Curse you Japan!!!

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Curse you Japan!!!

Postby Jomingo » August 25th, 2009, 2:44 am

So I was on the Google Images the other day, and completely by accident I found that they are now manufacturing Black Wii's in Japan, and have no plans to bring them to America!

What's worse is that I also found that they've released a new Wii Classic Pro controller, which is an enhanced version of the Classic controller(and along with Wii mote and nun chuck it also comes in black), and that is also not coming to America!

Curse you Japan!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: Curse you Japan!!!

Postby Blaziken257 » August 25th, 2009, 3:06 am

Wow... you're right.

Why wouldn't they release a black Wii in America? For years, there have been only white Wiis, and that's the most boring color! I saw a picture of the black one, and it looks so shiny! And an improved Classic Controller? I'd take that, considering the one they have now has unresponsive buttons and an oversensitive Control Pad! It really seems that America gets the short end of the stick nowadays.

EDIT: Actually, just because they have no plans now doesn't mean they won't ever do it. That happens all the time with games -- even when a game gets announced in Japan, it can take months for Nintendo to announce them elsewhere. Still, I really hope they do bring those two things.

Besides, can't you import a Classic Controller if you want?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Jomingo » August 25th, 2009, 3:17 am

Yes, but I don't want to. I want to buy it here!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 25th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Life isn't fair. Japan gets everything just because they're the ones that create this stuff. Getting the products first is okay, but be the only ones to get the products at all?

:evil:

EDIT: Oh, and I find that strange Blaziken. White is the only color Wii they have. I never noticed that, lol. :lol:
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Kiddy14 » August 26th, 2009, 12:44 am

gamer_boy997 wrote:Japan gets everything just because they're the ones that create this stuff.

That sounded kind of funny =P and paradoxical xD

This reminds me of a little conversation I had with Blaziken a while ago... in Latin America (at least NTSC countries) we only get the games in English. Though Microsoft seems to like the idea of dubbing; so far they've done Halo 2 (pretty bad by the way), Halo 3, Viva Piñata, Gears of War...
I'm not sure if PAL countries receive the European versions.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Qyzbud » August 26th, 2009, 1:25 am

Hahaha, I agree with Kiddy. :lol:

...but anyhow, I also like the black Wii a whole lot more. I'm starting to feel like my patience and timing might pay off; I've not yet bought any of the current-gen systems, and am seriously tempted to grab all three now. This black Wii looks the business, so I'll be patient and see what happens... with the release of the PS3 Slim, and the super-recent price drop for the Xbox 360, there's never been a better time to give the SNES a rest. ;)

Let's just hope Nintendo of Japan pass these goodies on to the rest of the world.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » August 26th, 2009, 11:27 am

It almost always works out that way Qyz. Waiting will most definitely pay off, in more ways than one. Not only do the prices of almost everything go down, but you also don't have to wait for the game catalog to build up. Now you can get both a 360 and a PS3 for the same price as the PS3 originally launched at, and you have 3-4 years of games ready to buy as well as the continuing lineup.

Also, Nintendo usually has extra colors that are only available in Japan, but why would they not bring the only alternate color for one of their most popular systems ever to other parts of the world? I would expect them to be cashing this cow with pinks, blues, blacks, and greens.

Also, I heard rumors of a 360 price drop but I have been very busy all day long and did not know this was official. I have to check the usual news sites after this post...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Blaziken257 » October 18th, 2009, 2:32 am

Well, look at what I found... a black Wii and Wiimote are coming to the U.S. after all.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6233179.html

It was only a matter of time. If I didn't already have a white Wii, I would most definitely go after the much better looking black one... (like I said before, white as a whole is a very boring color because it's so plain). Oh well.

Now I wonder if this will make it to Europe or Australia... O_o
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 114

Postby Yure16 » December 2nd, 2009, 12:53 am

Why Japan is so selfish?
Tourist

Postby FefeRawft » December 31st, 2009, 1:37 pm

I bought the Black Wiimote and Nunchuck.
Trailblazer

Postby FefeRawft » January 16th, 2010, 9:30 am

Sorry for the double post, but there was an announcement in NP's Issue 251 saying that the next two colors would be Light Blue and Pink. Unfortunately you will have to pay extra for them because, like the Black Models, these models also come only with WiiMotion Plus.
Trailblazer

Postby NES Boy » January 19th, 2010, 12:08 am

They also had the DS "Glory of Heracles" for years, while we are just getting it.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Return to Gaming Discussion