What's the most annoying level in DKC2?

Talk about Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest for SNES and VC.
The GBA port can be discussed in the Port (GBA) subforum.

Postby DKCFan188 » February 2nd, 2012, 2:54 pm

well there's many of them that i can't stand at all. :lol:
Trainee Trekker

Re: What's the most annoying level in DKC2?

Postby SexyRayman » February 2nd, 2012, 3:16 pm

The crushing castle place... man I can't stand that place one bit! :geek:
Tourist

Postby The Banana Bird » February 3rd, 2012, 9:45 am

I dub "Windy Well", "Windy Hell" now since it annoys me so much.
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 7

Postby Super Luigi! » February 3rd, 2012, 2:55 pm

For me, I don't have a most annoying level. I mean, Rare would've had to go Kaizo on the level design, and then I might be irritated. Even if they threw in the African-Kremean Klobbers, a level would still be funny.
Sage of Discovery
Bananas received 301

Postby DKCFan188 » February 5th, 2012, 5:24 am

The Banana Bird wrote:I dub "Windy Well", "Windy Hell" now since it annoys me so much.

that level is alright, i can actually do a speedrun of that one, maybe just get hit once and pass through some enemies very fast.
Trainee Trekker

Postby DKCFan188 » February 5th, 2012, 5:25 am

Super Luigi! wrote:For me, I don't have a most annoying level. I mean, Rare would've had to go Kaizo on the level design, and then I might be irritated. Even if they threw in the African-Kremean Klobbers, a level would still be funny.

Those Klobbers are pretty darn annoying, pushing me down and making me get killed or get hit. lol
Trainee Trekker

Postby Shy Guys Stash » February 5th, 2012, 11:36 pm

For me it would have to be bramble blast or bramble scramble
Tourist
Bananas received 2

Postby mentholcase » February 6th, 2012, 11:53 am

SexyRayman wrote:The crushing castle place... man I can't stand that place one bit! :geek:
I just don't like the slow pace, but everything else is fun.
The Banana Bird wrote:I dub "Windy Well", "Windy Hell" now since it annoys me so much.
The only part that annoys me is the last horizontal section, but only if I have only Dixie.
Shy Guy's Stash wrote:For me it would have to be bramble blast or bramble scramble
Whaaaaaaa...??? Those are some of my favorite levels, especially Bramble Blast, with all the barrels. My favorite level in DKC was Tree Top Town, but Snow Barrel Blast would be if it weren't for the snow.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby DKCFan188 » February 7th, 2012, 3:44 am

mentholcase wrote:
SexyRayman wrote:The crushing castle place... man I can't stand that place one bit! :geek:
I just don't like the slow pace, but everything else is fun.
The only part that annoys me is the last horizontal section, but only if I have only Dixie.
Shy Guy's Stash wrote:For me it would have to be bramble blast or bramble scramble
Whaaaaaaa...??? Those are some of my favorite levels, especially Bramble Blast, with all the barrels. My favorite level in DKC was Tree Top Town, but Snow Barrel Blast would be if it weren't for the snow.

I also love Bramble Scramble and Bramble Blast. Those levels are great! I did speedruns of them already but probably not the fastest and Castle Crush, I have no problem with that level either.
Trainee Trekker

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 4:09 am

Tonberry2000 wrote:Web. Woods.

that level is a pain in the ass Lol. I had no idea where those bonus levels were like 2 days ago.
Trainee Trekker

Postby Markster » February 8th, 2012, 4:11 am

I disagree, I love Web Woods, it is challenging.
Expedition Leader
Bananas received 37

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 4:38 am

Markster wrote:

I disagree, I love Web Woods, it is challenging.

I most definitely like the most challenging levels there is in the game, i just think that one is annoying because sometimes i fall and the spider web doesn't last too long, it disappears quickly.
Trainee Trekker

Postby mentholcase » February 8th, 2012, 5:58 am

Abuse the A button. Until you get better, try "double-clicking" A when you already on a web to place a "backup" web before setting up your next web.
Trainee Trekker
Bananas received 6

Postby DKCFan188 » February 8th, 2012, 6:03 am

mentholcase wrote:Abuse the A button. Until you get better, try "double-clicking" A when you already on a web to place a "backup" web before setting up your next web.

Thanks! oh press A and jump on the spider web at the same time, I did that before.:3
Trainee Trekker

Postby r0xm2n » February 11th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Glimmer's Galleon. Seriously, that level is very dark and very long. And DK barrel's are scarce. An accidental death can send you back 4 minutes into the level.
Newcomer

Postby Geno » March 15th, 2012, 4:30 am

Toxic Tower and Animal Antics. DAMN BRAMBLES!!!
Treasure Hunter
Bananas received 57

Postby MadcapTech » March 20th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Animal Antics. The one place where I can actually die.
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Glimmer » April 18th, 2012, 12:55 am

Toxic Tower all the way. I got stuck there for almost 3 months! Of course that was mainly because the first time i played the game my english were really poor and i didn't know how to save my progress. I had to start all over from Krazy Kremland, there was my last accidental save. Those were the days for sure!
Tourist

Postby len8946 » April 18th, 2012, 11:39 pm

I loved all the levels.* The only time I really died was when I tried to rush through the levels.
Castle Crush and Toxic Tower were annoying the first time around, but now I beat them first shot.
Same with Animal Antics. Though I got about 15 game overs first time trying to beat that level -.-
Funny story, about five lives in, I managed to get past Squawk's part for the first time, only to die at Rattly's part.
Took me another 50 lives to beat it again. I didn't make the same mistake at Rattly's part again. Ever.

Most annoying.... Slime Climb.
I don't know why... I just... don't... like... that level. :/

*Slime Climb is the exception
Tourist
Bananas received 1

Postby Katastrophe Kong » August 1st, 2012, 10:18 am

Toxic Tower: There's so much skill involved in getting the most out of every jump, it's mandatory that every jump be absolutely perfect or you fall into a bat of acid. There's so much pressure and I always get nervous when I play that level. Definitely my most annoying level in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Veteran Venturer
Bananas received 32

Postby Blue Banana » December 22nd, 2013, 6:30 pm

Windy Well: Those two Krooks are hard to dodge and Zingers move way too quickly, also the wind that supposedly carries you up mostly bumps you into Zingers, the one part with the DK barrel is obnoxious, you cant stop going up for your life, when the 2 separate Krooks throw their hooks and scar you, you go all the way back down to the midway check point, it's legitimately annoying and it makes me want to rip my head off trying to beat it.
Previously "Kiddy"
Bananas received 1

Return to Donkey Kong Country 2