The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Scraps69 » April 21st, 2010, 7:23 pm

Here's a random thought by million of google users. I thought this was hilarious heh.

Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » April 24th, 2010, 7:37 am

Hello Scraps, welcome to DKC Atlas. I already read your DKC Reloaded topic and find it very interesting, I think you'll fit in perfectly here.

Anyway, I tried that same search on Google just now and for the Donkey Kong one was at the top of the list. Perhaps it had something to do with mine not being Google Canada... Anyway, that's pretty cool.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Scraps69 » April 24th, 2010, 11:17 am

Thanks for the welcome :)

Oh really? haha, maybe canadians have better things to think about no?

EDIT: Oh, if you havn't already. give Reloaded a play.

Here are some things I was just thinking about just now.

In mario kart 64, why does donkey kong sound like an elephant in some sounds?

In DKC, why does Expresso's second leg while flying suspiciously look like something else? Was rare making a subtle joke?
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 2nd, 2010, 2:06 pm

So I am in love with short-haired Samus right now.

But in response to your questions, I'm not sure I recall Expresso's leg being in a suggestive position... but I did love DK's N64 voice. Better than Scooby Doo, really.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » May 2nd, 2010, 2:42 pm

Scraps69 wrote:In DKC, why does Expresso's second leg while flying suspiciously look like something else? Was rare making a subtle joke?

...Yes, that really was necessary :P
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 20th, 2010, 2:26 pm

In a few days it will be exactly three years since I joined the DKU... I still remember the day. Gosh.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » May 22nd, 2010, 8:19 am

May 23, 2007 is when I joined the DKU, which is one day after you did Tiptup. Wow three years has gone by fast.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » May 22nd, 2010, 10:55 am

Go to Google

You can actually play it. How awesome is that? :mrgreen:
I got to level 9 on the first try. 8-)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby DKCplayer » May 22nd, 2010, 2:43 pm

Ah yes, a friend told me about "Pac-Google" thing this morning. Google has done a lot of cool stuff with their logo, but that is one is the best I've seen... and played! I hope they keep it somewhere so it can be played, even after Pacman's 30th Anniversary is over. Also, click "insert coin" again for some 2 player action! :D

Pacman - Chomping on dots and avoiding ghosts for 30 years.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby The Guy » May 22nd, 2010, 3:08 pm

Fascinating.

I'm out of school now, and my older sister has graduated...
Veteran Venturer

Postby Scraps69 » May 28th, 2010, 4:07 pm

I'm pretty easy to find on facebook. Just type 'scraps69' on fb search
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » June 4th, 2010, 1:22 pm

The forum has been a little bit too quiet...

In any case, I'm finally going on my trip to Canada in the next two months :D I've been expecting this since last year!
But Canadians want me to take out one of my surnames :x They're either 'hyphenate it' or 'just completely drop it.' Arghhh... =P
I'm going to hyphenate them, but still write them separated whenever I can because I'm cool like that 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Scraps69 » June 4th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Just a bit eh? Congrats on going to Canada! Maybe you'll meet Colton Harris-Moore! I hear he's in Washington state atm but maybe he'll steal another plane and land near Canada again.

Me? I've been bogged down with work and social commitments.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » June 4th, 2010, 4:41 pm

Huh, I think I have enough of wicked people here in Mexico =P
I can't believe that guy has a Facebook Fanpage...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 7th, 2010, 3:28 pm

OH GAWD SO ANYWAY
WHO ELSE IS BORED
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby The Guy » June 8th, 2010, 2:39 am

Me.

Sometimes I wonder how specific images of those crazy cats are made, like the "Gravity Cat" one.
Veteran Venturer

Postby DKCplayer » June 8th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Averagecat will probably answer your question. They seem to be good at taking the "LOL" out of LOLcats.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

That site is very depressing. :x
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby The Guy » June 9th, 2010, 6:06 am

That reminds me of that one LOLcat image where it has a cat against the grammar and spelling in your average LOLcat image.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Gnawzooka » June 9th, 2010, 5:19 pm

lolcats is one of the single stupidest things on the internet.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 14th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Yeah... so I'm just gonna say. Barack Obama is quite possibly one of the shittiest presidents the U.S. has ever had. I supported him in is run for presidency because he promised change. He was something fresh, new, but throughout his entire presidency, he has done jack crap to fix this nation. I'm the exact opposite of a racist, but even I can't deny the fact that he won because he was black. You're a fool if you deny it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » June 14th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Uh oh! Political discussion. Let's...try and keep this civil.

Alright, well, I'll start by saying I strongly supported him, and still do. I feel he may have overestimated his ability to change things rapidly, and I feel that the majority of his supporters from 2008 expected far too much of him in a short time. He may have been elected because of his race, but if he were a white guy instead, he probably would have been elected because of what the American people wanted from him. He may have just had to work a little harder.

Honestly, I don't feel his opposition could have done a better job than he has. An aged old man who had one last try at politics, and a crazed, overly-religious hunting woman, who literally scares the crap out of me. That's how I feel about them, but I suppose that's what an opinionated discussion is about.

That's all I feel like saying at the moment, political discussions never end well, and I might have said too much :(
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » June 14th, 2010, 1:33 pm

I hate political discussions but I'm just going to go on record and say that Obama has done less than I hoped he would but about what I expected he would. I wouldn't say he was the shittiest President we ever had just because he can't fix the situation our last President created. That seems a bit unfair. Presidents are dodgy because of what they do not because of what they don't do. Also, I agree McCain and Palin wouldn't have done anything more.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 14th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Well yeah, McCain and Palin most likely wouldn't have done better. But they both had fairly decent moral character (at least Palin did, not sure about McCain) that many seem to overlook.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » June 14th, 2010, 2:20 pm

I'm fairly certain Palin and I have a different idea of what defines "moral character", but that's a discussion for another time.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 14th, 2010, 2:33 pm

Well. Let`s talk about it. In what ways do you think her morals are off?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 14th, 2010, 3:13 pm

How great can her morals be when you look at the situation with her daughter. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 14th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Teenage pregnancies happen literally all the time. I`m not defending it, but that was her daughter, not her... Kids`ll just do crazy stuff. It might reflect the character of the parents to a certain extent, but not enough to judge them by.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Scraps69 » June 14th, 2010, 3:24 pm

heh, whoever got elected the result would be the same. I think Obama is doing a good thing with the medicare system for America.

Though generally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM5YDI7ttME
Trailblazer
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » June 14th, 2010, 6:30 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Well. Let`s talk about it. In what ways do you think her morals are off?

Well, on a personal note, I'm none-too-happy with Polar bear hunting, or hunting of any kind, (But don't call me on that, killing endangered or even semi-endangered creatures because they live near an area where oil-drilling is necessary is not on the same level as hunting to thin a too-large population because there are no longer any natural predators. )

Other than that, I feel like her political ideals are too deeply rooted in her religious views, along with many other things. (Although, this could more or less be called a bias against extreme conservatism, but whatever)

There are other things, which I'll gladly discuss once I've had more sleep. :D
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 14th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Okay! And yes, my views differ slightly- I personally don't condone killing animals, but I generally don't judge the characters of those who do based solely on that. Some people go mad with it, though, and that should be stopped.

About the religious views... I know not every single person in the world is a Christian. But I would rather her base political views on God and "good" morals than anything else. Religious freedom is still key to this country, don't get me wrong- but that also means our elected officials have the right to religious freedom, just like you and I, and it would be unreasonable to ask that they keep that from interfering with their daily work.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » June 15th, 2010, 2:42 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Yeah... so I'm just gonna say. Barack Obama is quite possibly one of the shittiest presidents the U.S. has ever had. I supported him in is run for presidency because he promised change. He was something fresh, new, but throughout his entire presidency, he has done jack crap to fix this nation.

Told Ya! :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » June 15th, 2010, 2:48 am

Um... of course it's reasonable to ask them to not let them interfere with their daily work? That's the whole point. Separation of church and state, ie. believe what you want but your batshit crazy beliefs about the boogeyman that lives on a cloud should not have anything to do with what your political actions are. Problem is, it's next to impossible for someone with those beliefs to keep them separate from politics, therefore I don't vote for that person. Hence, why I don't like Sarah Palin.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » June 15th, 2010, 4:11 am

Yeah, the problem with someone bringing their religious beliefs to their political stand, especially with someone like Palin, is she wouldn't view all religious groups with the same level of fairness. She probably wouldn't give any two cents about people like myself, who prefer not to believe in a deity, which I hope we can agree is not cool.

Basically, someone who follows their beliefs so strongly, like Palin does, can easily have their better judgement clouded by what they want to think, rather than doing whats best.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 15th, 2010, 5:39 am

Jomingo wrote:Um... of course it's reasonable to ask them to not let them interfere with their daily work? That's the whole point. Separation of church and state, ie. believe what you want but your batshit crazy beliefs about the boogeyman that lives on a cloud should not have anything to do with what your political actions are. Problem is, it's next to impossible for someone with those beliefs to keep them separate from politics, therefore I don't vote for that person. Hence, why I don't like Sarah Palin.

Separation of church and state. There are human beings who RUN the state that have the exact same level of religious freedom that you and I possess, and just because they take their beliefs seriously doesn't mean they're not fit to do their jobs.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » June 15th, 2010, 2:34 pm

I'm not really sure what you're trying to convey there, Tiptup;

They have religious freedom, but so do you, Jomingo, and myself, and this also gives us the freedom to not follow a religious sect.

Separation of Church and State was created to keep religion and politics separate in the United States. However, a large number of very-religious politicians do not recognize this, and obviously do not recognize the problem with religion and state intermingling.

Bringing religious beliefs and prejudices into the center of the government of a nation that is supposed to pride itself on diversity, (Although I saw ALOT more of this in the UK) is a very, very bad idea.

I wasn't saying their beliefs make them unable to do the job. (Although I feel like Palin isn't actually smart enough to perform something like the Presidency, but that's not what I'm discussing at present) I was saying that they would be unable to keep them separate and it would interfere with their political business and cause many, many problems if they had to interact with those who do not share the same beliefs.

With someone like Palin, I'm sure it would be..alot better than Fred Phelps being in a Presidential position, but still not good.
Treasure Hunter

Postby CaptainEddie » June 16th, 2010, 4:10 am

Anybody watching E3?

Donkey Kong Country Returns!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Simion32 » June 16th, 2010, 4:19 am

Yeah, there's a topic over in gaming discussion.

Also: OMGWTFBBQHAXDKC
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » June 16th, 2010, 9:14 am

W00t! A new DKC game!

...but where's Qyzbud? We need the site creator here to celebrate with us!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 16th, 2010, 9:23 am

Agreed. It seems Qyz is too busy spelunkering and such what to bother with this place... but he did accept my friend request on Facebook recently! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 16th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Just in case anyone's wondering, I took the DKCR logo as my avatar so I win. HUZAAAHH!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » June 16th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Damn! I should have done that!

Curses!
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » June 16th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Don't worry, it's very temporary! I am so extremely busy this week with everything that's going on (needless to say I'm writing up some features for the Atlas regarding recent news, but I also host a Gaming Talkshow and News site for my school's broadcasting station so that has kept me busy, not to mention I've hosted E3 parties at my house all week for all my friends that don't have G4, which I had to take copious notes at to give to the friends that couldn't make it. Meanwhile, now that it's post show I have to keep up with all the email I've missed and all the forum activity I've missed on the numerous forums I go to. Life's a b...*bleep*...ch at E3!) but once things calm down I will start making a gallery of new DKCR avatars that anybody can feel free to use, even though I only have four levels to go off of so far! Also, nobody else do this because it was my idea first and I've already done some work on some and it would suck to have taken some time to work on those during my busy schedule only to have someone else post a bunch before I can finish them.

So yeah, stay tuned for that.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » June 16th, 2010, 5:00 pm

That sounds awesome, Jo!

A whole new round of avatars..should be great, I mean, I don't really know what to do now that this day finally came, man. It's like, I don't even know.

14 years without a DKC game, and now we have one..what do we do??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Also, good luck with all the stuff you've got going on, man you've always got an extremely busy schedule, it seems.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Simion32 » June 17th, 2010, 3:57 am

Having some family issues, and I may end up working part-time somewhere, soon.

So expect development delays on the entirety of the DELTA Project. Not outright stoppage, just more delays as usual. :x
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 17th, 2010, 5:56 am

Ahh, that's okay. I'm getting a job soon too so I can pay for all the upcoming games being released. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 17th, 2010, 12:05 pm

Man, I'm going to have to get a job (though I've been avoiding it) soon for that same purpose. All Nintendo needs to do to cement my 3DS purchase is a DK game(Note: I still never plopped down the cash for a DS, but the 3DS already has more content I want on it and it's not even out yet!).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 17th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Really?! There have been some pretty good games on the DS, namely a few Mario titles, Jungle Climber, Diddy Kong Racing, the Zeldas... But there is a lot more to it than big-budget games. I dunno.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » June 17th, 2010, 4:23 pm

I don't know, it could just be the fact that their were so many announced at one time but it looks like a promising future for the console.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 18th, 2010, 3:36 am

Yeah... And I had a dream last night that the reason Qyz has been gone is he's compiling a list of every snake species in the world. Hmmm. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes