Level Speed Runs

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Level Speed Runs

Postby Axis » August 7th, 2012, 3:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e=view_all

I have some rules:

-No Dixie Kong, her hovering is total cheat and takes away some difficulty from the speed run.
-I choose to avoid walking and stopping as much as possible because of saving seconds on time, you'll notice deter from holding down the d pad and y button so much.
-I use only one life to gain the benefit of a no hit ratio and bring some skill onto the field, trust me it takes plenty of tries and tries.
-I use my original super nintendo versus my emulator, screw the word TAS...it just stands for Taking A crap. (I like to abbreviate :P )
-Avoid bonus, warps, and invincibility mainly to improve time and take a good time on the level layout purely.
-If you're interested in the total time for any records I made, judge the video at the instant land on the target for an ending time.

Most of them aren't perfect, but some of them are! I like the imperfections of some missed barrel shots or missed jumps or even wrong directions sometimes...but you gotta remember I just zoom at 50 miles per hour everywhere. The imperfections grow on me because no speed run can be perfect unless you fall into that luck category of exceptional frame memorization. I'm so accustomed to the game because it became the only game I never beat as a kid out of my entire game collection. Feel free to subscribe to my channel, check out some runs, and tell me what you think! Each video has a brief text commentary suggesting errors or what could've been done in place.

My two favorite levels are Bramble Scramble and Fiery Furnace.

Any other speed runners out there?
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 3

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2