Your top 10 favorite video games of all time

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Your top 10 favorite video games of all time

Postby gamer_boy997 » April 25th, 2009, 4:43 pm

Post your top 10 most favorite video games of all time, feel free to add explanations.

Spoiler!
10. (Wii) Super Mario Galaxy (Great graphics and gameplay.)
9. (GC) Luigi's Mansion (When I first got my Gamecube, I picked this game up with it. It was MUCH better than I expected!)
8. (N64) Super Mario 64 (Although I haven't played the original in a long time, my DS copy brings back great memories.)
7. (GBA) Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (I remember wanting this game so much, and it being as good as I expected.)
6. (GC) Pikmin (A start to a great series!)
5. (Wii) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (You know this game...)
4. (GC) Pikmin 2 (Lots to collect that improves the length of gameplay from the prequel!)
3. (N64) Donkey Kong 64 (Great 3-D graphics with great gameplay of 201 golden bananas!)
2. (SNES) Donkey Kong Country (Obviously, a start to a great series!)
1. (N64) Paper Mario (This game is way underrated in my opinion. It has great music, gameplay, and many other things! How come not very many like this game?)

These decisions were very hard, and may change.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Re: Your top 10 favorite video games of all time

Postby The Guy » April 26th, 2009, 12:23 am

Hmmm...

Spoiler!
5. DKC (Fun, and I had finished all the levels within a few days.)

4. DK: JC (Same like the last one, and it has unique gameplay and a few easy-to-remember foes from the DKC games.)

3. SSBB (Great, but missing something...)

2. Chu Chu Rocket (Man, I used to love this game...)

1. DKC2 (Great... Mostly EVERYTHING!)

Not exactly my top 10, but my to 5... As if you've already seen.
Veteran Venturer

Postby asmodeus » April 26th, 2009, 1:00 am

Well, my list is about like this:

Spoiler!
10. (N64) Zelda: Majora's Mask
9. (N64) Perfect Dark
8. (N64) Blast Corps
7. (X-Box 360) Viva Piñata
6. (SNES) Super Mario World
5. (SNES) Donkey Kong Country
4. (SNES) Donkey Kong Country 2
3. (GMC) Super Smash Bros. Melee
2. (GMC) Super Mario Sunshine
1. (N64) Banjo-Kazooie

I'm not very sure about the order, but Banjo-Kazooie was surely one of the best games I ever played.
:D 60% of these games are by Rare.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Gnawzooka » April 27th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Hm.. tough to order them, let's see...
Jak II
Donkey Kong Country 2
Crash Twinsanity
Crash Team Racing
Jak 3
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Donkey Kong Country
There are probably others I can't think of...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » May 1st, 2009, 2:41 pm

Oh no!! Not one of these!!! Must...resist...urge to post....

I can't do it!!

(These drive me crazy because I can never choose, but I have to give it a shot)

Spoiler!
10. Pikmin (It was awesome, if you haven't played the original AND loved it, you have no soul.)
9. Street Fighter 4 ( I love me some hardcore fighters, and this takes everything from a great series and makes it even more awesome)
8. Pikmin 2 <GCN> (Same reasons as Gamer_Boy, they improved upon the original in such great ways)
7. Final Fantasy <NES> (Can't beat this original either, it was so simple, yet complex at the same time, and black mage was l33t!
6. Donkey Kong 64 <N64> (There was SO MUCH TO DO in DK64! And..well..it's a Donkey Kong game..need I say more?)
5. Super Mario 64 <N64> (Think back to 1996 when this was released and the world was taken by the massive 3-D orgasm of joy known as SM64. Thats's all I think I have to say.)
4.5 Banjo-Kazooie <N64> (yay 4.5) (Anyway, Banjo-Kazooie was such a unique platformer, that showed off so much Rare humor and it was just amazing..but I don't have to tell you guys that..of course..)
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee <GCN> (The technical skill it took to be great at Melee was so extensive, and it was such a FAST game...and if you weren't careful...KNEE to the face!! HYES!!)
3. Super Smash Bros. Brawl <Wii> (Although Brawl isn't as fast or complex as Melee, it added Diddy Kong, and most other things I'd always wanted to see in Smash..except for K. Rool...DAMN YOU SAKURAI!!!!!!!..but, there's always Smash 4, and if I need technical skill, Brawl+ does that for me.)
2. Donkey Kong Country 2 <SNES> (Pirates, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, extremely challenging levels, pirates, K. Rool-beard, pirates, and awesome awesome everything else.., pirates. ladies and gentlemen...DKC2.)
1.5 Donkey Kong Country <SNES> ("WHAT? 1.5? Can he do that??" Well maybe I can't but I did. Yay DKC! The one that started it all, and had such amazing level design, Donkey Kong, and the best soundtrack (in my opinion) that just made for one of the best experiences of my life. What? DKC isn't first? Who could it be?)

1. Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time <N64> (Yes, folks, Ocarina of Time. This game was so innovative, so wide, so beautiful, so long and expansive first time through, it had everything a game should. Everything. The dungeons were in depth and unique, completely, there were essentially 2 games in it, because the worlds of young link and adult link were completely different in story and events. It had one of the most epic final boss fights I've ever done, it just really stepped over every boundary it could to create the greatest, most seemless game I've EVER played. ) Oh, and the volvagia fight was pure godliness too. You must admit. Must.
Treasure Hunter

Postby FefeRawft » May 2nd, 2009, 10:39 am

10 - SSBB (Hours of fun with a friend)
9 - DKC (The start of Nintendo's golden age)
8 - SMG (You would not believe how addicted I got to this.)
7 - LoZ:LA (Underated game by people who can't appreciate a wonderful game Nintendo gave to us.)
6 - SMW (Hours of fun)
5 - LoZ:OoT (Why is this overrated by some, but yet underated be others?)
4 - Paper Mario 64 (One of the last great classic games!)
3 - DKC 3 (Would have been #2.... why the cartoony look?)
2 - Mario Kart Wii (FefeRawft family champion w00t!)
1 - DKC 2 (AMAZING)

When I mention golden age I mean Early/Mid SNES - Late GBC / Early GBA, but not Gamecube, even though that would be included in that time period.
Trailblazer

Postby Rodent » May 25th, 2009, 9:56 am

In no particular order:

Smash Bros Brawl
Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask
Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Pokemon Sapphire
Conkers Bad Fur Day/Live And Reloaded
DKC series
Animal Crossing
Resident Evil 4
Elite Beat Agents

Keep in mind that if I do this list again in a few months, it'll all change.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Darth » May 26th, 2009, 4:22 am

My top 10 might be somewhat biased, as I haven't really played that many different genres of games... Oh well.

Spoiler!
10. Kirby Super Star Ultra
9. SSBB
8. DKC
7. Super Mario World
6. Animal Crossing (WW and CF)
5. Super Mario RPG
4. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Pokemon: Blue (First game I completed 100%. I even had Mew)
2. DKC2
1. Pikmin 2

9 and 10 are tied.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » May 26th, 2009, 8:14 am

Did you get mew properly or by exploiting one of the game's many glitches?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 26th, 2009, 5:41 pm

10. Mario Kart DS (DS) This game has good graphics for DS games and can be very addicting. This is the 4th one in the series, and has the best graphics.
Smudgy rating: 8/10
9. World of Goo (Computer) They all say its just a game, but this cute (And hairy) game is all about physics, and it`s one of those harder games
8. Super Mario World (SNES) Nintendo had alot of pixelated graphics in the early 1990`s. But, this was the first SNES game with a purpose.
7. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie`s Double Trouble (SNES) Nintendo knew drama! This game was Nintendo and Rare`s final DKC game, but everyone knew it wouldn`t suck. The banana birds & Bazzar Coins were all challenges.
Smudgy rating: 8.5/10
6. Fancy Pants Adventures: World 2 (http://www.candystand.com) Along with the comedy, this game had the challenge of the shell golfing, side scrolling, and 10 different pants! But, seriously. All that over ice cream?
Smudgy rating: 8.5/10
5. NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control (PS2) This game had every driver then more, create a car, even a series! The races were great. I just love it!
Smudgy rating: 9/10
4. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (PS2) If some of the best courses in the world wasn`t enough, throw in 5 made up difficult courses and target bonus games. Even a secret charecter, Sunday Tiger Woods, was just fun to look at.
Smudgy rating: 9.5/10
3. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong`s Quest (SNES) This game was crazy! It was way too fast for some. This game has been called the best DKC game, and I agree.
2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006 (PS2) It`s just like 2004, only now there`s an improved real time schedual & rivals mode.
1. Gran Turismo 2 (PS) I`m noticing some bad bugs, but no game gets bigger than this! Over 340 cars and 16 fun tracks makes this a must have.
Smudgy rating: 10/10
There`s my top 10
On Probation

Postby Darth » May 27th, 2009, 3:48 am

Gnawzooka wrote:Did you get mew properly or by exploiting one of the game's many glitches?

I got it from my friend, who used the glitch to get it in that town where you fight Misty.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » May 27th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Ah. :P
I never had any games of the first generation...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » June 2nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

I can't play the first gen games anymore... they're much too crappy. I didn't care for LG much either.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » June 24th, 2009, 10:34 am

Spoiler!
1) Donkey Kong Country 2
2) Donkey Kong Country
3) Crash Bandicoot 3
4) Timesplitters 2
5) Donkey Kong Country 3
6) Crash Bash
7)Star Wars Battlefront 3
8) Crash Nitro Kart
9) New Play Control Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
10) Super Smash Bros. Brawl

This is suspect to change, obviously.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » June 24th, 2009, 11:34 am

1. Donkey Kong Country- SNES
2. LittleBigPlanet- PS3
3. Fat Princess- PS3
4. Donkey Kong Country 2- SNES
5. Burnout Paradise- PS3
6. Glover- N64
7. Pac-Man- Arcade
8. Rampage World Tour- Arcade
9. Joust- Arcade
10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl- Wii
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Soniccuz » June 24th, 2009, 4:10 pm

1.) Donkey Kong Country 2 SNES (the first video game that was solely mine, I love the characters, atmosphere, music, and just about everything about this game).
2.) Chrono Cross PS (Great plot, cut scenes are a sight even today, music again).
3.) Legend of Dragoon (Also enjoyed the plot and characters. Cutscenes weren't as great, ironically probably because of the voice acting where Cross chose to let the stunning visuals speak for themselves. Also to note in my opinion there's enough on the first disc to be it's own game. Never mind the fact there's still 3 more to go. xD).
4.) Mother 3 GBA (Great writing, touching plot, It's Mother 3 what can I say?).
5.) Donkey Kong Country Returns (Among the most challenging platformers I've ever played. Easily my favorite game on the Wii.)
6.) Terranigma SNES (Like classic Zelda but as a classic RPG. With yet again a great plot with some great twists throughout).
7.) Chrono Trigger SNES/DS remake (I have to put both chrono games on the list, they're both outstanding RPGs)
8.) Megaman X 4 PS (I've always looked past the acting and really enjoyed the plot particularly Zeros' story. Another great platformer makes the list).
9.) Earthbound SNES
10.) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I love fighting games. I love the roster and despite it's flaws, triping, less then acquit online system, it's still a lot of fun to play.

