Favorite Animal?

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Favorite Animal?

Postby Diddy_Gal » April 20th, 2008, 3:29 am

Does anyone has a favorite critter?
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Re: Favorite Animal?

Postby BlueTronic » April 20th, 2008, 3:32 am

Favorite animal: My dog.
Least favorite animal: My little brother.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Diddy_Gal » April 20th, 2008, 5:43 am

Hmmm... I just don't know what to say since I'm an animal lover.
OK, I mostly like monkeys, apes, lemurs, lizards, crocodiles, exotic birds, and white tigers. I love rainforest animals.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby Kiddy14 » April 20th, 2008, 8:34 am

I love felids. Mostly cats, and tigers... Yay! It's like, tigers are so cool. They have beautiul colors and the marks in their fur. Cats are also magestous, purring... OMG I just love them!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Diddy_Gal » April 23rd, 2008, 12:15 am

Hehe,that's the same thing I feel about monkeys. With their prehensile tails, acrobatic movement and those cute little faces, thery're so cheeky and mischievous.
OOOK! OOOOK! OOOOK! OOOOK! EEEEK! EEEEK! EEEEK EEEEK! EEEEK!
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby Cody » April 27th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:Favorite animal: My dog.

I laughed at that.

My favorite animal is a Bengal tiger :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Jomingo » April 28th, 2008, 8:44 am

My favorite animal is Bigfoot. Seriously, he's real.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 9:09 am

...and he has taken over your avatar!! Wait-- that's... Never mind.

My favourite animal? Frogs. They are definitely number one. I like their shapes and patterning, the way they look when hopping around, the various croaking sounds they make... Let's not forget that they eat mosquitoes and other pesky insects. Smaller frogs are the best, though.

When it's rainy where we live (as it has been in the last few days), Tess (AKA Monkeygirl) and I sometimes go for short drives to look for frogs on the road. I can't think of anything that makes me feel more sad than the thought of frogs being run over, so I drive extra slowly and hop out of the car (in the pouring rain) to rescue the frogs. :mrgreen:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 28th, 2008, 9:14 am

I agree, Frogs are really cool. Every year me and my family go up to my friends cottage on the lake because they have a barbecue party type thing there, and we always catch frogs in the yard. Last year we got 24 frogs and 1 snake. We always let them go of course.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » April 28th, 2008, 9:16 am

Somebody hopping after frogs in the rain? Can I get my video camera? :)

Please? I'll get rid of it right after I film it by mailing it to AFV I promise!
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » April 28th, 2008, 9:18 am

It's not actually as funny as it sounds. He have butterfly nets, and just cover the frogs with them so they can't jump, and then pick them up gently. It's not like we're diving in the mud after these frogs, and besides, they don't even jump that high.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 10:04 am

Nets? Never thought of using nets... We Aussies have always been known to take a more 'hands on' approach. ;)

Spoiler!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 28th, 2008, 10:06 am

Oh yeah, and how did that work out for him?

Rest in peace, you crazy bastard.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 10:22 am

He died doing what he loved... Not a bad way to go. Maybe I'll get run over next time I go frogging?

Hey. A man can dream. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby nackhe » April 28th, 2008, 11:12 am

Yeah, he died the same way as he lived.

With animals in his heart.

[/badjoke]

Don't kill me :lol:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 11:57 am

Heh, that was a nice pun, but a nasty one also... due to cleverness, I forgive you. ;)
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Cody » April 28th, 2008, 7:52 pm

Qyzbud wrote:I can't think of anything that makes me feel more sad than the thought of frogs being run over....

Poor Winky. Maybe that's why he hasn't livingly appeared in a non-port since the original Donkey Kong Country :(
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby RawkHawk2010 » April 28th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Crocodiles.

Platypi are cool too. They defy science! :O
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » April 28th, 2008, 10:56 pm

Rawky! It's been a while. :) I must have lured you here with that grizzly-looking beast above... or maybe the croc he's holding.

So you like Aussie fauna? They are a wonderfully bizarre lot. Especially those monotremes!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 29th, 2008, 5:50 am

Indeed, it does look as though god was messing wit us when he created the Platypus.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 29th, 2008, 11:03 am

Agreed. It seems like he took all the best parts of a duck and a beaver... closed his godly eyes... hoped for the best... and...

Voila!
platypus.jpg
platypus.jpg (18.11 KiB) Viewed 128880 times
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Metroixer » April 29th, 2008, 11:21 am

Ooh, this is a tough one for me :P.

Well, if I HAD to choose I would say the....

I can do this :P. I'll say my favorites are dogs. They really are man's best friend, their playful, horribly cute, and make good company. I love dogs ♥.
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » April 30th, 2008, 6:46 am

Even weirder about the platypus, it's a mammal, but it lays eggs! This goes against the definition of a mammal, and it confuses me so!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » April 30th, 2008, 3:10 pm

...and laying eggs is one of the best things about a duck. :D

But yeah; in a mammal, that's pretty messed up!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby RawkHawk2010 » May 6th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Qyzbud wrote:Rawky! It's been a while. :) I must have lured you here with that grizzly-looking beast above... or maybe the croc he's holding.

So you like Aussie fauna? They are a wonderfully bizarre lot. Especially those monotremes!

Indeed it has. :O

I'd like to have a pet Platypus one day... too bad they have poison hind leg spurs rumored to have put people in the hospital for months. Ouch.

You could probably get those removed, though.
Tourist

Postby Jomingo » May 7th, 2008, 7:28 am

I don't know, good luck with that. It's a law where I live that you can't have potentially dangerous pets ever since some ladies pet Racoon literally ate her babies face off in the night.

True story, I kid you not.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » May 8th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Apart from maybe frogs/goldfish, are any pets not *potentially* dangerous? I've known some pretty savage cats and dogs. :shock:

For those of you keen to read some late-breaking platypus news, I just noticed a very recent New Scientist article you might find interesting.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » May 9th, 2008, 6:56 am

Qyzbud wrote:Apart from maybe frogs/goldfish, are any pets not *potentially* dangerous? I've known some pretty savage cats and dogs. :shock:

Well, you have a point. But of course, if the animal ever bites a human they are often put down. If it were somethinglike a poisonous platypus, they wouldn't even let you take the chance.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 4:49 am

Here it is:

Cats on Air

A perfect photo from the most perfect animal, showing its perfect perfection! :D
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 15th, 2008, 11:12 am

I like turtles. :P

Oh, and HAS THERE BEEN A MURDER?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 11:28 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Oh, and HAS THERE BEEN A MURDER?

You mean the puppy?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 15th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Erm... possibly... But the only way you could've obtained this information is through MURDER!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » June 15th, 2008, 12:13 pm

Oh, don't bother going into the bush... I've learned some dark secrets there. :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, this is awkward. I seem to have slipped into a time warp and the person whom I am replying to hasn't even posted yet. Drat.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » June 15th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Oops, I deleted the wrong post :lol:

No! I gotta hide!

*goes into Jomingo's bush*
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » June 15th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Well, not only have you made this topic confusing to read, you have also continued with the Bush discussion, which as I suggested previously should be taken to the Joke Thread or Random thoughts topic. Because you didn't listen to me, you are both BANNED!!!

Just kidding. But don't tempt me. :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » July 29th, 2008, 10:14 am

Favorite : Chimpanzees

Least Favorite : Humans (I've met too many ignorant humans in my life, that they've earned their place at the bottom of my animal list. Except for DK Fans (They're just good people) and other humans who have earned my respect, sorry for sounding so melancholy, but it's true.
Treasure Hunter

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 21st, 2009, 5:26 pm

Hay hay Diddy_Gal & other peoples who posted here. I have two favorites: meerkats & lynxs. Meerkats and Lynxs are somehow cute to me, what`s your opinion?
On Probation

Postby Gnawzooka » May 21st, 2009, 5:59 pm

Jomingo wrote:
Qyzbud wrote:Apart from maybe frogs/goldfish, are any pets not *potentially* dangerous? I've known some pretty savage cats and dogs. :shock:

Well, you have a point. But of course, if the animal ever bites a human they are often put down. If it were somethinglike a poisonous platypus, they wouldn't even let you take the chance.

Platypuses don't have a poisonous bit though. :P
And it's only males whihc have the little point on their hand, I believe...
Anyway, that's enough replying to year old posts for today. :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » May 21st, 2009, 9:39 pm

I'm a big fan of cats. Their personality matches mine, kinda. Lazy...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby PotoGamer » May 22nd, 2009, 5:30 am

Camels. After giving a long, long presentation in class about them, they have some of the best adaptations I've seen! Oh yeah, and they're also kinda cute.

