The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby BlueTronic » June 25th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Debate from the fan ideas thread. I took it here to avoid derailing.

CoolStyleE wrote:Smudge... seriously. You just get the hell out of here before your ass gets kicked out of here. It`s for your good, I`ll transfer all your crap here,
Well, my business cards are coming along great, but I did delete Smudge`s, we`ll just credit him for plotline and music.
Smudge`s... when he leaves, let`s just make him music person. How about K. Rool the Krool being co-director? That looks good. Also, I do agree with aging DK & Kiddy, but we can use the Kiddy Coin. Hey Jomingo, could you turn it into a spinning sprite? (Like the animal buddy tokens) But, if there`s gonna be a Kiddy token, there should be a DK token. Also, the DK Isle token as well.
Well that`s all I gotta say now, so bye for now. But, do I wanna lock Smudge in the trunk of my car right now. Who agrees?

He only started making those posts about 4 hours ago (correct me if I'm wrong :oops:). We can't just kick him. You got to give him longer than that, Slapster. :P He could just be drunk for all we know.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » June 25th, 2009, 7:54 pm

gamer_boy997 wrote:I apologize for the double-post, but I just submitted a review for Donkey Kong Country 2, and I mentioned Swanky in there. After submitting, I went to contribution status, and found this message:

The word "wank" was found in your review text; this may be considered offensive and prevent your review from being posted.

Do they count words inside of words? :lol:

Now try "Cockpit"or "Cockatoo"... etc. :mrgreen:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Jomingo » June 26th, 2009, 2:01 am

What's going on? What did Smudge do to upset anybody?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » June 26th, 2009, 4:54 am

Apparently those wierd "everyone hates me" posts are upseting CoolStyleE.

Let it go, man. Let it go. ;)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby The Guy » June 26th, 2009, 5:23 am

For some reason I like this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSZ6BSck ... annel_page

EDIT: I found a very interesting idea for DKC4...

Donkey Kong Country IV: Return to Donkey Kong Island

DK and Diddy have been locked up in Mario's "zoo" prison in the Mushroom Kingdom, surrounded by brightly coloured hills and angry-faced volcanoes for too long, and so they decide to rebel. They break out of their cage, recover Dixie, Tiny and Funky, take down Mario and find their way back home. But when they get there, all is not as it seems...

Worlds:
- Mushroom Kingdom: You have to navigate through various Mario-style levels destroying all Toads standing in your way. The final boss is Mario.

- Home Sweet Home: The Kongs return to Earth, only to discover that K. Rool has seized DK Island and replaced the giant DK head with that of his own. You have to navigate the island and rescue Cranky, Swanky, Candy, Kiddy, Lanky and Chunky. The final boss is K. Rool.

- It's War Again: K. Rool visits the Mushroom Kingdom and recruits Mario and an army of Toads to destroy the Kongs once and for all. The Kongs also visit the Mushroom Kingdom to join Bowser and Wario and recruit an army consisting of WarioWare employees and Bowser's minions. No boss here, just an epic war minigame against the Mushroom Kingdom and Kremlings.

- Miyamoto Malice: Shigeru Miyamoto himself shows up to tell the Kongs that this is their last game before he kills them off for good: he's always hated the series and since Rareware joined Microsoft he's just been itching to dispose of the characters. Until then, he's kept them in captivity and forced them into humiliating guest spots in Mario sports titles. Miyamoto then pulls out a gun and kills all of the Kongs, one by one, except DK, who evades death and escapes back to DK Island. He meets Xananab, who punches a hole in the fabric of the space-time continuum, and the two of them cross into the Microsoft realm. Here they are re-united with Conker, Banjo and Kazooie, and together the five of them explore scenarios from various Rareware titles to find Rare Headquarters. The final boss here is Steve Jobs, hacking into Microsoft and attempting to destroy it.

