Banjo is Back!

Talk about other games developed by the creators of Donkey Kong Country.

Re: Banjo is Back!

Postby SummerSky » May 23rd, 2008, 11:18 pm

[...]ignoring or rewriting virtually everything it stood for.

By this, I'm assuming you mean Kazooie lending Banjo a hand when he needed it - two characters working together? And that's a fair point; I understand where you're coming from. But nearly every move these two had is still there, except dressed up in the form of a machine. Is it really all that different? You've got your feathers (wings, propeller), feet (wheels), Talon Trot (spiked wheels for climbing), egg firing (Egg Cannon thing), jump (spring), and your Ratatat Rap/Banjo's Roll (Foot in a Box/other weird stuff) for whacking enemies with. And on top of that, there's room for a buttload of other stuff now they've got the room on the vehicles. And you can still extend your jumps - what was done with Kazooie's quick flappy move - with boosters, or wings that allow you to glide.

You've still got your exploration, and fun little challenges. Banjo wasn't strictly a platformer; it was also considered an Action/Adventure title. One aspect of an Action/Adventure title is, according to Wiki, are isolated minigames and challenges. Banjo's worlds were filled with them, such as Mr Vile's grub eating contest, or the sandcastle in Treasure Trove Cove. And it seems they're going to play just as big of a role in Nuts and Bolts, judging from the coconut-hauling challenge in Nutty Acres.

But for me, I remember Banjo-Kazooie for its humour, world (Spiral Mountain, Grunty's Lair, etc) and characters that were brimming with personality. That's everything I think Banjo-Kazooie stood for, and I can see that's still good and proper from the information and videos Rare have released.

So no, I can't say I agree. Nuts and Bolts does know its roots - it's just a little harder to see. You've got the exploration, you've still got your moves. I think the comparison to Mario Galaxy is justified, because the philosophy behind both is similar. Mario changed up the shape of the levels, whilst Banjo's changed the shape of the object you move around the levels with. Both changed a core element to open up new possibilities. Mario Galaxy introduced cool gravity-themed platforming, and Banjo's opening up multiple ways of solving problems/exploring through a custom moveset, a vehicle creation tool, and allowing physics to come into play (much like the gravity stuff in Galaxy).

Imagine being in a buggy, and you want to reach a high-up ledge. Now, this ability doesn't exist as far as we know, but bear with me. You could fly there, but you could also take a quicker route. Let's assume you've got a rope with a sticky ball (one of the game's items) attacted to it on your buggy, so you:

- Switch to use the sticky ball, aim just under the ledge, and fire the string/sticky ball off.
- It pulls your buggy up towards the ledge, but you're left hanging just under it.
- So you use the thrusters on the front of the buggy to swing it anti-clockwise onto the top of the ledge. You land, upside-down, and then flick the spring to flip your buggy back on its wheels, and you're off again.

Now, think that sequence through in your head, and imagine how nifty it'd look in motion. It's almost acrobatic. Could you do anything like that with Banjo and Kazooie on foot?

The vehicles are awesome, and HUMBA IS HOT.

Well said! :mrgreen:
Tourist

Postby CM August » May 26th, 2008, 6:47 pm

SummerSky wrote:Is it really all that different?

Yes. Any sorry platformer follows the generic platforming staples you described. The difference is in the actual execution. Nuts & Bolts follows the Banjo-Kazooie mold in an extremely superfluous manner - driving is analogous to talon trot! Buzzing around in a helicopter is analogous to Kazooie's flying! And so on. But they both evoke a completely different feeling, a different experience. Does that really need to be pointed out? You're willing to embrace the new Banjo. No problems there. But other people are unhappy about it for a valid reason; it only resembles Banjo in the very, very, very general sense. That view can't be blown off with a flippant reply of "it's basically the same thing".

At any rate, there's no need to convince me of anything; I'll be buying it upon release (assuming I've purchased an Xbox by that stage), since the 'block vehicle' aspect alone is guaranteed to be great fun. It's certainly not because the name Banjo is in the title.

HUMBA IS HOT.

She does look nice... barring the fact that she bears absolutely no resembalance to the original Humba besides one or two generic features. Which is a good analogy for the game itself.
Jungle Explorer

Postby SummerSky » May 30th, 2008, 1:53 am

Let's just enjoy the game when it comes out. ;)

If it's pants, I'll probably be wishing they had re-used the classic platforming formula. But if it blows my socks off; man, will I be ever glad they changed things up.

It's been 8 years since the last main console Banjo; that's similar to the gap the Metroid series had been dormant between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime. When it was revived with Prime, it wasn't exactly the same beast. The games scene had changed, and so too had Metroid. People keep saying that they're disappointed that after 8 years of waiting for a platformer, they've got something different. But I would have been disappointed if it had been the other way around; guess you can't please everybody.

For me, it was the charm that set Banjo apart from other platformers in the N64 era. That's back here, and something I'm looking forward to experiencing all over again with something that feels different and fresh. :D
Tourist

Postby CM August » May 30th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Another unreasonable comparison. Metroid Prime had an FPS twist, but it was nonetheless extremely faithful to the Metroid series and boasted the same style of gameplay, design and atmosphere.

Nevermind that though. From what we've been shown, there's little reason to doubt Nuts & Bolts will be excellent. It just happens to steamroll over a great deal of the series' original appeal to make something different. This game carries a distinct 'charm' of its own, but it's a very different charm from Banjo-Kazooie, which we'll likely never see again.

It is possible to be impressed with the new content, and bitterly disappointed that it compromised the old content, at the same time.
Jungle Explorer

Postby Kowbrainz » June 1st, 2008, 2:57 pm

I'm glad the characters and humour are returning, at least. I think that's really what gave BK its soul, and is probably why I like having Banjo in this game instead of it being a totally new IP, since I wouldn't really be able to relate to or bond with the new characters.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby SummerSky » June 2nd, 2008, 4:48 am

Me too. The visuals still carry that Banjo-Kazooie charm, as do the characters. Banjo's still going to be dopey (at least, he still looks like a lumbering dope), Kazooie, we're told, is going to make it clear she's not impressed her abilities have been shifted to an outside source, and Grunty's still up for settling scores in the weirdest of ways (Banjo's end-of-game quiz, for example).

I've been reminded of Rusty Bucket Bay, Jolly Roger's Lagoon, Treasure Trove Cove, and Mumbo's Mountain by some of the worlds seen so far - it's just that they're looking far more stylised than before. And from the little I've seen, BanjoLand conjours up the bizarre Cloud Cuckooland, because of the mish-mash of themes. :D

Another unreasonable comparison. Metroid Prime had an FPS twist, but it was nonetheless extremely faithful to the Metroid series and boasted the same style of gameplay, design and atmosphere.

It's a very similar situation we have with Banjo, though. A lot of people weren't happy that Metroid Prime was going to be, as Nintendo called it, a FPS. The whole change in perspective led to people thinking the game wouldn't feel or play like a Metroid game; would they be able to keep track of moving targets/would they get a good enough view of levels/would some moves work in 3D, etc? Metroid Prime is hard to categorise in a certain genre; it might have the aesthetic of a FPS at first glance, but the focus is far more on puzzling and exploration, at least in the first two games. And so the game was coined a First Person Adventure - it created its own genre.

So the same could be of Banjo. The aesthetic is new; weird, even. But the underlying stuff that made Banjo what it was (exploration, platforming, moves, completing challenges for jiggies) may very well still be the focus. So what if you're moving around on wheels instead of feet, and the moves and abilities come from a bigger 'character' than before? It's gonna feel different, sure, but so did Metroid. Moving Samus around in Prime just 'clicked' - it was familier, yet unfamilier at the same time. There's the possibility controlling the vehicles won't feel remotely like controlling Banjo in past games, but we can't be dead certain. We really don't know enough about Nuts and Bolts to properly judge whether or not it retains certain traits of Banjo-Kazooie's design.

Again, I understand your point. Maybe you think the comparison to Metroid is ridiculous, but would you be happy if Banjo had gone from a third-person perspective to a first-person one? I believe this can not just feel like a Banjo game, but play like one, despite the movement and actions being performed by a different 'character'; even a larger and clumsier one. Let's wait and see how it turns out.
Tourist

Postby CM August » June 3rd, 2008, 7:56 pm

Summersky wrote:So what if you're moving around on wheels instead of feet, and the moves and abilities come from a bigger 'character' than before?

I believe we've talked about this before. To avoid a circular discussion, let's just cut it short here. You don't believe anything of value has been lost, where I believe the opposite. Exactly why would probably be an interesting discussion in itself, but that would be tedious and ultimately pointless.

But, yes, Metroid lends itself far better to first-person since the core gameplay involves... wait for it... shooting things. Not to mention most of the gameplay variety is in alternate weapons and armor, not entirely different moves. If you recall, Metroid Prime DID use third-person perspective when a big extra move (morph ball) was needed. On top of that, Banjo-Tooie and Donkey Kong 64 made use of first person when shooting was required. Because it's actually more useful in the transition to 3D, which Retro Studios recognised.
There was nothing broken about Banjo. No complicated 2D-to-3D transitions. Every movement felt smooth and natural, wheras even you have considered these machines may be slower and clumsier.

Kowbrainz wrote:I like having Banjo in this game instead of it being a totally new IP, since I wouldn't really be able to relate to or bond with the new characters.

Banjo was a 'totally new IP' once too. If it's an excellent game with loveable characters, unfamiliarity is irrelevant. Unless you think one more franchise to love is too many.
Jungle Explorer

Postby SummerSky » June 4th, 2008, 1:41 am

I would be very interested in seeing a comparison video of Banjo-Kazooie and Nuts and Bolts, when the game's been released.

You could build the smallest vehicle you could (for nimble movement), then stick on parts to replicate the old Banjo's actions and abilities as best you can. Then run the N64's Banjo, and the vehicle side by side to see how they compare, move for move.

The major problem would be movement; in a vehicle, you wouldn't be able to have that instant 'turn on the spot' when you want to change direction fast. If the vehicle had four wheels, you'd have to curve gently around to change direction, which would already be totally different to the N64 Banjo. But if Rare wished, they could allow you to put a circular base of wheels on that swivel to face the direction you want to move, with the entire base the wheels are connected to also swivelling to allow the seat to always face the direction you're moving in. This might not feel exactly the same as the old Banjo's movement, but it could come very close.

Then you could add a Egg Cannon on the front for forward egg-firing, and a special Egg Cannon (should Rare add something like it) to the back of the vehicle that gently drops eggs so they bounce, just like Kazooie's old poop-egg ability.

Finally, add the 'Shoe in a Box' to the front (Banjo's old swing/roll attack), and a spring to the bottom for jumping. I'm assuming you're only able to have four moves equipped at a time, so that'd fill the quota. If you could have 2 more assigned (perhaps to the shoulder buttons) you could have a propeller on the top for flying, and a set of glider wings that only unfold when you hold the button (extending your jumps like Kazooie's mid-jump flappy move).

The only one that's missed out is the Beak Bomb (butt bash), and the 'Z' crouch/'Z' plus 'A' somersault. The latter could be part replicated with a spring positioned so it flips the vehicle into a similar somersault, whilst the Beak Bomb could be replicated with a magnetic 'plunger' that pulls your vehicle quickly downwards when in mid-air. Switches would thus have to be magnetic for this to work, though.

What I'm trying to say is, it might be possible to create a vehicle that feels almost exatly like controlling the old Banjo. Again, it'd be cool if someone could do a comparison video of N64 Banjo and vehicle at the same time.

Banjo was a 'totally new IP' once too. If it's an excellent game with loveable characters, unfamiliarity is irrelevant. Unless you think one more franchise to love is too many.

I do agree; I would have loved a new bunch of characters. But Nintendo are reinventing their characters all the time; it's what gives them longevity. I guess that's what Rare are doing with the Banjo characters. :D
Tourist

Postby CaptainEddie » July 15th, 2008, 11:48 am

Wow! Humba Wumba looks a lot younger in the new Banjo, eh? She was big (Compared to Banjo) in Banjo-Tooie. (In more ways than one!)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » July 15th, 2008, 11:53 am

I don't remember what she looked like, can somebody post a picture to compare.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » July 15th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Here you go.

humba2.jpg
humba2.jpg (10.79 KiB) Viewed 86843 times

humba.jpg
humba.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 86844 times
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 15th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Okay, this image is really huge, so be warned:

Spoiler!

Hmmm... Decisions, decisions. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby CaptainEddie » July 15th, 2008, 12:26 pm

This is the one new Banjo character design I actually like! Humba looks.....good. ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » July 16th, 2008, 11:46 am

I cannot disagree, she looks really good. And I don't feel wierded out by admitting this, because this one is not a monkey. :D
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » July 17th, 2008, 7:39 am

See, doesn't it feel good? Video game women are awesome. 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby CaptainEddie » July 17th, 2008, 7:44 am

They are designed to be perfect. :twisted:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Swing King » September 21st, 2008, 10:00 am

Stop! In the name of bump!

Ok, this topic should be bumped. So, anyone see all the new videos and screenshots all around the B-K fanbase? I have to say I love the new Spiral Mountain and LOGBox 720.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Rodent » September 22nd, 2008, 8:07 pm

I havn't been following this games production like I should be...

Humba looks good though. Not in a weird crush way. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Swing King » September 23rd, 2008, 7:13 am

Spiral Mountain is a BEAST. Thats all I can say right now.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby holysnap » October 6th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Jomingo wrote:I cannot disagree, she looks really good. And I don't feel wierded out by admitting this, because this one is not a monkey. :D

You probably should, since she's a video game character. :P

She looks more like a cowgirl trying to look like an indian than an actual indian though.
Tourist

Postby Swing King » October 22nd, 2008, 7:22 am

So, anyone check out that new video of the Terrarium of Terror? I thought it was supposed to be an outer-space theme, but seems more like green house.

Edit: C'mon Jo, you've been talking about it at the DKU for awhile now, why let the thread for it over here die?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Kowbrainz » October 24th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Search Terrarium on Wikipedia and you may have realised what the level was going to be about a little earlier. ;P

Sometimes I just wish that I could go through these sorts of levels without the vehicles though. The trailer for it amazed me... but there was still that one part of me longing for traditional gameplay for just this level...
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » October 26th, 2008, 6:55 am

So did anybody here about them cutting out the 6th level?
Apparantly they can't finish the game in time and have thus cut an entire level from the game!(which would obviously take a lot of rearranging of Showdown Town and other stuff).

How much of chance do you think there is that they'll release the level through DC?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kowbrainz » November 1st, 2008, 7:44 pm

No, they're not doing the level through DC. If anything they'll leave it for a sequel.

By the way, for those who have played the demo, I've created a FAQ with everything you need to know which can be found here: http://www.spiralmountain.co.uk/site_vi ... 2&forum=13

There's some pretty huge glitches in the demo you can pull off to explore more of the game than you'd normally be able to, hehe. Try them out if you can.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 4th, 2008, 4:13 am

Oh, good Lord... It is downright agonizing to be without an Xbox 360 right now. I suspect I'll be getting one for Christmas, but in the meantime I'm pre-ordering Nuts & Bolts so I can get the free download code for Banjo-Kazooie.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Tiptup Jr. » November 30th, 2008, 11:39 am

On Wednesday night my grandparents bestowed upon me an Xbox 360 Elite! I recently rented Nuts & Bolts, and in most regards, I've been blown away.

The sheer magnitude of the game is awe-inspiring. The worlds really just present themselves, and then leave everything else up to you; once you get a good vehicle going, you feel like a king until you're presented with a challenge that makes your current ride obsolete, and then it's back to the drawing board! Mumbo's Garage took some getting used to at first, but I really felt like I knew what I was doing when I built the fully-functional TIMMYCOPTER with nothing but my own know-how. Flying around Banjoland and hearing those classic Banjo tunes is truly a joyous experience... but walking is a biotch. :(

And oh, the dialog! Loveday deserves an award for such brilliant script, everything is so perfect. I especially feel like he nailed Humba (lulz); I don't know why, but this is the first time I've really felt as if she was talking to me, and not just telling me to throw a Glowbo into her pool. I also like the cinematic scenes at the beginning of each world- The animations are cool, and Mumbo and Humba getting paired together in Nutty Acres is nothing short of genius. Rare's talent really shines there.

And after seeing what Rare's done with banjo-kazooie.com, I'm quite anxious to try out the game's Xbox Live offerings. My neighbor helped set up the connection earlier. :P

I do, however, have one complaint about the game. My modest family can afford nothing more than a 32-inch Standard Definition TV, and I can barely see the freakin' text. I would've waited a week for the game to come if you would've fixed that, guys. :roll:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » December 1st, 2008, 5:13 am

I heard they were gonna make a fix for that issue.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 1st, 2008, 1:16 pm

Alright, but that's not the point. They should've fixed the damn thing in the first place instead of pushing an unfinished game onto the market that millions of people will never get to fully enjoy. It's not bothering me much now, but I played multiplayer earlier with my little brother and the text was literally unreadable because of the split screen. We had absolutely no clue what we were doing.

Spoiler!
Humba Wumba as the "Gutsy Gamer Girl" in the LOGBOX 720 made me chuckle quietly inside myself. :)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » December 1st, 2008, 4:33 pm

Tiptup, has I told you lately that your descriptions of things are hillarious and awesome? And vivid?

Anyway, yeah, I think Rare did an amazing job also (Although I'm REALLY angry, I pre-ordered, and DID NOT GET my free download of the original! Who's with me for bruning my Gamestop to the ground? Rare fans! Hooooo!!!!)

I love it greatly, and I love how beautiful everything looks..but.. I have three complaints..(GASP!)

1. The text, which is a common issue I know, is too SMALL

2. I got confused at some points, like, the gamer level confused me, and nutty acres confused me, maybe I was just blown away by the sheer size?

3. Mumbo's Garage. HOW do I access vehicles I created?
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » December 2nd, 2008, 12:35 am

Rare didn't even seem to notice the text was a problem until tons of fans complained about it, at which they nearly immediately confirmed that they are working on a patch. It seems impossible such a glaring issue could pass under Rare's testing radar, but perhaps Rare only tested on HDTV's, and never noticed the text issue.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » December 2nd, 2008, 11:05 am

Maybe, well, at least it's getting fixed, eh?
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 3rd, 2008, 10:18 am

DK4Ever wrote:Tiptup, has I told you lately that your descriptions of things are hillarious and awesome? And vivid?

Thanks. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

And now I shall respond to your list of complaints!

1. :|
2. You're not the only one who was baffled by the massiveness of the game! It wasn't that bad once I made a vehicle that could fly. You can make some pimpin' rides in that thar Mumbo's Motors.
3. Go to the Vehicle Database arch in Mumbo's Motors and select "Load Blueprint". The rest should be self-explanatory.

So... yeah, still waiting for that text patch to come out. Grrrrr. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kowbrainz » December 3rd, 2008, 2:13 pm

I have a bit of a break a week earlier than my family, so I'm making use of the time and have migrated the 360 to the living room with the HD telly.

So far, it's more or less what I expected. It's not like the originals, and while there's certainly a good concept there and it's fun, it does have its downfalls. There's not a huge variety in the challenges and to be honest, I've had a lot more fun exploring for notes and crates and what have you than going to new acts of levels to try some new challenges.

The game worlds themselves... egh, I really like Nutty Acres and the Jiggoseum is alright, but LOGbox 720 is terrible and Banjo-Land feels like a jumbled mess of items of some sort of nostalgic value pointing and shouting 'hey, look, this is a Banjo game, you hear? Remember me from the original game?'

What I really don't like is that there's so few characters from the originals that you can interact with. Bringing back Gobi, Weldar, Tanktup and Clanker in the form of vehicles or inanimate objects is just painful to see.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby DK4Ever » December 3rd, 2008, 2:49 pm

Thanks Tiptup!

*Goes to search for that database to find his awesome monster truck-wagon-thing-on-a-stick*
Treasure Hunter

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 4th, 2008, 8:31 am

Kowbrainz wrote:What I really don't like is that there's so few characters from the originals that you can interact with. Bringing back Gobi, Weldar, Tanktup and Clanker in the form of vehicles or inanimate objects is just painful to see.

Now there's the most legitimate complaint I've seen so far. Showdown Town is populated with nothing but nameless penguins, pigs, and rhinos, and...

Spoiler!
THEY CUT TIPTUP! THOSE BASTARDS! I SAY WE KILL 'EM ALL!!!!1! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kowbrainz » December 4th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Yeah, they even 'confirmed' Tiptup for the game in Rare's scribes. Maybe Gregg was thinking of Tanktup.... :/

Remember that old piece of art they had with several character's heads on it? It featured Boggy's kids, but they were scrapped too, presumably since Boggy could do all their roles on his own.

Add Mildred and George the ice cubes to that above list. I really wanted to hear them scream as I pushed them around with the vehicles. Oh, and Mr Patch, too... grunting is all he'd do. And Cheato, a piece of terrain. Ah, jeez. I could probably go on, but it just makes me want to cry.

Then there were all those storefronts and references to old characters like Merry Maggie, Salty Joe, Big Al, Roysten, Tooty - yet no sign of the characters.

The thing I hate most about it all is that when Rare was asked about these characters (Gobi for example) before the game was announced as Nuts & Bolts, Rare would reply by saying "Yes, [they're in] but not how you'd expect" as if people were going to piss themselves when they see a wooden effigy of Tanktup. I don't give a damn about these wooden objects; I want to catch up with these guys and see how they've been doing over the last ten years. :(
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 5th, 2008, 7:36 am

Hmm, yesterday I spotted Targitzan in the same pool as the wooden Tanktup and the U.F.O. The only character "comeback" I don't mind is the giant Loggo toilet in Banjoland. It rules! :D

And I've developed a theory about Tiptup's disappearance. When he was "confirmed" to return in last May's issue of Scribes, he was implied to be in a level called Sunset Beach. To my knowledge, this place no longer exists. And neither does Tiptup.

"Tiptup will indeed make an appearance, complete with wooden acting skills." Did he just give away the secret Sunset Beach level? ZOMG PR CATASTROPHE.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby The Guy » December 5th, 2008, 8:28 am

*In response to Cowz*

That is what happened to Rare after several years of not making a Banjo game that is on a main console.
Veteran Venturer

Postby Kowbrainz » December 7th, 2008, 12:53 am

What is what happened to them?

The fact that Grunty's Revenge feels more Banjoey to me in this sense really has nothing to do with how long it's been etc. Rare's just been stupid.

I beat the game yesterday. Quite disappointing, really. They've left the chance of a sequel quite open though.
There wasn't a sunset beach level, by the way; they're just saying that to stir up fans around the Rarewitchproject and other places who look waaaay too far into these sorts of things. There was a weird west sort of level but it got scrapped due to time constraints. by the way: a golden Targitzan is up on the soccer field, he spits out the balls. Not sure who you saw underwater... :/
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Tiptup Jr. » December 8th, 2008, 11:21 am

Alright, I just wrote a letter to Scribes containing a query about Tiptup's disappearance. We might get a response by Christmas.

And yeah, deep down in the water where Tanktup is, the totem pole sections of Targitzan appear stacked up as props. I saw what I saw. :ugeek:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kowbrainz » December 8th, 2008, 9:12 pm

I haven't even checked, but okay.

Now that I've beaten it I have really little motivation to do everything else in terms of jiggy challenges, to be honest. I just got the final trolley part today and it was a big let down after seeing that I couldn't do any of the awesome things Grunty used it for.

I have 91 out of 131 jiggies, for the record. I dunno what it is, though - just no motivation. :(
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby RawkHawk2010 » January 6th, 2009, 9:47 am

Before my 360 red ringed (You can't avoid it. It'll happen to all of you someday!), I managed to take and upload some pretty cool snapshots.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 3B80E0.jpg

There's one building near Trophy Thomas's house that has a passable roof. If nothing else it makes a good safe haven when the police weasels are out. :o

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 6C73A0.jpg

Nothing frightens a Jinjo. Not even a falling bear in a tux.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... A6D8EC.jpg

Ghoulies references are always good. Though I do have to wonder what the ingredients in that ice cream are... not Dungweed, I hope.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 130054.jpg

King Jingaling lost his crown. I guess that's what he gets for keeping valuable bingo balls up there.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... B5A9CC.jpg

Probably the creepiest thing I've seen in a Banjo game thus far.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 818CE8.jpg

Mr. Patch isn't the only giant in Nutty Acres.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 148EB8.jpg

Banjo can only watch in horror as Mario destroys his dumpster and eats his garbage.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 513298.jpg

This is the Spacebus. It even has turrets in the inside, so people online can ride in it. :o

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/wi ... 4A3410.jpg

Narcissistic bears + Mirror + Driving = Disaster. Notice how a wall is DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM.

Yupp.
Tourist

Postby Tiptup Jr. » February 5th, 2009, 11:54 am

http://banjo-kazooie.com/Handlers/Handler.ashx?mode=4&id=305F8AFD1409D6D0822E

That's gonna give me nightmares for a while.

And, hold on... Why are Rawk's pictures so big, but Evil Humba's not? :cry:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kowbrainz » February 5th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Because you used the official photo upload. I assume Rawk's have been done in a different manner.

Anyhoo, I went back through the game for all 131 jiggies the other week finally, but I'm still sitting at 960G since I can't be bothered going for 20 wins online. :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Previous

Return to Rare Games