DKCLB Custom Level Ideas

The dream tool of any hardcore DKC player, the DKCLB aims to make editable in unison all elements from the original DKC Trilogy, and allow customization of it all, too! Powered by the Delta Suite.

Re: DKC Custom Level Ideas

Postby Simion32 » May 12th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Name: Deepfreeze Dungeon (Crucible Castle Basement)
Archetype: Ice Fortress (the new Fortress theme, with ice)
Music: In a Snowbound Land
Special Effects: Ice on the terrain, Transparent Water
Gimmicks: Level is flooded with cold water and its floor covered with ice, making maneuvering difficult. Many puzzles.
Simion32_DeepfreezeDungeon.png
Diddy Kong blasts into another of the many puzzle-based sections in this dank, chilly level.
Simion32_DeepfreezeDungeon.png (46.23 KiB) Viewed 104910 times

After braving the lava outside, the Kongs find the only accessible entrance, which leads into the castle's basement. Since Crucible Castle is actually stationed atop a mountain in an icy world, the extremes of the external environment have put the basement - which has no lava to speak of - under an eternal deep-freeze. Here the terrain is slippery, and the Kongs will have to solve many small puzzles in order to navigate through the level.

There are multiple paths that can be taken here, and you will meet up with Clapper, who can freeze the water so that you may progress further through the level. The water will stay frozen for quite a while after you have given Clapper the command, though, which can actually hinder you in getting through some of the more timing-based puzzles.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Scraps69 » May 12th, 2010, 2:43 pm

Hehehe, there's a perfect template for that in the ice world stage in DKC1. I think there'll be alot of 'sliding' puzzle aspects when we get to it. No water though :( unless we pull an enguarde again.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Simion32 » May 12th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Scraps69 wrote:I think there'll be alot of 'sliding' puzzle aspects when we get to it. No water though :( unless we pull an enguarde again.
Are you speaking with respect to DKC Reloaded? ...because all of the ideas I post here are strictly DKCLB-only (usually because of complex graphical effects). Just so you know. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Scraps69 » May 12th, 2010, 5:41 pm

oh right hehehe.

I was just scrolling through the last page a week or two ago and each post i thought 'impossible. next'. heh. okies. my bad heh.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby The Guy » May 17th, 2010, 10:27 am

A deep-sea level with fish with natural lights like angler fish would be interesting. While it may be near 100% dark you could still see where your enemies are.
Veteran Venturer

Postby The Guy » May 27th, 2010, 1:31 pm

And so I make another double post just because an idea came to me too late.

It's a level inspired by the Angel Island Zone of Sonic 3.

Name: Flaming Flora
Archetype: DKC1 jungle
BGM (for your information, background music): Something else, judging how the original theme of DKC1's jungles is too relaxed...
Palettes: Red, orange, yellow, black (It depends on the tiles and such...)
Gimmick: Little fires are everywhere and they can be put out.
Animal Buddies: Ellie
Enemies: Klobbers, Klumps (first half), Krushas (second half), Neckies (both varieties), Lockjaws, Puftups

Here, Donkey and Diddy Kong have to get across a jungle that's (as you should know) on fire. However, the flames in their path can be extinguished with new barrels full of water. Ellie is also hidden in the level, and she can be rode on to suck up some water that is accessible sometimes. After her No-Animal Sign there is a somewhat short part of the level that the Kongs must swim through.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Simion32 » July 15th, 2010, 3:08 am

Name: Oil Spill Chill
Archetype: DKC1 Corals, White
Music: Water World (DKC3)
Special Effects: Chem Plumes, Water HDMA
Gimmicks: Water contains thick plumes of pollution that the Kongs cannot withstand and must avoid.
Simion32_OilSpillChill.png
DK and Diddy explore the murky depths of the polluted icy river...
Simion32_OilSpillChill.png (53.64 KiB) Viewed 104853 times
*This has absolutely nothing to do with the recent real-life oil spill.*
*I had this idea far before those events transpired.*
...yeah, I've been sort of reluctant to post this idea since the recent events the played out, but I may as well go ahead and post it. :roll:

The idea here is that while Polluted Permafrost has oil frozen inside it, Oil Spill Chill is where the remainder of the factory's pollutants were dumped. This level is heavily polluted with thick plumes of oil and other harmful chemicals, decimating the environment. Only the most resourceful life forms can eke out a living here.

