RareWiki - Editors wanted!

Working on your own project related to the Donkey Kong Country series?
This forum is your place to discuss fangames, artwork, stories and so forth which are DKC relevant.

Is the place good for you to join

Yes I guess i'll help
75%
Nah too busy other places
25%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 8

RareWiki - Editors wanted!

Postby Slipknot Darkrai » January 7th, 2011, 8:04 am

Hello users and guests of DKC Atlas I am the owner of rare.wikia.com and that place lacks articles with only about 315 total. That place can have many more with your help. In 2008 and 2009, that wiki only had something like 15 edits and in 2007, the MarioWiki team left and was created. I am creating articles and stuff there to get it in shape. It was created by Wayoshi on February 26, 2007 and you can join if you like. There is also some templates I created for the characters and there are many misspelled words, misspelled links, and some articles are possibly also copied from Wikipedia so help is really appreciated there and if you help, it can become like MarioWiki in the future. Thanks guys and remember please join!!!
Tourist

Re: RareWiki - Editors wanted!

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » January 9th, 2011, 9:04 am

As a Wikia member myself, I'm automatically a member of any Wikia ... so I don't need to join :P

I first joined the Rare Wiki back on June 15, 2008, and only did 2 edits on that day, and then another 2 in early February 2009. And somehow I forgot it existed, until a few hours ago, when I found the link on your talk page at Nintendo Wiki.

Here's the only contributions I've made :P
http://rare.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Cont ... imateKoopa

Compared to your 1,133 edits on RareWiki since November 2, 2010, I've only made 6 edits in 2.5 years since June 15, 2008 <_<.

I'm going to try and do as much as I can. Although most of the time, it'll be minor fixes, rather than full articles.
Also, because Rare are actually a British company, will it be written with British grammar?
For example, "colour" vs "color", etc?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » January 9th, 2011, 9:44 am

It actually would appear that Rare Wiki was the first wikia I ever joined. Heck it's the only one I can remember, that I joined in 2008. All the other ones I remember were either 2009 or 2010.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Slipknot Darkrai » January 9th, 2011, 10:17 pm

TheUltimateKoopa wrote:It actually would appear that Rare Wiki was the first wikia I ever joined. Heck it's the only one I can remember, that I joined in 2008. All the other ones I remember were either 2009 or 2010.

You're 2008 and 2009 edits were imported from another wiki. I did it to get the wiki started.
Tourist

Postby TheUltimateKoopa » January 10th, 2011, 3:08 pm

I was a bit confused, since I didn't remember joining that long ago, if at all >_>
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Slipknot Darkrai » January 10th, 2011, 11:01 pm

LOL... I think you can help the wiki out great hmm...
Tourist

Postby Krow111 » September 3rd, 2011, 6:53 am

I joined, so I'll be helping out.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Return to DKC Projects/Fanworks