The Next Mario Kart

The Next Mario Kart

Postby Jomingo » August 8th, 2008, 1:12 am

What do you want in the Next Mario Kart game?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Re: The Next Mario Kart

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 8th, 2008, 2:47 am

Well, I really do want All vs All in Battle mode, it was a big mistake for Nintendo to replace it with team battle, I liked All vs All better, :cry: . As always, they need Rainbow Road in it, and it needs to be in the last cup. Also, did they put Waluigi in the Wii version? He should be in the next one. They could also put Funky Kong, (like Mario Kart Wii), Lanky Kong, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, maybe Swanky Kong, Candy Kong, and Kiddy Kong, (there is always a chance), Cranky Kong won't be in there because he wouldn't be seen dead in racing games. :lol:
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby CaptainEddie » August 8th, 2008, 3:09 am

gamer_boy997 wrote:Well, I really do want All vs All in Battle mode, it was a big mistake for Nintendo to replace it with team battle, I liked All vs All better, :cry: .

Yes, that was stupid of Nintendo. I would also like a free-for-all battle.

gamer_boy997 wrote: ... Lanky Kong, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, maybe Swanky Kong, Candy Kong, and Kiddy Kong,...

I seriously doubt they would put all of those DK characters in there. If they did, it would end up Mario and DK Kart. :|

I would like it to be a little simpler. My favorite kart is Mario Kart 64 because they don't worry about putting a crapload of karts in there, but they focus more on track design. And music. I didn't like most the music in Mario Kart Wii.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » August 8th, 2008, 4:12 am

I hate the cart system in MKWii. It used to be where each character had some specific karts, but now they just have the same karts for each weight class.

I'd like to see them bring back the Double Dash karts, where they have two people on each kart. They don't have to make that the whole focus of the game, but it was a cool concept and they just completely ditched it with MKWii.

As for DK characters, this is what I want: Dk and Diddy, Funky and Dixie, K. Rool and Kritter. These pairs would each share karts like in Double Dash. And it doesn't seem too unlikely, as all of these characters have been playable in Mario games. I don't think they would drop Funky after he was in MKWii, DK and Diddy are a must, I was surprised that Dixie wasn't in MKWii anyway, K. Rool is the next obvious choice, and well, he needs a partner so Kritter's in there too.

Hey, maybe they could even have two person bikes?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby CaptainEddie » August 8th, 2008, 4:23 am

I don't know, Double Dash was hard to play co-op with my brother.

"Switch! Switch! No, I wanna drive! Switch, idiot! Oh, now looka at what you did you incompetent loser!"
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 26

Postby Jomingo » August 8th, 2008, 4:27 am

Well, you don't have to play co-op though. Still, they could refine the experience, it doesn't have to be exactly like Double Dash.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby DK4Ever » August 8th, 2008, 11:02 am

I'd like the choice to play either single cart or double-dash style, my friend and I were a great tag-team.

Also, King K. Rool please. (And keep the 3 current kongs in there)
Treasure Hunter

Postby Jomingo » September 8th, 2008, 8:13 am

Bump.

In the next Mario Kart, I want the "Double Kart" system from Double Dash, but optional. It would be cool to have a mixture of double karts and regular karts (the same way MKWii mixes Karts and bikes). Also, reduce the number of karts. Make a standard kart for each weight class, and then have every pair have there own unique karts. Maybe include a few different single karts other than the standard. They should probably get rid of the bikes, but keep the tricks system. Also, keep it so that there are 12 racers at a time.

If there are 12 racers at a time, then that would mean that in an all double kart race, they would need 24 characters. Therefore, I think that there should be around 30 total. All of them would be in pairs(though the double karts would not be required). Also, you can mix pairs.

The racers should be:
Mario-Luigi
Baby Mario-Baby Luigi
Peach-Daisy
Baby Peach-Baby Daisy
Wario-Waluigi
Yoshi-Birdo
Bowser-Bowser Jr.
DK-Diddy
Koopa Troopa-Dry Bones
Toad-Toadette
Rosalina-That star thing that follows her maybe...
Petey Pirahna- Wiggler
Funky-Dixie
King Boo- Boo
?????