Unlike the oily water in Polluted Permafrost, this level has deadly plumes of oil and other chemicals that the Kongs cannot withstand for longer than a second - any longer exposure than that, and both Kongs in your party will suffocate, costing you a life. Despite being a water level, it is particularly fast-paced due to the fact that there are many places where you must utilize barrel cannons and even dodge struggling Croctopuses whilst avoiding the plumes of deadly chemicals.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Simion32 » July 31st, 2010, 11:36 am

Name: Deathmine Deepwater
Archetype: Deep Sea Floor (NEW)
Music: Aquatic Ambience
Gimmicks: Mine field. Some mines that can home in on you.
Simion32_DeathmineDeepwater.PNG
Enguarde is entrusted with leading DK through
K. Rool's treacherous underwater minefield.
Notice the Homing Mine with the K. Rool head.
Simion32_DeathmineDeepwater.PNG (87.36 KiB) Viewed 104829 times

I don't really have any long, drawn-out description for this level. The idea was rather spontaneous. :P
Spoiler!
The K. Rool head on the spiked ball was actually not entirely random:
spikeball_castlecrush_glitch.jpg
This single-frame glitch (found on YouTube) gave inspiration for this level.
spikeball_castlecrush_glitch.jpg (1.95 KiB) Viewed 104829 times
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » August 2nd, 2010, 11:15 pm

That's awesome!
Maybe you can make it so that the chains they're hooked to cannot be trespassable, but make the mine move (that'd need new physics, though), and create new puzzles where you need to move down the mine and cross before it gets back up
The visual effects look awesome, too.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » September 6th, 2010, 6:28 am

Name: Thrust Thunderworks
Archetype: DKC Factory & Walkways, Industiralized
Music: Rainy Turtloid Stage - Megaman X6 (with thunder/rain SFX)
Gimmicks: Heavy rain, some lightning, puzzles, maze elements.
Simion32_ThrustThunderworks.PNG
DK, looking into the factory depths:
"Where am I? What IS this place?!"
Simion32_ThrustThunderworks.PNG (45.35 KiB) Viewed 104786 times

Heavy rain thwarts visibility and lightning stops you in your tracks as you traverse a very puzzling industrial maze. This factory is rather unique, as it's partially outdoors on an island in the middle of a deep lake. It's almost constantly raining here, for unknown reasons. Perhaps exploring the abandoned factory may provide some clues as to what insane technology was being developed here...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Markster » September 10th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Here's an idea...

Name : Lakeside Lava
Archetype : Riverside
Palette : Lava Red
Music : Rocket Rush
Game : Donkey Kong Country 3

This level is gonna be hard, and its gonna have lava instead of water, the palette is going to be red, that's a little bit about the level I'm planning to make.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Markster » September 11th, 2010, 11:36 pm

I got another idea...

Name : Cliffside Rise
Archetype : Cliffside
Palette : Lava Red
Music : Hot Pursuit
Game : Donkey Kong Country 3

This level is going to have lava rising up, you got to get to the top before the lava burns you, there are going to be lots of barrel cannons in this level, some of the barrel cannons have timers on them, and its going to be kinda hard.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby jam36es » October 7th, 2010, 6:48 am

Name:ship crash trash
Archetype:DKC 2 ice (Clapper's Cavern ect.)DKC 2 ship
Music:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4QTyvdYNs
Special Effects:snow coming down from the sky
enemies:ice klobber (it will be in the make up your own enemies form soon)klump. gnawty.
Gimmicks:a ship crash into a land of ice. clapper is in lots of the level.
Newcomer

Postby Krow111 » October 13th, 2010, 12:30 pm

Name: Creepy Cart Ride
Archetype: DKC2 Coasters (Library)
Music: Haunted Chase
Enemies: Kackles, Zingers, Klomps, Kannons, Klobbers (red and black) and Kabooms
Gimmick: This level will be similar to Haunted Hall except much more difficult with the flickering light effect from Blackout Basement. There will also be Zingers in your way as you try to avoid the Kackles and collect the + barrels while dodging the - barrels. It will be similar to Mine Cart Madness in which you can jump out of your cart and fight enemies on platforms and such.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Simion32 » October 13th, 2010, 1:33 pm

I don't have the time to do concept screen shots at the moment, so I'll briefly list a few ideas I've had while NitroGUI has been in development:

Sunken Spelunking [DKC2 Ship] - You explore a sunken ship in a partially-submerged cavern at the bottom of a lake. The ship parts and floors are not level, and you will have to guide Rambi through the sections, utilizing his super-charge to jump huge gaps. You will be traversing the level back and forth, as some parts of the ship have been smashed up against the cavern walls, and the only way to get to them is via cannons.

