The Random Thoughts Topic

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Re: The Random Thoughts Topic

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 15th, 2009, 11:52 am

Editing the swears out of your posts is good.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby PotoGamer » January 15th, 2009, 9:47 pm

I don't have any school tomorrow, but I have to do my science fair project anyway, so I don't think I'll ever get time to relax. And I'm even more stressed because I haven't called my former Science/Math teacher who is now the manager of my school's literary magazine, the Ink Pot (the second edition is dead and unpublished since 2007) to make the layout/design, since I'm the graphic designer. I don't think that the magazine will be ready for February... :(

Rodent wrote:My CD collection has reached 60 now. Weeoo!

I've got 100s of CDs at my house, but the only ones I've bought are the DKC1/3 OSTs and another called Im Not Listening. Only 3 CDs. :lol:
Trailblazer

Postby The Guy » January 16th, 2009, 8:50 am

Grrr... Those dumb guys trying to prevent my friend from reforming after spamming since they're sysops, yet they flame him anyway...

I can't believe they CAN'T remember who is being the one to motivate my friend spamming more! They ar total idiots who don't want spam, but don't want someone to reform!
Veteran Venturer

Postby Kiddy14 » January 16th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Spoiler!
I can't believe this picture is still here...

People's like that, they do something they know is bad and when they have to show up they just "wash their hands" by having others take the responsibility :roll:
I learned that a while ago, and since then, I don't trust people anymore, ever :o
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 17th, 2009, 7:42 am

That picture was taken on my birthday. :shock:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Rodent » January 18th, 2009, 6:21 pm

Maybe someone took it for you as a present.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby PotoGamer » January 18th, 2009, 7:33 pm

My mom uses SPAM (lol) to make sandwiches for parties sometimes...and they're one of the best things ever!

So this week I've noticed that for some strange reason, I've been listening to my Pu-Li-Ru-La disc on a CD player (PSX discs work on CD players) too much. I've been listening to the same disc for 2 hours in a row and it's insanely addictive. Plus, today I also played the game when one of my sister's friends came, but since the game is an import and needs to be played on a Boot Disc (which apparently can't read the CD-DA files of a game when used) there's absolutely no music, and the fun thing is playing it with the weird music! But now, I've finally stopped listening to it and prefer to listen to these. I particularly like the first one.

I remember the old spam commercials that used to air on TV here that said "SPAM!" :lol:

And what's up with the :mrgreen: smiley? I never understood its purpose besides it being green and happy.
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » January 20th, 2009, 1:30 pm

So, anyone miss me? Iwent to Forster on Holidays for a week. They were meant to have an Internet Cafe but it was broken. :cry:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 26th, 2009, 11:02 am

Oh... yeah. I guess. :P

Nah, it's cool that you're here. I jest. (Internet is very hard to come by on vacations, I know...)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » January 26th, 2009, 8:09 pm

My computer is a jerk. It keeps killing it's power supplies. :evil:

Also, WHOO! AUSTRALIA DAY!!!
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 27th, 2009, 7:59 am

YES! I DON'T CARE, BUT YES!!!

So, is that like your guys' Fourth of July or something...? :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » January 27th, 2009, 10:39 am

I think it's more of something like... the colonization of Australia? XP
I still wonder why people in the US celebrate El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (Cinco de Mayo)... if the idea is to "conmemorate" Mexico, isn't it more obvious to celebrate El Día de la Independencia, Mexico's Independence Day? It has more importance than that battle against the French :S
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » January 27th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Eh, we just call 'em as we see 'em. Cinco de Mayo just has that ring to it, I dunno... Anyone care to back me up here? :P

On a completely unrelated subject, CliffsNotes are a life saver. I just read four chapters of an entire book in a few minutes! Yayyyyyyy.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Rodent » January 27th, 2009, 8:53 pm

Happy Australia Day for yesterday.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » January 31st, 2009, 11:08 am

Yay! The internet at my mum's works!
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 1st, 2009, 6:49 pm

I was wondering where you went. :|

I should do some homework later...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 12th, 2009, 12:11 am

So, those Australian wildfires are all over the news... condolences to our Aussie Atlasites until everything clears up. Hope nobody gets hurted.

Also: All of the hallway (and some classroom) lights are out in my school. That economic slump is finally hitting me. :?
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Rodent » February 12th, 2009, 8:32 am

I'm ok, I'm pretty sure Qyz is ok (no clue where his adventures may lead him...) and to the best of my knowledge, Gnawzooka and Kowbrainz are over in WA. So unless I missed someone, we're ok.

There's 181 people (last I checked) that aren't though. Not to mention the 1000 houses burnt down, 1 million dead animals...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 12th, 2009, 11:58 pm

I know. There was this really cute koala bear on the news that they rescued and were treating for second and third degree burns... it was sad. But at least we're all still kickin'! :)

Yayyyy.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Rodent » February 13th, 2009, 8:25 am

I think I've seen that bear. The CFA are calling it Sam.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » February 13th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Rodent wrote:I'm ok, I'm pretty sure Qyz is ok (no clue where his adventures may lead him...) and to the best of my knowledge, Gnawzooka and Kowbrainz are over in WA. So unless I missed someone, we're ok.

Other side of the ccontinent actually. :) But yeah, the Central Coast is still a long way from Victoria.
Dunno about Qyz or DKCP though. :shock:
EDIT: Oh, and then I see the posts made by both of them earlier today. :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DKCplayer » February 14th, 2009, 8:05 am

^
:P I'm alright. I'm far from the fires. They sure are depressing though. :( At school, I'm in a group where we cook for the staff. The money goes towards a camp we have every year. But at the moment, the money's going into the Red Cross Bushfire Appeal. I'm glad I'm helping in some way. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby PotoGamer » February 14th, 2009, 8:41 am

I think I've been under a rock lately...I didn't know there were wildfires over there! :o I hope that everyone's okay...

That's pretty cool, DKCp! I wish I could do more community service than helping people study for tests and such. :( However, I've helped clean up part of the school during my lunch break, that must mean something, right?
Trailblazer

Postby CaptainEddie » February 16th, 2009, 9:40 am

Um...I'm on the golf team.

(Ya played that one well, Cap'n.)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Rodent » February 18th, 2009, 10:14 am

There's a 20-20 cricket match here on Saturday, but I'm not here for it. I'm gonna give one of my friends $5 to give to the bushfire victims on my behalf.

In other charity news, I'm on the Student Representative Council, and we organise fundraisers and stuff.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby DKCplayer » February 19th, 2009, 3:46 pm

PotoGamer wrote:I've helped clean up part of the school during my lunch break

That helps. My school has rubbish everywhere. Don't they know what a bin is?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Rodent » February 19th, 2009, 5:03 pm

They do, but it's too much hassle to stand up.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » February 19th, 2009, 5:09 pm

I just put it in my pocket until I happen to be near a bin.
376th post! :o :lol: :ugeek:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 20th, 2009, 10:40 am

That is quiet the occasion.

Sorry I never got back to you about the Brawl match on the weekend. Dad had a heap of friends around Saturday.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » February 20th, 2009, 4:42 pm

Hey that's alright. I think I ended up having to get off anyway or the computer would've died.
Wanna try it tomorrow? (as in Saturday)
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 22nd, 2009, 4:15 pm

I wasn't here, but next weekend should work out well for me.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » February 22nd, 2009, 7:03 pm

Actually, I'm going somewhere on the weekend. Well, I might be able to on Sunday, but it's my Brother's birthday....
We'll see. :(
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 27th, 2009, 6:51 pm

Wait and see, yeah.

The scariest thing happened Wednesday night. My cat, who's a little "special", was playing with a mouse on the lawn. He left it alive and ran off to take a dump or something, then Mum made me throw a brick at the mouse to kill it. I felt so bad dropping the brick on it, but knew it was what had to be done. Anyway, we went inside and had tea, and mum's friend who joined us bought out Kinder Surprises for dessert. Karma is out to get me - I got a toy mouse with a mouse trap as my "surprise".
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » February 27th, 2009, 8:24 pm

i FIND THAT FUNNY.
sO DOES MY FRIEND nICK. :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 27th, 2009, 9:51 pm

You've been drinking, havn't you? :|
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Kiddy14 » February 28th, 2009, 6:22 am

Karma is evil... yeh...
You know the weirdiest thing that has ever appeared to me in a Kinder Surprise is... another kinder surprise :?
It was like all squished inside the other one, and had little plastic pieces. Silly machine, Ferrero should check product quality before they sell them...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby DKCplayer » February 28th, 2009, 11:12 am

Hmm, looks like it isn't called 'Kinder Surprise' for nothing. I used to have Yowies instead.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Kiddy14 » February 28th, 2009, 2:57 pm

The weather also seems like a surprise XD
Today in the morning, where I live the minimum temperature was 14°C(57°F), and the maximum reached 38°C(100°F)...
Seriously, WTH? I took my sweater with me in the morning because it "was" cold and in the afternoon I had to change my jeans to some shorts because it was really hot...
Sorry for the sudden change in topic =P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Gnawzooka » March 1st, 2009, 4:20 pm

Rodent wrote:You've been drinking, havn't you? :|

No I just put capslock on accidentally. :x
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » March 4th, 2009, 9:52 am

Sure sure. ;)