I'm wondering if anyone else has better ideas for the characters, because I don't. The ????? one I was thinking could be either: Baby DK and Baby Yoshi, or baby Wario and Baby Waluigi, though I don't really like either of those ideas....
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Sean » September 15th, 2008, 7:25 am

Really, the only thing character-wise they could do for me is to put a Wario Ware character in there. I'd prefer Mona, but I'd pretty much take anyone. (For the Double Dash idea, Dribble and Spitz in their taxi is so obvious and awesome you'd think they were made just for it.) I wouldn't say no to another DK character, either. I've briefly spent time envisioning how K. Rool would have looked and sounded in MK Wii, and that was quite enjoyable for me.

Otherwise, blah blah blah nerf blue shells and all that jazz. Please get rid of Lightning Clouds, they were an absolutely terrible idea. And let me get Bullet Bills more when I'm at the back of the pack, damn it, I don't want a Golden Mushroom on Rainbow Road...
Trainee Trekker

Postby Jomingo » September 15th, 2008, 10:41 am

Ha ha, well said. Though I've found that the Bullet Bill and Star items almost never appear (for me at least) unless I'm in the bottom 3.

I've never played any of the Wario Ware titles, but they are pretty popular so I think it'd be cool to start including them. Who knows, it might even inspire people to check the series out.

I was thinking that K. Rool would be cool, but it definately wouldn't fit with the Double Dash idea, as K. Rool wouldn't be with anyone other than Kritter and that would mean including upto 6 DK characters. As much as I wish that would happen my instincts say that won't.

I was thinking for the Double Dash idea they could include 30 characters, 10 of each weight class. I would do it so that the roster doesn't have all the pairs right next to each other(as some pairs might be mixed weight classes), and that once you click on a character it would highlight all the other characters that can partner with that character. This would be cool, as then you could have multiple possible pairs. You could partner with any character you want, but by choosing one of their preferred partners you would get some kind of benefit. Also, I think that every character should only have 2 possible partners.
For instance, DK could have Diddy or Funky, Diddy could have DK or Dixie, Dixie could have Diddy or Funky, and Funky could have Dixie or DK. Mario could have Luigi or Peach. Baby Mario could have Baby Luigi or Baby peach, etc.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 15th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Sir Minga: Having played Double Dash but not owning it, I do think we should have the chance to play tag-team again... But I don't know how it would work with the bikes. I just can't see it. Also, any tag team that's already been established (Petey and King Boo) can't be broken. I don't think a normal Boo should ever be playable in a Mario Kart game, and even if they were, King Bo probably wouldn't be their partner. And put Kiddy with Dixie, scrap Funky and throw K. Rool in with Kritter, maybe.

I'm moving to a new apartment today, guys! So don't expect me to post here for awhile.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Jomingo » September 16th, 2008, 1:34 am

Yeah, I just left school for puking in Wood shop, so I have to spend all day sitting around the house.

Anyway:
Good point about not seperating Petey and King boo, but I don't really think they are a very good pair anyway, and they don't even have good chemistry in MSS, unlike Petey and Wiggler. Though, I agree that Boo is a pretty useless character, so perhaps Petey and King Boo should stay partners. And then Wiggler could partner with....Blooper?

Also, I just looked back up how Double Dash had it's Roster organised, and they didn't seperate the characters by weight class, they just had them seperated by partners. This game should do that too, and instead of the 10 by 2 roster(with the partners in collumns with each other) this would have a 6 by 5 roster(with partners next to each other horizontally).

So it would be like:
Mario+Luigi/Peach+Daisy/Yoshi+Birdo
b. Mario+b. Luigi+B./ Peach+B. Daisy/Toad+Toadette
Wario+Waluigi/DK+Diddy/Dixie+Funky
Koopa+ParaK./ ?+?/?+?
Petey+King Boo/Dry Bones+Dry Bowser/Bowser Jr.+Bowser

It would actually fit a lot better if it were divisible by 4, so the roster would be better if it were 28 or 32.
For example:
Mario | Peach| Yoshi |B. Mario|B. Peach|Toad | DK |Dixie
Luigi | Daisy | Birdo|B. Luigi |B. Daisy |Toadette |Diddy|Funky
Wario |Koopa | ? ? ? |King Boo | Bowser| Dry Bowser
Waluigi|P. T. | ? ? ? |Petey |B. Jr. |Dry Bones

The whole concept works out better with 4 rows, so unfortunately I'm pretty sure they'd go with 28 characters rather than 32. If you compared the MKWii roster to this, than Petey would replace Rosalina, and you'd add Dixie, Paratroopa, and 2 more, or if they did go with 32 it'd be 6 more.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Tiptup Jr. » September 17th, 2008, 6:43 am

Nah, I actually think we should keep Rosalina and partner her up with that black Luma who always hangs around with her. And I never thought about Petey and Wiggler as a possible Kart combo, but now that you mention it, it could actually work. 'Cuz they're both plant-based species and all.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 9

Postby Swing King » September 17th, 2008, 9:52 am

In the next Mario Kart, Qyz, Jomingo, cfh and Tiptup Jr will be unlockable while DKC Player and Goe will appear as items that throw things and Angry Sun, NS Guy, and myself will be playable from the start. Kong-Fu will appear on the Mario Circuit with DK4Ever throwing tomatoes at the racers, Stone presents the trophy, gamer_boy appears as an obstacle on a runaway tractor in Rainbow Road. Bendilin, Parn, and L Laliet are also obstacles in the DK track. Gnawzooka shoots Barrels on every track on 150cc mode and Rodent plays some Jamz when he randomly appears on the track. Nickp and Simion also aare playable.

Maybe we should change the name to DKC Atlas Forum Members Kart. :lol:
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Gnawzooka » September 17th, 2008, 6:27 pm

You're all doomed, my accuracy is flawless. :mrgreen:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Swing King » September 18th, 2008, 6:40 am

For those that aren't on the list, you all have karts designed after you.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Stone » September 18th, 2008, 6:40 am

I'm actually present on almost every track. In every Mario Kart. But being a trophy would be fun, too ;)
Everything I want would be normal Karts in several colors, I never liked those awkward designs from Double Dash.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Jomingo » September 20th, 2008, 11:04 am

Here's an idea.

Mario/Luigi
Peach/Daisy
Wario/Waluigi
Yoshi/Birdo
Bowser/Bowser Jr.
Baby Mario/Baby Luigi
Baby Peach/Baby Daisy
Baby DK/Baby Petey
Toad/ Toadette
Koopa/Paratroopa
Dry Bones/ Dry Bowser
King Boo/Wiggler
Petey/ Dino Piranha
DK/Diddy
Funky/Dixie

That's 10 of each weight class(hint: Baby Petey is actually a medium character). I included Dino Piranha because I'd like to see Petey become the 7th "main captain" type character, and to do that he needs a partner. Baby Petey is there because, well, I thought they'd include some more babies and I needed a partner to Baby DK. I though Baby Wario, but then I figured they'd definately make a baby Waluigi for him. Then I thought Baby Yoshi(because I doubt they'd make a baby Diddy or a baby Birdo, so these partners made sense), but then I didn't think they seemed good together. So baby Petey, who would be awesome and still push the image of Petey being a new Main Captain character, though I think that Baby DK and Baby Wario might make a lot of sense.....

I could get rid of Dino Piranha and Wiggler, then include King Boo and Petey and have room for Sean's Spitz and Drizzle idea(though I don't know if they are even heavy characters?)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Swing King » September 21st, 2008, 8:15 am

Dribble is a heavy character, Splitz is lightweight. And they are both taxi drivers.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 2

Postby Jomingo » September 21st, 2008, 10:44 am

I could put Dribble in Heavy, and have Petey with King Boo(and get rid of Dino Pirahna), then put Wiggler with Monty Mole(who would be medium), and then get rid of Baby petey and Baby DK, and put Spitz in the lightweights.

Or I could keep it exactly as it is, except put Dribble and Spitz in place of Dry bones and Dry Bowser(who is useless anyway). And then I guess I could put Dry Bones in place of Paratroopa.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Rodent » September 22nd, 2008, 8:08 pm

All I want is good battle again. >:
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby holysnap » October 6th, 2008, 5:58 pm

I don't want the partners again. All I want is really good stages (although I think Mario kart wii has good ones) and a big (and good) roster. Id also like to go back to the way MKDS did the karts - a default kart for each character and a few of the other karts for each character.
Tourist

Return to Mario Sports