Game Ending

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

Game Ending

Postby nickp17 » March 4th, 2008, 3:19 pm

I must say...

Spoiler!
I did'nt really like how Mr. Roolstein was "taken out" in this game. I didn't care to much for the whole bird side plot. But aside from that I think this is an amazing game. My 2nd fav. in the series.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Re: Game Ending

Postby Qyzbud » March 4th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Well I happen to think that...

Spoiler!
It was worthwhile coming up with something that... Creative... but a falling egg-shell is a bit anticlimactic. He's obviously left unharmed, as he's left peeking out in confusion. A far cry from the wonderful finale of DKC2, eh?
...so I must say I agree with you on that one.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby BlueTronic » March 5th, 2008, 12:08 am

Yeah. It goes from getting beat up on his own ship, to clogging a portal, to getting... an egg... dropped on him :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby cfh » March 5th, 2008, 7:08 am

DKC 3 as a whole felt more Kiddy (oh goodie it's a pun).
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » March 5th, 2008, 12:04 pm

Sheesh! You guys... you forgot to use spoiler tags. :o
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby cfh » March 5th, 2008, 12:08 pm

But has anyone here not seen the 103% ending? :|
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Qyzbud » March 5th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Great. Now they know you can get more than 100%, too. Real mature. :P
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 5th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Eh, It was kind of ill-advised for me to even post this so its partially my fault. But I really didn't break any rules.

PEOPLE REALLY NEED TO LOOKING INTO...

Spoiler!
Using a spoiler box!

Regardless if you liked the ending or not, it's still a incredible game.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 5th, 2008, 5:25 pm

DKC3 was my favourite in the series for a while due to nostalgic purposes - up until a while ago when I started playing the whole series through time after time. I probably like DKC2 the most now... but I'm not really sure.

Spoiler!
The ending was certainly a nice little laugh to see, but yeah, it wasn't exactly climactic or anything. Wonder what happened when Kiddy and Dixie decided they'd had enough of sitting on the egg? :/

Edit: Damnit, spoilers... however minor they may be. Whoops.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby cfh » March 6th, 2008, 6:43 am

Yeah, what kept K. Rool from
Spoiler!
just breaking out and blasting them away?
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 10th, 2008, 6:30 am

Donkey Kong Country 3 is my favorite game ever.

Spoiler!
I think he wasn't able to break the egg because the Queen Banana Bird put some kind of magical enchantment on it, but the ending could have been much better. Ah well, the whole thing was worth it to see Cranky water skiing. :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby nickp17 » March 10th, 2008, 10:38 am

haha well said ttj
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby CM August » March 14th, 2008, 8:17 pm

To my surprise, I don't mind the game being a fairly lighthearted affair in comparison to previous games. The same goes for DK64. It's strange, because there's obviously reason to be annoyed. I guess it still felt like a wholesome Donkey Kong experience, along with the way that humor was executed.

Spoiler!
I found it awfully cool that K. Rool used magic to seal away the Queen Banana Bird. In fact, the entire scope of his plans this time around was really impressive. He didn't just steal a stockpile of bananas or capture an ape: he brainwashed his greatest enemies to serve as mindless pawns in a bid to take over the world. Nobody was left to oppose him until Dixie and Kiddy came along. The greatest thing is that he accomplished all this without anyone even noticing.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Qyzbud » March 15th, 2008, 3:42 am

You make some good points... (especially in your spoiler!)

I think I've been looking at the shift of 'tone' from DKC2 to DKC3 the wrong way all this time. Sure the latter game was less dark, and perhaps a bit less atmospheric- why should that be a problem? It adds variety (both in content and tone) to the trilogy, and it still stays true to the design of the series. I guess the only reason I was ever wishing for something different was that I had set myself up to want a DKC2 2, rather than a DKC3.

I say DKC3 was less dark, but you mentioned a good point about how very sinister K. Rool's modus operandi was. Far moreso than ever previously...
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 16th, 2008, 4:27 am

I love king k. in this game! & I also love the fact its less dark.

Spoiler!
I cant get over the stupid ending though.
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » March 16th, 2008, 6:08 am

cfh wrote:But has anyone here not seen the 103% ending? :|

I haven't. :cry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby nickp17 » March 16th, 2008, 9:32 am

Neither have I
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Banjoster » March 16th, 2008, 11:06 am

I've seen it.:p
Tourist

Postby nickp17 » March 16th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Is it really worth completing all 103%?
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » March 16th, 2008, 1:39 pm

If you're not going to go for all banana birds, at least try collecting all of the bonus coins and DK coins...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 17th, 2008, 12:48 pm

Nick- my honest opinion is that every DKC game (on SNES) is worth completing in its entirety. Besides, the average gamer ought to be able to complete the trilogy over a lazy weekend. Well, maybe a few of the more well-hidden bonus rooms could make that tricky for anyone new to the games.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » March 17th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Nick- my honest opinion is that every DKC game (on SNES) is worth completing in its entirety. Besides, the average gamer ought to be able to complete the trilogy over a lazy weekend. Well, maybe a few of the more well-hidden bonus rooms could make that tricky for anyone new to the games.

Egh... especially that oh-so tricky one in Oil Drum Alley. Grrr...
I hope you know the one I'm talking about.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Qyzbud » March 17th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Indeed. Anyone could be forgiven for being stumped about that one. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nickp17 » March 22nd, 2008, 2:41 am

What are we speaking of?
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » March 22nd, 2008, 10:55 am

Kowbrainz wrote:that oh-so tricky [bonus area] in Oil Drum Alley.

AKA the 'bonus in a bonus' ...although it's a little off-topic from DKC3 game ending discussion.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » March 22nd, 2008, 11:45 pm

I haven't completed DKC3. I've gotten all the banana birds(that was the easy part), and I've gotten almost every DK coin, but I just haven't taken the time to do all the bonus levels. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that I've never felt it necessary. I have always had plenty of more important things to do(I'm a pretty priority oriented person), and the first ending is good enough for me. I have beaten all of DKC2, however, but those were simpler times in my life, when I had time to sit around and play games for as long as I pleased.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » March 23rd, 2008, 12:19 am

Er... what? You can't get all of the banana birds unless you have every single DK coin. And you can't get every DK coin unless you have all the bonus coins... :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 23rd, 2008, 10:02 am

I have 15, how many are there? I thought I had them all, I didn't know you needed DK coins to get any banana birds.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » March 23rd, 2008, 11:06 am

There are three that need to be collected after getting all the DK coins; it's only once you get all banana birds that you get to see the secret ending.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » March 24th, 2008, 4:44 am

Spoiler!
Oh, are these reached by this "gyrocopter" thing that Funky makes? I wouldn't know, as I've never gotten all the DK coins.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby cfh » March 24th, 2008, 4:58 am

Spoiler!
Yep, that's exactly right.
cfh
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 6

Postby SLY JO » April 26th, 2008, 2:52 pm

nickp17 wrote:Is it really worth completing all 103%?

Definately, it's even worth puting in TUFST to achieve 105%. Why?
Spoiler!
The 105% ending was awesome because you got to see Cranky pull out some karate moves. This totally overshadowed the 'egg' ending.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Metroixer » May 14th, 2008, 10:05 am

Heh, just got my first 103% ending last night. Considering I already saw the whole ending before (I thought I could never do it, I surprised myself. :P), it wasn't exactly bad.

Spoiler!
The thing that annoyed me was the placement of some caves, along with the mother bird's placement. It's a little yellow box hidden on the top of the screen, I only found it by luck >_>.
Tourist

Postby Kiddy14 » May 14th, 2008, 11:17 am

Oh, you're meaning the GBA version right? It's easiert to find in the SNES, since anybody would want to know what would happen if you get through some suspicious clouths. =P I got 103% for the first time in my SNES, I couldn't find the Collect the Stars bonus in Swoopy Salvo >_> And then I found it! =D
Anyway, I noticed after you finish the game 103% and go with the banana Bird, she would still be imprisoned and would tell you to bring her children back :S Shouldn't she say something else? Maybe some leftovers.

Kowbrainz wrote:DKC3 was my favourite in the series for a while due to nostalgic purposes - up until a while ago when I started playing the whole series through time after time. I probably like DKC2 the most now... but I'm not really sure.

The same thing is happening to me too, I mean, Kiddy FTW, but DKC2 has better gameplay than DKC3. Dixie and Kiddy both feel too heavy in gameplay. DKC3 has "TNSKCB" but has the best level ideas. Besides, its levels really give you a 3D feeling, like: Rocket Barrel Ride, Tracker Barrel Trek, Fire Ball Frenzy, Barrel Drop Bounce, Krack-Shot Krock, Bleak's House, and Knautilus, and Swanky's Side Show. So, DKC3 may suck about the Story and its ending, but has awesome gameplay factors =D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Raccoon Sam » May 22nd, 2008, 3:55 am

DKC3 ending sucked.
The game is the best in the trilogy, though, so the wonders of the game itself make up for the ending.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Postby FunkyKong » July 21st, 2008, 3:45 pm

I liked this one better then DKC 2 :)
Trainee Trekker

Postby DKC4 » January 15th, 2010, 8:35 pm

Mwa, the ending is OK but not a even a little bit better.
I liked DKC2's ending the best :)
Tourist

Return to Donkey Kong Country 3