Kleever’s Kiln Rom Hack:

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Kleever’s Kiln Rom Hack:

Postby WesternTanager794 » December 1st, 2022, 6:21 am

I’m planning to edit Kleever’s Kiln as per the beta versions of DKC2 had. I’m going to add a squawks barrel, change the entrance and camera angles and see if Kleever is still susceptible to squawk’s projectiles. They might have removed that in later versions! I think I might make a rom hack for DKC1 and DKC2 taking advantage of all of the unused areas! What does everyone think? :parry:

053F7DD7-7F1D-4FDC-AFDE-CA23CF600B4E.png
Kleever secret area!
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Re: Kleever’s Kiln Rom Hack:

Postby Super Luigi! » December 1st, 2022, 4:02 pm

I like that idea, but don't feel forced to do it, Tanager. If you do create the hack, however, then I'm sure it will be great, and I might try playing it.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 302

Postby WesternTanager794 » June 25th, 2023, 12:12 pm

I recently tried to hack it, but then permanently broke the level. I used Super Gorilla Maker 2. I’ll figure it out eventually. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Postby Mattrizzle » June 28th, 2023, 10:52 am

There's a Pro Action Replay code you can use to force yourself to transform into Squawks:
http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=303#p5527

Spitting an egg/nut at Kleever does affect his hit counter, but it's very buggy. Sometimes, a single projectile will defeat him, presumably because Kleever doesn't become invulnerable after the projectile makes contact with him, and it depletes his health every frame. If you shoot too many projectiles at him in rapid succession, the game will crash, presumably because the battle will jump past the defeated phase to an invalid one.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 221

Postby WesternTanager794 » June 28th, 2023, 1:49 pm

Thanks so much, Matt; exclamation point. :parry:
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 127

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2