What are you Playing Right Now?

Talk about any games outside of DKC's scope.

Re: What are you Playing Right Now?

Postby DKCplayer » October 24th, 2008, 3:51 pm

I've been playing a Yoshi's Island Hack. It's called SMW2+. It's much more challenging than the original.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Kowbrainz » October 25th, 2008, 1:05 am

Just beat Grabbed by a Ghoulies, so finally I can remove a game from my 'currently playing' list.

Fantastic game, though. A shame that the hint of a sequel at the end didn't come to be.
I'm thinking about going through it again soon, to take snapshots of all the Rareware references if I can. From what I can recall the only reference to DKC is a swordfish decoration thing you can whack enemies with. There were some monster heads at the beginning though, two of which resembling Banjo and Kazooie, and people have said that one resembles DK too.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Stone » November 16th, 2008, 6:21 am

Today I tried to start playing Secret Of Mana 2, but I coudn't decide on which characters I should choose.
After reading party guides for over an hour, I started playing Tetris & Dr. Mario :roll:
And a quick session of Tetris Attack for my "new" avatar :mrgreen:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Gnawzooka » November 16th, 2008, 10:51 am

I'm getting close to completely finishing DKC2 for teh first time ever. Just need 10 kremkoins and 9 DK coins...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby gamer_boy997 » November 16th, 2008, 11:07 am

I have mostly just been playing the DKC series, but I might break out my N64 and play Paper Mario and DK64, I really like those games.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby The Angry Sun » November 16th, 2008, 12:11 pm

I'm playing some Knuckles in Sonic 2 thanks to the Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube. :D
Trainee Trekker

Postby PotoGamer » November 17th, 2008, 8:27 am

I'm playing Arkanoid: Doh It Again (I'm on round 23, and round 22 was a bit hard) on the SNES, and some Claymates, F-Zero, and Killer Instinct on the side.
Trailblazer

Postby Qyzbud » November 17th, 2008, 8:40 am

Just played some Super Mario Kart the other day - boy was I rusty! I think that's one game in which I *won't* choose to play as DK again any time soon. :P No matter who you choose, the handling feels pretty sloppy to me, and the gameplay in general is quite unforgiving. Or maybe I'm just no good at the game. :?:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Stone » November 17th, 2008, 8:50 am

The CPU is clearly cheating in Mario Kart. So frustrating... :evil:
I finally made a decision what team I'll use in Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret Of Mana 2)!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby PotoGamer » November 17th, 2008, 8:59 am

Super Mario Kart is one of my LEAST favorite Mario Kart games. The handling is sloppy, it's tough to play in 2 player mode, and the CPU is cheating! :x Why? The CPU has an infinite amount of a certain item. (for example, DK has an infinite amount of bananas, Mario has an infinite amount of mushrooms...) F-Zero is pretty much the same as Mario Kart, it has the same flaws, but it doesn't have 2-player mode.
Trailblazer

Postby Tompa » November 18th, 2008, 5:35 am

Got Order of Ecclesia today. I played until the battery died. I should have saved more... :D
So I'll stick to some Pokémon Crystal while my DS is charging.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby SLY JO » November 20th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Halo 3 (SLASO) and Super Mario Kart.
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Angry Sun » November 23rd, 2008, 8:45 am

Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga...
I'm at Level 5. :D
Trainee Trekker

Postby Gnawzooka » November 23rd, 2008, 12:22 pm

I've been playing a bit of that. Also Pokemon Diamond. Stupid ghost Gym... Mismagius is su[er effective against my entire party. :x
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » November 23rd, 2008, 6:45 pm

I have a pretty big list of games I needa play, either for the first time or again:

Metroid Prime 2
Red Steel
The Godfather
Guitar Hero World Tour
A Link To The Past, but I'll do this when I do a Zelda series streak, which then adds another 5 games...

Ten games. Add Animal Crossing City Folk into the mix once I get that, and the DKC series and I'd say that I'm set for the school holidays and well into first term. :)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby PotoGamer » November 24th, 2008, 2:01 am

I'm currently playing...

- Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Arkanoid: Doh it Again (I beat Doh on his second form, but it all turned out to be a hoax, it was just a fake world created by Doh :x )
- Uniracers (started to play it out of pure curiosity)
- Claymates (not much progress)

Strangely enough, I haven't played the DKC series for a while now. :o
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » November 24th, 2008, 5:38 pm

PotoGamer wrote:- Arkanoid: Doh it Again (I beat Doh on his second form, but it all turned out to be a hoax, it was just a fake world created by Doh :x )

Did you then say "D'oh!"?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby SLY JO » November 24th, 2008, 10:30 pm

PotoGamer wrote:Claymates (not much progress)

Top game. Very hard and annoying because you cannot save though (even though you can world warp).

What level/world you up to?
Trainee Trekker

Postby Kowbrainz » November 25th, 2008, 12:32 am

Banjo-Kazooie on the Xbox Live Arcade.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby PotoGamer » November 25th, 2008, 6:11 am

SLY JO wrote:
PotoGamer wrote:Claymates (not much progress)

Top game. Very hard and annoying because you cannot save though (even though you can world warp).

What level/world you up to?

Fortunately, I can savestate! I once did the world warp to Cape Claynaveral, but I decided to finish the game the traditional way.

I'm up to Streets of Clay (World 1, Level 3). :lol: But it's because I've been playing a lot of Animal Crossing.
Trailblazer

Postby Kowbrainz » November 26th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Finished BK XBLA this morning. I have top 5 times in all levels right now but some people have glitched Bubblegloop Swamp and managed to get 103/112 notes there, so yeah... hope the thing gets fixed. Otherwise I'm now shooting for the top of the leaderboards.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby PotoGamer » November 27th, 2008, 3:18 pm

The most I'm playing is Sonic the Hedgehog with the Debug Mode cheat enabled. I wonder how they had the guts to include a cheat as extreme as that! :?

And one game I'd like to play is Pu.Li.Ru.La, but it was only released in Japan for home consoles. :(
Trailblazer

Postby gamer_boy997 » December 7th, 2008, 11:34 am

I broke out my N64, so I'm currently playing Paper Mario and DK64. I just started a speedrun on Paper Mario, currenty in the begginning of Chapter 2 with... a little under 1:30? Anyways, the last time I checked, the world record was 5:04, and I thought, "I wonder how close I will get... maybe I will break the record!", then, about an hour ago, looked on the web and realized the new record is 3:38! Both runs were done in fifty-something segements, maybe... I can get a better time with less segements? Nah... what's the chances of that?

*Tries to think positively* It can happen... it can happen...
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby DKCplayer » December 7th, 2008, 12:55 pm

I'm playing Mario Kart 64.
Even though it's not real, I had a bash at the stupid Marty rumor. I knew it wasn't true. :x
PotoGamer wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog with the Debug Mode cheat enabled.

I like using that cheat on STH2 or 3. That way, I can put a spring near Tails and put another one so he bounces back. :lol:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » February 1st, 2009, 2:37 pm

I just finished Super Mario World. Now I've been playing the 2 player mini game things in SMB3. :)
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » February 15th, 2009, 9:58 pm

Animal Crossing, and a Zelda game. Not sure which I'll play through yet.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Kiddy14 » February 17th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Trying to play The Sims 2, but apparently my video card isn't powerful enough :|
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Katastrophe Kong » April 3rd, 2009, 12:07 pm

Well right now I'm on the last world of Yoshi's Island DS. Its a very good game :D .
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby gamer_boy997 » May 2nd, 2009, 1:24 pm

I just played Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, I'm on my second playthrough, and I'm in the Glitz Pitz, trying to become the champ.

Spoiler!
Did anyone else know that even after you become the champ and quit, you can still come back to Glitz Pitz and become the champ again?
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby PotoGamer » May 2nd, 2009, 2:10 pm

I've been replaying my GB and DS games, especially New Super Mario Bros.

Glitz Pit is one of my favorite chapters in the game. It's because of the battles, the mystery, and leveling up.

Spoiler!
And when you become champ again, you can fight as many times as you want with Rawk Hawk and stay in the Champion's Room! :D
Trailblazer

Postby Simion32 » May 3rd, 2009, 3:52 am

I recently was playing Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

Spoiler!
I finally beat each world without using a continue (gives you a crown when you beat a world without a continue)! Level 8 was a pain to get a crown on. Now I have to face theIMPOSSIBLY DIFFICULT level 9, Sinking Swamp. Sure you can beat it with several continues, but with only 3 lives?! This level is EVIL. :twisted:

In PMTTYD, I think my stats were something like:
HP: 100, FP: 85, BP: 777 (bp was hacked, I never upgraded it during gameplay)

I also used a variant of the "every badge" code where you can get beta badges. I modified the code to give me like 22 Flower Saver badges, so that I can use any FP consuming move for only 1FP. I didn't do this until I had beaten the game, though, as that would have ruined it entirely.

There was, surprisingly, an All-or-Nothing(p) badge. I wonder why they never used it....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby DK4Ever » May 13th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I've kinda been messing around with a few things;

Been playing ALOT ALOT of Street Fighter 4, trying to get to the point where Akuma + me = uber special godliness...not going to happen any time soon, methinks.

Other than that, been going for a perfect run in SM64, and I've collected every star and coin from the first 5 worlds, but hit a bit of a snag in Hazy Maze Cave, unable to even get over 100, I was so confused, haven't done it in a long time, still that's no excuse :(

And of course, I've been playing DKC2
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tompa » May 17th, 2009, 8:59 am

Main project: My DKC 101% TAS.
And when I'm not doing that, I'm playing Illusion of Gaia which I began playing yesterday, nice game so far at least.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 45

Postby Rodent » May 21st, 2009, 10:53 pm

I just finished my first project of 2009: I Wanna Be The Guy. Coming up next: I needa replay alot of my older games.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Gnawzooka » May 22nd, 2009, 6:21 pm

Kirby Super Star Ultra.
After playing this I've discovered how they made ths Subspace Emmesary.
Thay went into KSS and pressed 'ctrl+A', then 'ctrl+c'. Then they went back over to Brawl and pressed 'ctrl+v', fiddled with it a little and ta-da! SSE.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby PotoGamer » May 23rd, 2009, 6:23 am

Wow, that's exactly what I've been playing! :o Yeah, I thought SSE was unique, until I saw it was AN EXACT COPY of KSS. I finally got 100% on Milky Way Wishes, but The True Arena is just cruel. (The farthest I've gotten is up to the 8th boss...)
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » May 23rd, 2009, 5:17 pm

What's teh true arena?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby PotoGamer » May 23rd, 2009, 6:01 pm

Teh TRUE Arena is...
Spoiler!
a mode that you unlock once you beat Helper to Hero one time.
It's like The Arena except you face off against the new bosses of the game, but it's very hard because the Maxim Tomatoes are replaced with items that recover little HP.
Oh yeah, and the bosses are a pain, because Kabula (the flying boss in The King's Revenge) gets rid of any helper you had,
so I'm trying to complete it.

But I have it 91% complete, so it won't take much to get 100%.
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » May 23rd, 2009, 6:38 pm

That sounds really hard. I can't even beat Helper to Hero Yet. Stupid Wham Bam Jewel.... it would've been nice to know that it was coming at least.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » May 25th, 2009, 11:05 am

I've been playin' Majora's Mask, and am about 20% done with it's amazing-ness.

I've finished Woodfall Temple, got the mask of scents, finished Snowhead temple, and got the gold dust in the goron race, and then LOST it after warping back in time, not realizing that would happen. Sigh...

Now I have to go beat the Snowhead boss again, get 100 rupees and the gold dust, and then FINALLY get my golden sword.

Ah...the days of extremely fun and challenging games...and this one definitely has a much deeper meaning..such beauty, I say!
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » May 25th, 2009, 1:36 pm

I'm currently playing through NPC Jungle Beat. It's good.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby KremKrawl » May 26th, 2009, 10:53 pm

I'm on the GTS in Pokemon Platinum right now.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Darth » May 29th, 2009, 10:04 am

Brawl, DKC2, DKC (sometimes), Super Mario RPG, Mario Super Sluggers. Virtual Console seems to take up alot of my time.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby DK4Ever » May 29th, 2009, 12:20 pm

Still playing Majora's Mask but I've also been playing Platinum, and I just beat gym 5, (man there are so many changes)

2 of my friends picked up diamond and pearl respectively, and we're all trying to get around the same level and battle, using completely different pokemon than one another (I started with Chimchar, they started with the other 2)

So yeah, good fun.
Treasure Hunter

Postby Gnawzooka » May 29th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Who's winning?

Also, the True Arena is a b...*bleep*...ch. :evil:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Darth » May 30th, 2009, 5:37 am

Gnawzooka wrote:Who's winning?

Also, the True Arena is a b...*bleep* ...ch. :evil:

Agreed. It kinda turned me off of playing KSSU. I got to Marx Sould twice, but I kept getting killed.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » May 30th, 2009, 11:23 am

I can't even get that far.
Also who censored my post?
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby PotoGamer » May 31st, 2009, 10:16 am

I've only gotten to Marx Soul ONE time, and I was so close to completing it. :x I use the rock ability, because of its infinite invincibility, but it has its disadvantages too, especially while battling air enemies or Galaxia Knight.
Trailblazer

Postby Gnawzooka » May 31st, 2009, 2:18 pm

Yeah, I'm finding the rock to be useful. I got up to Galacta Knight though, and it failed really bad...
I reckon I might be able to do it in 2 player if someone decent was controlling the helpers.
Actually, I'd rather be the helper. Kirby sucks at attacking in the air, since you have to spit out the air he's inhaled before you can attack.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming Discussion