What DKC2 level archetype do you prefer the most?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Poll ended at May 6th, 2008, 9:33 am

Ship
No votes
Mainbrace
No votes
Ship Deck
8%
Lava
8%
Mineshaft
8%
Swamp
No votes
Brambles
8%
Hive
8%
Coaster
8%
Forest
8%
Jungle
31%
Castle
8%
Ice
8%

Total votes : 13

Postby Kiddy14 » April 22nd, 2008, 9:33 am

A DKC2 post this time... Let's see who wins...

I think most of the people will end up saying "Brambles" because of the music, let's not use that excuse this time please? It would be unfair to other levels. Besides all DKC2 music is great.

=)

Note: Please vote again, since now Qyzbud allowed to add more than 10
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Re: What DKC2 level archetype do you prefer the most?

Postby Simion32 » April 22nd, 2008, 9:45 am

Ice because of cool transparency effects and level design/looks, and Jungles because the majority of jungle levels are fun and difficult. Aren't there only three jungle levels in the entire game?
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Jomingo » April 22nd, 2008, 11:16 am

The Bee hive levels. They are the first thing that comes to mind every time I think about DKC2.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » April 22nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

Please vote again, sorry guys ^^"

By the Way, Ship Deck really should have meant Ship Hold, read!
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Stone » April 22nd, 2008, 9:43 pm

Like the music, almost every archetype has its good points.
I've voted for Jungle and Beehives, the honey effects are amazing and the jungle is just so colorful and surreal, you have to lov it.
But I also like castle levels for gameplay, Brambles for graphics and music :roll: and the Ice levels for this cool feeling...

Edit: Mineshaft is also a level type I could have voted for. It would have been easier to vote archetypes I don't like ;)
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 48

Postby Jomingo » April 23rd, 2008, 5:59 am

Sorry. I refuse to vote twice. My vote means something, you can't just throw your vote around and treat it like dirt. By making a new vote, my old vote would be devastated that I had replaced him so soon after he was erased. Vote's have feelings. No Re-vote for me.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » April 23rd, 2008, 6:18 am

I feel bad... Sorry, please, sorry if you feel bad now for having your vote erased. I just edited the Poll so all the Levels would be posted as options individually since Qyzbud made the poll limit from 10 to 16. Sorry, if that's your opinion, it's ok with me. But I'm sorry for throwing your vote like trash...
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » April 23rd, 2008, 6:26 am

I'm Okay with it. It's my old vote who I'll never see again, he's the one you should be apologizing too. It's OK though, I understand you had to expand the poll.

I'm still not voting though.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby nackhe » April 23rd, 2008, 8:46 am

Jomingo wrote:I'm Okay with it. It's my old vote who I'll never see again, he's the one you should be apologizing too. It's OK though, I understand you had to expand the poll.

I'm still not voting though.

:lol:

Anyways, I voted for ship deck, as I love the music and generic level layout in those levels.
Plus: Rattle Battle :D
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Kiddy14 » April 23rd, 2008, 11:17 am

Jomingo wrote:It's my old vote who I'll never see again, he's the one you should be apologizing too.

Ok, then:
I'm sorry Joming's Old Vote for throwing you like trash. I'm really sorry because it was disrespect from me to Jomingo and you, because he thought hard when choosing you and now you were just been dumped like trash. I should never done that since now you're lost in the past and will never be remembered, forever and ever until the end of the world.

By the way nacke, Ship Deck actually refers to levels like "Lava Lagoon" or "Lockjaw's Locker" =P And it's not recommended to quote a whole post completely, specially when it's right above yours.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Kowbrainz » April 23rd, 2008, 12:35 pm

Chose Jungle and Mineshaft... reckon the music and visuals in those levels give off a really good vibe; the jungle's sort of spooky when you start hearing these tribal sounds in the background, and it all fits in with the spikes and skulls all over the place; you know it's going to be dangerous. Shame there were only two-and-three-fifth levels... I would've enjoyed a whole lot more.

The mineshafts were great, too. The whole lonely atmosphere with the echoing of the miners in the music. Sure it was glittery and all, but the music just gave off this really sad and lonely vibe to me.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 1

Postby Jomingo » April 24th, 2008, 6:40 am

I'm sure if my vote could talk, he would forgive you. I finally have closure.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby nackhe » April 25th, 2008, 12:05 am

I'm surprised brambles has no votes yet... :shock:
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » April 25th, 2008, 1:55 am

Oh my, I believe there has been a grave misunderstanding.

Jomingo, I am truly touched by the compassion you have shown for vote and his feelings... but please try to see things in a different light. Firstly, think of those poor polling options that were previously cramped together... that simply was not fair. They deserved to be listed separately; a basic right of all polling options the world over. Besides, if you were a vote, and you wanted to be cast with one option, but not the other, how would you feel? You'd feel like a cheap whore, that's how. So you can see why, for the sake of votes everywhere, and for the sake of the unfortunate, clumped together 'room-mate' options, extra listings needed to be supplied. There were no two ways about it.

The rules of polling (which I don't make, by the way) state that if options are added, votes are released from their previously assigned duties, and given a chance to reconsider where they stand. How do you think your vote would feel if he wasn't given the ability to revise his position on a matter, should circumstances change? Do you think it's fair for him to be locked into an iron-clad agreement, unable to do or say anything if his life's work (to best represent his caster's opinion) is undermined by such fluctuations as 'new options'? Is it not his right to regather his thoughts, and make an intelligent, informed decision? Come now, Jomingo... are you really acting in your vote's best interest? It seems to me that you are not. You are the only one who can prevent your vote from being heard... from making a difference in this world. He wasn't discarded, merely liberated, and given a real chance to make an even more profound statement. Would you really deny him this basic right, just to satisfy your own misguided sense of righteousness?

Come now, Jomingo; let him be heard... votes are people, too.

Kiddy14 wrote:...Ship Deck actually refers to levels like "Lava Lagoon" or "Lockjaw's Locker"...

Nah, that doesn't make sense. Those levels should be referred to as 'Ship Hold' levels. 'Ship Deck' describes levels such as Pirate Panic and Gangplank Galley, and, as nackhe mentioned, Rattle Battle. There are a couple of other archetype names I would change a little, but don't worry about it... the ones you chose make enough sense. I typically go by the names given in the 'Sound Test', which seems like a sensible way to go. They're all there, they are Rare sanctioned, they're brief, and they are logical. Plus, you can verify which one's which by listening to their brilliant soundtracks!

Personally, I like Jungle for the challenge, and Brambles for the ambience. I think it's really cool that they saved the jungle archetype all for the Lost World. That guarantees that all jungle levels are badass. If I had a third vote, it'd go to Ship Hold (not Ship Deck!). Those are fun and interesting levels, and I love the sinister, dramatic music.
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Jomingo » April 25th, 2008, 8:08 am

Ah... Qyzbud, you are a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater!

You seem to think that be recasting my vote I am giving my vote a new opportunity, but you seem to forget that, as I already pointed out, if I were to resubmit my vote now it would be a new vote. My old vote can never truly return from the emptiness he has now been relagated to. He is lost, lost forever, only living on in my memories. My only regret is that we never went to Paris.

Besides, if you were paying attention to my previous post, you would know that I had dropped the subject, and was ready to move on. But now you have opened a can of beans you cannot ever hope to contain for your skills in this debate will be no match for mine. I only hope you will be a worthy opponent.

I stand by my previous statement of being okay with my votes "death", but still not re-voting in order to preserve my votes memory.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kiddy14 » April 25th, 2008, 10:10 am

Qyzbud wrote:
Kiddy14 wrote:...Ship Deck actually refers to levels like "Lava Lagoon" or "Lockjaw's Locker"...

Nah, that doesn't make sense. Those levels should be referred to as 'Ship Hold' levels. '

Oops.... sorry, I'm really sorry, I'll edit one of my posts right now.

I really don't want to start a fight just because of this, I already had like 2 fights in school, and they are exhausting. One thing my teacher tells me is, you will never win in fights like this kind.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby BlueTronic » April 25th, 2008, 12:59 pm

nackhe wrote:I'm surprised brambles has no votes yet... :shock:

Because it's a thorn bush where nearly everything hurts you! No one likes getting killed by thorns. :p
Previously "Kong-Fu"
Bananas received 109

Postby Kiddy14 » April 25th, 2008, 1:37 pm

Kong-Fu wrote:No one likes getting killed by thorns. :p

I actually like the Brambles' LEvels because of the diffuculty of even having to watch out for walls! Altough my favorites ones are still Lava and Forest.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 25

Postby Jomingo » April 26th, 2008, 12:11 pm

Yeah, the brambles are usually considered some of the funnest levels in the game. What's not to like, unless you hate a little bit of challenge.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 7

Postby Kobble » June 27th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Where's Haunted Library? I would have voted for that. Oh right, you combined it and carnival with coaster. I see.
Tourist

Postby Soniccuz » June 28th, 2008, 5:59 am

I would of voted for Mainbrace the second level in the game is my favorite to be exact. Not that it would of made a difference it's not a very popular archetype.
Trailblazer
Bananas received 17

Postby DonkeyKong » August 19th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Jungles are my Favorite because DonkeyKong is from a Jungle right?
Tourist

Postby Katastrophe Kong » April 19th, 2009, 9:38 am

I really liked the roller coaster levels.

Welcome to Krazy Kremland! Where a krem can be a kid!
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2