Klick-Klack Kolor Palette is off in Credits:

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Klick-Klack Kolor Palette is off in Credits:

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 25th, 2023, 4:50 pm

In the credits of DKC2, the beetle in question is much darker versus it’s in-game counterpart. On the other hand, it looks more like the pre-rendered art equivalents! :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Re: Klick-Klack Kolor Palette is off in Credits:

Postby Mattrizzle » February 27th, 2023, 8:07 am

I noticed this oddity the first time I beat DKC2! My theory is that all Click-Clacks were supposed to use the ending palette in-game, but they were made brighter to stand out against darker surroundings and whoever was responsible for coding the cast roll either didn't get the memo, forgot to change it, or decided to keep the old palette there.

More cast roll sequence trivia:
  • Flitter uses Zinger's buzzing sound instead of its own, lower-pitched version.
  • The rope Klinger is seen on is a sprite, but it isn't unique to this credits sequence. Upon closer observation, it's the vertical part of the rope used to tie up Donkey Kong, but rendered using Diddy's palette rather than the silver one it normally has.
  • King Zing is missing his stinger.
  • Kaptain K. Rool and Donkey Kong are the only two characters in the sequence to use three sprites.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Re: Klick-Klack Kolor Palette is off in Credits:

Postby WesternTanager794 » February 27th, 2023, 8:21 am

Cool facts! In beta footage i think that it uses the credits palette. I did realize that the klinger was a seperate sprite. Nice finds, Matt!
:parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2