Honorable mention goes to Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. It would of made the number 7 spot but, I've only watched tournament matches, and never actually had the chance to play the game myself.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Simion32 » July 6th, 2009, 6:20 pm

I'll be cheating the question a little here, but it effectively this is my top ten:
Spoiler!
10. Super Mario Galaxy - Great innovation on the platforming, beautiful environments, great soundtrack, and the game play you expect from a 3D Mario.
9. Donkey Kong 64 - There's a lot to do in this game, I just love going around and completing everything. Great to play when you're bored, and there are a massive amount of glitches in the game that make it even more fun. Add Gameshark hacking (via PJ64) to the mix and this game will last for several days.
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Definitively the BEST fighting game I have ever seen/played... of course Brawl has new characters, but this game was amazing. Brawl was basically "Melee++".
7. Taz: Wanted - (What?! A looney-toons game?!) Yes, this is one of the best 3D platformers that's not from any major Nintendo franchise. It has predictable cartoon graphics, but that doesn't ruin the fun. The worlds/levels in this game are quite diverse. The way this game works is,there are 7 wanted posters in a level. Every time you destroy one, you raise the bounty on your head (sort of like a high score). This bounty raises exponentially as you play through the game. It often requires skill to complete a level without getting caught by a Taz catcher (which lowers the bounty). There is a mine cart in one of the levels, somewhat akin to DK64's mine cart rides - that gets this game bonus points.
6. Paper Mario N64\Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door - Paper Mario was the first RPG I ever played, I thought it was awesome. / PMTTYD had the BEST STORYLINE EVER. It expanded on the original Paper Mario in so many ways I can't even count them all. This game is GREAT if you have an Action Replay handy - once you have beaten the game, it's fun to try out all the badges you can't get through normal play, and doing things like bumping your stats up to have things like 777BP,1024HP,1024FP
5. The legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Awesome play controls, lots of different things you can do, phenomenal storyline. The ONLY Zelda game that I have played the entire way through (minus side-quests). The ending hit me like a ton of bricks - it seriously made me cry to sleep and had me in a depression for days on end. The game was THAT immersive.
4. Banjo Kazooie\Tooie - I have these together because It's more like one whole game rather than two. Great storyline, great game play, AMAZING graphics for an N64 game(s). The SNS mystery kept me interested in BK for quite a while after I got tired of playing the game itself. Nuts & Bolts just sucks compared to the original two. I would have enjoyed seeing a Banjo-Threeie game.
3. Donkey Kong Country 3
2. Donkey Kong Country - Nothing beats this classic. Has much more "fullness" to its levels than DKC2, I'll give it that.
1. Donkey Kong Country 2 - Better difficulty than DKC. I actually have two copies of this game (actual cartridges) and one of them has never been used. (I think that on my used copy of DKC2 someone had done the castle crush glitch, because it sometimes exhibits odd behavior, sometimes files get randomly erased, etc.)
There are probably other games I could add here, but this list is only counting games that have been on a console.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Rare Lover » July 6th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Pretty straight forward.

Spoiler!
1) Donkey Kong Country 2
2) Banjo - Kazooie
3) Donkey Kong Country
4) Conker's Bad Fur Day
5)Donkey Kong Country 3
6) Pokemon Yellow
7) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
8) DK: Jungle Climber
9) Super Smash Bros.
10) Diddy Kong Racing
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2009, 2:45 am

Well, I need to change my list, because the other one was missing some pretty big ones, and it actually had a game on it that doesn't exist. :lol:
Spoiler!
1)Pokemon Gold/Silver-That's right, my favorite game ever is actually a Pokemon game. It took a lot of soul searching for me to realize that there are a few games in which I've put nearly three times as many hours into than the DKC trilogy. By the way, Gold is my actual favorite, I just included silver so it wouldn't take up the 4th or 5th spot.
2)Pokemon Blue/Yellow-Considering that I no longer have my copy(ies) of either game, I haven't put nearly as much time into them. But that's why they are so high up, they are sort of a lost treasure from my early childhood. I would trade both of my copies of Gold and my copy of Silver for these games just for the sake of revisiting the "good old days". The only thing keeping these from number one is the fact that I've put hundreds and hundreds of hours of my life into Gold and Silver.
3)Donkey Kong Country 2- Inarguably the best of the trilogy, well actually people do argue about it and they are wrong. This is the best of the Trilogy. I remember the sense of fascination while watching my older brother play through it a couple hours a day, visiting Volcanoes and Sunken Ships; roller coasters and haunted mansions; I will never forget the day my brother beat it. And then when we thought we were all done, we see the "hero" screen, and realize that we have to beat Mario and Yoshi still, and that only motivated us more. A couple of years later, when I had grown slightly, and developed better motor skills, I was ready. In time, the one who was always, "too little to play", had become the best player of them all. I spent so much time sitting on the living room floor with that game it's ridiculous.
4) Donkey Kong Country- This one never had the same feeling of wonder that the others did. Probably because I don't remember a time when we didn't have DKC, where as the sequels were very exciting purchases. But the soul fact that DKC is the only game that my Dad ever plays with me, and that I have memories of me, my dad, my brother, and my grandma all playing DKC puts this high up on my list. There's a reason I have two cartridges of the entire trilogy.
5) Donkey Kong Country 3- This one was always my least favorite, but there is one thing that makes it special: I never knew it existed until 2nd grade. I had been playing the others since I was a baby, but I had never even heard of a third installment. When I finally got a hold of one, it was probably one of the most exciting times of my life. And that's why it's number 5.
==The rest of this list doesn't really hold as much "nostalgic value", so they are less important to me==
6)Crash Bandicoot PSone Games- I was a huge Crash fan growing up.
7) Timesplitters 2- my first Game cube game, and it remains my favorite Game cube game. This is a good frickin' game!
8) Spyro Trilogy
9) Starcraft: Brood War
10) Star Wars Battlefront
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Katastrophe Kong » July 7th, 2009, 6:29 am

