Water Vs. Land

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

Water Vs. Land

Postby The Banana Bird » January 16th, 2012, 2:33 pm

We all know that DKC3 pulled off making the most interesting water levels in the series. This game had amazing land based levels also. What do you think was more memorable or fun to swim through or walk through. I find the water levels to lean toward my side because they had very unique concepts to them. A dark ocean, a windy one, one were you get chased by a man eating fish and more. The soundtrack, due to me being a GBA player was very memorable. I sometimes play water levels just to hear it. The SNES water level soundtrack is a great tune also, sure. I just find it to be that way in my opinion. I am not saying that the land levels were not unique, because they were. I am just saying that the water levels led to them being able to do more interesting things that are unusual and are very creative, more creative then the land based levels. What is your opinion on these two level types?
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Re: Water Vs. Land

Postby Super Luigi! » January 16th, 2012, 4:00 pm

The water levels did have some interesting concepts, but so did every other level. Low-G Labyrinth: Low Gravity, Poisonous Pipeline: Reversed Controls, Demolition Drain-Pipe: Riding a tobaggon through a huge pipe, Ripsaw Rage: A GIANT SAW CHASING AFTER YOU! Because there aren't many water levels, they do allow you to take a breather from the action on land. P.S. Why so many topics, The Banana Bird?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby The Banana Bird » January 17th, 2012, 1:31 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Why so many topics, The Banana Bird?

Good question Super Luigi, I actually have seen many topics that we are missing, there are much more by the way. I just want help a little by adding some of those topics that are a bit more, interesting. Anyways, land was fun too. I personally also like the calmness of water levels and also I like to swim so you can imagine yourself there. Water has its upsides on GBA, its beautiful soundtrack.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby DKCFan188 » January 31st, 2012, 4:12 pm

they should of had more water levels but instead, there was only a few.:(
Trainee Trekker

Postby The Banana Bird » February 1st, 2012, 9:24 am

That is true. The only ones were pretty epic though. They really should have had more water levels. Think about everything else they could have done!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » February 1st, 2012, 12:35 pm

I loved poisonous pipeline. That was probably one of my favorite levels... although...sometimes I flip the controller upside down!

I didn't like the regular water levels... I just thought they were weird. They seemed to downgrade from the previous DKCs. The coral looked funky and the music was odd.

Overall, I liked the pipeline levels the best. They were the most creative and could contain anything from water, to the toboggan, to low gravity gas stuff.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » February 1st, 2012, 12:40 pm

I respect your opinion on how DKC how better water levels then this since those were original, I just sort of love to see such creativity used in a simple level filled with water. It is impressive to always see that, and land also. I just think.....I like water alot or something. Maybe it's the fact that I swim or fish. I just love the ocean and this archetype displays a beautiful scene of the ocean.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » February 1st, 2012, 12:42 pm

Maybe I am biased! O.o I do hate the ocean... maybe that's it! :lol:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » February 1st, 2012, 12:49 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:sometimes I flip the controller upside down!

That actually is kind of funny how you said that. Like, 2 years ago or so this happened to me. I was playing with my friend to see how quick we can beat the whole game. We finally came up to "Poisonous Pipeline". We were stuck on it for SO LONG! After getting hit about 7 times, we flipped the controller upside down and played. It actually seems a little more fun. I guess we were rushing through the level at first. Got nuttin on "Kong-Fused Cliffs"
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby SexyRayman » February 1st, 2012, 3:45 pm

Land all the way! Never did liked any of the water levels.
Tourist

Postby The Banana Bird » February 2nd, 2012, 9:16 am

SexyRayman wrote:Never did liked any of the water levels.

Not a single one of them? That's kind of strange. Do you hate the ocean like Phyreburnz said.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby DKCFan188 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:39 pm

The Banana Bird wrote:That is true. The only ones were pretty epic though. They really should have had more water levels. Think about everything else they could have done!

I agree! more levels would of been great.:)
I'm thinking they should remake number 2 and 3 for the new wii u, that would be epic!
Trainee Trekker

Return to Donkey Kong Country 3