New Hot Head Bop arrangement / cover

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

New Hot Head Bop arrangement / cover

Postby Lunningstone » December 19th, 2015, 8:56 pm

Hi!
I managed to finish a video / cover song from Hot Head Bop few days ago and i thought that people here would appreciate the DKC music like i do. The video is 1080p / 60fps and the audio is mixed / "mastered" in a digital audio workstation so the quality shouldn´t be a problem. Check it out if you like and suggest what could be another theme to remake. I´m planning of maybe doing a Jungle Groove cover next but not sure yet... :) Merry Christmas everyone!

Lunningstone - Hot Head Bop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh2NpOnF8cA
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Re: New Hot Head Bop arrangement / cover

Postby Simion32 » December 20th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Could we have a download of that realistic Lava sound effect you use in the first part of the song, by itself?

I'd really like to use that SFX in a future fangame. :)
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 332

Postby Lunningstone » December 20th, 2015, 10:37 pm

Hi!
It was a free wav i found from google by searching with " lava wav, lava sfx, bubbling lava" or smthn like that. Can't really remember the site right now and im not on my pc. I'll look it up maybe tonigt...

It didn't take too much searching. You'll find it if you want it sooner!
Cheers!

-Lunningstone
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Qyzbud » December 21st, 2015, 11:14 pm

This is a really sweet rendition! Awesome work. 8-)

I'd love to hear what you can do with Jungle Groove/DK Island Swing, or any other tracks from the DKC games; perhaps the Rattle Battle theme "Snakey Chantey" would suit your style? Or the Gang-Plank Galleon music? I think these would all sound good with the live instrumental treatment. :)

Welcome to DKC Atlas, by the way, and thanks for sharing your musical talent!
Atlas Author
Bananas received 682

Postby Lunningstone » December 22nd, 2015, 12:07 am

Thank you very much for those kind words! :)

I actually have an unfinished remake of rattle battle, which plays nicely with melodica, drums and bass but i still prefer starting a Jungle Groove remake. I bought a few rythmic instruments mainly for that, but i still think i need Bongos, congas, tumbas whatever those african drums are, to really make it sound like the original (with real instruments). And i need a pan flute to make the Jungle Groove second half. Yes, im going full Snes, not the newer ones... :)

Im also planning on doing a Sonic 2 medley and / or Megaman 3 medley as soon as possible. The making itself is kinda slow because i have to learn all the instruments good enough to play it for the camera (no shortcuts with pc workstation or copy pasting etc.)

And.... If you have any use or need for my songs / remakes, they are free to use. Just please post a link to my channel / original video Thx! :)
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Postby Lunningstone » December 23rd, 2015, 1:32 am

Lol I just receiverd an early Christmas present. Set of bongos! :D Guess i will make the Jungle Groove remake then :)
-Lunningstone
Newcomer
Bananas received 3

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2