10. Halo 3

9. Animal Crossing City Folk

8. Paper Mario

7. Super Smash Bros Brawl

6. Super Mario Galaxy

5. New Super Mario Bros

4. Yoshi's Island DS

3. Donkey Kong Country

2. Donkey Kong Country 2

1. Super Mario World
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Cupcake Ninja » July 7th, 2009, 8:38 am

1. Pokemon Gold/Silver
2. Donkey Kong Country 2- This game taught me to love Donkey Kong. I think that this game was one of the best for the SNES.
3. Donkey Kong Country- This game was a great starter game for when I was young. It was probably one of the first games I ever played.
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. Super Mario Bros. 3
6. Rocket Power Beach Bandits
7. Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock
8. Time Splitters 2
9. Worms Armageddon
10. Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Newcomer

Postby Lampje4life » July 8th, 2009, 9:09 pm

1. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
2. Resident Evil 4 (Wii Edition)
3. Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
4. Final Fantasy VIII (PS1)
5. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Sega)
6. Pokemon Emerald (GBA)
7. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
8. Blood (PC)
9. Pokemon Stadium 2 (N64)
10. Rayman (PC)

Pretty hard.. I know DKC2 is my favourite by far, followed by RE4..

The rest is just fine :)
Trainee Trekker

Postby CoolStyleE » July 11th, 2009, 4:24 pm

This'll be fun.
Spoiler!
10. Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
9. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness (DS)
8. Tony Hawk's Project 8 (PS2)
7. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (PS2)
6. True Swing Golf (DS)
5. Line Rider (Online)
4. Ruinscape (Online)
3. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)
2. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)
1. Tony Hawk's Underground (PS2)
Trainee Trekker

Postby nickp17 » September 14th, 2009, 8:23 pm

:D As making my comeback to DKC atlas as been long in the coming, I'm glad to make my first post back a fun one.

10 - Ghost Recon (Playstation 2)

When I decided to add Ghost Recon to the list, I simply didn't know which one. So to clarify, I'm referring to all of them when I say "Ghost Recon". So why Ghost Recon over Call of Duty/Medal of Honor? It's pretty simple actually, I've just played it more. It's growing nostalgia on me and I love it!

9- Donkey Kong Country 3 (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

That crazy laugh that Bleak does when he's lobbing snowballs at you? Freaking right, It's awesome. :twisted:

8-Super Mario Brothers 3 (Nintendo Entertainment System)

I simply like this game because I'm really good at. Fun to play with family members because it's easy for me to show off with this one.

7-Super Punch Out (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

Beating Gabby Jay senseless is so fulfilling. "Yay"

6-Final Fantasy X (Playstation 2)

Storyline is amazing. I cried.

5-Battle Tanx Global Assault (Nintendo 64)

Awesome multiplayer. I've spent hours playing this with my cousins.

4-Donkey Kong Country (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

No explanation necessary.

3-NBA Jam(Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

I love how everyday you play a game it comes down to the wire.

2-Donkey Kong Country 2 (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)

The pirate theme is why I picked this over DKC1.

1-Metal Gear Solid 1 (Playstation)

Just play it. lol
Inked Imbecile
Bananas received 3

Postby neekerisanni123 » June 14th, 2010, 2:22 am

10. Pokemon Red. (Nostalgia, awesome glitches, awesome music. And sweet memories.)
9. Heroes of Might and Magic 3. (I love games like good ol' Heroes. Also, memories again.)
8. Spyro 2. (Nostalgia again :D And memories.)
7. Warcraft 3. (Umm... cookies?)
6. Rise of Legends. (Because I like it.)
5. Donkey Kong Country 3. (BIIIIG part of my childhood ^^)
4. Elder Scrolls Morrowind. (Ye oldies FTW!)
3. Pokemon HeartGold. (Yeah.)
2. Kingdom Hearts. (The first one, because Ansem is so darn sexy. ♥ SUBMIT!)
1. Donkey Kong Country. (Even bigger part of my childhood. Sweet, sweet memories. ; )

:mrgreen:
Tourist

Postby HavocReaper48 » December 1st, 2010, 8:15 am

Note: I have not gotten DKCR yet. Also, though the numeral scores vary, this is based on how much I personally like them as opposed to my scale rating of 1-10. Subject to change.
Spoiler!
1. Donkey Kong Country 2 - This is one of the most epic sequels ever. DKC2 not only accomplishes being a worthy sequel, but being even more greater than the original (if only by a slightly margin). Fantastic, tons of challenge and more depth than DKC1, huge feelings of accomplishment that were actually at times greater than DKC1'S. The gameplay innovations are great additions, the new animal buddies are cool too (but I miss Winky), and there's tons more collectibles. 10/10

2. Donkey Kong Country - everyone's absolute child favorite growing up. First game I ever played. Tons of memories from me, including that Poison Pond, and the mysterious orange life balloon on Trick Track Trek related to that one Klump that did not fall down? The graphics are bright and natural, really add to the feeling of the levels, the music is classic and you will always remember those mine carts. 10/10

3. Super Street Fighter II - Another game from my childhood. This game MADE the fighting genre. And it sure made an impact. Truly unforgettable characters, moments, gameplay, and did I mention HADOKEN & SHOOOOORYUKEN!!!. Somewhat broken, when it comes to character balancing, but who cares? Good music and paved the way for every SF game after (though I prefer Super). 9.6/10

4. Ace Combat games released for PS2 - It's hard to narrow them down, so, instead they all get a share of the third spot - Ace Combat 04, AC5, ACZero. Ace Combat 04 was my first experience in the flight simulation genre and boy was it epic. Undeniably so. AC5, which I would not get until much later, blew me away with the re-defined everything. Tons of depth. Ace Combat Zero, not as much depth, focusing on the best improvements to gameplay and control. 9, 9.5, 9.5/10

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Undoubtedly the, if not one of, the best Wii games out there. True it's character balancing is a little bad (SNAKE? SNAAAKE!!!) and the items are cheap (fan?), but it's very awesome. Who doesn't want to Falcon Punch random Nintendo characters? Beating up those Nintendo guys (or Sonic/Snake) you grew up with is so satisfying given the roster and variety. Also, we got Sonic, who sounds excellent (and by that I mean minimum voice acting for him and everyone else but Snake with his codec), and the incredible music as well. All it's missing really is a better wi-fi and DLC. 9.99/10

6. Jak 3 - This is an awesome PS2 game, I highly recommend it for any PS2 owners. This game got rid of the teen emo-Jak we got from Jak II, made the difficulty less stupid, and gave it tons of depth. You don't die because of dumb time limits or give up due to unfair checkpoints, you die because you were not skilled enough to do the objective and there's more fairness around (though the control in some areas is questionable). Light Jak is an interesting element and Dark Jak is as good as ever, especially with the cheats that allow you infinite ammo and light/dark power. We got more guns, and it's not like CoD, it plays much like a platformer as well, not to mention an entire desert to explore. 9.7/10

7. Ratchet: Deadlocked - Remove Clank, make the game gladiator like, lower the crazy amount of guns and make an incredibly good online mode and you've got Ratchet: Deadlocked. To be honest, I thought this game was a great step in the right direction for the series. Fewer weapons means less time wasted training every single weapon (the amount of weapons you have dropped from like 20 in the last game to 11) and they're more straightforward. The multiplayer is very fun and addictive, it's great blasting through hordes of enemies with a friend. 9.5/10

8. Street Fighter Alpha - Take SF2, bring back the most important guys and music, add some new fighters and super combos and you've got a worthy successor to SF2. The music is awesome remixes of familiar tunes and the other fighters' music is great as well (seriously, look up this game's soundtrack) and the chain combo system is so satisfying. 9/10

9. Metal Gear Solid 2 - Though I have not played the original, MGS2 was still a great game for me. I had to adjust to the controls but after a while I got used to it. The plot of this game is large and has tons of plot twists. Stealth gameplay is challenging especially given some of the situations but fun. Even so I have died a number of times due to the controls even after I got used to it. Throughout most of the adventure you'll play as Raiden, though I did not mind. Overall I recommend the game for PS2 owners (I myself got it used for $5... pretty outdated, so?) 9.3/10

10. Final Fantasy IV DS - My first and favorite Final Fantasy game. I do not have many other FF games myself, this is the game that got me into it. The music is awesome, though the plot is, like most games in the series, a cut-and-paste story about... CRYSTALS! And the characters are decent when it comes to uniqueness and the enemies are a bit generic (stupid bats! and cats! and rats!) but overall the battle system is good, and is a large game for the DS. I recommend to any DS owner, it's worth a playthrough (speaking of which it has ones of those "new game +" things where it expects you to go through the entire game again but with your items and such). 9/10

Honorable mentions: DKC3, Burnout 3, Monster Hunter, Lock's Quest, some Pokemon games
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 3

Postby QueenAvira » December 5th, 2010, 9:31 am

all games than have sequence buttons, action, fantasy and fights
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Phyreburnz » December 6th, 2010, 12:26 pm

I may have to update later, because I might think of something later that I didn't think of now...

Anyways, my list:
Spoiler!
1. DKC1
2. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
3. DKC2
4. Lost Vikings 2
5. Crash Bandicoot 2
6. Banjo-Tooie
7. Alfred Chicken
8. Super Mario World
9. Banjo-Kazooie
10.Lost Vikings
Honorable Mentions: DKC3, DK64, Aero the Acrobat, Castlevania Dracula X/Vampire's Kiss, Paper Mario, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Star Fox Adventures, and Super Metroid
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby PipKong » January 2nd, 2011, 1:17 pm

In approximate order, starting at best.

PC Doom - Between just playing the game, looking for and downloading maps and mods, reading forums, learning to program in 'decorate' for the zDoom source port and making mods, this game has consumed more of my time than any other. Probably the most revolutionary game of its time.

SNES Donkey Kong Country 2 - One of the most significant games of my childhood. Just the style of the game alone is probably why I now prefer darker, more realistic atmospheres. It has the best music I have have ever heard in a video game, and Dixie was an excellent choice for a new character.

N64 Banjo-Kazooie - The Stop n' Swop was one of the most mysterious secrets ever in a video game. The official stratagy guide has nothing in it about the secret eggs or ice key, and at the very end of it in the secrets section is a random picture of Sharkfood Island, where one of the eggs happens to be hidden. There were an unbelievable amount of fan theories about it, and what probably made it so mysterious is that it never worked.

GameCube Sonic Adventure 2 Battle - For a time I was completely obsessed with the Chao Gardens. I have over 270 hours on my file and unlocked all 180 emblems. I have over 70,000 rings because used to use a Gameshark on Sonic Advanced to give me unlimited rings while playing, which would cash 999 rings in the Mini Chao Garden bank every time I finished a level, then I would transfer the thousands of rings to the GameCube with a GBA transfer cable. :D

PS2 Ratchet and Clank - I actually own every game in the series, but I like the ones on the PS2 best. The original has the most value to me. I remember having a contest with my cousins to see who could save up 150,000 bolts to buy the R.Y.N.O. first. I think I played through it over 10 times on one file saving up over 2 million bolts!

-Others I don't have any thoughts on right now-
SNES Donkey Kong Country 3
PC Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
GameCube Super Smash Bros Melee
N64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
PS2 Final Fantasy X

I have to give an honorable mention to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. They are just too recent for me to rate 'best of all time'.
Tourist

Postby SimianSegue » April 4th, 2011, 3:20 pm

10. Call of Duty 4(I know, it's an fps but come on! It was soo addicting!)
9. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
8. Battletoads(Arcade version, mind you!)
7. DKC3(I thought Kiddy was the stupidest character ever and kinda made DKC3 jump the shark!)
6. NBA Jam Arcade(Boomshacklacka!)
5. Ghosts and Goblins(even wrote a story bout it! Might post it if I wanna.....)
4. DKC2(loved the music and the levels, but waaaaaaaaayy too hard)
3. Banjo Kazooie(first game I ever played)
2. Conker's Bad Fur Day(so fu**ing funny and clever!)
1. Donkey Kong Country(BEST.GAME.EVAR!!!!!!)
Trailblazer
Bananas received 4

Postby Jomingo » April 4th, 2011, 11:15 pm

I might as well update my list. By the way, I'm going to list them as entire series, just because otherwise my list would only have two series on it.
Spoiler!
1) Pokemon Series (specifically Gold, Blue, Yellow, and Snap)
2) Donkey Kong Series (DKC trilogy, DKL, DKCR, DKR, etc)
3) Crash Bandicoot Series (Crash 1, 2, 3, CTR, Bash, WoC, Nitro Kart, Twinsanity)
4) Timesplitters (2 and Future Perfect)
5) Star Wars games (Mainly Battlefront and Lego Star Wars)
6) Super Smash Bros (Mostly the original and Brawl)
7) Spyro the Dragon (The original trilogy only)
8) Banjo Kazooie (the first 2)
9) Sonic (the Genesis ones, + Adventure)
10) Mario (Bros trilogy, World, Kart(s), Galaxy, etc)

The list leaves out a lot of my favorite games though, such as Eternal Darkness, Star craft, Goldeneye 007, Call of Duty series, Killzone series, Billy Hatcher, Star Fox Adventures, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Conker, Ratchet and Clank series, Space Jam (Genesis), Toy Story (also Genesis), Bugs Life (GB), Dinosaur (GB), and many, many others.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Ribbedebie » April 8th, 2011, 4:12 am

10. Pokémon Black
9. Super Mario Galaxy 2
8. Viva Piñata
7. Donkey Kong 64
6. Conker's Bad Fur Day
5. Donkey Kong Country 3
4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
3.Donkey Kong Country
2. Banjo-Kazooie
1. Donkey Kong Country 2

Banjo-Kazooie and DKC2 are almost tied, though. Both amazing games...
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby virus_bass » April 11th, 2011, 10:53 pm

These are some of my favs and why the're great.
10.- Kirby Dreamland 3 (SNES) Music and draw grphics
9.- The Last Blade 2 (NeoGeo) It`s like a movie
8.- Cave Story (PC) Music and history
7.- Super Smash Bros. Meelee (GCN) Hours of fun
6.- Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith (PC) Beautiful and great music, and really hard
5.- TLOZ Ocarina of Time (N64) I love Link's Awekening too but this is too awesome
4.- Tetris Attack (SNES) Underrated and really fun
3.- Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver (NDS) The most complete
2.- Megaman & Bass (GBA) Excelent gameplay and more replay value.
1.- Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES) Really hard and the best music of all games until now.
(Sorry for my english)
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Mayo » April 26th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Dang, this is going to be hard...

In no particular order!:

10. Okami

9. Conker's Bad Fur Day

8. Banjo Tooie + Kazooie

7. Paper Mario: TTYD

6. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

5. Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3 & Returns

4. Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World

3. Pokemon Yellow, Diamond & Soul Silver

2. Yoshi's Island

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl + Melee

I would also like to mention Rayman, Kirby, Mario Kart, Beyond Good and Evil, and Mario + Luigi RPG series.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby Markster » April 30th, 2011, 7:49 am

Heres mine...
Spoiler!
10. Tuff E Nuff
9. Street Fighter
8. Mortal Kombat
7. Donkey Kong Country 2
6. Insaniquarium Deluxe
5. Super Mario World
4. Speedy Eggbert 2
3. Yoshis Island
2. Donkey Kong Country 3
1. Donkey Kong Country

Others
Spoiler!
Command And Conquer (PC and 64)
Speedy Eggbert
Killer Instinct
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby FefeRawft » April 30th, 2011, 11:58 am

Changed significantly since my last post:

10. Pokemon: Black (Recently bought it, easily the best in the series!)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Underrated 2D masterpiece from an amazing series of games)
8. Paper Mario (I didn't really follow the story when I played this, but it was insanely fun)
7. VVVVVV (Awesome 2D platformer for the PC, you can buy it for just $6, I highly recommend it!)
6. DKC 2 (Addicting platformer, I don't really need to say much about it here)
5. DKC 3 (Same as DKC 2)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I've realized that this isn't the best game in the series. I think the reason it's so popular is because of that epic feel you get while playing the first 3D Zelda)
3. Chrono Trigger (Best RPG I have ever played, it has an amazing story, wonderful music, and awesome gameplay)
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Direct sequel to OoT. I never fully appreciated this game until I decided to play though the entire game and get 100%. I completely understand why people like this one more than OoT)
1. StarCraft / StarCraft: Brood War (Highly addicting RTS with such a good story, awesome gameplay, epic music, and graphics that still look decent today)

#1 - 4 Are about equal, after that my game love meter ( :ugeek: ) drops a lot.
Trailblazer

Postby Katzii » April 30th, 2011, 5:01 pm

I'm still wracking my brain over which games are my top ten, but I just wanted to post to give Markster HUGE KUDOS for having the fine title known as Speedy Eggbert mentioned in his "Other Games" repertoire. I now know three people, including myself, who actually played that game.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Markster » May 1st, 2011, 3:42 am

I have known Speedy Eggbert for as long as i can remember, it was one of my first computer games, i pretty sure i first played when i was 4, and when i was 9 i got Speedy Eggbert 2, now i am 13.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby krematoa » June 28th, 2011, 1:05 am

Mine should looks like this, along with a rating on 5:

1: Donkey kong country 2: Diddy's kong quest.(4/5)
2: Donkey kong country(4/5)
3: Punch-out!! wii(4/5)
3: Donkey kong country returns(3.5/5)
4: Kirby's epic yarn ( :oops: ) (4/5)
5: Donkey kong country 3: Dixie's double trouble (not sure for the name.) (3/5)
6: Smash bros. melee (4/5)
7: Goldeneye(4/5)
8: Kirby super star ultra(3.5/5)
9: Kirby's adventure (3/5)
10: Agent under fire 007(3/5)
The wind waker and pkmn red could also fit as the 10th place. Note that the five first are not placed in a hierarchic order.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Markster » December 15th, 2011, 11:55 am

Bump!
----------
I wanted to make a new top ten best games, and for a bonus, I will throw in my top 5 least favorite.

Top 10 Favorites :
Spoiler!
Speedy Eggbert (A childhood classic for me.)
Speedy Eggbert 2 (A better version of my childhood game, I can't believe they made a sequel.)
Star Fox (Classic 3D game, I love it.)
Star Fox 2 (A even better game than the original, too bad it was unreleased.)
Sonic 1 (A great fast game that started the Sonic franchise.)
Sonic 2 (A very good sequel to a very good game.)
Super Mario All-Stars (Classic collection of all the NES Super Mario Brothers games.)
Sonic 3 / Sonic & Knuckles (A great game, expecially Sonic 3 & Knuckles.)
Super Mario World (The 4th game in the Super Mario Brothers series and my favorite out of the Super Mario Brothers series.)
Donkey Kong Country Series (This is my list, I can do what ever I want to it, I say that DKC1, DKC2, DKC3, DKL1, DKL2, DKL3, and DKCR are my favorite games of all time!!!)

Top 5 Least Favorite :
Spoiler!
Spy Games Elevator Mission (Not as bad as everyone said, but it is not very good either.)
Drake & Josh (Great show, bad game on the GBA.)
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Crappy, go take advice from AVGN, and smash it with a hammer.)
Action 52 (52 crappy games in one.)
Hong Kong 97 (The creepiest game I have ever seen, and it is stupid.)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Ninni973 » December 16th, 2011, 12:46 pm

Here's mine.

10. Donkey Kong Country Returns. - A very good sequel to DKC3, but weird cutscenes.

9. Super Mario 64. - This game is great to play for when you're bored. Making Gameshark cheats make the game addicting.

8. New Super Mario Bros. Wii. - Awesome gameplay and co-op! I beat it and don't play it anymore.

7. Wii Party. - Awesome game for vacation. Or family game night, of course. Really love playing as Miis.

6. Wii Sports Resort. - Really fun and has a vacation theme. I would love to go to Wuhu Island to vacation there.

5. Donkey Kong Country 2. - First game I ever played when I was about 1 or 3. The best in the DKC series. I loved Bramble Blast.

4. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 3. - DKC1 was really good and the game that started DKC. I loved the Tree Top Towns and the forest. DKC3, was really awesome on GBA. I grew up with the GBA version when I was younger, and I love it. Springin' Spiders was my favorite level because of the music on GBA.

3. Zelda: Skyward Sword. - It's the most challenging Zelda game I ever had. The gameplay and graphics are awesome.

2. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. - One of the best Zelda games I ever played. I like the idea of time traveling and the ocarina.

1. Zelda: Wind Waker. - The best game I EVER had. Cel-shading and gameplay make it awesome. Great to play when you had a bad day. It's like a lucky charm to me. Why is this underrated? Cel-shading is awesome!

That's all I have.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Abelll » November 19th, 2012, 10:19 pm

My top ten video games are following
1-Top Spin 4
2-Smack Down vs Raw
3-Taken 3
4-Mario
5-king of fighter 1997
6-Street fighter 2
7-Counter Strike
8-GTA vice city
9-Need for speed underground
10-cadillacs and dinosaurs
Newcomer

Postby The Banana Bird » January 17th, 2013, 12:16 pm

This is probalby the hardest thing in my life! Well, I have made my desicions and finally here we go:

10.Lego Star War's: DUDE WHAT?! I loved it when I was a kid don't make fun of my childhood :dixiecry:
9. Super Mario 64: Do I even need to go into debt with how good this one is?
8. Kirby Super Star ULTRA: Never got around to buy Super Star so I got the DS version, still was really awesome.
7. Team Fortress 2: Love it or hate it, I find this game to be addicting.
6. Minecraft: Fun to play it with my friends and when I am feeling a bit creative.
5. Super Mario Bros: NOW THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHITAKI MUSHROOMS! Real deal mario game that I loved.
4. Pokemon Series: ESPECIALLY Emerald since it was my first one.
3. The Binding of Issac: NOW THIS IS SOME SERIOUSER STUFF RIGHT HERE (is seriouser a word? :lol:) randomly generated epicness. Not worthy for number 3? I think not!
2. Mario Kart: HOLY MACARONI HOW MANY MEMORIES I HAVE OF THIS GAME WITH FRIENDS.
1. Dkc Series: Ask why and my only reply will be this :facepalm:

Anyways I wrote this like a maniac because I have Nerds and they make me HYPER. This posts epicness level? Perhaps over 10000!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Cody » January 27th, 2013, 4:00 pm

1. Mario Party 3
In my eyes, it's a beautiful masterpiece because it's perfect in every conceivable way. No delusions necessary. It will ALWAYS be my favorite game because it cannot be topped.

2. EarthBound
This game single-handedly proved to me that videogames are a work of art.

3. Rhythm Heaven
THIS is a game EVERYBODY WITH A DS needs to play. It's so great I couldn't stop playing it daily for months. Literally months. What a BEAUTIFUL game. It's about $7 on Amazon brand new, factory sealed.

4. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
In my opinion, this is the most developed out of all the DKC games. It's aesthetically beautiful, it's got wonderful music and the gameplay is great. The characters are memorable and creative. All in all a great package for what its worth.

5. Yoshi Touch & Go

6. Super Mario 64
The epitome of charming, especially levels like Shifting Sand Land and Wet-Dry World. I'm not sure what it is about the latter but I really, REALLY want to go there. In all I enjoy every playthrough tremendously. It's always a joy to collect everything.

7. Rhythm Heaven Fever
It's a fantastically creative game with a lot of challenge and charm. All Wii owners should do themselves a favor and hunt for a copy of the game--it may not be in some stores anymore but it's cheap on Amazon. It's about $12 last I checked. Instead of reading this, force yourself to get the game instead.

8. Pokemon Emerald
My favorite Pokemon game. The atmosphere is amazing and there's so much to do.

9. Rhythm Tengoku
I feel bad for people who have never played this game. It's great and by far one of the best games on the GBA.

10. Banjo-Tooie
Challenging, lots to do, great music, that "Rare" charm, etc.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Geno » March 16th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Here's mine (In no particular order)

Super Mario World (both SNES AND GBA versions)
Probably my most favourite game ever. It's also the first thing on a screen that I ever saw. And the GBA version is great because there's more GLITCHES!
Mario Kart 64
In my opinion, this is the best Mario Kart. OF COURSE, all my favourite courses from it HAVEN'T been remade in a new Mario Kart yet....
Super Mario 64
This is probably my favourite 3-D platformer ever. Although I was a little annoyed when I learned that SM64 was originally going to have 30+ levels, and it only ended up with 15...
Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)
This might be cheating, as it's 4 games in one, but I especially like the SMAS version of Lost Levels. I was bummed out when I saw they ported all the SMAS games EXCEPT SMB and Lost Levels to GBA.
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES)
I think this might have been the first DKC I ever played. Well, one thing's for certain, it's the first one I ever completed 100% (or rather, 105%)!
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest
This is the only Final Fantasy I've ever played, and probably will be the only one I EVER played. Of course, that might be a good thing.
Pac-Man World 2 (GCN)
I think this is my second favourite Pac-Man game ever (with Pac-Mania being my most favourite). It's also the first Pac-Man game I ever played.
Mega Man 8
Yes, you read that right. Mega Man 8. And yes, this IS the one with the bad voice acting. But I like it anyway.
Mega Man II (GB)
And another Mega Man game everyone hates. I know it's really easy and the music might be a little hard on the ears, but I find it to be a nice little game.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA versions)
This is pretty much the same thing to me as SMW.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby Raccoon Sam » March 17th, 2013, 11:18 pm

Sutte Hakkun (SNES)
Umihara Kawase (SNES)
Tombi (PSX)
DKC3 (SNES)
DKC2 (SNES)
DKC (SNES)
SMW2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Mother 3 (GBA)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

In no particular order. What I mean is that those are my _absolute-favorite-games-of-all-time_
Trailblazer
Bananas received 35

Return to Gaming Discussion