Crafty Crevice Climb [DKC Crystal Cave] - Usually when trekking through the crystal caves, the Kongs are forced to take the Slipslide Ride route. Not this time. Crafty Crevice Climb is the alternate path that the Kongs usually cannot take due to the dangerous, steep walls in the area. Now they have Expresso on their side, and must use his abilities to navigate the cave. This level will put your flying and running skills with Expresso to the test, as there's more than just steep cliffs to worry about...

Aviary Assault Asylum [DKC Forest] - This level is home to many Assault Neckys, and you will have to continually dodge the dive-bombing Neckys and Barrel-Blast around and through their arrays of nuts to avoid being done in. You're going to have a tough fight, as this level is taller and much longer than the forests you've seen back in DKC. Hidden within the depths of the Asylum, a heavily guarded secret awaits...
(credit to VideoViking on a slight name change for this level)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Markster » November 21st, 2010, 3:22 pm

I came up with a level concept, it ain't the full level, its just half...

The level i came up with is Manky Madness, a hard level where there is lots of manky types, like the ones that throw TNT Barrels, enjoy ;)

http://www.4shared.com/photo/lluy1ykh/M ... dness.html
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby teh epicnes » November 26th, 2010, 1:11 pm

name: Theme Park Panic
type: DKC2 Carnival
music: DKC2 Disco Train
enemies: Basically any DKC2 land enemy, and Krashes. (AkA those kremlings that run into you in minecarts. Since it's a dkc2 level, they're on roller coaster cars instead.)
This is a carnival level like DKC2, but it's unique because most of it has nothing to do with the roller coaster, but there are some segments that have roller coasters.(The ones you can jump off of.) and those parts play like Target Terror.(where you hit the barrels to make the door open) I'll rip some sprites, and try to make a map of the level so you can see. (I'm ready for someone to say that this is a bad idea.)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby A7Penn » November 27th, 2010, 11:57 am

teh epicnes wrote:name: Theme Park Panic
type: DKC2 Carnival
music: DKC2 Disco Train
enemies: Basically any DKC2 land enemy, and Krashes. (AkA those kremlings that run into you in minecarts. Since it's a dkc2 level, they're on roller coaster cars instead.)
This is a carnival level like DKC2, but it's unique because most of it has nothing to do with the roller coaster, but there are some segments that have roller coasters.(The ones you can jump off of.) and those parts play like Target Terror.(where you hit the barrels to make the door open) I'll rip some sprites, and try to make a map of the level so you can see. (I'm ready for someone to say that this is a bad idea.)

I've heard worse. I actually kind of like the idea but for the roller coaster section try to think of something more unique that hasn't been used yet as opposed to just another target terror. There really does need to be a carnival level without the roller coaster because all sorts of cool things could be done at a carnival. There are so many potential levels to be made in a carnival setting.
Tourist

Postby Master clyde super » December 28th, 2010, 1:37 am

Sorry for the month long *B*U*M*P*, but I like your ideas!

AANNYY way, heres one:

NAME:Lava bop hop race
MUSIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZoln3tu ... re=related
THEME: DKC2 lava and ice
DESC.: You start up next to a giant wall with the lava rock things, and you must hop on Sqitter and climb the wall while avoiding Kannons. Then, hop on a kart and get going! Avoid the Krashes and ride through the lava (some of the tracks go in the lava, so jump!). Next, ride in the ice cave! You better hit Clapper, though, 'cause you don't want to sink in the ice cold water! Last, make sure to jump in the launch barrel or you'll hit a wall! The launch barrel shoots you over the wall to the end!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 2

Postby Crammalamma » January 15th, 2011, 11:03 am

Name: Severe Shipwreck
Music: Snakey Chantey
Archetype: A combination of Ship Deck, Ship Mast and Ship Hold
Special FX: Sunset, water
Concept: This level is a big shipwreck where you have to navigate through ships, masts, crates, barrels, and treasure chests. The Ship Hold archetype's elements also appear a lot in this level as items.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 9

Postby Granville » January 17th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Looks like water levels are in popular demand. I have to say, i do love those! I've got a new one of my own-

