Gameplay Tips & Tricks (DKC3)

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

Gameplay Tips & Tricks (DKC3)

Postby Qyzbud » August 20th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Anyone who knows of some good tips or tricks for DKC3 can post them here.
Note: There are similar topics for DKC and DKC2

Easy ways of defeating/avoiding enemies, and getting through tough sections of levels quickly and easily are good examples.

There will be a separate topic for posting shortcuts, so don't post about actual shortcuts here.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re: Gameplay Tips & Tricks (DKC3)

Postby Kiddy14 » August 20th, 2008, 1:44 pm

*Ellie*
Pressing the L trigger while near water will make Ellie suck water, while pressing the R trigger will make her shoot it. It might be easier and faster than pressing the Down in the Control Pad and A at the same time.

*Lightning Look-out*
Dodging the lightning is easy if you time correctly. Before each actual lightning strike, a little, inoffensive lightning appears to allert you where the next one is going to take place.

*Krack Shot-Krock*
The sniper can be annoying, and difficult your progress through the level, but that can change. If you press the L and R button simultaneously when jumping with Squitter, he'd create a web platform in the second; much faster than double-pressing the A button. (May also be included in Web Woods)

*Krevice Kreepers*
The klasps can be annoying in this level, specially with Kiddy! Altough being the strong guy (erm... baby), his enormous body is still a charge, as he takes more time to jump on ropes than Dixie. The only tip here is to use her as much as you can, but remember don't to lose her, or you'll have to be really careful with Kiddy, but not so much!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby gamer_boy997 » August 20th, 2008, 2:47 pm

I heard of this trick, so I'm not the one who discovered it.

Easier Lost World boss (whatever it's called, I need to study the DKC3 levels more :lol: )

On the last two lives, when he sends out special electric currents to get you, press 'Start', and the current will go past you, and you won't get hurt.
Seeker of Secrets
Bananas received 2

Postby Qyzbud » August 20th, 2008, 4:10 pm

That is a 'trick' in a way... but it's the result of a glitch, so I might not include it here... There are lots of glitches like this which could be seen as a trick... and maybe a bit of a mystery, too! I'm not quite sure how to categorise it, to be honest. :roll:
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Kowbrainz » August 20th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Kiddy's Waterskip... hopefully I don't need to explain to people here, but if newbies start joining who havent played the trilogy through fo 100% then it might need to be detailed.

Otherwise... not sure what else to say. You can sort of manipulate the lightning in lightning lookout; if you're running it will calculate where you'll be in X seconds while running at that speed.

Is 'practice' a good tip for new players? :P
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Return to Donkey Kong Country 3