- Nintendo Hard: DK finds his creators and begs them to ressurect his friends and family and continue making the series. They tell him there is nothing they can do, as DK was created by Nintendo and therefore the entire series belongs to them. Miyamoto suddenly bursts in, having followed DK and friends and kills DK. He dies...then wakes up in videogame limbo with the rest of the Kongs and all the other forgotten videogame characters. They progress through several stages of videogame hell, a world where the levels are obscenely hard and there are no save points. The final boss is R.O.B.

- Nintendo Headquarters: The Kongs escape videogame limbo and infiltrate Nintendo HQ, battling Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu and dozens of other Nintendo mascots. The final boss is Miyamoto himself. After you defeat him once, he mutates into a horrific, pulsating tentacled behemoth. After a second, much harder and much greater battle, the Kongs access the game's source files and hack into them to set their island back to normal, then go home and live in peace once again.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Rodent » July 1st, 2009, 9:14 am

As cool as that idea is, I don't think we'll see anything resembling it...

Jomingo wrote:All this review talk has got me wondering why nobody has mentioned my own reviews posted on DKC Atlas. Does nobody read the main site?
I've read them. Can't remember them, but I know I did.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » July 1st, 2009, 11:11 am

Well, lately I've been going through and updating them with new graphics and screenshots.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 1st, 2009, 4:05 pm

That DKC4 idea was amazing. The only thing that I think would be illogical is, obviously, the Steve Jobs bit..and maybe the Miyamoto with a gun thing.
Treasure Hunter

Postby CoolStyleE » July 1st, 2009, 4:30 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:Apparently those wierd "everyone hates me" posts are upseting CoolStyleE.

Well, what if your friend was on a suicide rampage? What if your buddy since kindergarden has tryed to kill himself twice and broke his arm and cut his leg and...
I could go on forever. Let`s hope he doesn`t try something silly while camping with his girlfriend, and heaven knows what`s going on in that tent right now. Those 2 are sneakers... they each said they want to camp... alone. (With a cell phone, of course) And they met up, and now are probably "enjoying" each other, or maybe Smudge killed himself... *shivers* And they`re only 11...

Besides that horrible thing going on, here are some pretty ramdom facts.
Why abbriviate things even if it spells something bad? (Abbriviate "Florida University College Kids")
What if Diddy Kong was Eminem?
Why does the IRS bug us so much?
Insurence from John Hancock? Yeah, they`re to big for themselves.
Goldfinger... why name the band that? Should of name it Golddigger...
Why does everything use flash? Bleh.
I don`t ever see kids playing outside anymore... what happened?
Golf... it is fun, but that`s a childish name.
WHY BEES? Something else should make honey and send those bees to the devils layer. Mwahahaha
Is this guy dead: XD
Mmmm... cook brussle sprouts the right way and YUM!
Oh, and the DKC4 thing sounded cool. But, SOMEONE MAKE TINY FAMOUS, DANGGIT!
Trainee Trekker

Postby DK4Ever » July 2nd, 2009, 5:45 am

Am..I the only one who found that post extremely creepy?

And CoolStyleE, I'm someone who's dealt with too MUCH death since last year, my best friend, my mother, and now Michael Jackson..it keeps getting worse, but online self-threats from an 11 year-old are about as serious as I am about my love for Sarah Palin....(in case you didn't know, I hate her guts)

So as much as I'm sure it bothers you, there really isn't anything valid to it, I'm sure, as people around my age when I was 11 would always make stupid jokes like that and never follow through with them, as serious as it was, and I'm sure the situation was with your friend. And I'm very sorry you had to go through all that.

Still..that post you just made was creepy.
Treasure Hunter

Postby CoolStyleE » July 2nd, 2009, 6:39 am

Sorry for scaring you all if I did, but it`s all true, no jokes.
Trainee Trekker

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » July 4th, 2009, 5:36 pm

It`s obvious... I`ve caused hell to break out here.
Kong-Fu wrote: ...probably been drinking...

I`m not old enough. Common sense.
Jomingo wrote: What has (Smudge) done to upset anyone?

What HAVEN`T I done? Think.
DK4Ever wrote:It keeps getting worse, but online self-threats from an 11 year-old are about as serious as I am about my love for Sarah Palin. I'm sure it bothers you, there really isn't anything valid to it, I'm sure, as people around my age when I was 11 would always make stupid jokes like that and never follow through with them, as serious as it was, and I'm sure the situation was with your friend.

Oh, I ain`t jokin`.
Spoiler!
Ya dare me to try suicide again? HUH????? I will... and succeed. You can`t f***ing stop me. Go ahead, call me a mother f***er. If you don`t, obviously I`m not the only a** here.
And CSE, save the s*** talk when I`m dead, not now. Comprendè?
Yeah, it was fun being here. Still will be here just some more. Live with it.
Oh, and Qyzbud, I`M NOT AN A**. I`M A F***ING N****, UNDERSTAND? Jesus.

Qyz says: Totally inappropriate. You've now been put on probation. Don't post again until you've discussed this with me.
On Probation

Postby CoolStyleE » July 4th, 2009, 5:55 pm

.............................................................................................................................................

This... is very insane.
Reading your last comment almost gave me a heart attack. I cannot believe someone your age would say that. Especially in front of these good people. I am so sick of all your "I`m a (You know what)" comment. If Leah read all this, she`d probably kill herself too.
Oh, and how are you gonna try it this time? Drive a car over a bridge and drown yourself? In your dreams, you couldn`t even make it one foot in a stolen car. Man, you give me depression.
I am sick of this. I`m taking a vacation from DKCA for a bit. Ugh!
Trainee Trekker

Postby BlueTronic » July 5th, 2009, 3:59 am

CoolStyleE wrote:Besides that horrible thing going on, here are some pretty ramdom facts.
Why abbriviate things even if it spells something bad? (Abbriviate "Florida University College Kids")
What if Diddy Kong was Eminem?
Why does the IRS bug us so much?
Insurence from John Hancock? Yeah, they`re to big for themselves.
Goldfinger... why name the band that? Should of name it Golddigger...
Why does everything use flash? Bleh.
I don`t ever see kids playing outside anymore... what happened?
Golf... it is fun, but that`s a childish name.
WHY BEES? Something else should make honey and send those bees to the devils layer. Mwahahaha
Is this guy dead: XD
Mmmm... cook brussle sprouts the right way and YUM!
Oh, and the DKC4 thing sounded cool. But, SOMEONE MAKE TINY FAMOUS, DANGGIT!

He's becoming infected! :o
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » July 5th, 2009, 10:41 am

Hiw is Golf a childish name?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby CoolStyleE » July 7th, 2009, 4:22 pm

I knew I had to come back soon... I call 2 days a while? :lol:
Kong-Fu wrote: He`s becoming infected!

Yes I am, with randomthoughtoverloaditis. (What a mouthful! :lol:)
Gnawzooka, edited by CSE, wrote:How is "golf" a childish name?

Well, look at the way the word was put together. I`ll wait.
The g and the o are fine, but the way it ends, with that l and f, making a sound that sounds alot like elf. Put it after a sound that makes the sound ga, sounding like da, makes it wierd to say. They should`ve called it "Daelf" :P
Here`s one random though, only one, you should probably skip:
Spoiler!
I`m moving!

Nothing exciting.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 16th, 2009, 8:18 am

I can safely say that that was the most bizzare two and a half weeks of my life. By the looks of it, this place went to hell and back too . . . goodness. Smudge, if you know what's good for you, don't mess with Aussies. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » July 16th, 2009, 8:25 am

Yeah, so I'm taking this opportunity to reveal something. I have a huge crush on Emma Watson. There, I said it. At least she's not fictional, or a monkey, like some of the other weird crushes on here.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 16th, 2009, 8:28 am

Good job man. I'm actually involved with, like, an actual girl who I personally know and talk to on a daily basis. It's pretty kewl.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » July 16th, 2009, 8:30 am

CoolStyleE wrote:
Kong-Fu wrote: He`s becoming infected!

