The Third Bi-annual DKC Atlas Elections: Primary

Where dead topics hang out.

The Third Bi-annual DKC Atlas Elections: Primary

Postby Jomingo » July 6th, 2009, 7:30 am

Well, it's that time of year again... wait a minute? Weren't these elections in September and March? Well, no longer. From now on, the Bi-Annual DKC Atlas Elections will be held during the months of July and January. July eh? Hmmm... isn't that already underway? Correct! As usual, I am late, so let's get the show on the road!

For those of you who are new to the DKC Atlas community, or if you just forgot, here's a rundown of the DKC Atlas Election. The DKC Atlas Election is a community event held twice a year. This is the Primary. During the primary any member can nominate a character that is their favorite. Any character that gets nominated by more than one individual will have made it through the primary round, and onto the Ballot. This primary round will last for 2 weeks, until July the 21st, at which time this topic will be closed and a poll topic will be created.

Guidelines:
- You may nominate one and only one character for this election.
- The character you picked must have been featured in one of the three Donkey Kong Country games. That's right, only the DKC Trilogy.
- Duplicate characters will all be counted as one.
- When you want to nominate a character, your post must be in this exact formatting:
Donkey Kong

"reasons...."

You must post the name of the character in bold formatting, and then a space between that and any reasons or other text.
Any nominations not in this format will not be counted.
- If anybody is caught trying to double vote or any foul play of the like, then they will be disqualified and nothing they have contributed will count.
- If at any time I feel it necessary to change the rules, I retain the ability to do so because I run this election, so deal with it. ;)

Happy nominating everybody!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: The Third Bi-annual DKC Atlas Elections: Primary

Postby Kiddy14 » July 6th, 2009, 9:25 am

Cat O' 9 Tales

I like cats, and the color blue =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » July 6th, 2009, 12:13 pm

Kiddy Kong

For the third time. And if K. Rool wins again, I will not be happy.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 6th, 2009, 12:51 pm

King K. Rool

I'm sorry Jo but I'm going to have to do it..again

Reasons - Reasons? He's K. Rool, he's a very in-depth villain, he likes to cosplay, he has a gun, a helicopter-jetpack, a pirate ship, and a cape..and a very, very shiny chest.

And let's face it, he's the best damn crocodile/kremling ever.

King K. Rool, everybody!

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN EDITED BY JOMINGO: DK4Ever, I know this is different from last time, but I gave very clear and specific instructions about the formatting of your post. All text is to come one line after the nomination. I have fixed yours, but this is the ONLY one that I will fix. This is a reminder to all, please follow the guidelines.

That is all.
Treasure Hunter

Postby DKM » July 7th, 2009, 3:28 am

Cranky Kong

He's the man. Also provided good comic relief in the games. DKC wouldn't be the same without him.
DKM
Tourist

Postby PotoGamer » July 7th, 2009, 7:11 am

Bazuka

He can either be an enemy or be helpful, and I like that type of enemy. The barrel blasting also makes good puzzles (such as trying to beat Koin with the steel barrels he throws).

K. Rool is cool and all but I don't want the big boss to win all the time, that would be unoriginal.
Trailblazer

Postby The Guy » July 7th, 2009, 7:32 am

Cranky Kong

He's awsome in his ways.
Veteran Venturer

Postby gamer_boy997 » July 7th, 2009, 7:33 am

Donkey Kong

He's the main character of it all, he deserves to be nominated!
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Cupcake Ninja » July 7th, 2009, 8:10 am

Manky Kong

He was only in one game but he was awesome.
Newcomer

Postby JadeRoseofChaos » July 7th, 2009, 8:20 am

Kleever

The most original boss in a Donkey Kong video game I have ever seen. Imagine fighting a possessed sword... in a volcano. :lol:
Tourist

Postby Soniccuz » July 7th, 2009, 8:52 am

Dixie Kong

When Diddy got to prove his worth he got to bring along his girlfriend. When she got her chance she had to put up with her baby cousin.

I think she earned it.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby Jomingo » July 7th, 2009, 9:25 am

And yet Diddy got his own game, while Dixie missed out on DK64. Life's not fair.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby FefeRawft » July 7th, 2009, 12:41 pm

Rattly

He can jump high, he is a snake, he's a replacement for one of Cranky's favorites, he's a snake, he's green. Also he's the best animal buddy. Oh ya, he's a green snake.
Trailblazer

Postby Sockpuppet » July 7th, 2009, 3:02 pm

Squitter

The coolest animal buddy, with the most useful and unique abilities. Unlike most people I really like the web platform sections. And Krack-Shot Kroc is fun! =D
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby CoolStyleE » July 7th, 2009, 4:30 pm

This'll interest a few:
Dixie Kong

It must be that hair, or her hat, or the way she treats her date, or her guitar, or everything. Dixie was one of those characters that just stood out in a crowd, and wasn`t afraid to show of her skittles. She puts the cool in coolio. I dom`t expect her to be forgotten for a long time.
Trainee Trekker

Postby DK4Ever » July 7th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Jomingo wrote:And yet Diddy got his own game, while Dixie missed out on DK64. Life's not fair.

Sorry mate, I thought I had set up my post in the right format, when I looked at the way you edited it, I thought that's how I had set it up before, I don't usually miss these things, y'know :)

But Jo, If I might say so, using the above quote as an example, I think you're being just a tad too serious about this whole thing, it's just the primaries after all.

Cheers, anyway, and..I do have to say I honestly hope K. Rool doesn't win..I'll probably end up dead. :(

Scary.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » July 8th, 2009, 2:05 am

CoolStyleE, your vote doesn't count because it's not in the proper formatting.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Rare Lover » July 8th, 2009, 4:33 am

Rambi

Still my favorite animal buddy. I remember riding him the first time on the first stage.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Lampje4life » July 8th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Rambi

Was a difficult choice, but Rambi got his own Music in DKC2!
Trainee Trekker

Postby K.Rool the Krool » July 9th, 2009, 12:17 pm

Cat O 9 Tails

He seems like one of the most unique villans in all three games and as far as I can tell is the only cat-like enemy in the entire trilogy ;)
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Jomingo » July 17th, 2009, 5:25 am

NOTICE: There are only 5 days until the primary is closed! Anybody who hasn't made their nomination yet better do it soon!

So far the following characters are already going to the final round:
-Cranky Kong
-Rambi the Rhino
-Cat 0 9 tails

I'd also like to take this time to remind CoolStyleE again that his vote for Dixie Kong does not count until he fixes it's formatting.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Simion32 » July 17th, 2009, 5:31 am

Dixie Kong

Out of all the characters in the Trilogy, she has the best-looking model with lots of varied colors (vs Donkey Kong's almost-all-brown coloring). Plus, she has the ponytail twirl move which comes in handy quite often - it is more versatile than Diddy's cartwheel.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Squawks

Postby asmodeus » July 18th, 2009, 10:02 am

Squawks

Short: Squawks is my favorite buddy :D.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Stone » July 21st, 2009, 8:26 am

Manky Kong

because I think it wouldn't have made sense to put another character into play now, who probably wouldn't get a second vote this late.
And it seemed like an unusual but interesting choice to do. I've also prevented another K. Rool win so far. At least for the next few minutes/hours. :)

Otherwise I'd have picked Winky, I always liked him, his design and his high jumping ability. (even with Rattly being much more controlable)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Jomingo » July 22nd, 2009, 5:16 am

Well, today is the 21st of July, and as promised, it is the end of the Primary round of the Third Bi-annual DKC Atlas Elections. Ample time has been given, and anybody who's going to vote already has, so I will be closing this topic and moving on to the final round.

Those who have made it past the Primary Nomination process are listed below:
-Cat 0 9 tails
-Cranky Kong
-Rambi the Rhino
-Dixie Kong
-Manky Kong

I have to say, I am quite surprised. All of the previous contenders are completely absent from this new Ballot. This should be interesting...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Return to Post Mortuary