DKC 2: Great music or greatest?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

DKC 2: Great music or greatest?

Postby Dioneas » December 17th, 2008, 12:33 pm

Me and a friend play DKC 2 religiously, and we both say that out of the three games, DKC 2 has the best music...
Debatable, I know, I guess I'm really biased because this was the first snes game I ever owned.
Anyways, favorite songs?
This is my remix of Krook's march, Lockjaw's Locker, and the Roller Coaster theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_75-CrzQ-o
Newcomer

Re: DKC 2: Great music or greatest?

Postby Gnawzooka » December 17th, 2008, 12:51 pm

I definitely prefer DKC2's music. Bayou Boogie, Hot-Head Bop, Disco Train, Stickerbush Symphony, Forest Interlude....so on, I love them all. :D
Remix sounds good.
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Kiddy14 » December 17th, 2008, 1:46 pm

I like your remix :D

Personally, my favorite track in DKC2 is Hot-Head Bop. Though my favorite music is in DKC3, while DKC2 is my least favorite of the trilogy (in terms of music).
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby PotoGamer » December 17th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Your remix is PURE AWESOME. 8-) I love the drums and how the tracks are merged.

My favorite songs in DKC2 are: Mining Melancholy (or how I prefer calling it, Kannon's Klaim), Stickerbrush Symphony, Jib Jig, and Snakey Shanty. While the DKC2 soundtrack isn't my favorite, it's as good as DKC's soundtrack. My favorite is DKC3's soundtrack, maybe it's out of nostalgia, but I love Water World because of it's dangerous yet calm sound.
Trailblazer

Postby Dioneas » December 17th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Poto, yes I actually fully agree with you on DKC 3 Water World, that is a beautiful track.
And thanks everybody!
Newcomer

Postby Rodent » December 19th, 2008, 5:16 pm

That's a cool remix. I'd get some better tools, then do more. You're very, very well on the right track though.

DKC 2 does indeed have the best soundtrack ever.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 3

Postby Cosmicman » December 20th, 2008, 3:25 am

I think dDKC 2 features the best music from the series, seems like the tracks fit their levels better, is like if David Wise worked with the programmers to make the music fit with the level design, on top of that DKC 2 is my favorite game from the series.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 91

Postby SmudgeKWOOD » May 16th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Man, that David Wise is one fasinating man with that music composing. Gotta luv the credits song. My favorite though is the Ship Hold. Got a iPod® recording device, so I plug it into the speakers and record away. by the way your remix is cool. Is it okay if I post my remixes here? No beat changes, but drums, length, verse length, bass, etc. I like `em myself, and I never like what I make.
On Probation

Postby Gnawzooka » May 16th, 2009, 10:48 pm

I think somewhere we have a thread for just such a thing...
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby DK4Ever » May 20th, 2009, 3:58 am

I'm not really sure what has the best soundtrack..

DKC2 has Hot-head bop, Crocodile Cacauphony, DIsco Train, haunted Chase, Lockjaw's and Stickerbrush BUT

DKC has Northern Hemisphere, JUngle Hijinx, Oil Drum Alley, and Aquatic Ambience..and of course, Gangplank Galleon..

So..... I dunno =/
Treasure Hunter

Postby Darth » May 20th, 2009, 5:21 am

Over all, it's definitely the best, although there's great tracks in every game. My favorite tracks from DKC2 would have to be Lockjaw's Locker, Boss Bossanova, Jib Jig, Hot-Head Bop, Lockjaw's Saga, Kannon's Claim, Krook's March, and Crocodile Cacophony.
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Sockpuppet » May 20th, 2009, 4:33 pm

SmudgeKWOOD wrote: Is it okay if I post my remixes here? No beat changes, but drums, length, verse length, bass, etc. I like `em myself, and I never like what I make.

We have a thread for remixes: http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=175 :D

DKC2 is definitely my favorite soundtrack. Not just of the trilogy, it's my favorite soundtrack EVER! And for that reason I'm trying to remix every song from the game. :)
My favorites are Stickerbrush Symphony, Hot Head Bop, In a Snow-bound Land, Mining Melancholy, Snakey Chantey and Forest Interlude. I love all the others too.
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Postby Gnawzooka » May 20th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Forest Interlude is great. :) So is Haunted Chase, Flight of the Zinger, Stickerbush Symphony, Disco Train, Crocodile Cacophany, Snakey Chanty, Jib Jig, Krooks March, Boss Bossanova, Bayou Boogie, Lockjaw... Is that like... all of them? :lol:
Seeker of Mysteries
Bananas received 5

Postby Phyreburnz » September 25th, 2010, 6:26 am

It's time for me to disagree with over 90% of you, yay!

I liked DKC's music a lot more than DKC 2's. There is no music that I dislike in the first. I do, however dislike some in the second one. I don't like the bramble music or the hornet music. I think that (for the most part) the original did a better job matching music to the style of the level. I do like the castle music and the Rattle Battle music a lot.

I have now prepared to take your criticism of how I know nothing :)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 593

Postby CliveKoopa » January 24th, 2011, 5:46 am

Sorry for the bump but I just had to reply.

in my opinion, DKC2 has the best music of any video game ever made. Stickerbrush Symphony, in particular, is by far the greatest VGM ever and outclasses most chart music as well. I don't think it will ever be beaten. I can't explain it but there's something about Stickerbrush Symphony what makes it outclass all other VGM ever made along with a lot of "real" music.
Newcomer

Postby 7S7ui3 » February 19th, 2011, 5:54 am

stickerbrush symphony and Forest interlude are the best songs in the DKC saga. It reminds me about the past when I played this constantly, beautiful ......
Tourist

Postby Ribbedebie » February 20th, 2011, 6:07 am

GreatEST, honestly, greatest video game soundtrack ever. Nowadays it's just rare to come across such a marvelous soundtrack.

My faves are In a Snow-Bound Land, Forest Interlude, and Jib Jig.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 57

Postby Stilt Village » February 27th, 2011, 7:30 am

Every single tune in DKC2 is great. Klomp's Romp, Jib Jig, Forest Interlude, Cranky's Conga, Hot-Head Bop, Disco Train and all those.
Newcomer

Postby Vincent » April 25th, 2011, 11:25 am

I am in love with DKC 2 soundtrack. Stickerbrush symphony, wow !!
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby Markster » June 12th, 2011, 1:17 am

DKC2 has a lot of good music, like the castle theme for an example, and the jungle theme, anyways i think DKC1, DKC2, DKC3, even DKCR's music are all even.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 2nd, 2012, 11:11 pm

Deffenitly the best music in the DKC series, but of course, it's my favorite DKC game. :?
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2