The weather here's gone all cloudy and windy. We even got some rain yesterday. I liked it because I didn't have to wash my car after. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 29th, 2009, 3:49 am

Diddy's in Brawl.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » March 29th, 2009, 11:25 am

I should play Brawl more, for some reason I jsut stopped playing... I only need to unlock...1 challenge I think.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 29th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Hmm . . . With Diddy in Brawl, the Saucer of Peril lying in defeat, and the Nintendo DSi unleashing the power of SD card support, it seems that my purpose in the gaming world is almost complete. After the release of Tooie on the Xbox Live Arcade, which will bring an end to the Stop 'n' Swop Era, I will temporarily leave on a journey to spiritual enlightenment and self-awareness. This will prepare me for the apocalyptic events predicted to occur in 2012, which will dethrone Nintendo as the leading manufacturer of video games and plunge millions of the world's people into suicide. It gets hazy after this, but I believe the dimensions will then merge at this point and reduce the Milky Way to a heap of smoldering rubble and noxious fumes. Once the Chosen Ones establish the placement of computer technology in this new universe, I will visit the DKC Atlas again to determine if those of you who haven't been killed are worthy of immersing yourselves in the new, and vastly superior, world of inter dimensional video gaming. For now, I bid you all farewell; ye shan't be forgotten.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Gnawzooka » March 29th, 2009, 3:13 pm

Oh dear, the man has gone insane.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » March 29th, 2009, 4:17 pm

You should write a Fan Fiction.
Jomingo wrote:Don't forget we'll be having one again in March!

It's almost April now =P
But it also seems Jo has been busy...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Simion32 » March 30th, 2009, 3:24 am

Ha, April Fools day. Always a cause for havoc. In that case, I'm doing a full hard drive back-up. There's no telling what kind of ridiculous scam is going to hit the fan on the 1st.

I'm going to have my computer stay offline for the day, word is there's a virus called Conficker that could screw a lot of people over.

I'll just use my old computer as an experimental platform to see if this virus is headstrong enough to overcome Kaspersky... I sure hope not. Of course, trying to infect my older computer won't work too well - I put deepfreeze on it to keep it from randomly glitching up.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Swing King » March 30th, 2009, 4:55 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:Hmm . . . With Diddy in Brawl, the Saucer of Peril lying in defeat, and the Nintendo DSi unleashing the power of SD card support, it seems that my purpose in the gaming world is almost complete. After the release of Tooie on the Xbox Live Arcade, which will bring an end to the Stop 'n' Swop Era, I will temporarily leave on a journey to spiritual enlightenment and self-awareness. This will prepare me for the apocalyptic events predicted to occur in 2012, which will dethrone Nintendo as the leading manufacturer of video games and plunge millions of the world's people into suicide. It gets hazy after this, but I believe the dimensions will then merge at this point and reduce the Milky Way to a heap of smoldering rubble and noxious fumes. Once the Chosen Ones establish the placement of computer technology in this new universe, I will visit the DKC Atlas again to determine if those of you who haven't been killed are worthy of immersing yourselves in the new, and vastly superior, world of inter dimensional video gaming. For now, I bid you all farewell; ye shan't be forgotten.

Sorry for quoting the looooong above post but I second this.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Tiptup Jr. » March 30th, 2009, 5:43 am

Alright, yeah, I think I'm going to utilize my awesomeness by taking up Kiddy's suggestion and writing a fan fiction. So . . . I might be gone for awhile. :P
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Simion32 » March 30th, 2009, 5:51 am

Tiptup Jr. wrote:I will temporarily leave on a journey to spiritual enlightenment and self-awareness. This will prepare me for the apocalyptic events predicted to occur in 2012
According to much of 2012 material I've exposed myself to, there won't be any doomsday - that's just a bunch of media hype.
Tiptup Jr. wrote:(...) which will dethrone Nintendo as the leading manufacturer of video games and plunge millions of the world's people into suicide (...)
Nintendo will die out sooner or later. I'm still a Nintendo fan, but in my opinion they have been getting worse over the last few years. If they get a DK platformer (not JB) and Pikmin 3 out, then I'll be OK with them, but currently they're subpar with what I usually expect. :roll:

I'll momentarily start a 2012 topic for anyone who wants to discuss. EDIT: Here's the 2012 topic/thread.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Kiddy14 » March 30th, 2009, 12:37 pm

Simion32 wrote:I'm going to have my computer stay offline for the day, word is there's a virus called Conficker that could screw a lot of people over.

Doesn't that virus already exist?
It appeared in my video camera after I plugged it in my uncle's laptop XD
But Nod32 saved the day 8-)

... You know, I really wanted to have a 3rd Bi-annual DKC Atlas Election :cry:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes