Best World On DKC3

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the DKC3 Port (GBA) subforum.

What Is Your Favorite DKC3 World

Lake Orangatanga
11%
Kremwood Forest
11%
Mekanos
18%
Cotton Top Cove
4%
K3
29%
Razor Ridge
No votes
Pacifica (GBA)
11%
KAOS Kore
7%
Krematoa
11%

Total votes : 28

Best World On DKC3

Postby Markster » June 25th, 2011, 4:03 pm

You decide.

------------------------------

My favorite is K3, because i love snow.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Re: Best World On DKC3

Postby Ribbedebie » July 31st, 2011, 2:59 am

Either Kremwood Forest or Razor Ridge. I adore the tree and cliff levels and the atmospheric music that accompanies it.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Chibisai Kong » August 1st, 2011, 7:32 am

Probably Orangatanga because that's the easiest for me so far. XD

And Markster, I love it too. Being in Texas I don't see it as often as I'd like to. :(
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 21

Postby Markster » August 1st, 2011, 8:26 am

I know texas is really hot, kentucky is a lot colder, i see snow in the fall and winter.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Krow111 » September 4th, 2011, 2:41 pm

K3, because it had good levels, my favorite being Krack-Shot Krock. It also had Bleak, my favorite DKC3 boss.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Phyreburnz » September 27th, 2011, 8:00 am

I went with Mekanos because they had Demolition Drain Pipe, which was the closest level to the roller coaster and mine cart levels in 1 and 2. I also liked Low G Labyrinth. And honestly, I love Fire-Ball Frenzy because of Karbine! He's such a cute little owl (owls are one of my favorite animals) and he shoots fireballs at you! It's the perfect combination of cute and deadly!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby Mayo » November 8th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I'm always fond of factory levels in the DKC series, which is why I love Mekanos the most ♥
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 4

Postby FalsePower » December 31st, 2011, 9:01 am

It's a hard choice but I went with K3. The variety of the levels are all the most memorable to me.
Not to mention Rockface Rumble is like the Stickerbush Symphony of DKC3.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby The Banana Bird » January 4th, 2012, 2:45 am

I chose Pacifica because it has many creative level schemes, a windy ocean, a sunken tree, a stormy dock and a watery pipe are pretty memorable. The rest are good too in this world. SURFS UP IS AWESOME!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Qyzbud » January 6th, 2012, 1:49 pm

I'm with Phyreburnz and Mayo; Mekanos is where it's at.

Demolition Drainpipe - fast, fun and fairly original; my favourite level in the game, I'd say.
Ripsaw Rage - intense, impressive and ingenious; I dread this level, but in a good way.
Low-G Labyrinth - slow, soothing and surreal; It's like a sewer on the moon!

Besides these specifically awesome levels, I think Mekanos epitomises DKC3's 'industrialised wilderness' theme. Easily my favourite area in DKC3, with Kremwood Forest taking second place.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Re:

Postby FalsePower » January 8th, 2012, 8:19 am

Qyzbud wrote:Besides these specifically awesome levels, I think Mekanos epitomises DKC3's 'industrialised wilderness' theme. Easily my favourite area in DKC3, with Kremwood Forest taking second place.

That's a great way to describe it; an industrialized wilderness theme is exactly what the game has going on.
I could never put my finger why exactly this game has a different feel to the other two.
I'm in the minority but DKC3 is my favorite and yes, *gasp* I actually like Kiddy.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby The Banana Bird » January 8th, 2012, 11:40 am

FalsePower, you are one of the first people who agree with me on Kiddy. He isin't that bad, I mean he's pretty cool. He can come to a great use really and made the whole thing of DKC3 different and interesting.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Phyreburnz » January 8th, 2012, 11:57 am

Silly Kiddy lovers! :lol:

I, personally, can't stand him!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby The Banana Bird » January 8th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Phyreburnz wrote:Silly Kiddy lovers!

I, personally, can't stand him!

:x NARRRRR YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! :lol: I would of preffered DK but you gotta love Kiddy. He was new, and after all he is a Kong so why not? Try something new, if they hate it they hate it but I kind of think he isin't bad. Every Kong neede their spotlight and theirs Kiddy Kongs! He had really no other way to be used.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Cody » January 20th, 2012, 7:33 pm

I'm going to have to go with K3, where the game (in my opinion) starts to take an interesting turn for the better, architectural-wise.

Krevice Kreepers is an interesting cliff level that more or less sets the mood for the rest of the game
Tearaway Toboggan couldn't have come at a better time; toboggan rides were a stroke of genius, and the design of the snow terrain fits the concept perfectly. Brilliant executed on all accounts.
Barrel Drop Bounce, of course, is ever-so-wonderful... not only does this level have the most creative gameplay among the falls, but its color palette gives off a cool, wintery vibe that unanimously fits in with the rest of the stage
Krack-Shot Kroc is arguably one of the coolest levels in the game for several reasons. The first one is that you're SQUITTER! The second is that you're in a large factory. Interestingly, I always thought that this was a barrel factory, and the sudden lack of quality control (on the Kremlings' behalf) over the stock caused a bunch of barrels to pile up over and roll into the river, eventually flowing downstream and off of the edge into the waterfall (hence Barrel Drop Bounce). Then, you're being chased by a crosshair that shoots fireballs at you. Combine this with cool music and you've got perhaps THE most memorable level in all of DKC :)
Lemguin Lunge was well worth it, it was nice to have a final hurrah when it comes to true wintery levels in the game.

• ...and then there's Bleak. The bulk of DKC3's bosses focus more on gimmicky gameplay elements as opposed to a more traditional fight, and this dude is no exception. First, he's an anthropomorphic snowman who throws snowballs at you... and SHOOTS SNOWBALLS OUT OF HIS HAT! That's beyond neat. Plus, the way you fight him is unique in the sense that the Kongs aren't in their standard platforming stature, but rather in a similar manner as Cranky's Showdown & the X-Y-B-A caves (can't recall the specific names... are they just crystal chasms?)... it was just a memorable fight, and it was awesome to see the snowman laugh himself to death after getting hit with one-too-many snowballs :lol:

• And of course, Blizzard's Basecamp. I tend to come up with complex scenarios to link any two events together, so instead of seeing the Kongs just run up to Blizzard's, the concept I visualized is that they're climbing up an extremely large, snowy mountain. At the summit, they enter a lodge where they're able to sit back and relax with a nice cup of hot chocolate by the fire and just unwind at the end of the day before they resume their journey.

This is where Blizzard comes in, and his basecamp allows Dixie and Kiddy to slowly drift to sleep inside a little peaceful bubble while everything outside is harsh and cold.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 62

Postby Ninni973 » January 23rd, 2012, 8:54 am

I like Kremwood Forest. There's trees to climb up, including Springin' Spiders, my favorite level! There's two riverbank levels, both unique and fun. Also, beware of Brash! He's such a sore loser who throws a rampage every time someone beats his record. There's also a mill with rats running the mill. It deserves to be the best world on DKC3 ever.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 15

Postby Markster » January 23rd, 2012, 2:31 pm

Well, so far K3 has got most of the votes, keep voting people!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby DKCFan188 » January 31st, 2012, 4:06 pm

my favourite world is the lost word, i find it interesting.:-)
Trainee Trekker

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 3:54 pm

I always did like K3 the best.. :)
Tourist

Postby Super Luigi! » February 3rd, 2012, 3:04 pm

I could have sworn that I had voted on this already. Anyway, I chose Lake Orangutanga, because it's the 1st world and really sets the mood for the rest of the game. Plus, there's water there. WATER!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby DKCFan188 » February 5th, 2012, 8:16 am

Super Luigi! wrote:I could have sworn that I had voted on this already. Anyway, I chose Lake Orangutanga, because it's the 1st world and really sets the mood for the rest of the game. Pluse, there's water there. WATER!

that one is the easiest.:P
Trainee Trekker

Postby Super Luigi! » February 5th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Considering it's the first world, your statement is valid.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 4:44 am

Super Luigi! wrote:Considering it's the first world, your statement is valid.

Yup! :) also, it has the easiest boss too!
Trainee Trekker

Postby Super Luigi! » February 8th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Taking into context that it is the first boss, you are indeed correct to say that it is the easiest. Although, it is quite possible that another boss might be easier to some other individuals, your statement is justified on account of said boss being in the first world, which such worlds are usually the easiest, as is the tradition of video game bosses in first worlds.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:Taking into context that it is the first boss, you are indeed correct to say that it is the easiest. Although, it is quite possible that another boss might be easier to some other individuals, your statement is justified on account of said boss being in the first world, which such worlds are usually the easiest, as is the tradition of video game bosses in first worlds.

Yupperz, indeed it is and well one that i find the hardest is gotta be the lost world, those have the most challenging levels compared to the other worlds, well Lightning lookout can be a hard one as well, i like the more challenging levels.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Glimmer » April 18th, 2012, 1:19 am

No love for Cotton-Top Cove? I'm impressed. Kreeping Klasps and Fish Food Frenzy are among my favorite levels in DKC3, plus the waterfall levels in this world aren't bad at all.
Tourist

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 11:33 am

3. Kremwood Forest - I loved how the world had conflicting attitudes between the "Sneeze" version and the "Guh' Boy Advanced" version. The original had music that was very mysterious and chilling and the re-release had a very childish and almost mockingly friendly music. The forest also fits well in the game's theme of "Industry versus Nature".

2. Cotton-Top Cove - I. Love. Water. The world has a very heavenly tone to it. The three waterfalls are like the three pillars of some unknown code hidden deep in the history of the Northern Kremisphere. The deep waters are filled with dangers and the high falls and sprawled with high flying barrel mazes. And Squirt? The magical snail-head keeper of the waterfalls? There's got to be some secret about this game we're not getting.

1. Mekanos - First off, I love the name they gave this world. I like to say it with a Mexican Accent: Meh - Kah - Nos-. Sounds kinda like Mexico. Seconds, it brings back that feel of Kremkroc Industries Inc: Infiltrating the heart of your enemy's industry and shutting it down from the inside. Thirdly, it seems to be the epicenter of the "Industry versus Nature" battle that goes on in this game. Also, KAOS is one of the coolest video game villains of all time.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Return to Donkey Kong Country 3