Level Name- Murky Musty Mine
Theme- A mostly flooded (and abandoned) mine. This mine was built right next to a lake, which eventually got larger as a result of more water feeding into it from the river. Blasting caused cracks, and later holes to form in the walls. The lake flooded the mine. Sea creatures entered into the cracks and have made the mine their new home. Even some land creatures have taken refuge, including some creepy ones who like dark and/or damp environments. The mine itself has a green tinted mossy look to it from all the water.
Music- Water World from DKC3. Mixed with parts from Misty Menace or Mining Melancholy, especially the metallic percussive beats in the background.
Gimmick- Darkness, and lit portions like Floodlit Fish
Animal Buddies- Glimmer as a friendly but non-crate creature, Enguarde
Enemy Candidates-
(underwater) Squidge, Lurchin, Flotsam, Lockjaw, Croctopus, Shuri, Chomps/Jr, Puftup
(above water) Kloak, Click-Clack, Neek, Slippa, Kritter, Klaptrap, regular and TNT Knocka (walking variety)
Archetype- Level foreground from DKC1's mine levels, and some tiles from the mine levels of DKC2. Water surface and rippling effects, dynamic brightness shifts. Two layers of background. Background from the cavern levels of DKC3 and erase the part that appears to be a hole like the dark blue space seen here- http://www.bghq.com/bgs/snes/d/dkc3/a735.png
Blue crystal mine background from Kannon's Klaim behind the edited DKC3 cave BG (though with darker colors to match the dark theme). If it didn't kill the game's framerate, i'd like to have a wavy mist like in Misty Mine when you're on dry land. But that might be impossible to do with all the other effects...
Design- Most of the level will take place underwater, with a couple dry land bits. As you swim down into the mine, i want a gradual darkening ala DKC1's day/night transition effects. Lanters up top are still dimly lit. But as you go deeper into the submerged mine, further away from the lanterns, it gets darker. Near the bottom, i want it to be as dark as Glimmer's Galleon. Even the surface is dimly lit (like Bouncy Bonanza). Glimmer will be there, but not following you. He will function the same as Gleamin' Bream from Floodlit Fish (DKC3). Small circle of light that expands when you get near him (no need to stab him). I'd like to see remnants of a mine cart track, unusable but rusted. Maybe some rusty overturned mine carts too.

I propose a new type of object for this level- glowing energy crystals. I'd probably take the four crystal sprites from DKC3's banana bird caves for this. The good news is that the closer you get to the crystal, the brighter the surrounding area gets due to the luminescence. But the bad news is if you get too close and end up touching the crystal, your Kong will be injured as it gives off harmful radiation. So it functions as a useful hazard. I might want to take the same bubble of light element and add it it Squidges too. They remind me of jellyfish, and some types of jellyfish give off a luminescent glow in the deep dark depths of the ocean. Having them travel around slightly lit up would be interesting. Again, same light bubble concept as Gleamin' Bream. And again, an enemy hazard.
Tourist

Postby RattleBattle » January 19th, 2011, 9:35 pm

I just Have ONE idea and ONE only.

It's a Frosty forest with ice Crystals sticking out on the side and it's in a Forest filled with a Beautiful blanket of Snow and the music is the Remix of Kannon's Klaim.
Tourist

Postby jam36es » January 31st, 2011, 1:18 pm

Name:jungle jumps
Music:jungle hijnx
Archetype:jungle
Special FX:sunset.
Animal Buddies:Rambi.
Concept:kinda like jungle hijnx with a little more platforming. it all takes place
in the jungle. with a little bit of water every now and then.

:P
Newcomer

Postby RattleBattle » June 5th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Here's one more.

NAME: Spooky Bramble Ship.

TERRAIN: Brambles, Pirate Ship.

Music: StickerBush Symphony.

Animal Buddies: Squitter, Squawks.

A Broken Part Ship filled with Snapjaw's in the water you must navigate your way though the ghostly Pirate Ship fighting off many Undead enemies. And try not too get you butt stung by Zingers and needles And go all the way to the top! (I had a Dream about this.)
Tourist

Postby Markster » June 10th, 2011, 4:11 am

I got another one...

Game : DKC3 Plus
Name : Wooden Floor Washup
Gimmick : Run away from the wave washing a way the floor of the Lake.
Archetype : Lake
Price : 50 Bear Coins

This level will appear in Lake Orangatanga as a Unlockable level in DKC3 Plus, which can only be unlocked using boomers Remote Bombs, coming to DKC3 Plus, the remote bomb will cost you 50 Bear Coins.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Donkey Kong Country Plus

Postby Scraps69 » July 9th, 2011, 10:17 am

Simion32 says: I moved this valuable post here for future reference before another topic's deletion.

Sounds like a decent idea :). Why not add additional levels in the current worlds?

