Klobber Karnage's Rotating Barrels - Emulator or ROM bug?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Klobber Karnage's Rotating Barrels - Emulator or ROM bug?

Postby request dude » May 18th, 2008, 4:24 am

Today Im with all the energies, and despite the fact I joined yesterday, I still have more things to discuss on this forum, and I need opinions from pros :P
OK, the next topic is about a problem that dont have many of us (but I do)...

On the level "Klobber Karnage" in the Lost World of DKC2, you know that on it you have an special part where you ride a rotating barrel for a LONG period, and I have the ZSNES emulator, and the ROM of the version 1.0 from DKC2
My question is...
I have the problem that the rotating barrel is "uncontrolable" in my ROM, and according to this video, the problem is the ZSNES emulator
What's the problem? Well, not satisfied with this, I downloaded the 1.1 version, and tried both of them (1.0 and 1.1) on 2 different emulators (ZSNES and SNESx9)
RESULTS:
* The 1.0 version: The barrel is unstoppable on ZSNES, and on SNESx9 is not
* The 1.1 version: The barrel is unstoppable on both emulators (WTF?)

My question is: The problem is the emulator, the ROM, or I really have bad luck with the SNES games :P?

Thanks in advance, see ya!!!
Tourist

Re: DKC2 - Klobber Karnage's Barrels - Emulator or ROM bug?

Postby BlueTronic » May 18th, 2008, 6:20 am

That happens to mine, too (Exept that it seems to be happening with every single one in the game! :x). In Barrel Bayou I could still control it, but when I wasn't moving it, the barrel would spin by itself. If you press right or left, the barrel starts spinning by itself in the opposite direction. This makes all of those spinning barrel cannons just like the spinning ones in DKC that spin by themselves and you have to shoot when it's in the right position. Kind of like what happens a lot of times with pretty much all of Nintendo's non-portable systems: the controller/Wii Remote/whatever sometimes always moves to the left and you can still control it, but the controller keeps moving against you. It must some kind of effect the ROM has with DKC2 specificly. There is another "ROM Bug" I seem to have in DKC: If you get hit while you're on an animal buddy, the animal buddy runs away like it's supposed to, but you turn strange colors and can't jump or roll attack. To make it stop, you have to press A and get off the animal buddy that you aren't on. :roll: I'll post a video of both bugs in a minute...
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Re: DKC2 - Klobber Karnage's Barrels - Emulator or ROM bug?

Postby request dude » May 18th, 2008, 6:33 am

Well, that may be a theory, but... OMFG!!! :o
Never seen the problem you have with the animal buddy in DKC1; you know, I have all the versions of DKC1:
The emulator ones (versions 1.0 and 1.1), and the original SNES' one... But I never had that porblem
Maybe is because you have the same problems we have; maybe the ROMS react in different ways depending on which emulator you play it... But if this happens on the real game, well, now that's a problem :P
Anyway, it doesnt matter, because if your game is old (as mine is; I think I have it since 1997), is easeir to find glitches that doesnt appear when you play them in the emulator

by the way, thanks for answering... At least Im not the only one with that problem ;)
Tourist

Re: Klobber Karnage's Rotating Barrels - Emulator or ROM bug?

Postby BlueTronic » May 25th, 2008, 7:13 am

I uploaded it, but comepletely forgot to post it.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4158722908

DKC2 part of the video: the first time I got in the barrel was when I was just moving it around to show what happens. The second time was me trying to get it to shoot in the direction of the 3 bananas.
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2