Yes I am, with randomthoughtoverloaditis. (What a mouthful! :lol:)

Is that, like, a combination of ADHD and brain damage? :roll:
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » July 16th, 2009, 8:34 am

I've went through the entire forum and cleaned out all the old shadow topics that have been lying around for months. ;)

This thread has eighty bazillion replies. It needs to be a sticky. Jomingo, care to do the honors?

Also... DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 16th, 2009, 8:42 am

Joe Minga can take care of the sticky, but I suppose I can DO A BARREL ROLL.

Now there are precisely eighty bazillion and one replies. Excellent.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » July 16th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Well, I personally hate this topic, and everything it stands for. It's like my crack, I know it's bad but I can't stop using it. How could I ever have that a "random thoughts" topic would be a good idea? But anyway, it's too late to stop it now. I don't think it needs to be stickied though. It usually stays near the top anyway, and by stickying it I would give the impression that a support the topic, which I don't.

But I will DO A BARREL ROLL. Huzzah...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » July 16th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Simion32 wrote:Also... DO A BARREL ROLL!!!

*Throws a barrel, which consequently rolls*
Did I do good?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby CoolStyleE » July 16th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:Is that, like, a combination of ADHD and brain damage? :roll:

You got the ADHD part right, but not the brain damage. It's ADHD, OCD, and Mesothelioma. Rare. :P
Update on Smudge:
I was over at Smudge's the other day, and ironicly enough, his girlfriend was over. She said he did try suicide again, but "Miss faithful" stopped him. Damn, he try skinning himself alive, said her. I thought she was bluffing, but Smudge showed me the scars and geezus krist! (Had to clean that out but you get the idea) He had 15 different marks. His parents didn't know about it; that would've scared the you-know-what outta them.
Smudge has a disco album released, and it is good. I'll maybe post some free mp3's. (Calling all disco lovers)
Trainee Trekker

Postby Simion32 » July 16th, 2009, 4:40 pm

Jomingo wrote:Well, I personally hate this topic, and everything it stands for. (...) I don't think it needs to be stickied though. It usually stays near the top anyway, and by stickying it I would give the impression that a support the topic, which I don't.
OK, fair enough. I can see how stickying something like this thread implies that you're "supporting" overly random thoughts, which I'm sure we all know are annoying. But that's the exact reason this thread is here: to keep random thoughts from flooding the DKC-Atlas forum. Could you imagine the 800 or so posts in here being scattered across the forum instead? That would be a nightmare! Overall, after hearing your opinion, I agree with your stance on this matter. The topic need not be stickied.

Gnawzooka wrote:Did I do good?
Only as good as you think you did. ;)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby The Guy » July 17th, 2009, 1:38 am

"Do a barrel roll!" is a very funny line. :D
Veteran Venturer

Postby Gnawzooka » July 17th, 2009, 2:20 pm

I really don't see why to be honest.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 25th, 2009, 5:04 am

Tonight I'm leaving to go somewhere, and I probably won't post for about a week...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby CoolStyleE » July 25th, 2009, 4:00 pm

The Guy wrote:"Do a barrel roll!" is a very funny line. :D

True.
But I can do one.
Anyways, you guys can do barrel rolls, but CAN YOU DO A TRUCKSTAND?
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 29th, 2009, 8:51 am

OH, CU, YOU KNOW HE DEAD.

What's up guys. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » July 29th, 2009, 5:39 pm

The SKY!!!
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby PotoGamer » July 29th, 2009, 5:51 pm

You can do barrel rolls in Wii Sports Resort...just a random thought. :P

And I'm making a movie too, although it looks more like various clips which make no sense.
Trailblazer

Postby KremKrawl » July 30th, 2009, 3:00 am

Gnawzooka wrote:...

The SKY!!!

No...

THE GROUND!!!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Simion32 » July 30th, 2009, 6:22 am

Gnawzooka wrote:
KremKrawl wrote:No... THE GROUND!!!
No, you're both wrong.

There is no up, down, left, right, forward, backward, east, west, north or south. These are but simple concepts used for navigation - they depend upon your frame of reference.

Therefore I am to declare that everything is up. :P
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 30th, 2009, 6:43 am

Hey guys! With help from a portable, I can just barely post this message...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby The Guy » July 30th, 2009, 6:46 am

Interesting.
Veteran Venturer

Postby PotoGamer » July 30th, 2009, 7:36 am

gamer_boy997 wrote:Hey guys! With help from a portable, I can just barely post this message...

Is it the iPhone/iTouch? Because I can hardly post anything with it

And yes, interesting.
Trailblazer

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 30th, 2009, 7:53 am

It's a model iPhone in a store. Yes, it's a pain to use.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » July 30th, 2009, 5:43 pm

Simion32 wrote:
Gnawzooka wrote:
KremKrawl wrote:No... THE GROUND!!!
No, you're both wrong.

There is no up, down, left, right, forward, backward, east, west, north or south. These are but simple concepts used for navigation - they depend upon your frame of reference.

Through your logic, I argue that nothing is up. :mrgreen:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby CaptainEddie » August 2nd, 2009, 6:22 am

I argue that there is no up, therefore everything is up, but nothing is up at the same time. ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby BlueTronic » August 2nd, 2009, 9:44 am

Simion32 wrote:There is no up, down, left, right, forward, backward, east, west, north or south. These are but simple concepts used for navigation - they depend upon your frame of reference.

Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Gnawzooka » August 2nd, 2009, 11:33 am

On a completely unrelated matter, here's something I recently made for a bit of fun after watching Freddy vs Jason...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rare Lover » August 3rd, 2009, 5:24 am

Freddy vs. Jason...it's funny how much films can disappoint me.
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Guy » August 6th, 2009, 4:30 am

Now we have 666 topics...
Veteran Venturer

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 8th, 2009, 3:20 pm

I just got Banjo-Kazooie for the N64 today. Where has this game been those 11 years :x . It's an awesome game!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby CaptainEddie » August 9th, 2009, 8:20 am

Wow, that's a good one. I've been lucky enough to have the game since it came out, it's really a gem.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby PotoGamer » August 9th, 2009, 9:07 am

My family played through Banjo-Tooie first, so we didn't really understand some parts of the game. About a year later, we bought Banjo-Kazooie, but we didn't play it much (I only got to Mad Monster Mansion before discovering the codes for opening up secret areas and worlds, which ruined the whole experience :( ) because we thought Banjo-Tooie was better. But they're both very good, and they're must-have games for the N64. Donkey Kong 64 is like the Banjo games, except it's so big (it won a world record for most collectible items in a game :shock: ) that you might be lost if you haven't played it for some time.
Trailblazer

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 9th, 2009, 12:48 pm

I made it to Gobi's Valley (I think that's what it's called, it's that desert level), and I now need 450 notes. Getting notes is a pain.

Also, I checked ebay and it turns out I got maybe a slight deal on Banjo-Kazooie, but Banjo-Tooie seems to be much more expensive. I may or may not get it... is the gameplay similar to Banjo-Kazooie?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby PotoGamer » August 9th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Yes, it's very similar, except: the game is much bigger and feels more more explorable than the original, it has a darker tone, there are new moves, abilities, and eggs, when you collect notes, they are gone forever (which makes note collecting much easier), and there are new types of worlds. So, if you liked the first one, Tooie is like it, but better in my opinion.
Trailblazer

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes