Scribblenauts

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Scribblenauts

Postby Soniccuz » June 21st, 2009, 11:58 am

http://scribblenauts.com/
Nintendo Power had an article about this game for the DS. A very basic way to describe it would be solving puzzles using anything you can think of, similar to madlibs. Say you're in a desert with a thirsty person; you could write soda and one would appear that the man could drink, You could solve the same puzzle with, rain cloud, oasis, coffee shop, watermelon might even do it, etc.

The developers spent most of the time just going through dictionaries looking for words to add to the list! According to the developers anything that's not, copyrighted, A pronoun (though Einstein is in there for some reason), oddly specific (like blue angry dog would materialize a dog but, it probably won't be blue), or above the E 10 rating, it's in there.

The title screen acts as a free area where you have no goal and can just experiment. Some of the videos I’ve seen include God vs. the Kraken.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Re: Scribblenauts

Postby Jomingo » June 21st, 2009, 12:03 pm

Well, that does sound interesting. Too bad I don't have a DS.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Soniccuz » June 21st, 2009, 3:30 pm

Yeah it seems 5TH Cell only develops games for the DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEUbtgpIgo God vs. The Kraken
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Jomingo » June 21st, 2009, 3:56 pm

Wow, that was awesome!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Sockpuppet » November 16th, 2009, 2:49 pm

I just got it! :D It's awesome! And it's actually really challenging: it's nowhere near as easy as you'd expect to solve some puzzles. Plus to 100% it you have to find 4 different solutions to each puzzle. There's also plenty of levels (around 220 I believe). You can summon Longcat, Tacgnol and Keyboard Cat.

In other words I recommend getting it.

Spoiler!
I like solving puzzles with fire :3
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Gnawzooka » November 16th, 2009, 5:25 pm

It's good, but the novelty wears off sooner than you'd expect. Sometimes its better to have constraints than to be almost completely limitless, and I find that to be the case in this game.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rare Lover » November 18th, 2009, 5:53 pm

And the control sucks hard.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Soniccuz » March 8th, 2010, 6:27 am

Borrowed it from a friend I'd agree that it's too much of a free roaming game, without anything resembling a plot or more importantly a long term goal I had like 0 incentive to do anything.

And the control sucks hard.

The amount of times I found myself facepalming and shouting: "Maxwell you idiot!" (Death Note came to mind) as he dives into piranha infested waters, lava, head long into Dracula's arms all because I was trying to position something else onto the field.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Return to Gaming Discussion