Jungle Hijinx
Jungle: EXpress Flying Mess (Jungle with expresso)

Mines
Jumping Jammers (mine cart)

Vine:
Silicon Snake Valley

Gorilla:
Hot Ice Climb (or icey and firey) (cave with fire oil barrels)
Clashing Steel Feel (mine cart snow)

Kremkroc:
Fake Fruit Bonanza (factory with lots of bananas)

Caves:
Black Hole Jump (another dark squawks stage. But insead of going right, or up... you go down).
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby asmodeus » July 17th, 2011, 9:06 am

Simion32 wrote:Name: Deathmine Deepwater
Archetype: Deep Sea Floor (NEW)
Music: Aquatic Ambience
Gimmicks: Mine field. Some mines that can home in on you.
The attachment Simion32_DeathmineDeepwater.PNG is no longer available

I don't really have any long, drawn-out description for this level. The idea was rather spontaneous. :P

Hey, I'm quite fascinated of the ideas and the made pictures, you discuss here ^^ Escpecially of that one above, and I thought, it would be cool having that background with some 3D effect, just like in DKC 1 or 2.

As I'm currently learning how to program for the Nintendo DS, I challenged myself by doing that 3D effect there (without any real 3D!), and I have a nice result! See here:
screenshot.png
Screenshot
screenshot.png (13.72 KiB) Viewed 104212 times

Okay, that screenshot is not very convincing... so please download the attached rom (what I have 100% programmed myself!) and tell me what you think ^^
Underwater.zip
(277.19 KiB) Downloaded 1089 times

The archive also includes the two image files on which apply the 3D effect. Note that you also have to download an emulator (or get certain hardware for the ds) to run it. I use DeSmuMe.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jeff_Ray Barrels » July 27th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Name: Streamside Slide
Archetype: DKC3 forest
BGM: Either Enchanted Riverbank or Stilt Village.
Gimmick: Streams that pushes any object in the direction of its flow.
Animal Buddies: Ellie

The level takes place in a water-filled forest containing several streams which will hinder the Kongs in the several platforming sections they will come across, as well as try to push them into puddles of water containing Nibblas. Zingers placed along the streams will provide some platforming challenges for the player. There will also be a few barrel cannon segments near the middle and the end of the level. These barrel sections will involve some puzzles in which you must bounce off an enemy to make it across a water pit.
Tourist

Postby DKdonkeyboy » August 10th, 2011, 7:12 am

i have idea

fish fested feast
gimmicks:water infested with nibblas.
animal buddies:ellie,engarde.
music:enchanted river back(dkc3)
enemys:krittersx12 ,nibblasx3,krimpx5 and zingerx6
Newcomer

Postby Simion32 » September 11th, 2011, 7:29 am

Name: Hotfire Hold
Archetype: Ship Hold at Night
Music: Lockjaw's Saga
Gimmicks: Enemies are armed to the brim, barrel cannon sequences.
Simion32_HotfireHold.png
Simion32_HotfireHold.png (38.74 KiB) Viewed 104067 times

The Kongs decided to invade one of the Kremling ships at night, however as they venture into the moonlit hold, they're up for an ambush of cannonball-sized proportions. You'll continually be dodging shots of all kinds, and sometimes even the ammunition themselves are enemies too!

Name: Mass Kass
This is another ship level, though I have no concept image for it. The name "Kass" refers to a new water enemy.
The name is inspired by a dream I had, and supposedly in the dream Mattrizzle was the one who devised the level name which was (for some reason) featured on a webpage that was playing an ultra-realistic version of Lockjaw's Saga.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Ninni973 » September 11th, 2011, 10:02 am

I've got one.

Name:Flaming Wildfire.
Terrain: Forest (DKC)
Gimmick: Fire that burns you if you touch it.
Special effects: Red sky.
Music: Fear Factory.

This level takes place in a forest where the Kremlings set it on fire.
You have to dodge the fire, and to hinder your progress, Kritters, Klaptraps, Krushas, and Neckys.
One touch from fire, and you'll lose a Kong, so be careful.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Phyreburnz » November 21st, 2011, 4:39 am

Sorry for the major bump, but I just have to get this idea out there.
Winky's Waterworks
Winky should be put into a level with a swamp archetype. It just seems right to have a frog in a swamp. I also have a few ideas to make it more interesting. Winky should be able to shoot his tongue out and eat the bug enemies like dragonflies. It would also be neat for him to be able to swim at the surface of the swamp water. It wouldn't be an underwater level, more like in DKC3 where Ellie can swim on the surface but not underwater.
Vine Snap Trap
It would also be neat to have a jungle level that almost all vines and treetop town platforms. The vines should only give you a limited amount of time before they snap!
Krumbling Karnage
In a DKC3 pipe level, the floors and walls are rusted. In particularly rusty places, the floor should fall. In certain places, the floor is rusted for a distance and you have to run fast as the floor falls behind you.
*EDIT* I just thought of a better name for the Winky level: Bullfrog Bog.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Ninni973 » November 22nd, 2011, 12:48 pm

I've got some more ideas.

Name: Ewok Treewok
Archetype: DKC Treetop
Gimmicks: Kremlings dressed as Siths with Lightsabers.
Special Effects: Blue background color.
Info: You think this is an average Tree Top Town level, right? But you're wrong! The Kongs find themselves in Endor. During the very beginning of the level, you'll find a lightsaber. Use the roll button to attack! This would be a pretty cool level.

Name: Tidal Lake
Archetype: DKC3 Lake
Gimmick: Giant waves that'll wash away the Kongs.
Special Effects: Stormy sky.
Info: The level will play very similar to Tidal Terror from DKC Returns, only you'll use the houses to prevent you from getting washed away.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby R@ttleB@ttle2 » November 25th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Hey, guys this is RattleBattle sorry for being gone for so long (not like any of you cared.) But I'm back and here's a level I recently dreamed of.

Mining Brambles.
Spoiler!

PICTURE IS SO PRETTY.
Newcomer

Postby Simion32 » November 26th, 2011, 7:20 am

.jpg.png
Come on... just no. We want PNGs here.

Also, the quality of your image sucks. NEVER use JPG for SNES graphics. EVER. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Qyzbud » November 26th, 2011, 5:09 pm

Guys, it's a little harsh to pick on someone just for their choice of image format. I agree that PNG is a superior format for SNES graphics, but a friendly reminder would suffice. After all, it's the concept that's most important in an 'ideas' topic.

Hey wait a minute, isn't this 'level idea' just the Bramble Scramble terrain with a different background? :| I'm not sure I understand the point of such an 'idea'... so hopefully the picture DOESN'T say it all. Care to share some more of your custom level ideas for 'Mining Brambles'?

Also, R@ttleB@ttle2 (RattleBattle), you are not to register multiple accounts. This is against our site policy. Please see my PM.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby The Banana Bird » November 27th, 2011, 1:34 am

A level idea? Hows this sound?
Name: Neckys Nest
Archetype: DKC2 Bramble Levels
Music: Forest Frenzy (DKC), After throwing the egg it turns to the song on Stampede Sprint.
Description:You at first alnd in a nest and you have to throw a egg, then LOTS of neckys and mini neckys are angry and start coming from everywhere. There should be nests were they are perched here and there on the brambles. There are going to be normal neckys that fly around shooting nuts down at you. At some points there will be vines to climb were mini neckys will fly up and down. Last thing about it? When you get to the top there will be a big open area with tons of vines, Master Necky will appear at the sides of the screen! You need to climb the vines toward him and keep jumping on his head about 5 times while tons of neckys fly across the screen! After he faints, you have one the level! That idea of the assault necky should be used from Simions sprite.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby The Banana Bird » November 27th, 2011, 1:36 am

Im not sure if this is a good idea or not but I think this seems fine.
Level Name: Creepy Castle
Archetype: DKC2 castle
Music: Haunted Hall
Description: This haunted castle atop a valcano, in a snowy wonderland is filled with ghosts and lost baddies! The level consists of climbing many ghost ropes, many kloaks and even a part at the end when you get up to a minecart where you need to go through a gate and when it opens, a kackle chases you down the track. As you do, you must manuever ghost mini neckys, from Creepy Krows boss fight by jumping over them. Here and there are some purple klampons and kritters walking back and fourth. One part consists of using rattly to jump up to high areas. In this castle you can hear the wind from from the blizzard outside. Gnawtys are walking around too, lost after they walked through the couple of small holes in the walls were you can see a snowy backround. There are not alot of holes in the walls though.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby R@ttleB@ttle2 » November 27th, 2011, 3:44 am

@ Markster & Simion.

Well, sorry for Resizing it. PNG is the only format I use in my editing.

@Qyzbud I didn't have the Kannons klaim back ground format in PNG style. then I would have had more. >_>

Navigate your way through the level Avoiding Baddies and the vines.
Newcomer

Postby Ninni973 » November 27th, 2011, 7:12 am

I have more.

Name: Dryhot Desert
Terrain: Desert (NEW!)
Music: Zelda: Skyward Sword - Earth Temple
Gimmick: Sandstorms in some locations. Quicksand.
Info: This is a level terrain that has NEVER been in the DKC trilogy: the desert! The Kongs will encounter Kritters, Krushas, Zingers, and some Skorphians, a new enemy only found in deserts. Sometimes the Kongs will fall into quicksand. To get out, they must jump multiple times. Sandstorms will touch down and suck up or send the Kongs to a high place.

Name: Treetop Climb
Terrain: DKC Treetown & DKC3 Tree
Music: A mix of Treetop Tumble and Treetop Rock.
Gimmick: Sticky sap.
Info: This is mostly a mix of the DKC Tree Top Town and DKC3 Tree terrains. The Kong climb up the trees using sticky sap. Sometimes they will take a break from climbing by exploring Tree Top Towns. Then they will climb the trees again. The level ends when they explore the Tree Top Towns again.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Phyreburnz » November 27th, 2011, 11:00 am

It would be cool if there were holiday levels.
I only have a few right now in my head.
Halloween: DKC2 spooky forest with ghost ropes all through it and ghost Neckys. Little jack-o-lanterns light the way (its dark out, by the way :P). Kackle is in the background floating around. It would be cool somebody could make DKC versions of the DK64 enemies in Creepy Castle, like the Kremlings with sheets over their heads.
Christmas: DKC3 snow level with lights around the roofs and have the Christmas cheat thing with the Christmas bonus music and collecting bells and coloured stars. It would also be cool if instead of climbing ropes there would be strings of lights.
4th of July (yeah, it would only be 'important' to Americans, but I wanted to get the idea out nonetheless) : you're in a field that's covered in blankets. Fireworks go off in the background. You collect stars instead of bananas. Maybe have glow stick vendors in the background.
I know they're not that great of ideas, but it could be fun.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby R@ttleB@ttle2 » November 27th, 2011, 1:37 pm

Those ideas are Awesome.
Newcomer

Postby Phyreburnz » November 29th, 2011, 11:04 pm

This one might be about impossible to do.
Name: Tik Tok Klok
Music from Haunted Hall
This level would take place inside of a giant, haunted clock. The only way this could be done, I think, is if an interior from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was used. There's part of the game where there are giant gears and cogs on which Alucard jumps. The inside of the clock could have good gears (those you can jump on) and bad gears, probably mincers (obviously, which you cannot touch). The clock would be filled with ghost ropes, ghost mini Neckys, and mini Kackles (you can jump on him or hit him with a barrel to kill them, basically just like a regular Kremling).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 3rd, 2012, 7:00 am

Name: Buggy Battle
Archetype: Underground (NEW)
Music: GBA version of Misty Menace
Special Effects: New underground area, new enemies and a green mist effect.
Gimmicks: This level is a burrow underneath a snowy area. The bugs like to hide down here....lots of them. Green, poisonus fumes surround the burrow. Zingers, Knick Nack, Click Clack, Buzzez, Flitters, Rollys, Biz and Skops live in the hole. Rollys are like Armys, except they are giant Rolly Pollys. Biz is a water bug that swims in the water part at the end of the level. He can grab you and you have to break from his grip before your kong dies. Skop is a type of scorpian that can only be rolled into and charges at you when you are near. This level contains lots of rope bridges and cave platforms over pits to help you. The water part has glimmer to help you under the water. Nids help you up to high spots in the level. This level will have many gimmicks done with the Zingers, Buzzes and Rollys done to drive you into things!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Tailikku » January 3rd, 2012, 9:40 am

Alright this one kinda cheats a bit:

Name: Jungle Japes
Archetype: DKC Jungle / DKC2 Mine / DKC Walkway
Music: Simian Segue (Jungle Theme, not the Map theme) / Life in the Mines / Minecart Madness
Special Effects: Multiple Weather effects (Dawn, Dusk, Rain), multi-tiered
Gimmicks: A 2D remake of the opening world of Donkey 64, this level is where DK and Diddy must rescue Dixie from the klutches of the Kremling Krew. The level starts off at dawn in a palm grove populated by Zingers, Gnawties, and Armies. After going through the first cave, which has the signs of Klaptrap infestation all over it, the large central area in the middle of the afternoon appears. This is where some of the more recognizable members of the Kremling Krew appears in the form of Kritters (wearing tattered brown pants and a biker jacket), Klumps, and Krushas. In this area you can take the high road to rescue Dixie or the low road to use Rhambi. Taking the high road leads to the mines where you must make your way into the mineshaft. The mines are guarded by Klumps, Krushas, and Rock Krocks and are eager to spoiler your hopes of ever saving Dixie. Upon reaching the mineshaft, you must board a minecart in order to save your friend. But you're not alone in your carts as a club wielding Krash is ready to knock you down. Once you complete the ride you are sent to the caves of the low road, now with Dixie in your party. The caves are the place where you find Rhambi and you can use him in the next area, which is in the middle of a monsoon. The monsoon section is populated by Gnawties of every size and both varieties of Krushas. After the monsoon, the level is complete!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 12

Postby The Banana Bird » January 7th, 2012, 10:46 am

Name: Bear Boomtown
Archetype: Cave Town (NEW)
Music: Cavern Caprice
Special Effects: A red tint affect, Clear cyrstals in the backround, crystals on ceiling.
Gimmicks: This level is in a new cave town, a large cave that has many rocky huts in the backround and more caves. The enemys that appear here are Boomer Bears, Klap Traps, Brundle Bears, Tnt knockas, Kuchukas, Kluff n Cloats, Slippas, Manky Kongs, Icy Dillos, Armys, Zingers and Klumps. Boomer Bears are bears that have a bag of bombs that they chuck at you while they walk back and fourth, they follow you until you kill them and change their throwing range to get on target at you. They can only be killed by Dk or Kiddy jumping on them. Brundle bears are Big muscular bears that cant be killed unless you find a boomer bear to throw the bomb at them. Icy Dillos are Armys with ice colored shells, they freeze you when jumped on. The level will be processed through via elevators from "Elevator Antics", the giant crater at one point in the level must be traveled across using walkways that have been broken and frozen. Shortly after by the Conveyor Belts from "Trick Track Trek" and moving platforms.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby The Banana Bird » January 8th, 2012, 3:12 am

Name: Ruby River
Archetype:
River (NEW) plus Mine
Music: David Wises remix of Water World for the GBA soundtrack, Mining Melanchony in Mine and Boss Bossanova at Gnawty battle.
Special Effects: A tinted red water lake with shiny shards of rubys floating through the water, the borders are made of transparent red ruby. The mine part has a mist effect and water dripping through the ceiling.
Gimmicks: This level is a ruby mine that has been flooded and has had all its mine objects flooded out, becoming a river. The river is populated by Bitesizes, Chomps, Chomp Jrs, Lockjaws, Rockfish, Kocos, Nemos, Clambos, Shuris, Lurchins, Slindas and Craw. Rockfish are big fish that stay hidden in the rubys and come out when you pass them and slowly follow you. Slindas are underwater versions of slippas. Craw are shellfish that stay on the river floor and strecth their arms out to snap you. You have Engurarde to help you in a hidden area. In the cave you enter and hop out of the water surrounded by Bounty Bass. When you hop out you are in a red colored cave with rubys on the ceiling and water dripping through the ceiling. Here you must fight the Mad Mole Miners. There are Millbers, Molers and Mimpd. Milbers that drive drilling machines toward you that you must avoid, Molers are moles that rapidly swing their pickaxe up and down and walk fast, Mimpids are in strange looking spots and pop up and throw their hard hat and catches it, you must hit their head without the hardhat. After all this you go out and you come across a smaller Ruby River segment populated by red Bitsizes (mutated by the water). You find a large broken dam made of trees, there is one tree infested with Zinger, Gnawtys, Click Clacks and Bubs, small bears that must be knocked on its back and jumped on multiple times. When you reach the top you are in a big Woods section and Really Gnawty and Very Gnawty, along with Super Gnawty come to fight you. Super Gnawty is a white colored giant gnawty that jumps really high, fast and can bite you if you are to close and on the ground. This level is very hard and is actually my favorite level idea.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby The Banana Bird » January 14th, 2012, 1:38 pm

Hey guys, I came up with some ideas, here we go.
Bramble+Castle= This would look truly amazing, would seem hard at some parts
Coaster+Rainy= Would be as hard as a coaster level, and the rain effect makes it cooler.
Ice Cave+Walkway= A unique type of archytype that would be challenging at points.
Treetop Town+Treetops= A pretty cool looking design with barrel cannons finally getting an excuse to be in a Treetop level
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » January 14th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Chilly Castle
This would be an icy castle level with slippery floors. There would be water that could not be entered because it's too cold. Maybe that would be a good place for the buddy, Reppalc.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

PreviousNext

Return to DKC Level Builder