Strange Banana

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Strange Banana

Postby Glimmer » April 24th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Does anybody know why there was that lonesome banana in Screech's Sprint? It's a little after the start of the level, after you pass the four Klingers, just below the brambles. When i first played the game, many years ago, i was almost certain that there was something there, a bonus or a blue balloon. It turned out that there was nothing. So it was just a mistake of the level programmers?
Attachments
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest000.png
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest000.png (50.37 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Tourist

Re: Strange Banana

Postby DKCplayer » May 1st, 2012, 5:20 pm

That was what I was wondering while playing it though recently. On closer inspection, it seems the Zinger flying backwards and forwards turns around when it reaches the banana. Could it have been a guide the programmers used to judge how far the Zinger flies to the right? It sounds like a silly explanation, but it could happen I guess.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 16

Postby Glimmer » May 2nd, 2012, 8:43 am

Good observation! Not silly at all, i played the level again today and you seem to be right, the zinger flies to the right till it reaches the banana and the then head backwards. It could be the explanation.
Tourist

Postby Mr.Diddy » August 2nd, 2012, 11:05 pm

I played the level again just to see the bannana, but when I saw the Kloak throw the TNT barrel, I laughed because he gave me something to throw at him, but of course, it was a TNT Klobber and it took me by surpprise. ;)
Jungle Explorer
Bananas received 4

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2