, he was about my height -- which I would of probably been taller than by the time I was his age. Later on I saw the rest of his face and then the resemblance just went away pretty quickly. But from the side? ME!

It's kinda odd to know people can have doppelgangers and semi-doppelgangers, you know?
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » February 17th, 2011, 2:57 pm

Okay, so this is a bit complicated to explain... In my sociology class, we're doing a budget. It's nothing really that big, but I'm not too great with numbers... I'm sometimes a bit dyslexic with numbers. I messed up on something, and my teacher saw it and told me that I was more incorrect than I was.

I asked how that happened, and I explained myself and here's what he sent me:
You got your taxes wrong, I do not have to prove anything I am the IRS. You still shorted me on your first month tax return, so pay the $1,000 and I am increasing the fine to $600 dollars for making me work harder.

Fun, fun, fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Kiddy14 » February 19th, 2011, 6:39 am

HavocReaper48 wrote:I saw my own semi-doppelganger!

My friends and I realized we had doppelgangers when we got into our second year of preparatory (high) school. A new group of kids out of secondary (middle) school entered my school, and I can count 5 kids who are like doppelgangers to us (or are we to them?).
It got worse when we also noticed they're nothing like us in terms of personalities (except for mine).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Phyreburnz » February 20th, 2011, 6:10 am

I finally get to wear my Chucks again! Winter is nearly over! :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 20th, 2011, 11:42 am

Hey, does anyone here believe in evolution?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » February 20th, 2011, 4:30 pm

You mean evolution as in natural selection? Most definitely.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Simion32 » February 20th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Gnawzooka wrote:evolution as in natural selection?
*cough*Positive Selection*ahem*

But seriously, asking me you will get a context-sensitive answer depending upon the context of said question.

For instance, Darwinian evolution is complete and utter Bulls*** made up by someone who has way too much time to think. :roll:

Most evolution (if you want call it that) occurs in (very lengthy) cycles, and is a process that occurs at the quantum level. Oh, and I forgot to mention, this reality does not exist.

(must... resist... Matrix jokes...)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 21st, 2011, 2:02 am

Darwin observed MICROevolution, a process that we know for a fact does exist, however he sped up the process by drastically changing the environments of his subjects to attain a desired result. Plus the species would return to normal after a few generations. In other words, it wouldn't have happened quite as quickly or to such a high extent in actual nature.

In my opinion, though, macroevolution is nonsense as Simion said but I think you guys need to understand that ONE SPECIES CANNOT PRODUCE ANOTHER. It is completely scientifically unsound. Also, life did not just magically arise from a jumble of random cells billions of years ago. Believe what you want about God, etc. but lately I have been thinking about how ridiculous evolution truly is. I am offended that it is taught in schools across the world.

*Plus, it is also a fact that NO WRITTEN HISTORY exists before approximately 4,000 BC. Evolutionists would like people to believe that humans magically developed the ability to draw, write, build architecture and use tools at this point, despite already being around for hundreds of thousands of years. I think the idea that this universe has an intelligent Creator is much more plausible, as well as scientifically sound. That is all.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 21st, 2011, 3:21 am

I finished watching the movie "Spirited Away" for like the third time yesterday. Such an awesome movie, it's my favorite animated movie, I recommend you guys watch it (just Goggle "Watch Spirited Away" if you haven't seen the movie, it is worth two hours of your life).
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » February 21st, 2011, 5:00 am

The evolution thing, I think you guys are missing the point.... No one species cannot produce another. Evolution happens over time. And of course it happens. Ever hear of dinosaurs, saber-toothed cats, or wooly mammoths? They are extinct, but gradually over time, they changed to create today's animals. No it's not instantaneous, that's insanity. It happens over time. It takes a LONG time; not a matter of years, either... more like hundreds of years, or even longer.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Simion32 » February 21st, 2011, 5:25 am

Phyreburnz wrote:They are extinct, but gradually over time
No. The dinosaurs just "disappeared" in what most scientists consider to be a "natural catastrophe". But that's bullcrap too. The upgraded vibrations at the quantum level did not support the life forms known as the dinosaurs (this was the end of one of those cycles) and therefore they just all dropped dead. No asteroids, no cataclysm, no drought/natural disaster/what-have-you. It happened due to a change in the source field (to use David Wilcock's term for this).

