Poorly made?

Talk about the Donkey Kong Land trilogy for Game Boy.

Poorly made?

Postby BigDonkey101 » September 28th, 2009, 11:32 pm

Has anyone else have problems with there copies of DKL2?
I have two copies of the game, and they both erase themselves.
I want to know if it's just my copies, or if other people have had this happen to them also.
Tourist

Re: Poorly made?

Postby Tompa » September 29th, 2009, 1:26 am

I highly doubt that there's a problem with the game itself. The cartridges for Game Boy are saving the data on a battery. After awhile, the battery will run low on its power and can't handle a save file, so it is erased.
It is possible to switch the battery by opening up the cartridge. Nothing that I've done before, but I believe it isn't that hard to do.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby BigDonkey101 » September 29th, 2009, 6:29 pm

I should have gone into more detail in my first post.
Not only do my two copies of DKL2 erase themselves, but they are glitched also.

The other day I was playing DKL2, and Diddy went into his duck pose, ever though I did push down on the control pad.
Then a Klobber enemy appeared out of nowhere, then the game locked up.

Since both my copies of this game don't work right, I think there's a bigger problem then just the batterys.
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » October 12th, 2009, 1:29 pm

Are you playing on an original Game Boy, or one of the newer portables that can load GB carts? I'm wondering if maybe there are some incompatibilities between DKL2 and the particular type of device you play it on. Or even more specifically, it could be a fault with your actual hardware - as in, just that particular gaming device you're using. Do you ever get problems with other Game Boy games?

I don't actually own a copy of DKL2, just thought I'd try to help work this out...
Last edited by Qyzbud on October 12th, 2009, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: slight edit for clarification
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Blaziken257 » October 12th, 2009, 6:18 pm

I've played all three Donkey Kong Land games on a Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, and Game Boy Player, and they all worked fine, so I can rule out the possibility of that. I don't have any monochrome Game Boy, though, but I doubt the three DKL games would have problems on a monochrome GB (considering they're designed for it).

That's kinda weird how two copies won't work. Maybe it's the Game Boy itself? Or perhaps the copies are bootlegged? (Sounds like an odd possibility, but I've seen it happen before -- just ask Kiddy14.) What does the cartridge look like?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby BigDonkey101 » October 14th, 2009, 5:50 am

I played the game on all my GameBoys, so I don't think that it's the Game Boy that is making the game mess up.
The cartridge is yellow, has a picture of Diddy and Dixie swiming, it has the ESRB rateing KA(Kids to Adults).
My other copy is the same except that it is the million sell rerelease, and has the updated E for everyone rateing.
Tourist

Return to Donkey Kong Land