My second favorite animal: the platypus.
Trailblazer

Postby Tiptup Jr. » May 24th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Kay, I have two new favorites:

1. The orangutan.
2. The betta, also known as a "Siamese fighting fish". I kept one named Larry from about 2004 to 2007, and he could kick some ass. One time by brother got another betta and put his tank next to Larry's, and Larry came up to the glass and flared out his gills and crap. So, yeah, they're pretty much awesomesauce.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby old_buzzard » May 27th, 2009, 1:39 am

Favorite animal? I don't know, I love 'em all.
Tourist

Postby Yure16 » December 2nd, 2009, 12:57 am

Kong-Fu wrote:Favorite animal: My dog.

And I agree.
Tourist

Postby Qyzbud » December 2nd, 2009, 10:20 am

That was an awfully pointless bump.

However, I would like to add Siamangs and Orangutans as favourite animals of mine! They are both really beautiful creatures, and siamangs are amazingly athletic and confident as they swing through branches. Gibbons are also really cool, and are pretty similar to siamangs (they are both 'lesser apes'). In fact, there are lots of really awesome primates...

I'm with DK4Ever, though - humans would have to be my least favourite animal/primate. We're such a selfish, destructive species... :|
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Gnawzooka » December 2nd, 2009, 5:27 pm

If apes had our technology they would be no less destructive. Chimps are already known to wage war against each other. A dominant female will eat the children of other females... apes are less friendly than they appear.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 18th, 2010, 1:45 pm

Yeah, totally bumping this because I feel there was an epic conversation coming on that never got a chance to bloom. Anyway.

So on the subject of humans being one's least favorite "animal"... We're not really animals in the fact that we have souls. We're people. I've gotten very attached to my pets before, but at the end of the day, they die and you flush 'em down the toilet. It sucks, and I hate it. But that's just the way it is.

Like, you can look at a newborn puppy and think, "oh, it's so cute!", but guess what? That's all that it is. You can't talk to that animal, reason or trade with it- for some reason or another, it's just there. God made all these animals for us, and while sometimes His creations seem strange (like obscure deep-sea creatures that we'll never see), it just makes this world that much more enjoyable while we're here.

We also, y'know, have free will- it's considered morally wrong if a man kills his brother but if a big dog came up and killed some guy, you wouldn't take the dog to court and sentence him to jail time, you'd just kill it. I mean really, to science we may all just be another species or something but I don't like to look at it like that. I dunno.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » January 18th, 2010, 2:10 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:So on the subject of humans being one's least favorite "animal"... We're not really animals in the fact that we have souls. We're people. I've gotten very attached to my pets before, but at the end of the day, they die and you flush 'em down the toilet. It sucks, and I hate it. But that's just the way it is.

At the end of the day people day,and you stick them in the ground. I fail to see the difference, other than that humand don't fit down the toilet.
Like, you can look at a newborn puppy and think, "oh, it's so cute!", but guess what? That's all that it is. You can't talk to that animal, reason or trade with it- for some reason or another, it's just there.

Actually you can talk to animals. Through repetition they can even understand you, the same way babies do. How do you think you tell a dog to sit? Animals learn the same way people do, the only difference is a degree of intellegence. But then not all humans are intellegent either; I'm referring of course the mentally retarded. How is a dog different to a retard? Because the retard can talk back?
God made all these animals for us, and while sometimes His creations seem strange (like obscure deep-sea creatures that we'll never see), it just makes this world that much more enjoyable while we're here.

Oh yeah, like Crocodiles,sharks and bears, and other various predators, that kill and eat us. Or tapeworms and other painful parasites. Or Mosquitoes, that spread various diseases, including deadly viruses such as AIDS and horrible parastes such as elephantiasis? Not to mention the diseases themselves, which are lso living things,which God supposedly created.
We also, y'know, have free will- it's considered morally wrong if a man kills his brother but if a big dog came up and killed some guy, you wouldn't take the dog to court and sentence him to jail time, you'd just kill it.

I'm fairy certain we aren't the only creatures with free will. Also Morales are actually very subjective, not all people believe that killing is wrong, and other animals certainly don't share our opinion.

That's all for now, feel freeto rebuttle. :)
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 18th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Erm, yeah, pretty tired and all, but I was just sayin': People =/= animals.

And that first part with flushing the fish down the toilet, I meant that's when their lives stop- but when a person dies on this Earth they actually move on to something else. Everything else pretty much still stands, methinks.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » January 18th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:And that first part with flushing the fish down the toilet, I meant that's when their lives stop- but when a person dies on this Earth they actually move on to something else. Everything else pretty much still stands, methinks.

I was going to try and argue but decided it would be futile to try and convince a religious person that their beliefs might not actually be right...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Next

Return to Anything Goes