Tiptup Jr. wrote:(...) I think the idea that this universe has an intelligent Creator is much more plausible, as well as scientifically sound. That is all.
>> Divine Cosmos <<
Seriously, as if I haven't plugged that site here enough... go read up! :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » February 21st, 2011, 5:32 am

Simon, there was a crater in Mexico (I believe) that dated around the dissappearance of the dinosaurs. I think there was something. There is evidence in the soil layers. But something had to survive. If nothing survived, how could anything be living here now? It just doesn't make sense. And, to let you know, I do believe that something had to create everything. I am agnostic, because I just don't know... but that's beside the point. I believe in a higher power, but everything didn't just appear as it is today, that is just insanity. We know for a fact that there were these other creatures, and they evolved over time.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Simion32 » February 21st, 2011, 5:35 am

I'm not saying the dinosaurs never existed in the first place. What I'm saying is that they didn't die off (not counting the evolution) because of a disaster or such. They died off because of the energetic cycles which are driving evolution/etc in the first place.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Phyreburnz » February 21st, 2011, 5:40 am

There's evidence in the soil of a meteorite. IThere is a crater, too, off the Yucatan penninsula that's 10 Km across.

Here's a link for what I've found. It's pbs's website
Spoiler!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/extinction/dinosaurs/asteroid.html
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Simion32 » February 21st, 2011, 5:58 am

OK, but my overall point (source field driving cyclical evolution) still stands. The asteroid, even if there was one, is an inclusive.

In other words, the die-off was going to happen one way or another.

The same kind of die-off happened in several-thousand-year cycles in which certain species die off and new ones rise (evidence from the fossil record shows this). The changes all occur within relatively short periods of time.

I can't remember all the details, but seriously, go look at David Wilcock's free books and material etc. Specifically this video (I think that was the video, anyway). It's where I'm pulling most of this info from - and I don't bother to remember every single little detail, just the overall picture.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » February 21st, 2011, 6:46 am

OK, so you guys are saying you believe in one kind of evolution and not another or something, so it's kinda hard to understand what you actually believe in (because I'm barely conscious right now). So in order to clarify, do you guys think that humans evolved from lower apes at some point in the past?

I do. Evolution as it's taught in schools has been all but proven at this point. All the evidence suggests that that's whats going on. It's a very simple idea really: our DNA allows for a lot of variance in genetic traits. So, when an animal has a few offspring, they are going to all exhibit some minor differences. Occasionally, those differences will make them more suitable to survive. For instance, let's say there is a mouse that lives in the desert where the ground is covered in black rocks. That mouse may have the genes to produce black furred offspring. So let's say that it has a litter of babies, and one of them has black fur. The one with black fur is more likely to survive because it just happens to get lucky genetically and be the same color as the rocks, allowing it to hide from aerial pray much easier while it's siblings get killed more easily. The mouse would then go and have it's own offspring, however these have a much higher likelihood of being black furred because the parent mouse has black fur. Give it ten generations and all the mice in the desert will be black furred.
Take that same principle, and multiply it by a thousand years. Every minuscule little difference in it's genetics could potentially change what an animal looks like and acts like. Animals don't just choose to change, they just get a lucky and completely random difference at birth that is in the species DNA (and thus predictable) that just so happens to help them out in life. Dinosaurs become birds, monkeys become humans, life goes on.

Oh, and yeah, Dinosaurs kinda did die by a giant disaster. They literally found the crater and everything.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 21st, 2011, 8:06 am

http://www.evolutionisstupid.com/

Numerous non-religious arguments about why evolution is impossible. Most of my opinions more or less line up with his, so just read that. Be enlightened. And no Jomingo, evolution is far from proven my friend.

Also please like this page it is the greatest video game character ever: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim/195397797152137
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby HavocReaper48 » February 21st, 2011, 1:38 pm

Heh, I just started a forum like the "Endless cheat to unlock DK in DKC2" one here. Instead it's Luigi in SM64.

Linky
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » February 21st, 2011, 3:20 pm

Evolution proof, right here.
http://www.truthinscience.org.uk/site/c ... ew/127/65/
Before the industrial revolution, a certain species of moth was white as well as the trees it lived on. After the industrial revolution, the trees turned dark, as did the moth.

And I have to say Tiptup, I don't like reading obviously biased articles. Calling Darwin stupid over and over makes this article look pretty invalid.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Gnawzooka » February 21st, 2011, 7:59 pm

For someone who claims to have been well educated there are a lot of things he says that show a lack of understanding of the subjects he claims to have studied. I may formulate more detailed responses to it later when I'm not so tired, but honestly if you actually view this article in a positive, serious manner there probably isn't any point.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes