Other sites you belong/forums you have accounts on

No language too crude. No topic too obscure.
The one and only section of these forums where anything goes...

Other sites you belong/forums you have accounts on

Postby Swing King » September 25th, 2008, 11:58 am

Well, this doesn't need an explanation. At the DKU I am known as Yet Another Guy, and at the Mariology Forums I am smbmaster.

Post Away!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Re: Other sites you belong/forums you have accounts on

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 25th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Ah, there are many. List time!

1. The DKU (Before I was BAND.)
2. Super Mario Wiki
3. YouTube
4. The Ty Feens (Avatar-related.)
5. mariosupersluggerscards.com
6. IGN (I wrote a Barrel Blast review, but they never put it on the site!)
7. And, last but not least, Gamespot.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them right now. It's bed time... *sleeps*
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 25th, 2008, 1:46 pm

I'm member of:
1.- YouTube
2.- deviantArt
3.- Official Butch Hartman Forum
4.- The Fairly OddParents: Latin Guide
5.- MundoRare
6.- MarioWiki
7.- Wikipedia (both English and Spanish)
8.- Wikcionario
9.- Facebook
10.- Messenger Plus Live! Spanish Forums
11.- Foros Windows

Though I haven't been actively lately, and much likely have completely different usernames you'd never find me :lol:

Places I was:
1.- Challange Taker Forums
3.- LiveVideo

I've been thinking of joining the DKU Forums but for me... that place is boring, and glitchy... :roll:
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby The Angry Sun » September 25th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:1. The DKU (Before I was BAND.)

You were Banned there? And to think I just saw you posting there not that long ago.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Gnawzooka » September 25th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Ok, well...
The Corny Paper - My friend's (as in a physical, real life friend) site. Has a forum, and links to a site with movies I made with PowerPoint. Join if you want, but not much happens there. I'm Holy Crap. You can join our Nonsensical Fight! It's really....strange.........
Raymanzone - The [somewhat lame] official Rayman forum. Barely anything worthwhile ever happens there, because most of the members there are gay. All the good ones either have nothing to say or have left, usually to go to Pirate Community. I'm aeojrtfao.
Pirate Community - The greatest Rayman based forum community ever! Includes RayWiki, Raytunes (free Rayman music!) and some crazy french stuff. My favourite forum, I can spend hours there. My major account is Holy Crap, but I also have 600th member, Goldwave, A-baba-dee-boop-ba! and 666. Don't ask...
The Central Coast Corsairs - It's the site for the wargaming club I belong to. I play Warhammer 40,000. I use my real name, jesserussell (it was my first forum, I was a little uninventive back then).
I was once a member of some of my other friends' forums, SEK Corp and Piepieonline, but they're now dead, but it doesn't matter because they sucked balls. I was only there to be annoying. In fact, SEK Corp was listed in my favourites as 'The Gay Forum'. :lol:
And there was also Rayman the Fan Series, but it was inactive for ages and eventually merged with another forum to become the Phantom's Mansion, and I found it to be rather user-unfriendly and left.
That's about it, I believe.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Diddy_Gal » September 25th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I'm a member of DeviantART, Youtube, Gaia Online, The Nintendo Hub Fourms, DKCFans.com, and Kongo Valley.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » September 26th, 2008, 6:25 am

DKC Atlas
DKU
Wikipedia
Google
Youtube
Some old Crash Bandicoot site I haven't visited in 5 years and don't remember my username....
Some LEGO website
PhotoBucket
Mundorare
Facebook

And probably a lot of others I don't remember or go to anymore...
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 26th, 2008, 7:08 am

The Angry Sun wrote:
Tiptup Jr. wrote:1. The DKU (Before I was BAND.)

You were Banned there? And to think I just saw you posting there not that long ago.

No, I was banned in October. Are you sure it was me?

Oh, and I also have a Photobucket account where I dump a bunch of random stuff.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Swing King » September 26th, 2008, 7:19 am

What were you banned for, and how long will it last? Sorry if I sound too INQUISITIVE!
BA Ba Bom!
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby BlueTronic » September 26th, 2008, 8:08 am

Jomingo wrote:DKC Atlas

I think that's kind of obvious. :lol:

I'm a member of
Youtube
OC Remix
DKU (before I was banned :x)
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Simion32 » September 26th, 2008, 8:13 am

Forums/Sites of which I am a member:
**removed**

There might be a few I don't remember, but that should be about it. Oh, and:

**removed**

Sites on which I am NOT a member or the username "Simion32" has been hijacked:
YouTube (my username is "Zimion32" on YouTube...)
Sports Grumblings - Fantasy Sports Center of Excellence (Someone else used my name there)
Free Fantasy Football Forums (Someone else used my name there)
Some commentor on http://www.myextralife.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Someone else used my name there)

...of course, there's not many other places I would want to sign up at, so I'm not that angry about the doppelgangers. :roll:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby The Angry Sun » September 26th, 2008, 9:58 am

Jomingo wrote:Some old Crash Bandicoot site I haven't visited in 5 years and don't remember my username....

Crash Mania?
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » September 26th, 2008, 10:25 am

I don't know, I don't really remember it. You know, now that I think about it it might not have even been a forum. I have no idea.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » September 26th, 2008, 6:52 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot Photobucket and Hotmail (jem33333@hotmail.com).
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Stone » September 26th, 2008, 8:29 pm

Some of our kindest members are banned at DKU, that's odd.

I'm on youtube (DKStone86) and imageshack.us (DKStone)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 27th, 2008, 7:20 am

Theirs is a different community from ours, my friend. Sometimes it just plain scares me.

...And to any of our curious newbies, I do not feel like talking about why I was banned, so please don't ask.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby BlueTronic » September 27th, 2008, 7:27 am

Stone wrote:Some of our kindest members are banned at DKU, that's odd.

With those a**hole admins? Not the slightest bit odd. :roll:

...with the acception of Chad and Slush, the creator and co-creator: They are fair people.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Stone » September 27th, 2008, 8:02 am

I'm not a regular visitor of DKU and its forum (I don't have an account), but that a**hole thing was one of my first thoughts. ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Kiddy14 » September 27th, 2008, 1:48 pm

I agree that at the DKU they're harsh...

Maybe, they ban easygoing people to stay with the strict ones? (I've read some topics, and the mayority of them have gone way off-topic or are not related at all, but when a new user does that, is immedeatily banned O.o Though I agree with their ESL thingy =D So if anybody sees I misspelled a word, feel free to tell me in a spoiler tag =))
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Swing King » September 27th, 2008, 11:31 pm

Tiptup Jr. wrote:
so please don't ask.

Sorry, I just signed up there and now I'm not sure I don't want to go back! Really though, where did they come up with stuff like, the NK is on DK Island. but anyway, I think I'll go join the Mario Wiki and edit some pages.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 28th, 2008, 6:03 am

The DKU isn't that bad or harsh. They have a completely different goal and personality of this site, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. No one just gets banned instantly, both Kongfu and Tiptup Jr. had been temp banned several times before being fully banned(I'm not justifying their banning nor their behaviour, just pointing it out.)

They aren't A-holes(especially Slush and Chad), just a couple of them can act assy at times.

Anyway, there's really no reason to be talking about the DKU here. They are a completely different site with different views and a different sense of humor. We can co-exist(as I am an active member of both of these sites).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Sean » September 28th, 2008, 7:43 am

Cough, cough, cough.

I'm on deviantART. That's pretty much it. This is the first forum I've actually been to in an entire year. None of the other places I looked around (NinDB, Smashboards) looked very appealing (I refuse to go to any place that uses "rape" as an acceptable adjective, for instance, so bugger off Smash).
Trainee Trekker

Postby BlueTronic » September 28th, 2008, 9:06 am

Jomingo wrote:No one just gets banned instantly, both Kongfu and Tiptup Jr. had been temp banned several times before being fully banned(I'm not justifying their banning nor their behaviour, just pointing it out.)

That's because they treat members they don't like twice as strictly as members they do. One event that really proved that was when DarkMark (Now named "Why So Serious") tried to ban a memeber just for saying "f*** you, Mark". Chad lifted the ban a few hours later. I have not once been banned by Chad or Slush: if I had, it probably would have been for something I actually deserved. :roll:

Jomingo wrote:Anyway, there's really no reason to be talking about the DKU here. They are a completely different site with different views and a different sense of humor. We can co-exist(as I am an active member of both of these sites).

Why not? After all, this is the "Other sites you belong to" thread. :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » September 29th, 2008, 3:41 am

Really, they don't ban anybody for no reason. Sure, if they like people they won't be as quick to ban them for small things, but the same could be said for most sites. Popular Veteran members are more likely to get away with things that new-ish members wouldn't. The Mark example you used makes sense to me. Someone insulted him personally, which pissed him off and caused him to ban the guy. I don't think I would react quite the same way, but I understand his reasoning. People overreact when they are angry. It happens.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » September 29th, 2008, 4:48 am

Jomingo wrote:Really, they don't ban anybody for no reason.

Actually, Chiphead banned me for no reason before the vote was cast to unban me, so :P

Jomingo wrote:Sure, if they like people they won't be as quick to ban them for small things, but the same could be said for most sites.

It's not just that. They purposely look for small insignificant reasons to ban members they don't like and don't ban other members unless it's for something serious. And they rub it in member's faces when they ban them.

Jomingo wrote:The Mark example you used makes sense to me. Someone insulted him personally, which pissed him off and caused him to ban the guy. I don't think I would react quite the same way, but I understand his reasoning. People overreact when they are angry. It happens.

Mark wasn't angry he showed no sign of being angry, he's just a major control freak. It wasn't even an insult, it was just a "f*** you, mark :|" not an "F*** YOU MARK! :evil:"
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 29th, 2008, 7:47 am

It's not just that. They purposely look for small insignificant reasons to ban members they don't like and don't ban other members unless it's for something serious. And they rub it in member's faces when they ban them.

That's exactly what they did to me. The first time I was temp-banned, it was for some stupid insignificant thing that I can't even remember. They even admitted that they hated my guts, and were purposely trying to look for ways to get me off the site for good. Even if I was unbanned from the DKU, I probably wouldn't go back to them. Those guys are A-holes. There's no point in trying to defend them.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Kiddy14 » September 29th, 2008, 9:04 am

http://www.dkvine.com/interactive/forum ... 4843&st=50

Really... being easygoing like Tiptup Jr. or Jomingo shouldn't be treated with bans (or the "trying to be funny but failing" way they call it: BAND) :twisted:

Sorry for saying this DKU*, but a lot of times you are offensive, not funny, and unfair...
Of course this is only directed to members like Jim or toolapc90

*:Just a formality, I don't care 8-)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 29th, 2008, 9:48 am

Oh my goodness.

Going back and reading some of my more infamous topics at the DKU, I can see why people viewed me as an annoying two-year old prick, and I admit that posting fifty times in a day was pushing it. But I had my good moments, and when I actually tried to have a decent discussion, some ass had to come along and call me out, and then I got banned for it. I still say that the DKU's staff is largely composed of unfair, self-centered, hormonally imbalanced Rare fanboys, and more than half of anyone who's been banned from the site probably didn't deserve it. Even after the site's semi-return to normality, they still just don't get it.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Sean » September 29th, 2008, 10:50 am

Actually, you were banned for calling me gay, and insinuating that was a bad thing. Yes, I know you apologized, but I'm getting the truth out there.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 29th, 2008, 11:19 am

...I was actually talking about the first time I was temp-banned. And did I ever say homosexuality was a bad thing, anyway?

Sorry 'bout that, fella. ;)
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Sean » September 29th, 2008, 11:23 am

It was in the middle of a discussion that was basically about whether or not homosexuals were decent people, and you were distinctly on the "no they're not" side. So yeah, you said it.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 29th, 2008, 11:30 am

Sean, I don't remember what happened, and I don't want another fight to break out. So I'll just shut up, take a shower, and go to bed now. 8-)

EDIT: And just for the record, that was a year ago. That doesn't mean I still think like that.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DK4Ever » September 29th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Yeah...Tiptup... you were just a bit of a douche. I have to say.

But, what's past is past.

And Sean is gay? Well that's cool. It's highly un-cool however, to mock anyone for it, or tell them it's bad or wrong, or any of that nonsensical gibberish often spouted by....super-christians? (dunno, what's the best way to group those types of people?)

(And if Sean isn't gay, and I'm getting the wrong idea, someone please feel free to throw a barrel my way.)

But, it would seem Tiptup's completely changed his mindset, so all is forgiven 'ol' chum. (I think)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Gnawzooka » September 29th, 2008, 7:46 pm

I don't have anything against gay people except when they act creepily and wear revealing clothes. :shock:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby BlueTronic » September 29th, 2008, 10:45 pm

...or try to go into the girls bathroom. :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » September 30th, 2008, 6:08 am

Sean isn't gay. The whole discussion was about Tiptup saying homophobic remarks about Dumbledore from Harry Potter(who was revealed to be homosexual), and Sean was calling him off, at which Tiptup asked him if he was gay.

Anyway, that is way off topic, and ancient history that doesn't need to be brought back up(again).
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby BlueTronic » September 30th, 2008, 7:32 am

Jomingo wrote:Anyway, that is way off topic, and ancient history that doesn't need to be brought back up(again).

Yes, it's infuriatingly off-topic. You two ought to be ashamed of yourselves! :x...

...Harry Potter is gay? :o

On a more serious note: Once again, Jomingo,
Kong-Fu wrote:Why is the DKU off-topic? After all, this is the "Other Sites You Belong To" thread. :|
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Jomingo » September 30th, 2008, 7:45 am

This is "Other sites you belong/forums you have accounts on", not: "Why I hate the DKU/Why I got banned from the DKU".

And I meant that Dumbledore was revealed to be gay, not Harry Potter.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » October 2nd, 2008, 2:43 pm

Aye, doesn't change the fact that Dumbledore was awesome-sauce incarnate.

Although those creepy people who try to get the books banned (Casting a spell to make life easier = bad and sinful, while genociding an entire nation because they did not share your beliefs (occured in the bible) = good? ??????????

Among MANY, MANY other things.

ANYWAY, avoiding discussion of religion.... (I'm pastafarian, we're laid back)

Uh..... Tacos Rule? (Don't know where the actual topic left off :( )
Treasure Hunter

Postby DKCplayer » October 3rd, 2008, 10:44 am

I'm a member of Youtube... I don't join much things.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Tiptup Jr. » October 4th, 2008, 7:48 am

Yup, you're on ma friends list. :)

Your avatar, by the way, kicks ass.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby DKCplayer » October 4th, 2008, 8:31 am

Thanks! That's the second time my avatar was commented nicely. :D
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Gnawzooka » October 4th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Well that can only be a good thing.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Cody » October 5th, 2008, 5:04 am

Kong-Fu wrote:That's because they treat members they don't like twice as strictly as members they do.

Not true. If it was, then why haven't I been banned yet, hmm? :roll:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Jomingo » October 5th, 2008, 11:52 am

I'm going to have to agree with Cody on this one. Just because you were banned doesn't mean that the DKU staff are a bunch of conspirators who plotted against you and are pure evil.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Gnawzooka » October 20th, 2008, 6:31 pm

My friend made a forum which I've now joined, called 'The Nerd's Enturage'. :lol:
http://thenerdsenturage.2ksite.com/index.php
Join us....come to the DORK SIDE!!!! :lol: ....... Please? It's lonely there. :cry:

Jomingo Says: stop advertising.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Rodent » October 20th, 2008, 8:16 pm

I liked the DKU's articles but never felt tempted to join. Sounds like the online DK community is relatively small though.

http://acforums.megadoomer.com/memberli ... ofile&u=59 - That's my other major forum, based on Animal Crossing. I joined with a friend there a while ago.
I'm on Youtube as ShasElRodent.
I'm on a set of Warhammer forums as Rodent. I think I'm on IGN as TOC Rodent. I'm also on a few small Zelda forums as Rodent.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Kowbrainz » October 21st, 2008, 6:43 pm

I could have sworn I posted in a topic like this one before... :/
Nope, made in September. Can't have.

Anyway:

//
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby The Angry Sun » October 21st, 2008, 11:05 pm

Kowbrainz wrote:Kowbrainz @ http://www.spiralmountain.co.uk - I moderate there, but we havent had much luck over the past few months because our server's reached its limit. The forums were made from the ground up, but back in 2005 nobody expected the site to peak with 300 active members each week...

Edit: Jomingo, you're pretty wrong. I didn't get a chance, and yet I have a "temp ban" which ends on, and I quote, Dec 29 2170.

I was on Spiral Mountain before it got a major redesign. Then I had to make a new account and they never sent me a password or Activation Email.

Argh. :x

2170? Holy Crap. That's some Temp-Ban.
Trainee Trekker

Next

Return to Anything Goes